Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)SaMwOw069

Bring back self damage

21 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

Bring back coptering while you're at it.

Volt and Valkyr could be Timelords with the Strength and Attack Speed Mods that we have in the game thesedays.

"wanna see me faceplant into that wall and then phase through it?"
"what wall? i don't even see a w-"
and then a blur goes by and the Waypoint to mark the other Player says 3.47E12 Meters.

5 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

And if you say to avoid the magnetic screams, boy do I have a surprise for you: it's called a K-drive on a hotkey, and its total immunity from magnetic procs.

ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS !!

Spoiler

it will be fixed in 3-4 years just like all the other stuff 😭

Ah I see, a thread complaining about Chroma disguised as a self damage thread.

I do agree that amp needs to be looked at. You can’t fire it with out bing staggered.

just wait until eidolons get the status procs going for them. all amps will be revised.

So agree you could have posted in the correct thread and I prefer the new mechanic by far in a variety of situations, gear, and frames.

4 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

Never said he didn't need a rework. Saying Chroma is "absolutely killed" is completely wrong and something inexperienced players say because they have no understanding of how Chroma actually works, or don't know any different way to use him other than self-cheese methods.

Guess you'll have to use Chroma now like he was intended to be used until if/when he does get a rework. Oh darn.

Saying to use K-drive on eidolon hunt as DPS or not is pretty inexperienced, where people saw that stupid, STUPID IDEA, to keep repeating that xit? Youtube?  A Tip if yes, most of what that Youtuber said about Eidolon is bad or pretty "inexperienced", and maybe other topics too.

Warframe was intended to be a Coop game, but it is not. Liches were intended to be a nemesis, but they aren't. Railjack was intended to be something, but it isn't. Nerf on Itzal was intended for diversity, but it is all Amesha now, Things were intended to be connected, but Islands every where. You were intended to at least think a little for yourself, but all I see is copy/past of inexperience players' sentences from this forum and/or Youtubers in eidolon hunt.

"Self-cheese", at least Chroma need something else than just press key for buff like a lot of Warframes (Rhino, Mirage, Augments Warframes, etc).

I feel the OP's problems would largely be solved by removing self-staggering, not by reinserting self-damage. As for Chroma... why exactly are we asking to reinsert an entire system just for the sake of a single warframe that's been in need of a drastic rework anyway? Just change Chroma so that he doesn't have to rely on external band-aids to function adequately; no need to revert back to a broken system virtually everyone hated with a passion.

It's pretty difficult to stagger yourself with an amp. I've experimented, and I had to either have my nose against an obstacle or be pointing at the floor to see any real effect.

Hyperbole isn't helpful when trying to make a case for change.

Bring back draco, greedy mag, afk mesa, ash 4 spam, trinity castanas, chroma old calcuation buff, zoren-copter, raids, limbo nuke 4, wukong exodia contagion......................

i rather have stagger any day in the week than having back self damage again, it essentially made explosive weapons useless and even if you had that -99% dmg taken mod on it ate up a mod slot and still could kill you. stagger is a small price to pay for making them viable again. also, primed sure foot is a thing aswell

BuT MuH ChRoMa!

plenty viable ways to use him without self damage, even if it slightly effects your meta. besides, DE probably know about this and after Scarlet Spear, they'll have a chance to announce a rework for him. he's always needed one anyway since only half his kit is viable, maybe now he'll get one.

The funny thing is I hate the Staticor change but for the reasons I used it on the run to  break crates...it was great handling harder foes, but in reality it greatest use was material collection....RIP Staticor LOL...The day fun and builder bob died....

Another one of this threads...

Get over it.

Could had used the time you used to write this pointless rant, into a feedback thread on how to rework chroma. I'm looking at you op.

Start using handspring, sure footed, constitution or primed sure footed.

Start using your other eidolon hunter frames. Chroma is not the only frame for eidolons. Bring roar rhino, or buffer octavia.

Self damage is gone for good, accept it.

6 hours ago, Matak-FR said:

Bring back draco, greedy mag, afk mesa, ash 4 spam, trinity castanas, chroma old calcuation buff, zoren-copter, raids, limbo nuke 4, wukong exodia contagion......................

All the fun stuff 

7 hours ago, MPonder said:

Saying to use K-drive on eidolon hunt as DPS or not is pretty inexperienced, where people saw that stupid, STUPID IDEA, to keep repeating that xit?

Nice assumption. Speaking from personal experience, not parroting some youtuber. It's how I've always avoided magnetic procs, and it works wonderfully without sacrificing an arcane slot. It's something I observed other players actually practicing in matches, and have adapted my playstyle to.

7 hours ago, MPonder said:

You were intended to at least think a little for yourself, but all I see is copy/past of inexperience players' sentences from this forum and/or Youtubers in eidolon hunt.

Calling something "copy/past" without any actual justification only makes you look like an ignorant fool.

24 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

, and have adapted my playstyle to.

Define your playstyle. Like of a DPS that is on a K-Drive instead of spawning unairu wisps for the team? I can't see playstyle in taking or not taking the magnetic procs. 

it works wonderfully without sacrificing an arcane slot.

But sacrificing buff for Shield phase for the team.

Calling something "copy/past" without any actual justification only makes you look like an ignorant fool.

"I observed other players actually practicing in matches, and have adapted my playstyle to.". Copying a bad idea from players that don't know what they are doing is what an ignorant fool would do. If you want something to negate magnetic procs in your build that don't sacrifice an arcane, go for Rolling Guard (if you can) + Amalgam barrel diffusion, but don't waste time that you should be spawning wisps with your operaton on an xit K-Drive.

I think operators should be treated differently than warframes.  

Remove self damage for operators and problem solved.  Self damage is definately not a problem with operators, worst case we jump back to Warframe!