Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bolt Action Sniper-Rifle, (Aka. Galatine Sniper Version)

Bitfly

THIS IS A REPOST OF MY OWN THREAD WHICH I DELETED TO AVOID THE (NOT SO)ULTIMATE DISCUSSION HERO WITH AN OPINION (forum rules prevents me from stating your name to say you're not welcome here again, but you know who you are).

Nvm he's back. Let's play a game - see if you can spot him

Hello Tenno (and DE if they happen to read this),

Being into snipers, I feel that we need a real sniper instead of those semi-automatic rifles 

the game offers us at the moment. I'm talking about a bolt action sniper rifle. If you don't know

what the difference is, this means that you have to reload your rifle after every shot (a "real" sniper).

This would not only be yet another weapon with some minor stat changes and a new appearance,

it would add a bit of variety (as we do not have such sniper rifle yet).

Being a single shot weapon, this should of course deal a lot more damage than semi-automatic snipers,

resulting in a real 1-shot kill weapon and the genuine sniper feel. I present you, the galatine sniper version:

(insert drawing of amazing bolt-action grineer design sniper rifle here)

Edited by Bitfly

Gonna say this again, thanks to the old thread being ditched...

Lanka. It's the closest you'll get.

Unless this new one is what you're looking for...

Why the heck do you have to post this leaked picture in both my threads AND say "Lanka"

Edited by Bitfly

Will not happen coz of the totally underpowered and insulting Charged Chamber fairplay substitute for the Primed Chamber that you got from exploiting in an event where De failed to give information about additional rewards beforhand and then awarded it for only 100 people out of hundrets of thousands of players and never put it into additional events like they promised or even a loot table.

Why the heck do you have to post this leaked picture in both my threads AND say "Lanka"

Everyone who replies to this Thread is gonna say Lanka... I mean honestly... "Bolt Action" Lanka - Charge Time between Shots "Galatine Sniper" Lanka - 250 Charge Damage on top of same Crit Stats.... =.... Bolt Action LANKA!

Edited by EinRyu

Will not happen coz of the totally underpowered and insulting Charged Chamber fairplay substitute for the Primed Chamber that you got from exploiting in an event where De failed to give information about additional rewards beforhand and then awarded it for only 100 people out of hundrets of thousands of players and never put it into additional events like they promised or even a loot table.

Charged Chamber will come again... so says DE... Nah. Pretty sure they completely forgot about this mod along with the event that brought it.

Edited by EinRyu

Charged Chamber will come again... so says DE... Nah. Pretty sure they completely forgot about this mod along with the event that brought it.

Rebbeca said that Charged Chamber isn't coming again.  How funny will it be if such bolt-action sniper rifle is released and people who never left their chairs for a whole weekend will complain about on forums, lol!

Edited by 3XT3RM1NATUS

Obviously people mentioning Lanka has no idea what a bolt action rifle is. Or a Lanka if you happen to do

Lanka = More or less a Railgun.

Bolt Action Sniper = A Rifle where a bolt is pulled back to open and close the breech to allow a new bullet in, and the breech is closed again. In a nutshell atleast...

Here's the thing... Warframe = Futuristic Sci-Fi-ish Game... Lanka = Futuristic Sci-Fi-ish... Rifle. In the end, honestly... I don't think Grineer are making Bolt Action Snipers and I don't think Tenno are going for em if they have things like Lanka...

Rebbeca said that Charged Chamber isn't coming again.  How funny will it be if such bold-action sniper rifle is released and people who never left their chairs for a whole weekend will complain about on forums, lol!

Oh god! I shall laugh. Be funny to see a sniper dethrone Lanka's charge damage rampage only because the few with Charged Chamber are 1 shotting the whole game.

Oh god! I shall laugh. Be funny to see a sniper dethrone Lanka's charge damage rampage only because the few with Charged Chamber are 1 shotting the whole game.

Actually there was a "sarcastic" thread saying that "Lanka needs a buff" by a guy, who spent a whole weekend getting Charged Chamber.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/81468-lanka-need-another-buff/

The Lanka is not a bolt action rifle, it's a magnetic acceleration coil rifle (or rail/gauss gun if you like). What do you think you're charging? A capacitor!

Anyway, a bolt action mechanism is less advanced than a semi-auto. A bolt action high precision rifle would be cheaper. IMO it should probably have a base of no more than 150 and a fast reload, but overall not much better than Vulkar. (though Vulkar is bad and should get a buff)

This is how Vulkar should be. Single shot high-precision and high-damage "bolt-action" sniper rifle. Not just a Snipertron\Vandaltron clone with crappy damage and long reload time.

Erm... Probably not. Soma is the Tenno version of the Gorgon. I'm fine with what the Vulkar is, a somewhat crappy Grineer Weapon. I just hope that the Tenno version will be much more awesome. Which it should be.

Rebbeca said that Charged Chamber isn't coming again.  How funny will it be if such bold-action sniper rifle is released and people who never left their chairs for a whole weekend will complain about on forums, lol!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/83159-so-i-guess-new-players-are-screwed-huh/#entry907842

I have a copy of Charged Chamber. But I think its Primed Chamber you are talking about. I hope they will re-release it soon along with the new sniper rifle.

If it is going to deal a lot more damage than semi-automatic snipers, I suggest it take equally amplified drawbacks.

-Absurdly zoomed aim. (See the nanites swimming in infested eyes.)

-God awful loading speed (If over 2x stronger than the Vulkar, then reload is at least 8.2 seconds)

-Forcibly knock you on your rear when fired while moving and not crouched. (The recoil doesn't care about your Iron Skin. You will be floored!)

-Deals Bullet damage (Too old to fire Kunainite rounds. It was a replica found in a museum ruin on Earth. The Boltala was reverse engineered into the Vulkar because only tenno scum would use a gun with such a tiny magazine.)

-Has the bullet speed of the Seer. (OK, I'm getting a little carried away.)

-Cannot Crit. At all. (Not a slot machine.)

Actually we shouldn't have even brought up damage since the Vulkar would be the semi-auto it competes with if it isn't rank locked past 5. 125 damage 1.5 fire rate and 4 second reload. Bleck. Just convert the Vulkar into bolt action with a like a 1.5 reload speed with serrated damage or something. 

Edited by DarkLizalfos

The game usually spawns a lot of basic enemies and one elite enemy. On higher levels even 1-2 basic enemies can pretty much kill you as long as you don't move or take cover. So what exactly is the point in having a slow single shot rifle? So that you can instakill that one heavy enemy while the huge mob of basic enemies tear you to pieces?

Basically the speed at you kill keeps you alive.. there's no point to sniper like that. Maybe on high lvl infested defense for anicents, but that's about it. Galatine has multi-hit that's what makes it useful, single target huge dmg is pretty much useless in this game.

If you don't know

what the difference is, this means that you have to reload your rifle after every shot (a "real" sniper).

A 'real' sniper? Sniper rifles deliver a precise shot over a long distance. The way the weapon works has nothing to do with it being real or not.

Also, try taking a bolt action sniper rifle with the reload every shot basis into an Endless Defence mission, or take it around the Grineer or Corpus ships where it's close quarters and you need to face multiple targets. That thing will not even stand up. hell, everyone has trouble toting the regular semi automatics, let alone taking that anywhere.