Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status chance for shotguns.... I’m still confused

Drk_Pr1nc

Question

I have heard lots about shotgun status effects, but most consistently these three: the status chance shown is the status from the entire shot not individual pellets, if you reach 100% status then the proc is 100% per pellet, and if you have  multiple status effects only one can occur at a time.

Why is 100% status chance so much better than 99% or is this info incorrect?

Why bother with multiple status effects on a weapon at the same time if only one can activate? And is there a chance that impact, puncture and slash will proc instead of any status?

i am rlly confused, pls help.

5 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Drk_Pr1nc said:

So each pellet uses the same proc rolling system as before? As in highest damage has the highest chance of occurance? Is there any use in having multiple status effects?

You can use something like viral and heat, in 1 round you could proc both elements if you got pellet count and high status. I believe before only 1 status type was proc each shot.

1 minute ago, Jokie155 said:

That's how previous shotgun status worked, and it has finally been removed from the game.

Shotgun status is now per pellet, and each rolls to proc its own status effect.

So each pellet uses the same proc rolling system as before? As in highest damage has the highest chance of occurance? Is there any use in having multiple status effects?

You have the old info, they changed this just recently.
Now you see the status per pellet only.
That means - more pellets = more chances to proc one or multiple elements in one shot.
The only weapon that has no stats for this is the redeemer/prime, the status chance is for the blade only currently.

1 hour ago, Drk_Pr1nc said:

Why is 100% status chance so much better than 99% or is this info incorrect?

This is the old proc system and it was broken and that's why they changed it.

1 hour ago, Drk_Pr1nc said:

Why bother with multiple status effects

status effects now stacks up to 10x (additional effects vary). Also, if you have higher than 100% status chance, you have higher chance to proc other status chance per bullet. (eg. procing both viral and slash with one bullet)