Signs

Spoiler: no one plays Warframe to play pvp or rocket league

4 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I'll say it again...Rip out conclave and all the other micro slivers from the pie-chart and give PVP assets and a UI similar to Halo Forge World

"Make Conclave into Halo"
Almost all of your posts in this subforum are about turning Conclave into halo. Why is that?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Almost all of your posts in this subforum are about turning Conclave into halo. Why is that?

maybe he should just go play halo 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

FWIW I do like the idea of being able to design our own maps and modes and stuff...

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Simply because Halo's Forge and its UI system is the easiest to explain the concept of a interface for the community to input designated locations for spawns, events, and conditions to effect the match since most PVP players have played Halo in some capacity from 2001 and up...

Also the Dojo's decoration mode is very similar to it and works on the same concept, only you would be able to say drop a wall here at this time during the match to change the flow or say adjust speeds of players or gravity giving rise to many forms of differing matches...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

On 2020-03-19 at 11:31 AM, Signs said:

Don't @ me

tl;dr put the cosmetics somewhere else or give us some syndicate missions for conclaive so I don't have to wait an hour to match up with someone. I don't even mind playing except I can't play half of the time because no one actually plays

On 2020-03-19 at 11:35 AM, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

just get rid of it.

Lobbies are always empty on ps4 plus it's broken and boring as hell.

On 2020-03-19 at 11:56 AM, Gabbynaru said:

Because you can still play those by yourself. You can't do PvP without others.

+1 for Conclave removal.

On 2020-03-19 at 12:37 PM, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

+2

Reasonable person: "PvP should exist for those who like it. It shouldn't be the main focus of the game, but successful games cater to as many different player types as possible. Since I like warframe a lot and want it to exist for a long time, I support PvP even though I don't enjoy it myself. I understand that a healthy PvP system is a sign of a healthy game, and that the current difficulty in finding matches is obviously a result of neglect of the game-mode, resulting in huge exploits the make the entire community play in private matches."

Small child without object permanence: "Anything I don't like should be removed from the game. I am the arbiter of all truth and anybody with a different opinion is simply wrong."

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Small child without object permanence: "Anything I don't like should be removed from the game.

Just for what it's worth, the concept of object permanence is the realization that anything that is out of their current perception still exists. One without such  wouldn't ask for the removal of conclave, as they would not realize it exists if they weren't currently interacting with it.

Also there are perfectly logical reasons to potentially support removal over leaving it in, essentially if leaving it in requires a significant amount of development resources that could be spent devoted to projects that would benefit more people, and the game itself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is necessarily the case, I have no proof of such, I'm just saying, that this stance is not necessarily an unreasonable position.

Though as to whether Warframe would be any "healthier" as a whole if a great deal more of dev time had been spent on our PVP systems as you imply, statistically, I find this extremely hard to believe.

Edited by Sylonus

2 hours ago, Sylonus said:

Just for what it's worth, the concept of object permanence is the realization that anything that is out of their current perception still exists. One without such  wouldn't ask for the removal of conclave, as they would not realize it exists if they weren't currently interacting with it.

Also there are perfectly logical reasons to potentially support removal over leaving it in, essentially if leaving it in requires a significant amount of development resources that could be spent devoted to projects that would benefit more people, and the game itself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is necessarily the case, I have no proof of such, I'm just saying, that this stance is not necessarily an unreasonable position.

Though as to whether Warframe would be any "healthier" as a whole if a great deal more of dev time had been spent on our PVP systems as you imply, statistically, I find this extremely hard to believe.

Good point! Object permanence was the wrong analogy to use 😉

I agree, if PvP required a huge amount of dev time then it wouldn't be worth it. But it doesn't require a huge amount, it just requires a bare minimum.

As an example: the recent mainline added shield gating to the game, which snuck into conclave with no balance pass whatsoever. They promptly fixed this sneaked shield gating problem by removing it … in happy zephyr. I think it's not unreasonable to ask for conclave to get as much attention as happy zephyr. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Good point! Object permanence was the wrong analogy to use 😉

I agree, if PvP required a huge amount of dev time then it wouldn't be worth it. But it doesn't require a huge amount, it just requires a bare minimum.

