[DE]Bear

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 3!

2 minutes ago, EdDiesel said:

Kuva Liches

Going melee against Lich is almost automatic shutdown due to his grab. I like the grab and preventive mechanics for the lich however, can we see a system that allows the player a chance to overcome his grab or throw perhaps a paper, rock scissors, type system where you select a key WASD if guessed correctly you can push off the lich preventing him from grabbing you and continue to melee?

The Grab is slow and very telegraphed, you can just Roll away and then re-engage with the Forward Special Combo.

That is, assuming they don't stretch their hitbox through time and space, or just teleport on you, even after you Roll correctly.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

1. Impact Damage:
Impact damage will now have an accumulating effect that can stack on enemies, leading to a large stagger and additional chance to have a Parazon Finisher animation available. In brief, these changes are:

• Each stack of Impact Status creates a slightly bigger stagger effect until a heavy stagger occurs at 5 stacks.
  • Each stack of Impact Status increases the chance of a Parazon Finisher move by 10%, available when the enemy falls below the required health threshold.

Why: 
We mentioned this on the Devstream, but we wanted to write out the plans here on what we’re changing based on feedback. Ragdolls and Knockdowns were not a status effect our players enjoyed! 

Again: just swap blast and impact procs, leave the knockdown in then. Even the stagger is annoying on impact procs because the vast majority of guns have an impact component, meanwhile right now blast is the most ridiculous thing, you detonate explosions right in their face and they don't even flinch, let alone fall over.

As a bonus suggestion, why not make enemies suffer headshot damage on their entire body for the duration of a knockdown?

Edited by Mephane
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

6. Magus Lockdown Changes:
We are making some changes to Magus Lockdown that will keep it as a tactical option over the ‘do-everything’ solution. Here are the changes coming with the Scarlet Spear update:

• Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.
  • The amount of active Tether Mines is now limited to 2 per player (with 10 Tethers a piece at rank 5). This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first Tether Mine will stop, and the new Tether Mine will take its place.
  • Magus Lockdown no longer affects the Golden Maw due to the Arcane killing the Maw and preventing Quest completion. This also fixes a script error that was causing some problems when the Golden Maw is encountered.

Why:
Magus Lockdown has a reputation for being the CC and Damage meta, and after some review, it is not hard to see why. There are cases where Magus Lockdown has wiped entire waves of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught without the need for a weapon or a Warframe power and that is not what we had in mind for the design of this.

It's frustrating to see this go, lockdown has become a huge part of my playstyle.  It worked really nice for eidolon hunts, allowing players to preserve their void strike charges.  Not to mention it really made a lot of warframe builds more viable by offering some level of panic safety.

This seems, entirely excessive, even if the damage was brought down (or changed to void), removing the wider crowd control option will wind up removing options.  With Lockdown, Elevate, and a few other arcanes right now like Anomaly, Operators have filled the role I always thought they were intended to, as another major component of gameplay that works with warframes and weapons, not instead of them.  If people were using Lockdown to just straight delete ESO then yeah it probably can stand for a nerf, but this change kills off a pretty fun and engaging side of Operator gameplay which is not worth it.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, EdDiesel said:

Limbo?

Curious how OP Limbo will be in Scarlet Spear event? Is there any way to bring a balance pass for that? Would also like to see how nullifiers interact with his cataclysm so it is not completely taken out once touched.

Kuva Liches

Going melee against Lich is almost automatic shutdown due to his grab. I like the grab and preventive mechanics for the lich however, can we see a system that allows the player a chance to overcome his grab or throw perhaps a paper, rock scissors, type system where you select a key WASD if guessed correctly you can push off the lich preventing him from grabbing you and continue to melee?

