Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crash, Hildryn, Balefire, POE

(NSW)Kadet

I'm not sure of the cause yet, so I'll be as detailed as possible.

Just got Hildryn. Decided to do a mid-level bounty on Plains of Eidolon to try her out. Set to invite-only, played alone. Fun times. Success.

I was standing around after the bounty with Balefire still active.  Decided to check out the second ability I had just unlocked.  Brought up the menu, hit Abilities, and the game crashed.

At that point I quit for the night. Tonight I'll see if I can reproduce it before earning any rewards.

Yes!!! You just made my week. This has been our biggest crash since roughly 3 patches ago, and yet we couldn't find a single repro in-house. As soon as our team saw your post they came up with a solid repro and I was able to get a fix in. Thanks for the steps!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [DE]JoshB said:

Yes!!! You just made my week. This has been our biggest crash since roughly 3 patches ago, and yet we couldn't find a single repro in-house. As soon as our team saw your post they came up with a solid repro and I was able to get a fix in. Thanks for the steps!

Nice!  Glad it was helpful.

I'm always interested in hearing the technical details, if you're up for sharing.

It was a failed alloc in texture land. This happens a lot and normally doesn't matter since we can get away with textures not loading in, being delayed, not upgrading mips, etc.  but in this particular case the ability videos go down a separate path which evidently didn't handle failed allocs gracefully. We'd get far enough that the crashes made it *look* like it succeeded, which ended up being horribly misleading 😛  That codepath just needed some polish to handle the failed alloc and try loading it (the video) again a few frames later

• Like 1