Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't mind impact procs priming enemies for mercy...

Mephane

... but could you please disable the auto-mercy on quick melee attacks, DE? It is really annoying hacking through a bunch of enemies with an impact-heavy melee weapon and suddenly being locked in the mercy animation while their 10 friends around me are hitting me and the enemy that I am mercying would have been killed much faster just by the next swing of my weapon anyway.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mephane said:

... but could you please disable the auto-mercy on quick melee attacks, DE? It is really annoying hacking through a bunch of enemies with an impact-heavy melee weapon and suddenly being locked in the mercy animation while their 10 friends around me are hitting me and the enemy that I am mercying would have been killed much faster just by the next swing of my weapon anyway.

Quick melee attacks causes auto mercy?

Do you have "use" binded to "E" or something? I never mercy-ed anything be just spamming E. Mercy killing has required X for me to do. Using default mappings.

2 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Quick melee attacks causes auto mercy?

Do you have "use" binded to "E" or something? I never mercy-ed anything be just spamming E. Mercy killing has required X for me to do. Using default mappings.

It might be finisher and not mercy, but that doesn't matter for the problem at hand.

That said, I did rebind my keys, like this:

Ae6eokO.png

So I am mashing that mouse thumb button when doing melee and still sometimes an enemy is into that state where you can apply mercy or finisher and it does trigger on melee attacks.

1 minute ago, Mephane said:

It might be finisher and not mercy, but that doesn't matter for the problem at hand.

That said, I did rebind my keys, like this:

Ae6eokO.png

So I am mashing that mouse thumb button when doing melee and still sometimes an enemy is into that state where you can apply mercy or finisher and it does trigger on melee attacks.

I guess that could be causing your issue. I think the game might be treating melee attack and use as the same button internally. In which case this should be a bug.

By default, E is melee attacks and X is use. Finishers have been rebinded to X ever since the melee update, preventing any "accidental" finishers caused by impact procs. (This was something players would notice in Index round 3).

8 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

I guess that could be causing your issue. I think the game might be treating melee attack and use as the same button internally. In which case this should be a bug.

By default, E is melee attacks and X is use. Finishers have been rebinded to X ever since the melee update, preventing any "accidental" finishers caused by impact procs. (This was something players would notice in Index round 3).

Can confirm on my end, no unintended mercies since im bound to X. I do howver want what OP is having lol. I need those finisher to look badass lol.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

If your use button is E, then of course melee attacks are going to cause finishers. The default for them is X.

You missed the part where he's mashing his mouse button for melee attacks, not e.

Seems like a bug. I have the default keys and no auto-mercy.

Edited by schilds

As far as I'm aware, actual animated Mercy kills have quasi-invulnerability, so they're safe to do in most situations. However I'm not sure about the ones on regular enemies, because I've literally never had the cause to use them, and they've never auto-triggered for me with my melee still on defaults (E for attack, X for use/mercy).

Probably a bug you're getting my friend, I've not read anything about auto-mercy during light attacks in any of the patch notes (and I read them to give the relevant points to a content creator for discussions).