Yeah, I've been seeing the Liches grab every time I approach lately. They used to only grab at times, but the update which removed them breaking your back at a failed stab seemed to have increased the amount of times they grabbed you to literally anytime I approach. That, plus having a Lich with 5 or 6 resistances (all meta statuses too) and no weaknesses, plus them having a Kuva Bramma, plus their insane, INSANE mobility, made it so they had constant shields, and what a 5-15 minute fight would be, took over 39 MINUTES. 90% of that time was me on my ass due to kd from his bramma, and kd from his throw. He completely sponged all my attacks, even when I switched to damage types he didn't resist, and only because of that, was able to kill even my tankiest Nezha, so I was forced into the 100% dr Baruuk has (barring my lich's Miasma still could kill me). And the only way I wasn't stuck undying or on my ass forever was because I found a way to cheese it. Even Baruuks 4 couldn't be used because no more enemies were spawning, and the depletion his 2 gives is trivial to one enemy. His 3 didn't go anywhere since the lich was the only enemy left in entire map. I was eventually able to put the lich to sleep to stop it from knocking me in my ass, attack for a short while, and rinse repeat to kill it dead.

I've never had an issue with any lich, and I was super pissed since that was my 7th lich with no ephemera (I'm on my 8th and have just given up since the entire lich system is #*!%ing miserable). Hopefully the status changes prevent this from happening again, but the only fun part of this godawful torture was made to be even worse in that instance.

Please, for the love of god, put fixing the kls on your HIGHEST priority. It's the single worst experience I've ever had in any game, and that is saying something. 

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

13 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

That is, assuming they don't stretch their hitbox through time and space, or just teleport on you, even after you Roll correctly.

Which is what they do 100% of the time. And on the Switch, it's worse since you have about 5fps with all the effects going around.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dayrup said:

The main issue I have is that they nerfed both its cc and completely removed its damage; Its now literally a waste of a arcane slot. In addition to that, my main point was that the other arcanes need a buff, as they are (nearly) all way to weak to even consider trying to make work

I realy dont understand , DE .... 1 of you thought about eidelon hunts ?what impact will have?

U guys realy want to destroy this game? Propa nerf again a few weeks ago 70% dmg fall off, why ?

Ok dmg scalling for magus lockdown, put a limit to that , but why such a nerf CC and dmg in the same time?

And for some guys wich speak about magus lockdown , go and play eidelon hunt solo or team , and see how is used and how eidelon hunts depends on it

Why DE ? why u make our life harder?

u guys really think if u make the game harder  the people will start playng more ?

u all nerf everything wich was nice, most of us we play 3 4 hours max on a day . 

WE dont want chalenges by nerfing some good things in the game , we want to enjoy, and u guys start to transform that into a second job ?

Edited by NeoR0man1a
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

bye bye scaling operator damage hello magus elevate healing nice.

Magus Repair is comparable if not better. A maxed one heals ALL Warframes (you and teammates) in a 30m radius for 25% health/s. On a frame like Inaros, if you have 4k health, that's 1k health heal per second just by being invisible. 

• Like 2

Forma should be 12 hours, given that the only half mod cost on a single slot and you have to re level the weapon before applying another. I'm fine with catalysts and reactors being 24hr builds because they double the point cap with no leveling requirement, tbh a 48hr build time for catalysts would seem more fitting given what they do but doubling that aint gonna fly with anyone. 23 hours for a forma is no different than 24, still too long and this "improvement" feels like a bad joke. is this an out of season april fools joke? hurhurhur

24 hour forma builds arent gonna force me to buy forma packs, nothing will. What they will do is make me not bother to play the game at this point since formaing my collection of weapons to add exilus mods to them is literally the only thing I have left to do thats worth doing.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, EdDiesel said:

Kuva Liches

I think the problem is not the grab itself, but that it is so ridiculously drawn out. Like, if they did just grab you and throw you immediately, like an an action movie fight scene, that would be a cool move. Instead, the lich acts at such an excruciatingly slow speed that it looks more like they are so physically weak that they have real trouble lifting and throwing you, while your Warframe suddenly caught a severe case of cutscene stupid not doing anything the whole while.

• Like 3

Spoiler
5 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

5. Foundry Crafting Time Change:
In an effort to help maintain some building consistency, we have reduced the build time for Forma, Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, and Exilus Adaptors to 23 hours (as opposed to 24) as per player request.

