Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 3!

SilverBones

30 minutes ago, Vanhline said:

next week from dev steam 140 would be this week. 

just want clarification its not coming this week. 

The wording threw me for a second as well until I read it a few times, I'll quote and highlight:

54 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

“We are hoping to release Scarlet Spear soon, possibly next week, but the release date may slip depending on how quickly we can translate to work-from-home. It will come in March for sure [on PC], which week of March remains to be seen!'”  Scarlet Spear is indeed launching next week on PC! Consoles soon! 

2 minutes ago, rstripn said:

The wording threw me for a second as well until I read it a few times, I'll quote and highlight

you missed the very next line for bolding

58 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Scarlet Spear is indeed launching next week on PC! Consoles soon! 

This should remove doubt that it would launch the week of March 30-31st. (Assuming its not delayed further)

5 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

Neither are staggers. Please, remove staggers from Impact; swap Impact and Blast procs. And you really need to revisit Viral, before people are not too accustomed to it.

At this point I think I'm pretty certain that they really, really, really don't want Blast to be an AoE CC.

My guess is this: making Impact stacking stronger and stronger staggers would mean if it were on Blast we'd be able to stunlock entire rooms; with it on Impact we are for the most part limited to single-target stunlock.

22 minutes ago, MKC-DEADLOCK said:

Have you heard of enemies not being able to shoot you, cuz you just ate them?

Why are you keeping enemies in your gut when there's no enemies to fight? Don't spend energy on nothing.

Grendel does not have energy problems. People have problems managing his energy.

2 minutes ago, rstripn said:

At this point I think I'm pretty certain that they really, really, really don't want Blast to be an AoE CC.

Not what I suggested: Impact does what Blast does right now - accuracy debuff; Blast works like Impact described in OP

17 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

Neither are staggers. Please, remove staggers from Impact; swap Impact and Blast procs. And you really need to revisit Viral, before people are not too accustomed to it.

I honestly don't think the people making up these new status effects know that stagger is absolute negative in dps. It should only exist to gate a huge positive. The parazon finisher thing needs to be changed to something extremely overpowered to warrant having to deal with stagger effects.

50 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

6. Magus Lockdown Changes:
We are making some changes to Magus Lockdown that will keep it as a tactical option over the ‘do-everything’ solution. Here are the changes coming with the Scarlet Spear update:

• Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.
  • The amount of active Tethers is now limited to 2 per player. This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first tether will stop, and the new tether will take its place.
  • Magus Lockdown no longer affects the Golden Maw due to the Arcane killing the Maw and preventing Quest completion. This also fixes a script error that was causing some problems when the Golden Maw is encountered.

Soooo...

Operator Rework soon?

Please?

PLEASE?

Seriously, void damage is the worst damage type in the game, the worst status effect in the game (simultaneously being good enough at its job to frustrate precise aim but not good enough to actually synergise between Operator and Warframe) and they lack pretty much anything cool for themselves, which is strange given their role in the story. Even their idles don't show them messing around with their powers.

15 minutes ago, Midas said:

I would highly advise adjusting/toning down viral @[DE]Bear It is currently outshining every status or is required along with an additional status.

The issue isn't viral. The issue is that the only relevant enemies in this game are armored ones, and everything else is litteral trash. What works better against armored enemies is Viral and Slash. So Viral and Slash work against litterally anything. The issue isn't only Viral. It's the fact armor scales when it shouldnt and HPs don't scale enough.

40 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

This makes sense.

This doesn't.

Magus Lockdown needed a nerf since it was way too good at both damage at CC. If you're removing its ability to do damage, then... why are you heavily nerfing its CC as well? Time spent in Operator form is time spent not doing damage in your frame, and a 4-second CC within 15m really isn't worth this time if it's not at least spammable.

If Lockdown must be nerfed to 2 tethers per player, then the tether duration should be significantly increased to compensate. 

No. You shouldn't be able to spam 5 to CC the entire tileset. It was brain-dead, and good riddance.

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Bear:

Why:
Magus Lockdown has a reputation for being the CC and Damage meta, and after some review, it is not hard to see why. There are cases where Magus Lockdown has wiped entire waves of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught without the need for a weapon or a Warframe power and that is not what we had in mind for the design of this.

So this is just flat out wrong. What kind of damage meta cant even solo ESO? You claim it's overpowered but the only time it matters is for endurance runs because % damage doesnt make it broken before some super high level. Instead of trying to make all arcanes useless how about you instead buff aggressivly useless ones like magus cloud, overload, melt, accelerant, destruct and all the other useless ones? If you want to keep some of the magus literal garbage, then dont try to balance around them aswell. So after trying it out it's actually very hard to see why Lockdown is supposed to be CC and Damage meta (i'm not calling it bad, just not meta).

The reason people only use a few magus is because most of them are just flat out trash.

Unfortunately there is no mention about removing AoE fall-off ranges. You need to remove them, otherwise there is no point in even having the weapon be called AoE if it only does damage on the point of impact. Ogris was made completely useless by this, Staticor charged shot is completely worthless now. The weapons that didnt have self damage were only nerfed by this. Is that what you wanted? Should we just throw guns in the trash can and just use melee weapons? Bramma was one of the only guns that were able to compete with the powerhouse that are melee weapons. You should have buffed other AoE weapons up to the level of the bramma, not nerf them out of the window. The tonkor history wouldnt have repeated because that was also because of a tonkor bug and there were no other good options. Now we have good options and bramma would have been one of them.

