Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 3!

SilverBones

I don't want to put on my tinfoil hat, but lets not kid ourselves. The reason for the Lockdown nerfs _now_ is so blatantly obvious. It is incredibly strong against Sentients. DE wants to do another endurance event and is now looking left and right for abilities and synergies that could be used to cheese it. They indirectly stated just that when talking about the event rewards during the last dev stream and in this very thread here on the "Why" for the Grendel change. I'm just waiting for them to announce (or just do it stealthily) some nerfs to Limbo and Revenant.

7 minutes ago, NeoR0man1a said:

I have one more question , how is possible magus lockdown wipe entire waves of elite sanctuary onslaught , if operator and warframes  CANT USE GEAR ITEMS.

If you Void Dash through an enemy, you get back some energy. Some skill in the Naramon tree, I forgot the name, increases the width of your Dash, allowing to hit more enemies at once. So you can dash like a madman, getting back lots of energy. Also Lockdown makes enemies not attack you, so you can leave Void mode and regenerate energy, which is very fast if you unlocked the Zenurik way-bounds.

Il y a 19 heures, [DE]Bear a dit :

5. Foundry Crafting Time Change:

In an effort to help maintain some building consistency, we have reduced the build time for Forma, Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, and Exilus Adaptors to 23 hours (as opposed to 24) as per player request.

Why: 
When building Forma or another similar item, having a 24-hour limit meant that players who signed on at a regular time would see some delays in when an item was ready. We wanted to be respectful of a player’s playing time, and by making it 23 hours, they can grab their completed item and start another build without upsetting their routine. P.S don’t forget about the Mobile app!

De doing the least possible.

No make them take 6 hours or 5 hours to allow us to craft more.

7 minutes ago, IsaiahtheAvenger said:

Personally, due to how shield gating works now, Hildryn needs some sort of new passive buff since this has nerfed her.

How is this a nerf to her? Hildryn's shield gating is still better than regular ones, 3 seconds of invulnerability and overshields protects her health from statuses that bypasses shields. So i'm confused here, where is the nerf? I don't want her passive to change since it's fine as it is. Thos 3 seconds of invulnerability is a life saver at times.

While we're looking at broken inconsistencies. A lot of enemies have really nonsensical crowd control immunities. Sentient battalysts for example can be permanently stunlocked by an excalibur mashing blind but Khora's ensnare only effects one sentient and doesn't spread too the others as it should, meanwhile Vauban's bastille doesn't even slow them down. I don't get the intention behind all these weird special cases.

More here:

18 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

The video about it makes it seem like you need two full squads. Is this going to have matchmaking or do you need organized groups?

Wish you had done this in the same patch where you more than doubled the cost of maxing them all. A lot of us probably went and re-maxed the one we were using just weeks before you nerfed it into the ground. 

There is only 1 rule

Nothing is sacred

20 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:
  • Each stack of Impact Status increases the chance of a Parazon Finisher move by 10%, available when the enemy falls below the required health threshold.

The 5% threshold where the enemy is already dead by now needs to be changed too

4 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

How is this a nerf to her? Hildryn's shield gating is still better than regular ones, 3 seconds of invulnerability and overshields protects her health from statuses that bypasses shields. So i'm confused here, where is the nerf? I don't want her passive to change since it's fine as it is. Thos 3 seconds of invulnerability is a life saver at times.

Well now that everyone can do a little bit of what Hildryn can do, it makes her passive seem less unique in comparison. So maybe "nerf" isn't the right word, maybe it just irks me that Hildryn's shield gating also doesn't stand out that much and isn't so special anymore. I'm not asking for it to be removed at all though, just slightly tweaked in some ways that makes her more special. 

11 minutes ago, IsaiahtheAvenger said:

Well now that everyone can do a little bit of what Hildryn can do, it makes her passive seem less unique in comparison. So maybe "nerf" isn't the right word, maybe it just irks me that Hildryn's shield gating also doesn't stand out that much and isn't so special anymore. I'm not asking for it to be removed at all though, just slightly tweaked in some ways that makes her more special.

She uses her shields for abilities. This makes Hildryn special.

21 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

6. Magus Lockdown Changes:
We are making some changes to Magus Lockdown that will keep it as a tactical option over the ‘do-everything’ solution. Here are the changes coming with the Scarlet Spear update:

• Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.
  • The amount of active Tether Mines is now limited to 2 per player (with 10 Tethers a piece at rank 5). This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first Tether Mine will stop, and the new Tether Mine will take its place.
  • Magus Lockdown no longer affects the Golden Maw due to the Arcane killing the Maw and preventing Quest completion. This also fixes a script error that was causing some problems when the Golden Maw is encountered.

Why:
Magus Lockdown has a reputation for being the CC and Damage meta, and after some review, it is not hard to see why. There are cases where Magus Lockdown has wiped entire waves of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught without the need for a weapon or a Warframe power and that is not what we had in mind for the design of this.

As an operator player, I'm realy excited for this change. The true potential of the power of the void demon was ovwershadowed by a ridicuously OP arcane. CC was always the main use for this, thank you for this.