Why: 
When building Forma or another similar item, having a 24-hour limit meant that players who signed on at a regular time would see some delays in when an item was ready. We wanted to be respectful of a player’s playing time, and by making it 23 hours, they can grab their completed item and start another build without upsetting their routine. P.S don’t forget about the Mobile app! 

So... about the crafting times. I'm perfectly fine with leaving catalysts, reactors, and exilus stuff at 23 hours.

BUT it has been ages that the community has wanted Forma to only be 12 hours.

For most weapons, you need about 3-5 forma(you definitely need 5, if not more if you are going to put an Exilus onto it). That is 5 days of crafting. For ONE weapon. And in a game like warframe, there are already hundreds of weapons. For something that is needed as much as Forma is... please consider decreasing the time to craft, especially since as of yet, there isnt a way to set up a que. And from the looks of this 23h change, there wont be one in the foreseeable future.

The reason Im alright with all the others remaining 23h is because you only need 1. One day of crafting and that weapon now has them for life. Whereas Forma you need much more than that Per weapon, they can be overwritten, and with each update that changes a weapon, stats, damage, or like how status is getting an overhaul, it just makes us spend more and more Forma. In terms of how much of it is required/its time to craft when compared with other resources, it's completley unbalanced. So yeah... please consider reducing it

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sickle_Slayer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

BUT it has been ages that the community has wanted Forma to only be 12 hours.

Unfortunately it's a business decision. I wonder how much plat is spent on forma alone, because I now it's a majority of my spending.

• Like 3

9. Rakta Dark Dagger
The passive bonus which grants Shields when attacking an enemy afflicted with the Radiation Status has been tweaked to work with Shield Gating. Now the bonus will only apply if you have shields active.

I mean, the reason this weapon came back to light recently was because of the shield mechanic recovery. It worked very well with "shield tanking" builds. Without this mechanic, the weapon will lose a lot of interest from the community.

• Like 3

4. Kuva Lich Changes:

• Radiation does not change the enemy’s Faction, and instead of increasing Damage done to enemies with stacks, it increases the Damage taken from enemies who have turned on them.

Huh? I'm confused. Let me see if I get this straight.

Normal enemies who are struck by Radiation are:

1) Changed in faction
2) They deal more damage to their former allies.

Liches, however:

1) Do not have the faction changed
2) They do not deal more damage to enemies-who-suffer-from-Radiation (?!), even though that's not how Radiation works? Or is this just really poorly worded, actually meaning the Lich doesn't deal more damage to its former allies, if the LICH has those stacks? If the latter, the sentence could really do with a rephrasing (like just ditching the "with stacks" part).
3) Liches instead suffer more damage taken from enemies who *also* have Rad-procs (or similar faction-changing effects) on them. Did I get that right?

• Like 3

Thanks for the update. Please never stop reviewing and reiterating old content along with new content in mainline updates. There are so many unhealthy aspects of the game that have been left to stagnate for years. It not only makes players feel like their feedback is worthless, it also makes people that care feel as though the only recourse is to riot or else nothing gets done.

Magus Lockdown Changes

Another hard but necessary pill to swallow. Lockdown is THE best in slot arcane for Operators. Limiting its capability to CC is acceptable however I hope in the future DE takes another look at operators and bakes the old "overload state" into the operator form instead of the warframe. There is a lot of excitement behind unlocking your operator which quickly falls flat once they do nothing more than CC and tickle enemies. IMO using the operator should be the "destroy everything button" archguns were supposed to do. Move archguns into a regular weapon equip except you lose the secondary slot.

QoL on grendel is ok but he needs bigger numbers changes. Right now all his abilities are lackluster and he doesnt have great tanking or offensive buffs ability either.

Titania refinement is nice.

RIP Rakta dark dagger?

• Like 3

I've not ever seen anyone use Magus Lockdown to wipe a single wave in ESO, even the very first.  This is giving me PoE dev flashbacks where they argue that a certain spec does X and then use the unproven argument to invalidate a popular playstyle.  While it is valuable CC, the damage portion was reduced by enemy DR, and further reduced by the shield changes which make any corpus, infested, or corrupted wave much more difficult.  If Lockdown is as powerful as you say it is, every player that I encounter in ESO would be using it in the described manner. 

