Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 3!

SilverBones

I'm curious at to what % of the player base actually uses rakta dark dagger and magus lockdown. How many people have put in the time and effort to max standing at Vox Solaris and Red Veil. Doubt it's 5%. Who are the nerfs meant to impact here? These changes will not effect the vast majority of people that play this game.

Rakta Dark Dagger has stupid low cc/cd and abysmal dispo. It's a niche utility melee. At lower levels enemies die before you can proc rad damage on them and restore your shields. At those lvls it's not even needed. At higher lvls it lacks cc/cd to be highly effective and the overshields it provides are gone in 1 hit anyways. 

I almost never see people using magus lockdown in regular gameplay. As a matter of fact I almost never see people using operator. Except in kuva siphon missions or at the start of a mission for some energy from energizing dash. I don't see it as a rampant problem that needs to be nerfed. 

Changing stuff like this in the name of balance is completely unnecessary in a pve game. Who cares if a few people use this stuff to cheese never ending missions. It has no overall effect on how you play the game. I just see it as a step in the wrong direction. You take unique items and make them bland and ineffective. I would rather see more weapons with quirky bonuses like Rakta Dark Dagger, Sancti Magistar, Telos Bolace, Skiajati, Zenistar, Heliocor, Arca Titron, Dark Split-Sword, Pyrana Prime, Arca Scisco, Zakti. We have plenty of weapons to choose from. Would be nice to see the infested and corpus weapons get the same kind of quirks that syndicate weapons have. Bringing the other arcanes up to par with lockdown  so that lockdown does not feel like the only option would be amazing. I appreciate all the work that goes into the game but instead of bring the outliers down to baseline how about providing more interesting viable options. 

On 2020-03-20 at 8:09 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Status Chance Mods:
With all the changes to Status effects, we have made a broad increase to Status Chance mods, increasing them dramatically. There are a few other mods that required a buff, however. The exact numbers can be found below:

• Increased Hammer Shot Status Chance from 40% to 80%.
  • Increased Shattering Justice Status Chance from 20% to 90%. In addition, this buff has been changed from an additive chance to a multiplicative chance.
  • Increased Stunning Speed Status Chance from 10% to 30%.

Shattering Justice is already +20% multiplicative. This was a change that was not in the patch notes, so I'm assuming you don't know it was already changed or perhaps it was an error when status numbers were changed.

As for the planned change, 90% of 16.2% is less than a flat 20% bonus. Shotgun Savvy is much easier to get than Shattering Justice, and the syndicate proc isn't really going to sell that grind. I'd suggest making the Augment do something more interesting.

6. Magus Lockdown Changes:
We are making some changes to Magus Lockdown that will keep it as a tactical option over the ‘do-everything’ solution. Here are the changes coming with the Scarlet Spear update:

• Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.
  • The amount of active Tether Mines is now limited to 2 per player (with 10 Tethers a piece at rank 5). This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first Tether Mine will stop, and the new Tether Mine will take its place.
  • Magus Lockdown no longer affects the Golden Maw due to the Arcane killing the Maw and preventing Quest completion. This also fixes a script error that was causing some problems when the Golden Maw is encountered.

congratulations on killing arcane

35 minutes ago, dragonquest said:

6. Magus Lockdown Changes:
We are making some changes to Magus Lockdown that will keep it as a tactical option over the ‘do-everything’ solution. Here are the changes coming with the Scarlet Spear update:

• Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.
  • The amount of active Tether Mines is now limited to 2 per player (with 10 Tethers a piece at rank 5). This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first Tether Mine will stop, and the new Tether Mine will take its place.
  • Magus Lockdown no longer affects the Golden Maw due to the Arcane killing the Maw and preventing Quest completion. This also fixes a script error that was causing some problems when the Golden Maw is encountered.

congratulations on killing arcane

Wow literately on the heals of the" Hey, lets make everyone upgrade to R5" then lets make it USELESS, consider time transference delay and removal of all damage ...  everyone stop playing what ever frame /operator style your playing  Saryn is NOW your only option..  ... Thanks DE... magus lockdown to OP.. Really?..Compared to a Saryn.

On another tangent when modular arch wing hits what will happen to the old archwings?

and what will happen to the forma investment and time to rank it up  ? Will i just be out the 5 forma and my time?

On 2020/3/21 at 午前3時9分, [DE]Bear said:

9. Rakta Dark Dagger
The passive bonus which grants Shields when attacking an enemy afflicted with the Radiation Status has been tweaked to work with Shield Gating. Now the bonus will only apply if you have shields active.

Why:
This is a balance pass after shield gating was introduced. With the new system, shields would tick in, defeating the new delay set by the Shield gate. This change simply makes sure you are getting the same buffs without abusing the new Shield system.

Shield gating provides an invincibility time of about 1.25 seconds, but once used, the invincibility time drops to about 0.3 seconds until recharge is completed.
If you get an overshield before the recharge is completed, the invincibility time of the shield gating will remain about 0.3 seconds.
To recover the invincibility time of shield gating, you need to wait for the recharge to complete or accumulate the overshield to the maximum value.

