Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Talent System

Folren

Hi, I think players have got too low motivation to level up their rank if they have all weapons they needed. So I've got an idea to add a talents system into the game:
Every mastery rank u'll gain one talent point u can spend in the talents tree. To get to the main, secondary and melee weapon specs u need to train Warframe talents first. To get to the Forgotten skills u need to complete all specs.

To get talent from second tier u must choose one of the talents in first tier etc. In every line in every specialization u need to choose only one of the talents.

For me it's very difficult to choose talents in second and third tiers. The first tier is needed to make ur gameplay more comfortable for each player. BTW if u like my talent system: write ur specialization below) It's very interesting for me to know your possible build.

Warframe specialization tree:
First tier:
a) Additional Health points (+ 40%)
b) Additional Mana points (+ 40%)
c) Additional Armor (+ 10%)
Second tier:
a) +10% to running speed and +10% to recharge rate of stamina
b) +10% to resistance for all types of damage and +10% to slide speed
c) +10% to all your stats (HP, Mana, Armour) and +15% to stand-up after fall speed
Third tier:
a) Sentinel bonus: u'll get an ability to control ur sentinel: attack, fly and use abilities.
b) Vision bonus: u'll get special zoom to see enemies through the walls.
c) Regeneration bonus: u'll get a 200 health per 60 seconds. If u get any damage to your HP - ability will stop. 5 mins cooldown.

Main weapon specialization tree:
First tier:
a) Additional Grineer dmg
b) Additional Corpus dmg
c) Additional Infected dmg 
Second tier:
a) Accuracy bonus
b) Zoom bonus
c) Recharge rate bonus
Third tier:
a) Elemental spec: Additional Elemental dmg and increase Fire rate (to choose your elemental type locate needed elemental mod before other mods(or maybe at the right-down corner). 
b) Poison spec: Adds Poison dmg and increase recharge rate. Thorid, Ogris and other weapons causing explosions will create violet explosions(it will work for Thunderbolt mod too)
c) Stun spec: Adds 10% of stun to all enemies (except bosses) and chance to drop additional common resources.

Secondary weapon specialization tree:
First tier:
b) Additional Corpus dmg
Second tier:
a) Critical chance and critical damage bonus 
b) Multishot bonus
c) Ammo capacity bonus and increase amount of ammo in clips by 50%
Third tier:
a) Slow-down bullets: every enemy damaged by ur weapon will slow down by 20%
b) Stun bonus: when ur enemy will run our it's shields (or lost 1/3 of its health if it hasn't got any shields) is will be stunned for 3 seconds.
c) Knock down bonus: u have a small chance to knock down heavy enemies while u're attacking them.

Melee weapon specialization tree:
First tier:
b) Additional Corpus dmg
Second tier:
a) Glaive bonuses: additional damage and puncture bonus.
b) Heavy weapons bonuses: additional damage and critical damage.
c) All weapon bonuses: additional crit chance and slide damage.
Third tier:
a) Life-stealer bonus: now u'll gain health (maybe 2-3) and mana (1-2) points for every 2nd hit on ur opponent.
b) Shield-restorer: u'll recover 20% of ur shields after killing of the npc/player.
c) Ninja skills: increase charge attack speed by 30% and attack rate by 10%.

Forgotten skills specialization tree:
First tier:
a) U gain additional slot for Athletic mods. They don't cost anything to you.
Athletic mods are:
1) Acrobat
2) Handspring
3) Heavy Impact
4) Marathon
b) U can equip ur sentinel with additional special aura slot. But only with 0 rank. Aura works only for u and ur sentinel. Special auras are all auras which don't give additional damage to ur weapons or reduce stats of mobs.
c) U gain additional slot for Resistance mods. They don't cost anything to you.
Resistance mods are:
1) Antitoxin
2) Diamond Skin
3) Flame Repellent
4) Insulation
5) Lightning Rod
6) Warm Coat
Second tier:
a) U gain ability to stop set your Sentinel to defend in place where u have used ur ability. Lasts for 3 mins, then Sentinel will return to u.
b) U gain "Stealth" ability : u'll get an ability to become "noiseless": NPCs and players will not hear you and your weapons for 30 seconds. 4 mins cooldown. 
c) U gain ability to use your first ability for free. Don't work at PvP. 4 mins cooldown.
Third tier:
a) Additional mod slot for all of your primary weapons.
b) Additional mod slot for all of your secondary weapons.
c) Additional mod slot for all of your melee weapons.