Meanwhile, what other arcane is anywhere near as desireable, even after the nerf?  If it is desired for players to move to different loadouts, perhaps improving poorly performing/underused arcanes would be a way to change the usage numbers.

Titania changes are ok. Removing the front dodge entirely would be great. Currently, the front dodge serves as a punishment for clicking that combination of buttons. having it remain after adding blink just makes it an occasional punishment when the blink is on cooldown. The same is true of Archwing. Also on the subject of Titania; would it be too much to ask for a frame that has a companion buff to allow companion use in both her forms?

• Like 8

Ho ho yes for Titania, can't wait to love her more!

Kuva Liches: you guys really don't want to reduce the murmur requirements eh? 

The Kuva Lich Murmur Change & Fix Megathread is useless, then.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

1. Impact Damage:

I like this idea. This kills two problems with one stone. The problem with the knockdown, and the unreliability of parazon mods in gameplay other than lich hunting. Seems like a great idea. 

2. Gas Damage:

Seems like a positive change. Just curious as to why Gas damage AOE was doing less than half of Electric damage AOE.

Are you guys keeping Viral damage bonus capped at 325%? It seems a little OP considering the widespread applicable situations to use Viral in comparison to the narrow applicable situations to use Magnetic. This is why we have powercreep, everyone gets upset when things are nerfed, cheer when things are buffed, and stay silent when things are OP. This is why Warframe's difficulty is trivialized to veteran players.

Corrosive still seems a little underpowered compared to heat when being used with slow-firing weapons. Consider the following...

Heat has: 50% armor strip, single target AOE, single target CC

Corrosive has: 25% armor strip

Please bump corrosive up to 53% armor strip on the first proc, and then reduce each additional proc from 6% to 3% - you would still have the same 80% armor strip removal at 10x stacks, but it would make corrosive more balanced with Heat in terms of use with slow-firing weapons, or other 1x status effect applications. Not every situation is going to be a 10x stack of status on the enemy.

3. Status Chance Mods:

I have no opinion on the changes to Hammer Shot and the like; however, I want to bring up IPS status chance in general.

You removed the 4x multiplier on IPS status chance; consequently, building a weapon towards IPS status effects is much harder now when you have elemental mods on the weapon, or (especially) if the weapon has innate elemental damage on it, in addition to IPS damage. I like the idea of making IPS damage and status chance mechanics work more consistently with Elemental damage and status chance, but there's more work to be done here. My suggestion is to either revert the 4x multiplier back into the game, or change IPS mods to work the same way elemental mods do: by increasing IPS damage based on the total innate damage output of the gun, and then nerf the 120% IPS mods (like Fanged Fusillade) down to 90% to be in line with elemental mods.

For example:

If you have a weapon with

50 IPS (Impact, Puncture or Slash)

50 Elemental (Cold, Heat, Electric, or Toxin)

100 total damage. 50/50 chance of either IPS or Elemental proc when a proc occurs.

If you put a 90% IPS mod on the weapon, you gain an additional 45 IPS damage (90% of the innate 50 IPS damage)

95 IPS

50 Elemental

145 total damage. 2:1 chance of IPS-to-Elemental proc.

If you put a 90% Elemental mod on the weapon, you gain an additional 90 elemental damage (90% of the 100 TOTAL damage)

50 IPS

140 Elemental

190 total damage. 1:3 chance of IPS-to-Elemental proc.

This system was designed around the 4x status chance multiplier of IPS damage types, which you have now removed from the game. See the problem here?

My suggestion is to make it so that if you apply a 90% IPS mod on the weapon, you gain 90% of the TOTAL damage, just like you would with an Elemental mod.

140 IPS

50 Elemental

190 total damage. 3:1 chance of IPS-to-Elemental, just like it works with elemental mods.

By taking away the 4x chance multiplier on IPS status effects occurring, you created a new problem. Please address it or revert the removal of the 4x IPS status chance.

