Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 3!

SilverBones

On 2020-03-20 at 1:20 PM, Wyvern_WX-0-1 said:

Those impact changes do not help impact at all. I do not think it either effective or desirable to go around finisher-ing every enemy. Not to mention it is still just a chance after a health threshold. I do not understand how that is very different.

Agreed.

I've been forcibly trying to get some benefit out of the change to IMPACT, but I just don't see it. If it does work it slows combat down and, at higher levels, leaves you open at the start and end of the finisher (lag/netcode inconsistency).

IMHO, i don't care if status works on Liches or other bosses. I doubt we'll be able to do a finisher on an Eidolon, so why not just make it stagger and ragdoll all the Mobs we have to deal with the bulk of the time?

A heavy gunner can knock me down to their heart's content, and ancients and scorpions can grab me with a rip cord out of almost anything unless it's dead center on my melee guard angle. The game is built around these odd physics and constant displacement of player and enemy footing, why change?

On 2020-03-20 at 1:21 PM, Duality52 said:

Better than consistently knocking the enemy down, and even ragdolling. Hydroid's Tempest Barrage made this more apparent.

But at least knockdowns and ragdolls temporarily remove slightly more threatening enemy units or small groups from combat so they can get hit by a teammate, your abilities, or some other follow damage without causing this odd pause in combat for just the Tenno + one enemy.

1 hour ago, (PS4)TheRallykiller said:

But at least knockdowns and ragdolls temporarily remove slightly more threatening enemy units or small groups from combat so they can get hit by a teammate, your abilities, or some other follow damage without causing this odd pause in combat for just the Tenno + one enemy.

Staggers are okay, but knockdowns and ragdolling hampers our abilities and especially weapons with largely Impact damage to kill enemies.

second comment

First, god damnit, please take off the weird white filter you apply on the screen when entering the zone of a condrix, it's useless. and seriously hurt the eye.

second, primary kitguns and modular archwing were advertised for this update. where are they? not even a single word on them 😕

On 2020-03-20 at 7:09 PM, [DE]Bear said:

2. Gas Damage:

After doing extensive testing, it is still neutered when compared to other procs, primarily due to its very bad interaction with resistances and plateauing at 10 procs.

It's biggest issue is that past 10 proc stacks, it doesnt continue increasing its damage output, which the other 2 closely comparable statuses- toxin and slash, still do. That makes the gas contribution to a general damage output incredibly weak, especially on fast firing status inclined weapons, because they dont contribute to any noticeable damage, compared to their potential damage output via status. In contrast to gas, toxin and slash do much higher point damage due to this.

Looking at other statuses:

For magnetic and viral, they multiply the point damage output when applied, and are thus always increasing the potential damage
For radition and blast, those are still working as a consistent crowd control tool
For cold, impact, and puncture, those are being consistent point target control
For heat and corrosive, they still exist in a sweet spot of weakening armour

So, the only comparable/parallel status proc is electric,

Which offers a point target control option with its shocks, and its AoE ticks arent seriously weakened by the resistances present in the majority of factions

My suggestion would be to enable gas damage not plateauing at 10 proc stacks, but creating a second gas cloud after the 10th status proc, which would make up for its lack of effect, due to it being sorta a sister-status to electric, which provides point target control; and making the gas ticks be 2/3 of the gas damage, if not the same to the initial gas damage, to make it comparable to the damage output toxin and slash have (maybe full damage to the enemy that gets the proc, and the cloud doing 2/3).

As for distributing the proc among many enemies- it is still dealing with the lackluster damage output, especially when accounting that electric becomes a versatile crowd control tool.

*note:
This was all written presuming viral gets a much healthier damage scaling, rather than the current +100%-+325%, due to it being overpowering on most of the present statuses in the current setup

There are several significant usability issues surrounding flotillas...

