Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(NSW)Riophilip

AFK = Extract

Recommended Posts

On defense missions, when given the choice to extract or keep fighting, if there is no input the game will make the person keep fighting, even if their entire squad leaves. The problem with this is that, for Hydron situations, I'll be there with an unranked weapon, have to leave because my dog is hacking or i left the microwave on or something like that, then come back to a solo mission, with five waves to go, high level enemies as this is waves 10-15 usually, with an unranked weapon. I can't win, so I have to abort, resulting in a loss of all bonus xp. Can it be made to, if no input is given, the player extracts please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

my dog is hacking

Hacking is bad and your dog shouldn't be doing it.

 

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

i left the microwave


Also, don't go into a mission if you have something cooking. And as for your microwave, you can leave things there with no issues. 

Another thing. You should be easily able to judge whether or not you have enough time to do stuff before your allies gets to extraction. If you really need to get up, talk to the other players and maybe they will be kind enough to wait (sucks if they don't)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

Can it be made to, if no input is given, the player extracts

This is actually a good idea. It never bothered me tbh but now that I think about it it makes more sense if it would work like you said ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, suchamess said:

This is actually a good idea. It never bothered me tbh but now that I think about it it makes more sense if it would work like you said ☺️

That is not a good idea. The current way is a good punishment for people who go afk, it makes it so you have to be there physically to extract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

On defense missions, when given the choice to extract or keep fighting, if there is no input the game will make the person keep fighting, even if their entire squad leaves. The problem with this is that, for Hydron situations, I'll be there with an unranked weapon, have to leave because my dog is hacking or i left the microwave on or something like that, then come back to a solo mission, with five waves to go, high level enemies as this is waves 10-15 usually, with an unranked weapon. I can't win, so I have to abort, resulting in a loss of all bonus xp. Can it be made to, if no input is given, the player extracts please?

sorry but thats not how it was designed as no imput is default to stay, if no imput is put in 2 times player is extracted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about AFK = option for vote-kick. This is because if you play with a friend and that said friend needs to do stuff until past the AFK timer you can give confirmation that it's fine to stay.

Also, I think this method will be useful in public match as well since the vote-kick option will only shows up when a player has triggered the AFK flag. That way you can review whether said player is intentionally AFK or not. Probably an effective way to reduce "leecher" in this game.

Edit:

I think I missed the point from the OP. My bad.

I agree with the suggestion OP offered. No input in extraction options = forced extraction. Sounds like a good idea for OP's case. But then how about the players AFK in other missions which have no "Battle or Extract" option? My response above relates to missions in general, not just about defense mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

good punishment

How is it a punishment ? so you are telling me that if someone is AFK to leech in a defense mission for more than one roud they somehow get punished?

Oh you mean the squad mates get punished being forced to stay with someone who is away 😄 I get it now 😉 

I would take it even further and force extract people who are AFK... 

The OP is not about being afk tho, It's about random life things that might happen close to extraction and require your attention at that moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, (NSW)KentInkOVanheim said:

Hacking is bad and your dog shouldn't be doing it.

 


Also, don't go into a mission if you have something cooking. And as for your microwave, you can leave things there with no issues. 

Another thing. You should be easily able to judge whether or not you have enough time to do stuff before your allies gets to extraction. If you really need to get up, talk to the other players and maybe they will be kind enough to wait (sucks if they don't)

just to clarify, the microwave example was a general statement and a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Deus-Ex-Vesania said:

Are you... Are you complaining that you get punished for being AFK?

Not sure if troll or serious

No, what I'm saying is, I play through the whole thing, go downstairs for a moment, come back up and voila - solo, with five waves to go and a garbage weapon. I have to extract, and lose out on that sweet sweet bonus exp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alvengerz said:

How about AFK = option for vote-kick. This is because if you play with a friend and that said friend needs to do stuff until past the AFK timer you can give confirmation that it's fine to stay.

Also, I think this method will be useful in public match as well since the vote-kick option will only shows up when a player has triggered the AFK flag. That way you can review whether said player is intentionally AFK or not. Probably an effective way to reduce "leecher" in this game.

Edit:

I think I missed the point from the OP. My bad.

I agree with the suggestion OP offered. No input in extraction options = forced extraction. Sounds like a good idea for OP's case. But then how about the players AFK in other missions which have no "Battle or Extract" option? My response above relates to missions in general, not just about defense mission.

by afk = extract, we would be forcing leeches out early, and keeping genuine players safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

by afk = extract, we would be forcing leeches out early, and keeping genuine players safe

Yes. I get what you mean and I think it's a good idea in your case. but how would it solve the problem about players being intentionally AFK in the game and not contributing anything to the team?

Forced extraction can be applied to a player who is in AFK state until the extraction mark(5 waves, 10 waves, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc), right? But leechers will easly trick the AFK flag by cancelling it in the moment the mission is about to end and get all the loot and exp without any effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, suchamess said:

How is it a punishment ? so you are telling me that if someone is AFK to leech in a defense mission for more than one roud they somehow get punished?

Oh you mean the squad mates get punished being forced to stay with someone who is away 😄 I get it now 😉 

I would take it even further and force extract people who are AFK... 

The OP is not about being afk tho, It's about random life things that might happen close to extraction and require your attention at that moment. 

Yes, they get punished being afk by not getting to extract with everyone else if we choose to leave, so they get to stay and lose out on the whole mission when it fails because they decided to not actually play the game. Random life things can easily be ignored for those precious few seconds it takes to hit the extract or stay buttons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alvengerz said:

Yes. I get what you mean and I think it's a good idea in your case. but how would it solve the problem about players being intentionally AFK in the game and not contributing anything to the team?

Forced extraction can be applied to a player who is in AFK state until the extraction mark(5 waves, 10 waves, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc), right? But leechers will easly trick the AFK flag by cancelling it in the moment the mission is about to end and get all the loot and exp without any effort.

Assuming that AFK player is not at the screen, actively waiting to press battle, we could force them out early, at wave 5 or 10, as they put in no input. The game already decreases your exp bonus if you are AFK too much, I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Yes, they get punished being afk by not getting to extract with everyone else if we choose to leave, so they get to stay and lose out on the whole mission when it fails because they decided to not actually play the game. Random life things can easily be ignored for those precious few seconds it takes to hit the extract or stay buttons.

I mean, I'll leave right before the extraction shows up, or on wave 14, then come back to see myself on 16. Of course, we'd just hit the button and then go, but this is for when you've already left. I'm sure there is some kid out there who had to leave at 14 because his mother called him to help with groceries! We'd be preventing a genuine player from losing his rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd suggest SO (non-elite ESO).
Enemies are lower level, but there's plenty more of them. Also, the gamemode practically rewards you only after you fail. This means: you get to fail and keep all the XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-03-19 at 8:22 PM, (NSW)Riophilip said:

by afk = extract, we would be forcing leeches out early, and keeping genuine players safe.

In most situations I'd rather have a leech than -1 player, since the number of players present in the mission drastically affects the spawn rate and quantity of the enemies.

You go AFK on Helene? What do I care, I can still kill everything easily and I don't miss out on 30k+ affinity. You go AFK in survival? Don't really care either, more enemies never bothered me, in fact I've been telling DE to increase survival spawns for years, plus more enemies start converging on one spot instead in 2+ different directions, that means higher kill/spawn efficiency.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...