Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Blast starts hidden counter that can reset combo stack mods like Blood Rush

60framespersecond

Expected behavior:

Void Blast usage does not interfere with combo stack mods like Blood Rush.

Actual behavior:

Hitting an enemy with Void Blast starts some kind of hidden "operator melee counter" that resets after ~4-5 seconds. If operator mode is left before that counter runs out, it carries over and resets mod stacks, but not the melee combo counter.

How to reproduce: Easy (~99% reproducible)

Tried with Naramon, Vazarin and Zenurik schools, only Naramon's Power Spike seems to have a significant effect on the issue.

1. Increase your combo duration sufficiently (to 10+ seconds; the higher you go, the easier it is to see)
  2. Equip any combo stack mod (e.g. Blood Rush)
  3. Build up combo count and check mod stacks (e.g. 4x combo gives 3x Blood Rush)
  4. Go into operator mode
  5. Use Void Blast on enemy (did the testing on Corrupted Heavy Gunner; make sure it's a hit)
  6. Start counting
  7. Leave operator mode within ~4-5 seconds of the Void Blast (i.e. before the "hidden counter" resets)
  8. See mod stacks vanish at the ~5 second mark
  9. Build up more combo before melee counter runs out (if possible, i.e. melee combo counter was <12x)
  10. The mod starts stacking again from 1x, increasing by 1 for each newly gained combo multiplier (or doesn't at all, if melee combo counter was at 12x before)

One (the only?) way to reset the mod stacks is to let the combo duration meter run out. When Naramon's Power Spike is equipped, this means just dropping 5 hits from the melee combo counter and the mod stacks go back to the appropriate value (e.g. one had 45 hits for a 3x combo, drops to 40 hits with still 3x combo and Blood Rush now has 2x again). For any other school, this makes you lose all combo and starting over from zero (both melee combo and mod stacks).

• Like 7

+1  

Noticed initially while doing arbitration run, Khora's Whipclaw with blood rush doing red crits with 12x combo would suddenly start doing yellow crits only, I would have to let the combo expire and raise it again to see the red crits again, never linked it to the operator but I just replicated the behaviour un simulacrum. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whatever happens in operator mode doesn't actually reset the combo stacks. I still have 220 combo but I'm doing white and yellow damage. But if I'm in the vicinity of a demolyst (in this Sortie), then somehow all of that goes back to normal and I do red damage again... It's pretty inconsistent.

My combo stack (notice 12x/220 but no x12 HUD icons at the top next to shields/health):

Spoiler

SMq83pL.jpg

Bugged whipclaw... yellow damage (notice no x12 icons at the top next to shields/health)

Spoiler

CSwHDkT.jpg

Normal whipclaw (notice x11 icons at the top of the screen next to shields/health)

Spoiler

nnkC0V2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was keeping an eye on this issue, but as of Hotfix 28.0.3, the Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds combo stacks don't reset after Void Blast.

But the Gladiator Set Bonus will be reset.

It may not be the intended fix as it is not mentioned in the patch notes.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-12 at 11:15 PM, dimekikko said:

I was keeping an eye on this issue, but as of Hotfix 28.0.3, the Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds combo stacks don't reset after Void Blast.

But the Gladiator Set Bonus will be reset.

It may not be the intended fix as it is not mentioned in the patch notes.

Indeed, thanks for the heads up! I also just did a test in 28.0.5 and could observe this same behavior of BR/WW working, while the Gladiator Bonus still resets.