1. The stats listed when selecting an instance in the star chart seem to be all wrong.  Neither the "Busy/Calm" nor "Murex Driven Away" stats seem to correlate reliably to reality.
  2. Calm/Busy doesn't seem to give enough information.  Suggest listing the number of squads currently doing each mission type, so that if I'm going by myself in public mode, I can pick one where there will actually be people to squad up with there.  I don't like spawning into a mission and just standing around in the loading tile for 10 minutes and just giving up.  And if there aren't enough squads doing ground missions in the flotilla, railjack missions are an extreme waste of your time.
  3. There doesn't seem to be any way of finding out which instance I'm in once I'm actually in the Scarlet Spear relay.  This makes finding a good instance more frustrating and makes it so you can't leave temporarily and then return to the same relay, even if you wanted to WRITE IT DOWN ON A PIECE OF PAPER IN THE YEAR 2020...
  4. We also need to be able to find out which flotilla we had previously been at.  Could place a marker by the last one visited when selecting the instance, use previous mission progress, show it in profile stats, and surely other means exist.
  5. To allow us to actually form organized squads, we need to be able to see how many spots are left in each instance.  Or you could just have some sort of an indicator if an instance has, say, less than 8 spots remaining?
  6. Especially in light of the above issues, we need to be able to leave a flotilla as a squad without the squad automatically disbanding.

Can we get any of the new content actually include a tutorial or a guide of some guide.  Railjack didn't get one, even though Cy could have just ran us through a tutorial, something about he won't let you on the ship until you know how to use it properly. 

Eidlons could still use a tutorial in game to make it easier to get into that combat Shameless self plug

Like yes newplayer tutorials are important but if you keep smacking in more and more big content with no guide on how to do it, eventually some of those new players will get there and have no clue still. We have so many in game lore ways to do a tutorial it hurts to have none of them.  Simaris can apparently simulate tiles and enemy types, plus the simulacrum (which still needs a room for us to test out our archwings, which I hope you are going to put in when we get the modular archwing rework or testing them will be a massive pain) so like tutorials should be easy for him to simulate if they wouldn't fit anywhere else in game.

Titania wheel is confusing to me, another thing, she could use a few new slam and Arias like a bard, few strung to compete with marksmanship, kitbow and emotes before making a burrito, she needs toggles for her to escape the generic barberian or heavy attack, maybe if she's hit she releases magic, ephemeral toxins, since butter flies and wasp have coats, or like mirage effective in light, her hands are like a Mothsbagoftricks🌀 allow her to gain some sprint bonus and mode change gains for nearby teammates depending on the wheel🥖🖤 rotating the wheel chimeral blade and pixie mode gains extents, mag animations are great examples, Chroma is not so good. 

Most warframes and operator have no standby defense, counterparty magic or dodging would be good without a bunch of new mods that could trigger in lowhp, or use ENERGY, etc, 

🔥Limbo lamina collection; update: additional color palette, glyph, and credit booster. Any set of augs or mods would be good, players who own this can get a refund package or something like a coffer with art, or a key, dagger mods, sidequest, syndicate sidequest, lotus challenge, rivenor tittle idk😅next operator emblem & lamina helmet / accessories or something iddle, checks email messages.

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Bronco stimulant + *ah thinking some attachments, crouching and reloading tricks to make healing and enhancing teammates, pets possible berserk, while the robotics equiped boost firerate normally few shoots are missed, at close range enough to tackle and enfeeble some floors and areas could be like a MOBA opening tunnels like limbo and Nova if property equiped on the itemwheel, they can be stepped on. Blowing up enemies or used in tactical ways🧓🧓🧓🐍😆😆😆🌀🌀open a locker with a pull is much safer in case of traps, parazon can be used FACERIG etc.gofigure

Magnus has horrible 🖤reload and other weapons without a riven are dumpy I mean minimap featuring a few morepasive traits would help.sell a few guns if they had stance or passive unlockables, few can be transformed into new weapons, selling them is not that cool or fun other than getting random goodbye emails and refunds instead of just credits a few mods for players who make use of extra blueprints from ordis and syndicate invitations 🏵️ vectis reload spammed for more 2bullets enmelee push secondary,grant energy, missedshots grants fast reload,zoomshoots,crouching can powerup 🚩button is held after the shoot, the pull/release mechanic in most weapons and abilities could feature coolthings, emotes to eaarn, dancing, shinnylights, some shoots could warp and cause rifts, dismantle for kitguns, 🍋🔴&🔴🤷few guns need dualwielding added🚩I wanna say atleSt levelup, ui and forma update.

