Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(NSW)Katsuro

RIP magus lockdown

13 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

That's on a rank 0 archane. Rank 5 gives 10 mines, it's literally stated on the same line.

I think you need to learn to what it does and is going to do after the rework before commenting....

Each mine TETHERS 10 enemies at rank 5....  the change restricts us to 2 MINES, each with 10 TETHERS and removes ALL the damage that it used to have.  IF we cast a third MINE we lose the first one we had cast which in turn loses the CC allowing the enemies to roam around again because they don't get damaged.

19 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

That's on a rank 0 archane. Rank 5 gives 10 mines, it's literally stated on the same line.

Wait, what? How this change can "slowdown" eidolon hunts or scarlet spear? 

I think because it will no longer damage vomvalysts so you will have to use your void strike charges instead. Or just rely on blazing trail of fire from madurai.

22 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

Wait, what? How this change can "slowdown" eidolon hunts or scarlet spear? 

Players use it to charge the lures and not waste void strike stacks, regarding  scarlet spear is obvious that the damage would help allot against sentients. 

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

I think you need to learn to what it does and is going to do after the rework before commenting....

Each mine TETHERS 10 enemies at rank 5....  the change restricts us to 2 MINES, each with 10 TETHERS and removes ALL the damage that it used to have.  IF we cast a third MINE we lose the first one we had cast which in turn loses the CC allowing the enemies to roam around again because they don't get damaged.

Yeah, you're right on that, but they roam around too on live version with damage, because is the tether the thing that matters, not the damage. Damage was a nice addition but unnecesary considering the change on self damage and the existence of other arcanes that can do damage (as melt and overload). We need more diversity and good arcanes? Of course we do and I hope we can have new ones with the next mainline, but having a "I can do anything tool" is very unbalanced for just one item and shows how useless other arcanes are compared to lockdown (same with warframes and energize, guardian, grace, etc). 

1 hour ago, Bagadyr said:

I think because it will no longer damage vomvalysts so you will have to use your void strike charges instead. Or just rely on blazing trail of fire from madurai.

1 hour ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Players use it to charge the lures and not waste void strike stacks, regarding  scarlet spear is obvious that the damage would help allot against sentients. 

With lures you can do it with frames, other teammates and puncture doesn't kill the "soul" they become so you have to deal with them with the amp anyway. Also this is just a problem for madurai payers, just as chroma players being affected by the removal of self damage.

As for sentients, they are quite resilent against puncture (because they have shields and armor), you are more effective with a  combination of your current arsenal and void or just void (or void with fire if you have melt) than with lockdown. 

DE's approach to balance has generally been a massive neutering of said item all in one go, rather than small measured steps. Think Maiming strike, Catchmoon, Condition Overload, Bloodrush and many others. Looks like the trend is set to continue.

Before anyone mentions rivens, they aren't so much balancing as a popularity contest.

1 hour ago, xHeretic said:

Yeah, you're right on that, but they roam around too on live version with damage, because is the tether the thing that matters, not the damage. Damage was a nice addition but unnecesary considering the change on self damage and the existence of other arcanes that can do damage (as melt and overload). We need more diversity and good arcanes? Of course we do and I hope we can have new ones with the next mainline, but having a "I can do anything tool" is very unbalanced for just one item and shows how useless other arcanes are compared to lockdown (same with warframes and energize, guardian, grace, etc). 

As I've said in other posts... it isn't the 'nerf' so much that is the issue it's the scale of the nerf.  There wouldn't be half as much issue with the change if it was one or the other but both together is excessive.