Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partner Thumbnails and Spoiler on Warframe Site

8faiNt

If you didnt know already, Warframe has a page about partners Link. You can access this page easily by just clicking on the '' PARTNER '' button on the forum. You cant really miss, It's huge. 

No problem so far but that page includes videos from warframe partners and some of them, obviously, aren't aware of this but they are giving spoilers. Now I know few of my friends were avoiding Youtube and Youtube Partners already but how can you even avoid this? It's literally on Warframe.com, It's literally the least expected place that you would learn the story and spoil things for yourself.

Spoiler

zWmBbPq.png

I think that DE should blur those thumbnails so the people who just started the game can enjoy their story without any spoilers. like I said in the beginning, It is really easy to access those videos.

Edited by 8faiNt

1 minute ago, 8faiNt said:

I think that DE should blur those thumbnails so the people who just started the game can enjoy their story without any spoilers. like I said in the beginning, It is really easy to access those videos.

Does DE manually pick every single video that goes in there? If not, you have unrealistic expectations. Why not just not have them there at all?

• Based on that thumbnail, I wouldn't know what was being shown without watching the video. So the issue is only if someone watches it. And people could find this in many other places, so how much does it really matter? 

Partners could also just put a spoiler tag on their thumbnails.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, krc473 said:

you have unrealistic expectations

so warframe partners should keep giving spoilers on Warframe.com Got it..
This is a pretty big problem regarding the player experience. It's not some petty bug fix post. It should be taken seriously.

Based on that thumbnail, I wouldn't know what was being shown without watching the video. So the issue is only if someone watches it.

Spoiler
You REAAAAALLLYYY don't need to be a wizard to see that is Lotus. First of all, there's literally 1 ''ONE'' main female character in the story.
also, how can you even miss that decollete?
That thumbnail is a clear hint that, in the story, there's a twist about Lotus.

Does DE manually pick every single video that goes in there?

I would assume not

Edited by 8faiNt

1 hour ago, 8faiNt said:

so warframe partners should keep giving spoilers on Warframe.com Got it..

You need to read the whole statement, not pick it into pieces. If DE does not manage it, how can they be expected to blur the thumbnails with spoilers? Why shouldn't it be up to the partners to do that? If they want to be promoted there it should be their responsibility to limit the spoilers they share. Failure to comply should mean that they cannot be promoted in that location. Pretty simple really.

1 hour ago, 8faiNt said:

That thumbnail is a clear hint

Show it to a new player, see if they can tell you what is going on there. My bet is that they cannot. You are looking at it with the perspective of knowing what it is. Someone that has no idea could see it as anything. Maybe we converted one of those 'big sentient guys' to our team? Ask some new people, see what they think it is. 

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Show it to a new player, see if they can tell you what is going on there. My bet is that they cannot. You are looking at it with the perspective of knowing what it is. Someone that has no idea could see it as anything. Maybe we converted one of those 'big sentient guys' to our team? Ask some new people, see what they think it is. 

Spoiler

If they know about the Lotus, they will understand that there's a twist. I know what you are trying to say but I am not saying that there's a twist considering the knowledge I have about the story, so I am pretty objective.

Edited by 8faiNt

Just now, krc473 said:

Does DE manually pick every single video that goes in there? Partners could also just put a spoiler tag on their thumbnails.

Just now, 8faiNt said:

I would assume not

DE annually asks partners to choose a video that they have created to have it featured on the community page. The video is supposed to be an example of what viewers are likely to find on their channel if they decided to explore it. There are no limitations communicated to us at the time, and I don't know if DE actually watches what we send before they add it to the website, though I imagine they probably have at least a vague idea of what is being submitted.

Partners have no power on the website. It seems odd that DE would allow such thumbnails, but if they didn't want a video to be visible here, it wouldn't be.

• Like 1