Zakti sisterdual could be interesting with magical shield and sugatras🌶️slide🔥recoil attachments 🐾

Ballista, overcharged capacitor, elemental features add defensive traits for blocking attacks, a parry or finisher enfeebles on pickup, rewards and attachments, Ephraim ephemeral colors *meets requirements for interesting reload ++paint dots++laserdot*light explosivepayload🐍🖤 if you put it away it charges and glows, other extras.🌀🌌🌌🌌🌌

What about pet stasis removal?  I want to save pets to Warframe configurations and not have to spend a few minutes going through pets before I get the one I want.  

I thought this was a promised feature in March.  This is more important than event and any of those changes above.  This is the single largest QOL feature you can give us that opens up a ton of content that is hidden.  

• 2 weeks later...

This is my only hope that DE would ignore the Deadlock Protocol and start revamping or give warframe revised a bit more focus... Give scarlet spear a chance to be better by having it less grindy than it should be, railjack and old blood already come out and you cannot say that you want to touch those again 🙂

For me, the least is, release the formorian or razorback, those guys has been full for weeks and yet i thought it was automatically triggered but then i am wrong... Give some events like repairing the relay again, that is fun...

Don't look forward on what you can release (and hopefully it's not at broken state) but please look back and see what DE and us community can improve together to make this game better.

I am not 2k hour plus players, but in my mind, when i hop in into the WF, i just get bored on 10mins after log in. No variation, the meta is always as it is. I love DE and what they do but please give us community a portion of your game design as what you do lately... We are not teaching you anything but we are giving you feedback.... Hopefully it reaches DE before the devstream start (Btw, i don't see any devstream post anywhere for today, but oh well at least I know)

Much love to you guys

There are still mods that need a check-up,the following being:

The lower value IPS mods (Jagged Edge, Razor Shot, No Return etc.), 

Energy Channel, 

Reflection, 

Critical Delay, Deceleration and Creeping Bullseye,

As for Conclave, the main issue is that is played with warframes. You could to change it to class-based Grineer vs Corpus gamemodes, classes being:

(Elite) Crewman/(Elite) Lancer

Detron/Trooper

Sniper/Ballista

Tech/Heavy Gunner

and use those conclave loadout slots to customize our avatars with the our owned (or new and specialized) cosmetics. 

You could also include the Ludoplex games and introduce new ones like Chess, Texas Hold 'em, Go-kart racing and the like. PvP is just not suited for warframes. 

And additional thing about Impact proc,impact proc add chance to use mercy that is a cool ideal (versy similair to Execution mechanic in Darksiders 2)but seem like mercy kill have some kind of health treshold and only apear when enemies really low on health (either you have to remove health treshold for mercy proc on impact or raise it to some % that reasonable like like 50% or 70%), so it not worth it to build your weapon around it, and also parazon mod is some what lack of supporting (maybe can add have some thing like bonus damage, crit for a few sec, additional loot drop, affinity etc.., and only have 3 slot for mod).

On 2020-04-07 at 6:39 PM, Educated_Beast said:

What about pet stasis removal?  I want to save pets to Warframe configurations and not have to spend a few minutes going through pets before I get the one I want.  

I thought this was a promised feature in March.  This is more important than event and any of those changes above.  This is the single largest QOL feature you can give us that opens up a ton of content that is hidden.  

a lot is confusing about pets, beds, and crafting, honestly its cool if there was more foundry craftables for the pets and robots, new tricks and attacks to learn, or mods to find are really in the dark, maybe if there was some enhancements for the pets during day/night or per planet / syndicate set of bonuses, so that each pet or egg could be elemental or based on a certain node which can be themed avatar, this way players frequent those spots more often, stasis and surrendering is very dark, i dont like it, theres no rewards, or reasons to do anything like that, so a person like me or a begginer will have doubts, and reasons to skip the whole process.