2 hours ago, NeoR0man1a said:

I have one more question , how is possible magus lockdown wipe entire waves of elite sanctuary onslaught , if operator and warframes  CANT USE GEAR ITEMS.

because it's an arcane and not a gear item. LMAO You can spam it to all hell and back... which is what DE is removing along with the scaling DMG

Alright, cool, here's my feedback:

1- Ok good, no more knockdown on IPS, that's good. But will the knockdown or ragdoll effects remain in select abilities such as Ember's "Fire Blast"? Those still have a use and are sparse enough and controllable enough to not be a nuisance.

2- Ok good, seems ok. But will the persisting Gas proc after death be tied to the corpse of the affected enemy? If so, will stuff that consumes corpses like Nekro's "Desecrate" interact badly with this new system?

3- Ok yeah, I guess. Buffs to old, underused mods are always good.

4- Alright yeah ok. Will this also lead to enabling specific Status procs on certain bosses that couldn't be affected by status at all before? Like Lephantis or Sargas Ruk?

5- Ah there it is. Oh how MAGNANIMOUS DE is for reducing the crafting times of day-long foundry items by a single hour… woah indeed. Could you sense the sarcasm there? Because I meant it. Just reduce anything that has a building time of 1 day or more by 50% of the required time and we would be much better off. Either that or add some sort of Dojo Foundry for clan members to use with 1 item at a time to be built at half the time required, that way giving players a way to build stuff within the clan AND give a new reason to even be in a clan at all.

6- Well, to be perfectly honest, I stopped using Magus Lockdown after I found out Magus Anomaly was better in all aspects. The massive percent damage from before was odd, but a welcome feature, never really had an issue with that. I would personally raise the limit of lockdown mines to 3 to match the base number of void dashes without any boosts. Other than that, it's ok, I guess. Not great, not by a long shot, but ok.

7- Ok yeah, cool. Hungry-hungry Grendel is fine with the buff selector feature, yeah, same thing to solve Titania's problem. No issue there. About the grenade eating, will that add some sort of special effect to his "Regurgitate" ability? Like shooting a higher damage, explosive fireball or something. And beyond just grenades, can that effect also apply when eating explosive enemies like Volatile Runners? That would actually be a nice aesthetic touch to it, in my opinion.

8- Alright, yeah, this is good. But my biggest issue with Titania right now is more of the high-speed collisions with the environment when on Razorwing. Mind just removing the stagger on collisions from her so it plays more smoothly? Not the shields hit, that's not the issue, just the stagger.

9- Meh, ok I guess.

10- Right, I was actually expecting it this week, since it was mentioned and shown practically done on the Devstream, but whatever. It better be worth the wait.

13 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

It is disgusting that North Wind is the only elemental mod with a different polarity with no reason. It makes it even harder to switch builds, especially on Exalted Weapons because of mod capacity limitation provided by the lack of a stance mod.

That's the point. Making the choice semi-permanent makes it more meaningful, in DE's mind. In reality, of course, it just makes it more obnoxious.

no removal of that insane scale up on eating a person? kind of a pain to have to fully regurgitate and lose my armor buff because 2 people end up draining 100 energy/ sec.
I'd much rather see a steeper /person that way i can actually USE the armor buff instead of having it more of a detroment after 30 seconds.

19 minutes ago, Zoh_Veldae said:
8- Alright, yeah, this is good. But my biggest issue with Titania right now is more of the high-speed collisions with the environment when on Razorwing. Mind just removing the stagger on collisions from her so it plays more smoothly? Not the shields hit, that's not the issue, just the stagger.

You can use spellbind to ignore collisions. This is not a problem since the damage from the collision was removed. Please don't deprive us of the only thing left that really requires the ability to fly and react to objects.

18 hours ago, SaidTheRogue said:

NOOOOOO dont change titania passive, it was already thematically correct. healing is great but getting shot significantly more often just doesnt jive. plus, the healing wont be as much as you seem to assume, as titania are you constantly spamming your stuff? no.. and the whole 'nearby allies' thing, we all know thats a rather short range.

but it cant be a long range, as that'd be OP. leave the healing to the healers, imo..

keep the rest but change the passive back to the accuracy related and she'd be worth picking up for most people, i'd say =D

@[DE]Bear =D no seriously, losing the original passive on titania seems a little fruity. healing? play trin. "nearby" allies? we all know that isnt worth much. at all. meanwhile enemies finding it harder to hit a flying small-dog sized target makes more sense =]

6 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

@[DE]Bear =D no seriously, losing the original passive on titania seems a little fruity. healing? play trin. "nearby" allies? we all know that isnt worth much. at all. meanwhile enemies finding it harder to hit a flying small-dog sized target makes more sense =]

22 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

NOTE: The personal Titania Parkour Boost is staying, just the communal Trampoline isn't.

Nobody loses anything. Titania will still be able to move quickly, while the allies almost never used a passive Titania. Another point is that healing is useful for razorfly even with a small value, because razorfly have little HP, but a lot of armor.

