Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Mods, Rng, And Grinding. (Mod Related)

Froh

Hello there, I have more than 500 hours in the game, and I'm also rank 12. I started the game a little bit after the Update 8.

I like the new system where you can focus more on some ennemies to get the mod you want.

At the moment, I lack a few mods :

Sure Footed, that I've never seen despite farming Grineer Bombard a lot :p

Handspring, which should drop at 2.01% from Grineer Defenses T3 every 5 waves. So I'm just being a bit unlucky there with the RNG.
Retribution, which should drop from Shield Lancers.
Primed Chamber (event exclusive that I missed)
Berserk, Whirlwind, and Coolant Leak, which drops respectively from Orokin Ancient, Corrupted Heavy Gunner, and Orokin Shield Drone. And holy crap, don't worry that I chained void to have this Mag Prime systems.
And finally, the moa fusion's one : Self Destruct.

Can you please, increase the drop chance of your mods by a little bit. It's kinda hard to farm at the moment. And really not so enjoyable. I'm pretty sure a lot of others players have some hard time to get Quick Thinking, and some others more useful mods.

You have several options :
- Increase the rare mod drop from rarers mobs, so it drops every, let's say, 3 defenses or survival missions. I don't want it to become common, but seriously there's a difference between Rare and Mythical item.

- Increase passively the chance to drop a mod that you don't have.
- Give them as ranking rewards.
- Add them to the "non rewards" alerts. (don't dilute them in the normal rewards)
- Gives them as a reward from Spy/Capture missions so it's at least become a little bit interesting rewarding to play thoses missions over Survival / Defenses / Mobile Def.
- Fix the Transmute system so you can focus far more the mod you want to get. (or decrease the cost by a lot)
=> Or EXPLAIN IT if you can already focus something besides the rarity.

It also could be great to use the Transmute system to directly get the mod you want by sacrificing a number of mods. (or have an option to get a "missing mod"). It could cost a lot, but at least you know what you will have and don't depends purely on luck.

Edited by Froh

I almost need the exact same mods you need. Just got Sure Footed, Retribution and Quick Thinking from transmuting rares, so never give up trying this. I got a few handspring mods, one through transmuting aswell. The only thing that makes transmuting difficult for me now is that I ran out of credits... I got 20 or 30k atm, doing every alert that pops up... T3 credit nerf punched my wallet quite hard.

RNG is not a problem indeed (it's a part of the genre and make thing a little more exciting than "Still 20 voids tokens to farm and I'm all set"). The problem is the rates that are too commons or too low.

A fined tuned RNG should solve the problem.

Edited by Froh

RNG is not a problem indeed (it's a part of the genre and make thing a little more exciting than "Still 20 voids tokens to farm and I'm all set"). The problem is the rates that are too commons or too low.

A fined tuned RNG should solve the problem.

If it is plain and simple RNG then I *think* it may be ok... but RNG in this game is apparently .. far from it.

I have tons of rare mods of all kinds but no whirlwind...

I met 2-3 guys who have a dozen whirlwind but never saw Quick Thinking...

Then I met few guys who havent seen Flow or Focus....

And all of them I am talking about range from rank 7 to rank 12. YES a rank 12 who hasnt seen a single Fired Up. I am assuming, they all have farmed the correct place for the mod(s) they are searching for, since the place/mob they told me is same what I saw on wiki or drop tables posted on reddit etc.

I mean really. Assuming those rare mods have like 2% drop chance from whatever they drop, can you imagine a probability of having never seen that particular mod after multiple dozens of runs/kills. And then whats the probability of meeting such a person every alternate day ??

Edited by rksk16it