Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 3!

SilverBones

29 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

6. Magus Lockdown Changes:
We are making some changes to Magus Lockdown that will keep it as a tactical option over the ‘do-everything’ solution. Here are the changes coming with the Scarlet Spear update:

• Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.

This makes sense.

29 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:
  • The amount of active Tethers is now limited to 2 per player. This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first tether will stop, and the new tether will take its place.

This doesn't.

Magus Lockdown needed a nerf since it was way too good at both damage at CC. If you're removing its ability to do damage, then... why are you heavily nerfing its CC as well? Time spent in Operator form is time spent not doing damage in your frame, and a 4-second CC within 15m really isn't worth this time if it's not at least spammable.

If Lockdown must be nerfed to 2 tethers per player, then the tether duration should be significantly increased to compensate. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb --Q--FSK41:

just because most people cant do more than 10 Minutes survival without the help of operator and lockdown it should be nerfed

Question: Why should they?
Operator is a core part of Warframe now and should fight side-by-side with the Warframe.
Why should I limit myself to my Warframe alone?

Do you do Teralysts with Warframes alone? No, why make it here?
Operators should be valid side-grades to WF powers, ofc lesser in power cuz no energy costs but comparable!

il y a 16 minutes, flaicher a dit :

Please, no.

Seems rather miniscule compared to her current absolutely amazing passive.

I love her speed..

I thinks it's a new second passive.

But if it's not, I totally agree it shouldn't replace the current passive, this one of the best in the game.

34 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Titania can now use Blink while in her Razorwing ability.

Looking forward to see more players using her now, just like how they use Wukong for speeding to extraction point first to collect the 1k plat from DE while waiting there for other players to complete the objectives for them lol

1 minute ago, Grimmaldi_Grey said:

What happened to the pet changes you promised? You said you would get rid of stasis and give us commands in early march. It's now late mid march. How soon is soon?

From my understanding that was going to include a rework for Sunika Kubrows along with head/tail variants for Kubrows and the addition of Genetic traits for Kavats/Kubrows so they're probably still working on all of that and trying to get it out as one big package.

Gas update: I like it. It's an interesting way to make Gas useful without tying it to heat and toxin mods.

Status mod chance increases: Woo! Stunning speed will actually be useful now so I won't feel weird using a space on it *happy dance*

Liches affected by status: An excellent first step towards making status meaningful at all times.

Magus Lockdown: This has needed the damage removed since it was released. Glad it's been done. And limiting tethers is also a great move; its meant to be good CC, not a miracle machine.   Not so sure about limiting the CC to 2 mines. Limit yes. 2 seems like an overcorrection, which to be honest, seems like a DE trademark move. 🙂 

Titania: My butterfly lady thanks you most graciously for making her even more awesome (x2). And as a fantasy fan, I'm very glad she now has both status removal and some form of healing.

Scarlet Spear ETA: I neeeeeeeeeeeeds it.

Spoiler

Test results: As expected...

Regular Ogris only has Blast Damage, and since mods like these

latest?cb=20171007145335happen to not be usable outside of Conclave, you can't even give it Impact.

The Kuva Ogris, funnily enough does have Impact...on ''impact'' only. 
What does this mean? It means you will only proc Impact, using the Kuva Ogris, if you hit an enemy directly. Caught in the eplosion radius? 'Tis but a scratch.

Explain to me your logic here DE, please. What made you think, that an RPG should not be capable of knocking it's target off-balance...
Unless said target is yourself of course, because that makes sense.

Solution: Revert the Blast status proc change pronto! Buff it even, as an apology to not only people like me who use it, but to the laws of physics as well!
Bonus solution: Do the above^ and give the accuracy debuff to Impact procs, i.e. Impact now staggers targets and makes them less accurate.

I am waiting.

Und die wait continues.

Gets popcorn

Patience supply: 9000/9001

10 minutes ago, 0Howl0 said:

[Grendel's missions are too hard, suggest weapon limitations instead of 'no mods'].

I agree, but I need to stress something:

DE, when making a means to acquire a Warframe, keep in mind that the Prime will always come from Relics, and be easier/faster to obtain. This means a lot of people will be getting their first taste of a given frame only after it's been Primed. Grendel's part missions do not warrant the inflated difficulty they are at due to 'no mods'.

Half of the difficulty of those missions is weapons underperforming as a default after certain level thresholds (which to a degree can be tied to Mastery in relation to a given weapon) without the inclusion of mods.

To help weapons that are presently underperforming (such as Tigris Prime depending on the build being -inferior- to it's Syndicate counterpart, which is outrageous; I suggest giving all shotguns a buff to crit and status, as the numbers they have presently are... underwhelming), a MR/Forma-based stat bonus for things, with a cap, would put an incentive on ranking up more and give our 'fun guns' more usability in high-level missions (i.e: Railjack).

In some relation, Chroma  needs his 1 turned into an Exalted, and Hildryn could do with a new passive.

On another note: Any plans on giving Tenno the tools to make their own cutscenes (expanding Captura) or even missions they could submit to you (DE) for possible implementation?

Speaking of, can we have Alerts back? Sometimes people don't have time to grind on Nightwaves and Nightwaves also choke progression - people build weapons, max them, put a catalyst, get Prime version then drop the previous faster than you think and it would help to have at least the chance for them to get those things.

hace 27 minutos, [DE]Bear dijo:

We wanted to be respectful of a player’s playing time

It would be respectful if we were allowed to craft 2 forma each day at the very least.

hace 29 minutos, [DE]Bear dijo:

Magus Lockdown has a reputation for being the CC and Damage meta, and after some review, it is not hard to see why.