To retrain talents u need to use a new Orokin System drivers (violet colored potato icon). U can buy it at shop. Or get from a special event or alert. U can also buy "Dual Talents specialization" for 500 platinum (the same system as in World of W....t)

P.S. Sorry for my english ^_^.

UPD 1 (09.10.2013):
Forgotten skills: all tiers rework.
Warframe spec: no more Lotus help.
// Some comments:
I think khimera is right about Lotus help and most of the Forgotten skills, so I done some rework... BTW Forgotten skills can be aquired only after ... 12 lvl of Mastery. Forgotten skills MUST be sweet for old players and... if we do them too sweet - we can add one more tiers to other branches. 
Looking for other guy to work on talents together. khimeras critique is good.

Edited by Folren

im all for making master levels worth something more than "oh hey, i can build another wep".

dont think this is exactly the way to go with it, but its nice to see people thinking.

that said... this:

Forgotten skills specialization tree:

First tier:
a) Gives 2(or maybe more?) platinum / day

nopenopenope.gif

also:

you think people are not motivated to get mastery?

mastery is just an extension of ones own epeen (for the most part).

lots of people rank up just to swing it around.

Edited by alchemistjkt

Uhm...it's a nice thought but do you know how BROKEN the Forgotten Skills Tree is? There is no reason for anyone to not use it, especially with the platinum a day thing. -folds arms and scowls- All the others are fairly good as a start but scrap the Forgotten Skills Tree as a whole. It's broken, game-breaking, and it makes it so people have less motivation to do much more than wait for days on end for platinum to get something they want. Similarly, it makes the purpose of some missions redundant or less engaging.

Enemies run to you at the start of an exterminate/clean up? Nope. Totally ruins it, basically turns whatever mission into survival sans the life support going out.

The knocked out thing is ridiculously redundant. We already get knocked down and playing a defense on your own even with an 'uber defense 'frame' for high waves is a bit silly. Some people can do it but it requires heavy modding and skills.

For Exterminate you meant ASSASSINATION than you very much, do not confuse the missions. Appearing near the boss room is only good for rushers and people who want to grind repeatedly while ignoring all other forms of play and combat in the mission.

Everything in the third tier of the forgotten skills gets my frustration too. We already have an aura slot, the other mods don't need to be reclassified.

Stealth Mode is unnecessary and makes the skill needed to be stealthy drop considerably.

No. No second secondary weapon. Unnecessary. Period.

The only thing I have a grievance for besides the above is the third tier of warframe bonuses. None of them would fit in the game at all. The Sentinel is not another thing for you to control, it's meant to be an autonomous ally/pet.  Seeing through walls with zoom would get very annoying very shortly I guarantee you. Finally...talking with the Lotus...not gonna happen. She especially will not deem it on herself to restore a single Tenno's health. She also doesn't need anymore lines that don't have a purpose in the game.

Okay, critique done.

-cut-

i prefer a talent tree for:

Endurance (+max % hp/shield/stuff)     ----------------------------------------------------------- can take more hits.

Resistances (+max % shield regen/ % to continue recovering when damaged) ---------- can recover and tank weaker shots.

Stealth (increase stealth-related game-play) -----------------------------------------------------improve stealth take-won

Strategist (+ ability' damage/ +x second to duration) -------------------------------------------lengthen ability usefulness area

Athletic mods are:

1) Acrobat
2) Handspring
3) Heavy Impact
4) Marathon
b) U can equip ur sentinel with additional special aura slot. But only with 0 rank. Aura works only for u and ur sentinel. Special auras are all auras which don't give additional damage to ur weapons or reduce stats of mobs.
c) U gain additional slot for Resistance mods. They don't cost anything to you.
Resistance mods are:
1) Antitoxin
2) Diamond Skin
3) Flame Repellent
4) Insulation
5) Lightning Rod
6) Warm Coat

926bd046003e.jpg

Greatest idea evar

This useless trash must have special slot

i prefer a talent tree for:

Endurance (+max % hp/shield/stuff)     ----------------------------------------------------------- can take more hits.

Resistances (+max % shield regen/ % to continue recovering when damaged) ---------- can recover and tank weaker shots.

Stealth (increase stealth-related game-play) -----------------------------------------------------improve stealth take-won

Strategist (+ ability' damage/ +x second to duration) -------------------------------------------lengthen ability usefulness area

Good ideas,i'll think about them.

926bd046003e.jpg

Greatest idea evar

This useless trash must have special slot

Thanks)