4. Kuva Lich Changes:

These seem like good changes. Now cold, puncture, impact, radiation, etc will actually be useful against liches. This will make liches easier though, so we might need to talk about difficulty again.

5. Foundry Crafting Time Change:

This is a great change. Now I can consistently get my forma building before I go to bed without having to stay up later and later every night.

6. Magus Lockdown Changes:

Good. Magus lockdown was OP. I'm surprised that you guys haven't nerfed magus repair either since it makes many support frames and Vazarin focus school nearly obsolete.

7. Grendel Changes:

I have no opinion on this.

8. Titania Changes & Fixes:

No opinion

9. Rakta Dark Dagger

Seems like a good change. I never used this but if I understand correctly, it was overpowered. Thank you for nerfing things that are overpowered and making an effort to keep things balanced in the game.

10. Scarlet Spear ETA

Looking forward to it.

Where is pet's 3.0? Please allow us to quickly switch pets when switching Warframe loadouts, just like we can with Sentinels and Moas. 

Edited by Flying_Scorpion
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

1. Impact Damage:
Impact damage will now have an accumulating effect that can stack on enemies, leading to a large stagger and additional chance to have a Parazon Finisher animation available. In brief, these changes are:

• Each stack of Impact Status creates a slightly bigger stagger effect until a heavy stagger occurs at 5 stacks.
  • Each stack of Impact Status increases the chance of a Parazon Finisher move by 10%, available when the enemy falls below the required health threshold.

Would you consider allowing the Impact caused parazon finisher without the required health threshold? 

I always appreciated impact but have never seen my parazon as a weapon because its damage potential is overshadowed by simply forgetting its there and hitting the target again.  I'm not itching to use the "on kill" mods either.  My argument is I think impact will need something more than a stagger lock to keep up with the other elements.

I thought Lockdown was broken on release and the fact its been left in the game in the state until now is the real problem.  Yea, I use it before I lose it.  Don't remove the damage since only two mines can go off at a time anyway.  OR am I going to find out that maybe on-command-%max health damage shouldn't be in anyone's tool kit?  Cause it shouldn't, but it has been.  Make it current health damage or something, although that is not going to silence the soloists who would assume they would always have the years old tool.  Never mind.  Maybe fix the event instead of changing the tool?

My current opinion of daggers is that they are all bad, having no purpose without covert lethality since they are outclassed by other, heavier, weapons.  Rakta Dark Dagger similarly had no purpose, and I built one for Ash before Melee 3.  No, I don't think it should be cheesing the shield gate mechanic.  No, You should not nerf it without throwing it a bone.  Lets talk about Brief Respite.

Balancing Scarlet Spear seems to be quite the preoccupation in the studio.  Do you want to talk about it?

Edited by Sahysa
I couldn't keep silent
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

So after breaking things that DID do knockdown via blast status effects, you still keep impact staggers and don't fix the broken things. 

Do I have to be a broken record like I did about beam buffs til you did it?

Edited by HyokaChan
  • Like 6

Decent tweeks, although:

I feel like Lock-Down should have had it's damage reduced rather than removed; I mean, you literally had an arcane to synergise with it, before you made viral stack it.

As for the lich change, that seems to just be making the easiest/simplest part of the whole chain massively easier, while keeping all the difficult/RNG-heavy/artificially-time-consuming parts the same.

• Like 3

First off, thank you for sharing this these things with the community ahead of release.  It's almost unheard of for a developer to do so and I love that you do these things.

My suggestions...

1. Impact... Please make the required health threshold high, like damaged to 80% of max health (read: 20% of max health damage has been dealt).

Why: The parazon finisher animation already takes up so much time that in a fast paced game like Warframe, I don't see people using it much even if there is no health threshold whatsoever.  Plus, if we need to get their health to between 25% and 0%, there will be almost no weapons and mod setups that can possibly do that reliably.

It is an interesting mechanic and I'd love if it actually made sense to use in gameplay. I understand the desire to not have us cheese level 5000 enemies by just getting a one shot max impact proc and having that be all there is to it though.  I feel like you should err on the side of it actually being relevant to people that don't go 5 hours long in an endurance mission though.

