Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rush is broken - Shield Drones impervious to damage.

(NSW)TOTMpole

So I've been trying to do the Rush on Kepler - Phobos 5 times now and I can, without a shadow of doubt, say that something is clearly not functioning. I've been trying to get up close and personal with the drones to melee them, focus fire for at least half a minute on a single one, spam missiles and the result has been the same, each time - Nothing happens, not even a single tick of damage.

Can anyone else confirm whether this is a global glitch?

• Like 2

Can confirm cant hit or damage the drones and they seem to have these weird large orbits its very hard to figure out which transport they belong to. The beams dont seem to point to a transport buy into their general vicinity.

clearing my map and Kepler was always such a huge difficulty spike/PITA mission. I feel like they should just remove the orbiters...

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta

It is inaccurate to claim they can't be hit or killed.  I have completed this mission after the update.  The problem is that the hitboxes have been severely shrunk and are somewhere around 1 pixel in size.  Not only do you have to lead them with an Imperator, but you have to hit the EXACT spot where they take damage.  It may also be possible that the hitbox is not centered either.  I did notice that when they were stationary while changing direction that shooting them dead center did no damage.

Also, as I mentioned in another post, the beams are only improperly aimed when you're the squad host.

Edited by (NSW)draugath

Same here, I don't know how others are having any luck with this, but I've tried using Repel twice on them and no luck. I tried meleeing like a mad man, still no luck; I've done this mission 10 times now, I don't think I can keep this up, the mission was already annoying as is, this is just torture.

Fluctus is also a viable weapon for killing the shield drones.  I ran the mission with it and was able to kill 5 of 6 drones.  Larkspur should also be able to hit them.   Also any AOE weapons will likely be effective.   Itzal has been proven to be effective, and I would similarly assume Elytron would be the same.

On 2020-03-24 at 4:17 PM, (NSW)draugath said:

Fluctus is also a viable weapon for killing the shield drones.  I ran the mission with it and was able to kill 5 of 6 drones.  Larkspur should also be able to hit them.   Also any AOE weapons will likely be effective.   Itzal has been proven to be effective, and I would similarly assume Elytron would be the same.

I shouldn't have to invest the excessive amount of time needed to get the gear for this. As ineffective as Imperator is, it shouldn't be a factor as to whether or not I'm able to complete a mission, so early in the Archwing missions, due to a shoddy hitbox. Either way, I hope DE and PB looks into it and fix it.

Edited by (NSW)TOTMpole

• 2 weeks later...