On 2020-04-17 at 6:35 PM, Hierarch777 said:

There are still mods that need a check-up,the following being:

The lower value IPS mods (Jagged Edge, Razor Shot, No Return etc.), 

Energy Channel, 

Reflection, 

Critical Delay, Deceleration and Creeping Bullseye,

As for Conclave, the main issue is that is played with warframes. You could to change it to class-based Grineer vs Corpus gamemodes, classes being:

(Elite) Crewman/(Elite) Lancer

Detron/Trooper

Sniper/Ballista

Tech/Heavy Gunner

and use those conclave loadout slots to customize our avatars with the our owned (or new and specialized) cosmetics. 

You could also include the Ludoplex games and introduce new ones like Chess, Texas Hold 'em, Go-kart racing and the like. PvP is just not suited for warframes. 

some process could be interesting to find Jagged edge dealing additional damage, missed attacks, blocked attacks modyfication spike, or affinity boost for slide attacks;  a unique stat or proc where the player teleports or vanishes, without saying how additional finishers could be added each school could earn a few extra attacks or have some special slot where the player can summit or focus them to a syndicate or NPC which allows for deeper customization for the adept players and visitors of the relays, mad dorky mods need to have additional or random "flaws" and breakpoints, maybe that transition when performing kills or when cooling down, sliding like the rivens but i guess could involve PVP and pickups/kills or activate exclusive bounty gels.

stances also have deficits and lack focus / growth, just a few endo and you learn all the attacks also have no passive traits, or triggers, i mean what if crouching triggered a AOE, gas, or charged up my cleavers, ther ecould be more energy pickup enhancements for ammo like megaman increase range and magnetisim of the swords functions of blocking could be enhanced and parrying could cause speeding up under some stances or school's focus, not just the operator hand or affinity / exp which is capped off could have its random mastery triggers, or at least like i said have special / longlasting under tuition or goddess, especially if the players have ranks with other cities or are visiting certain planets or nodes, towns, the training dummies or AI mode such as Suda, and Cephalon Simaris each could have additional rewards and aughments for the time beign, most stances just have streetfighter attacks which are difficult or hidden, but it would be good to see some single player stuff thrown in, flashing on the screen if done well, rewarding, or penalizing said they decrease power or edge wears down ( changes from impact heavy, lhigh gravity / slowga / sparks ) like god of war, the screen does flicker, a thunderbolt blessing regeneretes health and grants berserk or EN-static, metal music plays like dynasty warriors, musou style benefits and non0-mod enhancements are a in-game need, especially for lockers and pickups, otherwise players will complain here, movesets good -place to enhance with passive traits, gummies, and slots to trigger or mod within the stance later on, the endo and kuva are a good start, maybe some sacrifices and prerequisits like allow the excalibur to have other attacks and tricks added, jumping attacks unlocked slam and crouch do something special, command input used to heal team-mates and enhance robotics, finishers / secondary-range attacks, bow, kunai,  combo assets, "doings" for the minimap or gemstone, when players looking to equip a stance which also has good solo or survivalist traits, but might cause the primary weapons to gain a extra flying knife, explosive clip could be filled with shrapnel or disloged from relics, i once said that the relics could be equiped and further enhanced to use in regular combat missions without having to open them, maybe the dog can wiggle it out, or you can use them else where for mastery rank and training rewards, looking  to keep their warframe without a crouch they perform bullet jump and a shadow appears, or they duck and functions spread across the armory just like the arcane, these mods are polarity and school based, outcast because they are stances or cards which only grant power without bestowing a reload or enhancer core,  offer power and strength, which is already a warframe based staticier, nothing glacie about those, unless you start adding a "Holy^^)proc, and get weird with elementals. 