Due to this specification, Rakta Dark Dagger still does not form a solid build. Weapon status is not very good, so shield builds based on this weapon are one of the player's choices but not meta.

In other words, any further weakening will only reduce the player's options.

There should be operator loadouts. Before we get more nerfs consider that people stick with best stuff for longer playtime not just because the thing was overpowered but because other, more situational things take time swapping before and after mission you use them in, which often nullifies their benefit for many people if it was done for a short mission.

19 hours ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Magus lockdown gets a buff after the rank 5 shenanigan, and not even a month after you Nerf it? Obviously it's to slow down the progression of the scarlet spear event.

Corona Working From Home GIF by MOODMAN

11 hours ago, HyokaChan said:

This quote only works in the context of the forma QOL change, but I really need to call you out on this because if you consider everything else you've done to us, the answer is a resounding:

No, you do not.

By making arcanes require more to reach the maximum effect, you nerfed a lot of things that required the previous max rank to work well (which is, all of the "% chance to resist [status effect here]" arcanes). Now anyone who used it is required to grind more for no real reason, because the original meaning was to nerf double arcane energize but you blanket struck EVERYBODY.

You massively changed status effects and how mods work, but gave us no forma to play around with or catalysts to send us out looking for new weapons to try. All high-impact precision weapons can go into the bin (or require negative impact rivens) because impact status just means "inconsistency". Knell is a special case because you only need one headshot and any others can easily be spray & pray.

You just did a double-nerf on the most used Magus arcane for endurance and other high-level content.

Zenistar, a weapon rewarded to players for their time, was nerfed to the ground in melee 3.0, another weapon used in high-level content.

Still want to say you are respectful of your player's playing time?

So, No?

On 2020-03-20 at 1:09 PM, [DE]Bear said:

5. Foundry Crafting Time Change:
In an effort to help maintain some building consistency, we have reduced the build time for Forma, Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, and Exilus Adaptors to 23 hours (as opposed to 24) as per player request.

This is so insignificant why'd you even bother DE? just to troll the player base and get a kick out of it?

Very short feedback from observation:
Just finished testing most of my weapons, changing builds, testing every single one against the max I can test in sim (140) and in real missions.
Before this update in raw stats most of my weapons were 50% corrosive based, 30% viral based and 10% gas based builds.
After this update 80% of my weapons are viral based and 20% are corrosive.

These changes to the Magus Lockdown are a joke, aren't they? What kind of excuse is this? Eliminate entire waves from the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught? I do not know if you play the game itself, but this is an appeal, I am not saying that the arcane is not strong, but this story was already absurd.

Pls for the love of god reduce the crafting time of the forma and the potatos to like atleast an hour, formas are one of the most needed item of a veteran player, and it just sucks if i get a weapon that i want to fully max build, forma it like 3 or 4 times, but then discover that im out of formas, then farm formas and the each day just forma the weapon and the just wait for another day just to forma it and max lvl it again. Crafting time is kinda a good feature but it is so goddamn annoying if I don't always have time to keep an i on the WF app or don't have the plat to rush it.

Something I'd like to add that's not direct fedbacjk

I'm very glad that you're continuing to check on Revised. I very much hope that, in between bits of New War content and everything else that's down the pipeline, you continue to chop, change and generally fix Warframe's failing foundations. Everything that's been done is so positive, even if it's not all together yet.

Warframe's been needing this kind of attention for a while. Please, keep doing what you've been doing.

With reduction in the maximal number of status procs, what is going to happen to some gimmicky but interesting and unique weapons like Acrid, for example, which relies on multiple toxin procs to do damage?

Specifically for the Magus lockdown nerf (which may have been warranted) it would be nice if it actually pulled enemies in - like Vaubans tetherminesl.

With the changes it is now a pure CC ability , could we get a bit more utility out of it atleast.

I would also like to point out that i do wish you would not have made these changes after you changed the arcanes needed to reach max rank in the earlier update, it is a bit disappointing that i used up almost the entirety of Vox standing to max an arcane only to see it not longer be what i paid for.

Feels scummy - especially since the arcane has been around for a very long time and the recent changes were very minute from an effect perspective - there is no way you did not know how powerful the arcane was earlier before you introduced the first arcane change.

So i have just played around a bit with Magus Lockdown and used in the way it would work with this patch (so only ever having 2 mines at a time) with these changes i actually think the damage can stay the same, like it would take me at least a minute to kill lvl 165 Bombards with this compared to i donno any other weapon that can do the same thing inless then half the time or a lot of warframes that can do the same in a 10th of the time. Dont get me wrong i do think Lockdown needed to change in its current iteration it is too strong, but with the proposed change to only 3 mines at a time, it would already solve the problem of killing everything in a really small amount of time while also being invincible. And if this small amount of Dps would stay, the arcane wouldstill be good in eidolon fights, which in my humble opinion should be the most importent place where it needs to work as it is the only place in the game where you made operator combat relevant. And if you still think it would do too much damage pls at least consider making it only deal damage to lures and vomvalysts on the planes of eidolon.

Hope you guys are all safe and cozy at your homes, while im looking forward to what you guys are bringing us next ❤️

Archived