Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Grind Was... Not Hard?

Sciencell

I have seen so many horror stories about the Gara grind, but as a frame that I really wanted pretty early on, I decided to give it a try. For reference I'm only MR 3 with a mastery ranked excal and on Phobos on the star chart. I got neuroptics on the first try, chassis on the second try, and then systems took me about 6 tries but it ended up dropping two. As far as components for the blueprints go, it took me less than 5 hours to get everything and get the foundry going. Did I just get insanely lucky?

Edited by Sciencell
Title
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zekkii said:

I would say your luck is pretty average, she's just not that hard to get.

That's definitely how I felt about it. Then I saw posts on here for ppl repeating bounty missions 300 (!!!!) times and still not getting drops. Sounds insane

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

A friend got Gara AND Revenant in one go, it is RNG after all, there is no hard, just luck.

Grind can still be annoying and long if luck is against you.

Try farm Ivara or Khora.

I've heard ivara is extremely tedious. She definitely is on my list though. Just need to keep pushing through the star chart! 

You've had good luck. Anybody doing over 25 runs has awful luck.

I remember how I did over 60 Void T4 Survival runs, most of them to 40 minutes because I wanted Loki Prime Neuroptics (C-rotation, every 20min) but finally a friend of mine traded his because he couldn't watch me struggle.

1 hour ago, Tulipunahapero said:

You've had good luck. Anybody doing over 25 runs has awful luck.

I remember how I did over 60 Void T4 Survival runs, most of them to 40 minutes because I wanted Loki Prime Neuroptics (C-rotation, every 20min) but finally a friend of mine traded his because he couldn't watch me struggle.

Oh god, I still have nightmares about Saryn Prime helm... Part of why I have such a deep-seated dislike toward mobile defense. Rot C drops in T4 survival were bad, yeah, but at least you were doing something semi-engaging. Eight straight hours of T1 mobile defense made me want to blow my brains out.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir
derp

46 minutes ago, Sciencell said:

That's definitely how I felt about it. Then I saw posts on here for ppl repeating bounty missions 300 (!!!!) times and still not getting drops. Sounds insane

Khora grind was way worse for me. Depends on which item rng decides to screw you over. Some people get Harrow pretty damn fast but get ages to farm Ivara. 

You're pretty close to the median as far as number of missions.  The expected average is about 10.

1 hour ago, Sciencell said:

Those people were doing something wrong.

1 hour ago, Sciencell said:

I've heard ivara is extremely tedious. She definitely is on my list though. Just need to keep pushing through the star chart! 

While Gara is maybe at the bottom of the top ten in terms of grind time, Ivara is in a solid second place with an expected average of around 50 spy missions.  I actually enjoy Spy a lot, possibly because the Ivara grind forced me to git gud.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sciencell said:

learn the vaults first, mainly so that your spy missions will go faster, you also get way more affinity for being undetected. you'll also be 1-up on players who don't know the vault,s and believe me, there's a LOT of experienced players who still mess up on at least one of the Spy Vaults (sure, you can waltz through with Limbo or Ivara, but it's still not a substitute for knowing the layouts.)

Gara isn't too bad, but Harrow, Nidus and Khora might be able to make you wince in terror...unless you get lucky on those too, because that's all it is: pure luck.

Speaking of the Ivara farm...

I was levelling a weapon in T3 Spy yesterday cos I'm so bored of ESO/Hydron. I thought "a few people I've traded with have been asking me recently if I have copies Scorch/Thermite Rounds, so I can level this gun and maybe get a few mods to sell for a bit of plat while I'm at it". I finished my runs with something like six copies each of Ivara blueprints and neuroptics. Ofc when I was originally farming Ivara I got so many copies of those mods I could've sold them all and just bought Ivara.

I think the spaghetti code has become sentient.