6. Magus Lockdown... Please keep at least SOME damage on it, but make it a modest, flat damage value per tether.  It's only fair.

Why:

You may not realize it, but the damage from this magus arcane is used in Eidolon hunting to kill lures and vomvalysts.  Right now people are spending a lot of time and resources (energy pads and such) trying to do solo 5x3's, and they may even be able to do solo 6x3's.  This is an exciting time in Eidolon hunting and this change would be a gut punch and take the wind out of the sails of many in the Eidolon hunting community.  And I feel that neglect of small but loyal pockets of the larger Warframe community is one of the things REALLY hurting the attitudes of players.

It's also a RADICAL nerf, the kind that will MASSIVELY piss of many in the community, and you REALLY don't need that right now.  I understand not wanting to allow us to kill level 5000 infested with two void dashes.  Totally get that THAT is WAY to overpowered.  But I think it is fair to leave it tuned so that it can at least kill most star chart enemies one to three at a time.  Maybe target something like being able to kill a level 30 corrupted heavy gunner if all tethers are attached only to it, and adjust based on player feedback?

Leaving in the functionality that is mostly used (dealing noticeable but not excessive damage to the enemies you normally see in normal missions) is fair and will reduce the backlash from the community.

9. Rakta Dark Dagger... Please leave this as it currently is in the current live version, or as an alternative nerf, simply reduce the rate at which shields are added back per the passive.

Why: Giving it a cooldown between when your shield breaks and when you get to have any form of shield regen encourages us to just switch to void mode and do nothing for a few seconds every single time our shield breaks.  This passive was a way to remain more active without having to worry as much about getting one shot.  This nerf to the passive does not constitute better gameplay.  I do feel the passive may be too strong given that only one weapon gets to have it (maybe we could get a mod, arcane, exodia, etc that has similar functionality?), but I don't think this is the way to address it.

• Like 4

Magus lockdown gets a buff after the rank 5 shenanigan, and not even a month after you Nerf it? Obviously it's to slow down the progression of the scarlet spear event.

Corona Working From Home GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 11

While i get the Lockdown change and i think it is fine to make it weaker, i think remaining a little bit of damage (maybe not percentile but flat dame) would make it so it could still be used in eidolon fights to a small extend, pls consider these small changes to make it not completly unusable for eidilon fights. I think for normal missions the focus on cc is fine (though i think 3 mines at a time would be a bit better and still balanced)

• Like 2

vor 40 Minuten schrieb eboomer:

6. Magus Lockdown... Please keep at least SOME damage on it, but make it a modest, flat damage value per tether.  It's only fair.

Why:

You may not realize it, but the damage from this magus arcane is used in Eidolon hunting to kill lures and vomvalysts.  Right now people are spending a lot of time and resources (energy pads and such) trying to do solo 5x3's, and they may even be able to do solo 6x3's.  This is an exciting time in Eidolon hunting and this change would be a gut punch and take the wind out of the sails of many in the Eidolon hunting community.  And I feel that neglect of small but loyal pockets of the larger Warframe community is one of the things REALLY hurting the attitudes of players.

It's also a RADICAL nerf, the kind that will MASSIVELY piss of many in the community, and you REALLY don't need that right now.  I understand not wanting to allow us to kill level 5000 infested with two void dashes.  Totally get that THAT is WAY to overpowered.  But I think it is fair to leave it tuned so that it can at least kill most star chart enemies one to three at a time.  Maybe target something like being able to kill a level 30 corrupted heavy gunner if all tethers are attached only to it, and adjust based on player feedback?

Leaving in the functionality that is mostly used (dealing noticeable but not excessive damage to the enemies you normally see in normal missions) is fair and will reduce the backlash from the community.

Yeah i agree with you that these changes eem a bit too much, tbh i even would be fine if they made it so it could only do damage to vomvalysts and lures, though a bit more then it can do now if you can only have 2 mines at a time. Lets hope they realise that this would be really bad for the eidolon community. This would also remove one of the only places in warfame where you (or at least I) can feel like there is an actual skill requirement to perfectly chain together specofic actions

• Like 4