13 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

No. You shouldn't be able to spam 5 to CC the entire tileset. It was brain-dead, and good riddance.

Lockdown's CC has a small-ish radius, it has a max enemy count per cast, it needs to be aimed, you aren't dealing damage while casting, and each cast has all the duration of a single allergic sneeze.

In terms of CC potency, Magus Lockdown can already be outdone by numerous CC abilities or any weapon with Radiation. After the nerf, it will also be outdone by any build that contains a single Aero mod-- two of which are Exilus mods, and two of which can be placed on a Sentinel weapon.

It really, really doesn't need a nerf.

1 hour ago, [DE]Bear said:

The amount of active Tethers is now limited to 2 per player. This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first tether will stop, and the new tether will take its place.

Can you specify whether or not you meant the tether mines or the tethers themselves?

Magus Lockdown needed the damage nerf. But the nerf to the CC is way to heavy handed. Please consider revoking the 2 mine limit or increasing the lockdown timer to something like 6 seconds. The CC just does not last long enough so you have to resort to spamming dash 4 or 5 times to get a crowd control you can actually work with, if your host has poor latency, lockdown is almost unusable if not for being able to spam lockdown. limiting it to 2 mines will kill the arcane.

3. Status Chance Mods:
With all the changes to Status effects, we have made a broad increase to Status Chance mods, increasing them dramatically. There are a few other mods that required a buff, however. The exact numbers can be found below:

• Increased Hammer Shot Status Chance from 40% to 80%.
  • Increased Shattering Justice Status Chance from 20% to 90%. In addition, this buff has been changed from an additive chance to a multiplicative chance.
  • Increased Stunning Speed Status Chance from 10% to 30%.

Why: 
As we stated before in previous Warframe Revised posts, Status Chance got a buff when changes were made to how Status stacks are delivered. This is simply covering a few more Mods to bring them in line with the new balance

What about Drifting Contact?

Each stack of Impact Status increases the chance of a Parazon Finisher move by 10%, available when the enemy falls below the required health threshold.

Remove the health threshold. Enemies die too fast to wait for impact procs AND a health drop. Also remove stagger, instead have it so the procs just build/add up and stagger the enemy onto their knee in one go once enough procs have built up. This would leave them open to finishers (like thrall). Unlike thrall, you can add a timer to normal enemies so they get up again if not mercy killed.

If you want to be real nice, when on their knees enemies can only be killed by parazons. This opens up actually modding your parazon to work for you in missions.

4 big problems with shield gate remain:

Sentinels and pets dont have shield gate(and maybe allies or specters, I didnt test)

Arbitration drones are super bad under shield drone, they should be unable to get shields instead.

Conclave needs to get rid of shield gating, you definitely forgot this.

When shields skip past 100% into overshield the full gate isnt reached until exactly full shield or full overshield is reached.(and hildryn was super gimped because her passive was invincibility shield gate, but combining with this bug now she has nothing and is much squishier under fire).

2 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

3. Status Chance Mods:
With all the changes to Status effects, we have made a broad increase to Status Chance mods, increasing them dramatically. There are a few other mods that required a buff, however. The exact numbers can be found below:

• Increased Hammer Shot Status Chance from 40% to 80%.
  • Increased Shattering Justice Status Chance from 20% to 90%. In addition, this buff has been changed from an additive chance to a multiplicative chance.
  • Increased Stunning Speed Status Chance from 10% to 30%.

Why: 
As we stated before in previous Warframe Revised posts, Status Chance got a buff when changes were made to how Status stacks are delivered. This is simply covering a few more Mods to bring them in line with the new balance

That's a nerf. Not a buff. Mathematically it is a proven nerf. You have made this weaker. And you are boldly lying it is a buff.

Please do your math correctly.

I understand and agree with removing damage from Magus Lockdown but limiting it's CC this much is extreme.

I always used it for CC on enemies you made immune to Warframe ability CC, like Demolysts for example. While only one tether is enough to hold them, if I can't select which enemy to target, which is not always easy to do, it's effectives will too unreliable.

1. Impact status effect will still be meh in comparison to other alot better effects

2. i hope this will make gas better but i doubt it since it wont bypass shields

3. good change

4. only 4 stacks... well this makes crit builds still alot better.

also you should finally decrease the murmur grind, it is still too much, especially when playing solo.

one huge problem is, every aspect like railjack, lichs or your open worlds are seperated from the rest which makes the grind even worse.

5. not that great of a change... why not make the build times for those items 12 or even 8 hours?

23 hours for a forma (we need alot more of them now due to your aura, umbra, stance etc. formas)

please rethink that time

6. seems fair, if you dont change the numbers affected by each tether, but we have to see, maybe limit it to 3 tethers per player.

7. those changes wont help to improve grendel, his biggest issue is energy consumption!

8. good improvements

9. fair change for balance reasons

10. stay safe should be the highest priority,

Now for the negative side of this event, i fear that there wont be enough railjack teams since you havent touched railjack enough to make it fun.

Anyway, some hit and miss stuff.

Especially the stance forma is something we just dont need in Warframe!

Archived