On 2020-04-20 at 3:37 PM, blackovercoat said:

And additional thing about Impact proc,impact proc add chance to use mercy that is a cool ideal (versy similair to Execution mechanic in Darksiders 2)but seem like mercy kill have some kind of health treshold and only apear when enemies really low on health (either you have to remove health treshold for mercy proc on impact or raise it to some % that reasonable like like 50% or 70%), so it not worth it to build your weapon around it, and also parazon mod is some what lack of supporting (maybe can add have some thing like bonus damage, crit for a few sec, additional loot drop, affinity etc.., and only have 3 slot for mod).

yes

On 2020-04-07 at 6:39 PM, Educated_Beast said:

This has been teased for well over a year now. I could care less about the next half baked content release DE. Pets are great, but dealing with the antiquated state of stasis is very off putting... 

let’s hope it’s not a rework along the lines of the current status rework either. That train wreck needs rolled back into the station ASAP. 

On 2020-04-17 at 4:25 AM, blackovercoat said:

i have ideal for impact damage well it actually in game already in form of a mod, instead making a mod for it can we just remove the mod and make it a part of impact damage ?, i think if you doing this impact damage is alot better, im talking about Shattering Impact

Impact, as well as puncture, aren’t meant to be very useful. It’s why so many weapons have them as primary damage. They are simply there to muck up your status procs. I doubt that will ever change. 

I honestly like Revisited stuff in general, but I may not always agree with the changes made... like Gas.

But, revisited content, changing how stuff works a bit, balance changes, etc.. are my favorite patches because I enjoy the gameplay and having toys that don't suck means I can have more fun, but I also like making strong builds and this gives me more options.

Y'all need to make all IPS damage similar to Slash in effect, but only ideal against one faction.

This will buff a lot of weapons from "trash tier" to "Wow, this is great against X faction!" and give more variety and allow easier balancing, hopefully, because Slash dominance is a HUGE problem for the game balance and variety.

Grineer should be weak to Puncture (150%) -> Impact (100%) -> Slash (50%)
Infested should be weak to Slash (150%) -> Puncture (100%) -> Impact (50%)
Corpus should be weak to Impact (150%) -> Slash (100%) -> Puncture (50%)

So to explain briefly using one faction: Corpus, logic being shields have a large surface area so impacts against it would drain more power, electronics tend to be sensitive to shock, and their ballistic soft armor not protecting from Impacts at all, some against Slash and a lot against Puncture because like Soft Body armor today it catches the bullet like a net.

Basically, I think a Rock Paper Scissors approach to overall balance in factions and weapons and frames against factions, is a good idea; simple but effective and encourages more diversity and is easier to balance because of rules.

Bane Mods should be changed to reduce faction damage resistances to that IPS type. This pulls back Power Creep and allows people to brind their favorites more often.

Example: If say.. Slash is ideal for Infested (150%), okay for Corpus (100%), and crap against Grineer (50%, they wear tons of hard armor, duh!) than putting a Bane of Grineer would take the weapon from half damage to 100% or normal damage and a Primed Bane mod would take it to 125% or something.

Armor... declutter: each faction gets one type and only 1 type, but the intensity of it differs by enemy type or rank in the case of elite and boss-types. The intensity of the armor will be colorized to a standard across all factions. Probably 3 tiers.

Armor should probably influence CC types and their effectiveness, making a way for you to allow for more Status based stuff to shine without trivializing as much.

The armor should also reduce frame powers and weapon damage types, but not as much if any if they keep to the RPS design and bring good choices, than they will hardly notice. Nullifiers should be modified as a result.

As it stands, each faction has their scaling survival gimmick more or less figured out: Grineer, Armor. Corpus, Shields. Infested, Health and Speed. Sentient, Adapting.

I propose some tweaking to Sentient: They should be a blend of all the factions due to RPS theme and should be in the "middle" of the triad of factions, so something like: 25% Armor, 25% Shield, 25% Health+Speed, and then their Adapting, but probably toned down.

Elemental mod blends should be made into their own single card, but have a limit of 2 elemental cards in a weapon for balance, no "Rainbow" builds like in ancient Warframe days but still allows people to make the combinations they want and need.
This is crucial for balancing a lot of the weapons you have now so we don't have as many "Trash Tier" because of optimal damage types that are only possible on certain weapons.