You increased the range and the damage it deals. Is this the way you test things? buff them for a while and then see if its used more?. This is ridiculous. You could very well do a simple hard cap of damage to each enemy, something like preventing damage above 40% of the total health (either ever or in single cast), but I guess golden maw, a single enemy found in a single place, has priority over the rest of the game and cannot be made status inmune...

Everything else is great. Why is it always like this? great stuff that makes the game better but also, a handful of incomprehensible decisions that make no sense and stick like a sore thumb.

vor 1 Minute schrieb DarkRuler2500:

Question: Why should they?
Operator is a core part of Warframe now and should fight side-by-side with the Warframe.
Why should I limit myself to my Warframe alone?

Do you do Teralysts with Warframes alone? No, why make it here?
Operators should be valid side-grades to WF powers, ofc lesser in power cuz no energy costs but comparable!

u say it yourself ,,side'' grade, with lockdown u can do every mission operator only endlessly,basically. Survival -> Lockdown Excavation -> Lockdown Interception -> Lockdown etc. its not a sidegrade its straight up meta and braindead.I am so happy it is finally dead.Teralyst is a nice example,because you literally ,,cannot'' do it without operator since u need amp,so let me ask you do you do Survival in operator or warframe most of the time ? I guess the second.I would leave the damage so its still nice in low level for the casuals in  starchart etc. and make it like 2000-4000 Damage.But scaling Damage while being immortal was completely stupid.

I feel like one of the reasons Gas is currently underwhelming is that its tick damage is based off of base damage only, instead of base + elemental damage type like Heat, Electric and Toxin. Is that being looked into? It feels more like an oversight caused by the status update than it does a deliberate balancing choice.

So your saying that lockdown was a good arcane, and you decided to nerf the only good arcane? Why not just buff all other arcanes so its a choice what you use instead of only choosing repair lockdown cause its the only thing that actually has an impact?

2 minutes ago, Luthier_Marke said:

It would be respectful if we were allowed to craft 2 forma each day at the very least.

You increased the range and the damage it deals. Is this the way you test things? buff them for a while and then see if its used more?. This is ridiculous. You could very well do a simple hard cap of damage to each enemy, something like preventing damage above 40% of the total health (either ever or in single cast), but I guess golden maw, a single enemy found in a single place, has priority over the rest of the game and cannot be made status inmune...

Everything else is great. Why is it always like this? great stuff that makes the game better but also, a handful of incomprehensible decisions that make no sense and stick like a sore thumb.

DE doing DE things

31 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Instead of nerfing the (probably) only good Arcane Fortuna had to deliver, perhaps you could buff the others to actually be worth the standing points, what about that?

Dude, the power level of magus lockdown is so insanely high, that it would be nonsense to leave it as is. At the end of the day all this change does is remove the damage aspect of it, and limit the number of tethers you can have at once. This arcane is still going to be incredibly strong.

Just now, SPplayer76 said:

Dude, the power level of magus lockdown is so insanely high, that it would be nonsense to leave it as is. At the end of the day all this change does is remove the damage aspect of it, and limit the number of tethers you can have at once. This arcane is still going to be incredibly strong.

The main issue I have is that they nerfed both its cc and completely removed its damage; Its now literally a waste of a arcane slot. In addition to that, my main point was that the other arcanes need a buff, as they are (nearly) all way to weak to even consider trying to make work

I would highly advise adjusting/toning down viral @[DE]Bear It is currently outshining every status or is required along with an additional status.

People will find need to use rivens and think about their builds by taking advantage of what enemies are weak too if it is toned down. (Goal is to balance all statuses around enemy weakness imo).

Finally, Grendel still seems to be lackluster, what I mean is other frames easily outshine him in solo play and team effectiveness. I would advise making his armor scale unusually high faster than Inaros with a future augment (This would make Inaros endurance usable and Grendel for shorter missions); this may give him some competition while also applying buffs in high end missions.

15 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

No, since you still have to consider the multishot in the additive equation. 

Before the Sobek with Shattering Justice had 20.2% Status / Projectile (16.2% + (20% / 5 (Base Multishot))
After the Sobek with Shattering Justice will have 30.8% Status / Projectile.

So in other words this is basically 'fixing' the nerf the mod received with the 'reworks'... I thought my sobek (rivened) felt a little weaker after the update. 

Not a big fan of the Magus Lockdown changes.

It is one of the few things that allowed tridolons to go relatively smoothly, ever since vomvalysts got their level increase.
Having a way to kill vomvalysts without wasting your void strike stacks is incredibly valuable.

Not even to speak of solo Tridolons, where you'd ideally want to use magus lockdown to kill lures and vomvalysts, so to not waste a stack.

I hope a slightly better soloution can be worked out here.

Maybe still allow for unlimited tethers, but decrease the range and or number of targets affected. Since those were recently buffed when we got rank 5 arcanes.
If that is not a option, maybe give tethers a diminishing return, if a 2nd tether is attached to the same enemy, have it deal 10% less damage or something.

48 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Why: 
We mentioned this on the Devstream, but we wanted to write out the plans here on what we’re changing based on feedback. Ragdolls and Knockdowns were not a status effect our players enjoyed! 

Neither are staggers. Please, remove staggers from Impact; swap Impact and Blast procs. And you really need to revisit Viral, before people are not too accustomed to it.

Archived