Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP magus lockdown

(NSW)Katsuro

Shame to see it go, but at the same time 100% expected. Lockdown was hilariously broken if you were using a school whose void dash didn't ragdoll.

It's kinda weird, though, that they're nerfing its CC on top of removing its damage. Like, pick one or the other, DE. If Lockdown now does no damage and has negligible CC, then players might as well keep that slot empty for all the good it'll do...

• Like 18

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Elvenbane:

I really only used it for disruption, seems like that won't be affected...

Ofc it will... you will link to enemies you dont want and then the target will run away.
Nerfing BOTH CC and damage is a poor choice, DE.

I'd be fine with nerfing the damage... hell, even removing it would be ok.
But the CC was fine.

Edited by DarkRuler2500
  • Like 2

il y a 1 minute, DarkRuler2500 a dit :

Ofc it will... you will link to enemies you dont want and then the target will run away.

rank 5 lockdown can link up to 10 fows per use, with 2 dashes you have a potential of 20 targets locked (even if it can apply multiple times on the same ennemy, ok, but sitill). Don't tell me you are not able to be close enough to the traget to lock it up....

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

you will link to enemies you dont want and then the target will run away.

From what I understood, they don't change the number of enemies you stun in one application : they only limit 2 applications of the lockdown to be active at a time

vor 1 Minute schrieb Lord-Childeric:

rank 5 lockdown can link up to 10 fows per use, with 2 dashes you have a potential of 20 targets locked (even if it can apply multiple times on the same ennemy, ok, but sitill). Don't tell me you are not able to be close enough to the traget to lock it up....

Read the upcoming changes before making false info.

Zitat

The amount of active Tethers is now limited to 2 per player. This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first tether will stop, and the new tether will take its place.

You will be able to link TWO enemies at once. Not 20.

• Like 1

It was only a matter of time. Magus Lockdown was both great CC and scaling damage, as well as being fire and forget. Honestly, it baffles me that it got past Q and A to begin with.

Pity it came before a full Operator makeover to make them not, y'know, basically useless.

• Like 3

il y a 3 minutes, DarkRuler2500 a dit :

Read the upcoming changes before making false info.

you don't know how magus lockdown works, but ok. 

A tether is the kind of mine wich links every ennemy, it's the S#&$ your operator put down when you use void dash. You read falsly the change dude. You just can't put more than 2 active 'mines'

Edited by Lord-Childeric
Typo
  • Like 21

1 minute ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

No, it means you get 2 tethers, each incapacitating up to 10 enemies.

By the way, it already got nerfed before, since you cannot equip 2 of them for 120% damage anymore...

Rip my 21 arcanes worth of standing... well, its still okay I guess.

• Like 3

I'm one of those who abused the heck out of this arcane, but let's be honest, it was ridiculously overpowered, to the point of being entirely comical and I have no clue how it took so long for DE to fix this, considering the #1 squad on Operation Hostile Mergers a year ago used lockdown extensively as a part of their strategy to one shot the entire map full of lvl 9,999 enemies. 

It needed to be nerfed. It'll still be insanely good as a CC utility arcane. 

• Like 5