I have had ideas last year for putting the Elemental mods into a RPS layout that makes sense and easy to remember, but I kept running into issues of elemental combinations breaking the pattern and having a odd number or whatever, as I recall I added Void Damage elemental mod to fix that bit but didn't drill down and solve the re-shuffle and honestly gave up because I knew I was wasting my time, because I didn't think Digital Extremes genuinely listened anymore.

But to give the gist:  I had the idea to make the current elemental system easier to understand and remember by following a formula, like that if Toxin was the base mod for countering a faction's scaling, i.e. armor (corrosive), shields (magnetic -- problem, no toxin), health (viral -- problem, no heat)... then you add-on the damage element good for a specific faction, like Heat for Infested, would yield an anti-infested elemental and you didn't need to reference a Wiki to do it once you know the simple formula.

There was also a RPS Faction based AOE Damage element.
So, Explosive best against Infested, Radiation against Grineer (Would be changed from Confuse to a AOE damage), Gas against Corpus (a Nanite Gas would bypass shields and get into machinery).

Back to weapons: We IMO should be changes here also. Weapon Mastery rank should matter, but I think you really missed out on how Rivens work and their function.
Rivens, in my view, should be to make MR 1 weapons somewhat as good as MR 12 weapons.
They should at higher MR likely just make the weapon more comfortable, reload speed, magazine capacity, stuff like that and not insane damage.
Why? Because 1) Power Creep/Game Balance, 2) Reward and Respect player weapon investment, 3) More options is better...and 4) Waiting around for an objectively better version of a weapon is annoying and is off-putting.

This means Rivens don't get balanced based on popularity...but MR rank. So, you know when you invest in a weapon its viable forever and if you buy a Riven its not going to suddenly get nerfed hard.

Then, you can create a balance framework. When I worked on Marvel Heroes' White List, we balanced characters based on specific test bosses in their version of Simulacrum and their time to kill that enemy.

That was good, but then they came up with a design framework for balance that sped up their balancing. Their framework to help determine the base stats of an ability based on if it was Single target short range, single target long range, cone attacks, PBAOE, melee AOE, ranged AOE, etc.. and then from there it was tweaked until it felt good and was balanced.

The goal was to make everything keep its uniqueness but ensure nothing sucked either, and it worked very well and the game did well with those changes... and I think Warframe could and should do similar for weapons and you can see elements of this already, but doesn't seem to be as rule based.

Also, for Railjack, I was thinking maybe you need to maybe make Ship Hazards scale... if you ignore a Fire, it increases a tier, with 3 tiers, and the higher the tier the worse it becomes.

Railjack needs a lot more UI work done, like for the ship to indicate what is going on, where and why, even remotely... there needs to be intruder alert UI element especially.
You need to give the players the info they need to handle situations, and if you do that, you can make the situations more interesting and dangerous, and incorporate a lot of cool elements we see in shows and such.

I personally can't wait to see Railjack in a few years from now, I like space stuff and want to crew a ship with other players and wish more games had stuff like that... but yeah, you need to go back and fix Warframe's core game some... after 7 years, y'all need it... and we the community are more than happy to help, because we love the game also and have invested a lot of money as well as our time, so obviously we don't want the game to die... its time we got real with each other and work this out like a family.

On 2020-04-22 at 2:26 AM, (XB1)Deputy Facepain said:

This has been teased for well over a year now. I could care less about the next half baked content release DE. Pets are great, but dealing with the antiquated state of stasis is very off putting... 

let’s hope it’s not a rework along the lines of the current status rework either. That train wreck needs rolled back into the station ASAP. 