Maybe the problem with razorfly will go away if razorfly becomes more resilient.

The magus lockdown change is quite strange. Why nerf something that isn't that easy to get? You still need a good operator build for it to work. And getting all the focus schools maxed out is quite a long process. There's always gonna be a meta, no matter what, you can't change that. And ESO isn't even a place to measure that kind of stuff. ESO is a leveling area, nothing else, if that was the intention I don't know, but that's how it is. Start creating high end levels, dungeons even raid, where we can get all the powerful items like lockdown for instance. Create a place where one can measure their strength, cause the game doesn't have one except endurance runs, and even then the game's not made for you to sit 10h in a survival mission. The new operation coming out is a good direction for the game, cause it could make harder content a lot easier to create. Ignoring arcanes and putting them into the operation is not that good either, because eidolons are not worth farming then. Why not build around something like the ropalolyst? Quality boss mechanics and building around the movement of the game could prove quite potential. There's just so much to build around. But please, put powerful items into difficult missions and end content, it's gonna make everything different. Introduce new and meaningful gear that the players can chase for. I'm always for diversity and want underused stuff to be back on top. Things need to change from time to time to make the game feel exciting and new. You could've just removed the damage from the tether on lockdown and made it into a cc arcane. Maybe I'm totally wrong and some of the stuff proves quite useful. I'm not saying something that hasn't already been said, but still, makes me sad not to see some of that stuff in a game that I love with all my heart and I know would prove to be awesome and fun for players.                            

I like the proposed change to Impact, I really do, but if it only increases the chance for Parazon finisher, at the health it would have appeared anyway, then it is likely to be useless. I see no issue in letting Impact procs increase the likelihood of parazon prompt REGARDLESS of enemy health, minus liches and other bosses of course. I mean, Excalibur, Inaros, Ivara, etc., can bring enemies into finishers with a single button, and while parazon is not the same as melee finisher, I think incentivizing a combination of Impact status and Parazon mods would allow for more diverse gameplay and builds.

Thanx for these updates, I go crazy without knowing whats being worked on lol.   If I could push the Dev team do one thing I would choose to have you guys UNLOCK all the buttons in the "ability menu" so we can assign gear wheel stuff to them.   This would DRASTICALLY improve console play and anyone on PC who uses controllers.   For example being able to press R1(ability menu) + L2 = archwing  or R1+R2 = k-drive.  Or R1+up = archgun.   Etc.   Instead of only being able to open gear wheel and laggily pick the thing you want with a stick.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lichs are in a great place, athought there is still a few tweaks that could help alot.  (better weapon picking when killing larva,  larva acceptance confirmation pop up, kuva amounts, Better fusion where upgrades are never lost)

Railjack still has a ton of issues though.  (avionic odds,  Slingshot breakage, tactical menu from seats, seeing avionic ranks/max ranks everywhere,  PERMISSION SYSTEM. Forge resources not marked in space, Intrinsics Lv 8+ effects,  End of mission squad seperation options )   I know Railjack is being worked on alot for the future but alot of this stuff should be hammered out while its small and contained instead of 2 factions.

A bazillion pet deaths in RJ, Lichs, and some people are saying the rest of the game in general because of status debuffing enemy accuracy.  

--------------

Cant really think of any other bug  affecting my playtime outside of lich/rj lol.  I dont really see it but  host-client desync.   I dont know if you can tackle that.  But the lag beween host and clients messing up ESO progress UI or Disruptions rewards/ui or Fissure rewards.  

22 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

9. Rakta Dark Dagger
The passive bonus which grants Shields when attacking an enemy afflicted with the Radiation Status has been tweaked to work with Shield Gating. Now the bonus will only apply if you have shields active.

I do not understand. It hasn't become meta, it hasn't become OP in any sense whatsoever. Regardless of what it can do, it hasn't made anyone in my clan start using it over things that actually kill really really well with lots of range. 

If my shields are gone... will shield restores give me them? Yes. Is there any difference (other than one is a hotkey and one is actually defeating enemies in melee combat and not using heavy attacks only and slide attacks only)? No. One weapon, which IMO already needs to also have the Gleaming Blight augment, and isn't even a room clearer does not deserve this kind of scrutiny. Sorry, Iit just makes no sense to me whatsoever. 

Shields go out > you happen to recharge them faster than the "x" seconds you'd normally have to wait, all because you're playing the game, so "poof" you'll get .00000005 seconds of invincibility again when they go out? Game breaking. At least we don't have frames that can decimate entire maps leaving people with nothing to do do/kill anyways, or frames which we can hide in operator mode doing nothing while the frame kills everything.

This was never going to be meta, there was no reason to do this. I've been using this thing since long before Melee 2.987777 was even a pipe-dream. And this sucks. 

with status proc stacking, i wouldnt mind stagger from impact procs if theres a much better proc at max stacks, for example, at max impact stacks, the enemy is stunned/dazed/concussed, make it look like they are asleep and rooted in place, that would encourages player to proc impact because at max stacks, they would land more headshots

Archived