As an example: the recent mainline added shield gating to the game, which snuck into conclave with no balance pass whatsoever. They promptly fixed this sneaked shield gating problem by removing it … in happy zephyr. I think it's not unreasonable to ask for conclave to get as much attention as happy zephyr. 

its currently getting less than that which is causing these issues where people dont like the mode in the first place. if the conclave dev team (yes there was one before plains of eidolon) actually came back and started balancing the mode we wouldn't have these current issues persisting plus a more active player base even though thats not an issue on ps4 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sylonus said:

Also there are perfectly logical reasons to potentially support removal over leaving it in, essentially if leaving it in requires a significant amount of development resources that could be spent devoted to projects that would benefit more people, and the game itself.

And what, pray tell, development resources is Conclave receiving?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

It got like, 1 update recently! Imagine all the effort it must've taken to remove bramma from conclave.

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

As I said in my post, I'm not sure how much it's receiving, but as a coder, I realize it's also potentially far more than someone on the outside might expect, just to maintain a thing and keep it playable, even if it's not improved and even minor to moderate issues not being fixed, though I have no idea if it is the case in this instance, but neither do you.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sylonus said:

I realize it's also potentially far more than someone on the outside might expect, just to maintain a thing and keep it playable

You think Conclave is even playable? Devs don't update it....

DE only has 1-2 guys working on it. To add, they're only permitted to work on it during their spare time (which is none) and unpaid (They deserve a god bless)

In the case of adding a new weapon, it's a simply copy paste, enter multiplier value, adjust value later because it's broken af. Pretty much how it is.

Edited by -BG-StormFighter117
Im dumb and cant spell. Ez
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Sylonus said:

As I said in my post, I'm not sure how much it's receiving, but as a coder, I realize it's also potentially far more than someone on the outside might expect, just to maintain a thing and keep it playable, even if it's not improved and even minor to moderate issues not being fixed, though I have no idea if it is the case in this instance, but neither do you.

You make good points in principle. However, they simply don't apply to this situation. Some of the code behind conclave has been shared with players. Simple example is weapons in conclave have a couple extra lines of code. One that says something like "AllowInPvp = 1" (I don't remember the exact syntax, others will know) Where 1 means it's enabled for conclave and 0 means it's not. Similarly, attacks have a multiplier based on their PvE damage.

In October, melee 3.0 came out which included a gigantic spike in the multiplier to slide damage on dual swords. The coding fix was extremely simple, take the "SlideDamageMultiplier = 999" and bring it back down to the same level as the other weapons. The devs were made aware of this problem due to a huge influx of forum posts here, and the fix would have taken less than 5 minutes (just editing the number for the dual sword weapons). Do you want to guess how long this 5 minute fix took? It took 5 months.

So, when it comes to warframe's PvP, we do know how much time it takes to maintain conclave. It's extremely small. 

Another example is the one I brought up earlier. Shield gating was added to the game and then removed from happy zephyr within what? a week? Obviously happy zephyr is not a large part of the game, but yet they were able to spare however long it took to fix it (I'm guessing the time required was again minimal.)

I really don't think the conclave community is asking for a lot here.

• Like 4

On 2020-03-27 at 1:28 AM, Sylonus said:

I'm not sure how much it's receiving

It is receiving a truly minimal amount of support. All it would take is changing a flag that says "EnabledInPvP:True" and changing some modifiers. The issues that affect Conclave come out of dev negligence and not any issues that are inherent with the mode. It is a truly unique situation. 

On 2020-03-27 at 1:28 AM, Sylonus said:

neither do you.

Yes, we do. We have played it for years, we have seen the stats and code for many things in Conclave with our dedicated servers. We know a great deal about the situation but we also know that it is not in our hands to fix it. It is like a mother seeing her child undergo surgery and knowing there is nothing she can do to save the child. But instead of saving the child, the doctor just leaves him cut open on the operating table for years.