Impact, as well as puncture, aren’t meant to be very useful. It’s why so many weapons have them as primary damage. They are simply there to muck up your status procs. I doubt that will ever change. 

i doubt that i dont think IPS is meant to be bad i think it is design to good again specific faction (grineer,corpus,infested) and situation (shield,armor,flesh), but the game seem to evol out of that ideal already atleast for IPS damage, slash is good because slash proc is good, puncture is not good and it proc is not good either but at least it have bonus damage again armor (which is almost every enemies in game have armor), and impact is bonus damage again shield  (but shield is some what meh in this game), and impact proc is also meh with current status and that is impact problem it not good again anything

12 hours ago, blackovercoat said:

i doubt that i dont think IPS is meant to be bad i think it is design to good again specific faction (grineer,corpus,infested) and situation (shield,armor,flesh), but the game seem to evol out of that ideal already atleast for IPS damage, slash proc is good, puncture is not good and it proc is not good either but at least it have bonus damage again armor (which is almost every enemies in game have armor), and impact is bonus damage again shield  (but shield is some what meh in this game), and impact proc is also meh with current status and that is impact problem it not good again anything

The best thing you can do with pretty much any weapon that has Impact/Puncture; is to get a riven that removes it. I’ve had hundreds of negative Impact/Puncture rolls, and it’s your best option as a negative 95% of the time. Maybe DE will make changes in the future to make their procs more useful. I just don’t see it happening. Most weapons with high crit/status are Impact, and Puncture based. I’m quite sure that this is a balancing tactic used to hold the weapons back, while making the stats look really good. If a status overhaul were to make their procs more useful in any meaningful way, I’d fully expect many weapons to be reworked/nerfed. 

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Deputy Facepain said:

The best thing you can do with pretty much any weapon that has Impact/Puncture; is to get a riven that removes it. I’ve had hundreds of negative Impact/Puncture rolls, and it’s your best option as a negative 95% of the time. Maybe DE will make changes in the future to make their procs more useful. I just don’t see it happening. Most weapons with high crit/status are Impact, and Puncture based. I’m quite sure that this is a balancing tactic used to hold the weapons back, while making the stats look really good. If a status overhaul were to make their procs more useful in any meaningful way, I’d fully expect many weapons to be reworked/nerfed. 

i dont thing impact or Puncture mean to "hold a weapon back" or "to balance" a weapon, and you mention your riven which is have nothing to do here about it except it is harmless for now because impact/puncture is bad and you need it be bad because it make your riven look good right ?, i think you dont see it happening because you dont want it happening rather than "see" it happening (and i know that many people dont want it because you know riven mafia is a thing and they dont want chance that), and reworked weapon is good because there bunch of useless weapon and i dont think weapon just to be make to be foldder or Mastery Rankup.

35 minutes ago, blackovercoat said:

i dont thing impact or Puncture mean to "hold a weapon back" or "to balance" a weapon, and you mention your riven which is have nothing to do here about it except it is harmless for now because impact/puncture is bad and you need it be bad because it make your riven look good right ?, i think you dont see it happening because you dont want it happening rather than "see" it happening (and i know that many people dont want it because you know riven mafia is a thing and they dont want chance that), and reworked weapon is good because there bunch of useless weapon and i dont think weapon just to be make to be foldder or Mastery Rankup.

Im just giving my 2 cents on it. I’m pretty much done caring what DE does with this game. The update that this thread is all about did a lot of things that didn’t sit well with me. The status rework left things much less diverse than before, while DE claimed to be creating more diversity. More half baked content. More empty words.
I’ve spent a lot of time modding weapons in Warframe, and most of the neat, niche builds I’ve managed to come up with usually end up nerfed. Getting pigeon holed into playing how DE wants is not going to keep me around. that’s why I don’t see Impact/Puncture being improved in any meaningful way. They’re mediocre for a reason. I’d love to be proved wrong. 

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Deputy Facepain said:

Im just giving my 2 cents on it. I’m pretty much done caring what DE does with this game. The update that this thread is all about did a lot of things that didn’t sit well with me. The status rework left things much less diverse than before, while DE claimed to be creating more diversity. More half baked content. More empty words.
I’ve spent a lot of time modding weapons in Warframe, and most of the neat, niche builds I’ve managed to come up with usually end up nerfed. Getting pigeon holed into playing how DE wants is not going to keep me around. that’s why I don’t see Impact/Puncture being improved in any meaningful way. They’re mediocre for a reason. I’d love to be proved wrong. 

sadly this is true and i see why you said that ealier,and i dont think they gonna change or even read this or some kind cherrypick some feedback or take it then f*** it up, but let see 

Archived