Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simplify trading

Sovyul

No new instance is required. Both players need to be in the same party, and then they can trade from their Orbiter. The trade warning is now shown the same way as a party invite is (blinking blue on the upper left corner), and then the trade prompt should be inside a drop-down menu on the main menu, the reasons for this are these:

- pending trades with multiple people can be accepted at any time, without sending out new trades

- preventing trade spam by trolls who would exploit the trade prompt if it went live without the proposed UI changes

The reason why I'm suggesting this simplification:

1. (This one in particular is the reason why I'm making this thread, happens way too many f*****g times and i'm fed up with this s**t at this point)

- X received your invitation.

- X failed to join your session

- repeat 5 times to no avail

- trade abandoned

Those who just want to trade shouldn't be forced into a clan just because of it, especially those who went inactive due to taking a break and got kicked from the previous clan. Needing a mod or a BP on the spot becomes into a several hour or day long wait due to having to craft a clan access key every single time when you join another clan, and waiting for your application to be accepted (in case if you apply on the forum and not recruiting chat). Or of course, you may spend plats to rush the key, you got that -75% off ticket after all right? What's another 10p for a seasoned veteran like yourself with plats in the bank already!

Yes, 10p, it's honestly not that worthy of mentioning, but the "pay or wait to trade" mechanic is still there for something that isn't permanent and you'll have to repeat it again and again every time you take a break. You're not rushing a frame, a forma, a potato, a weapon, something that will stay in your inventory forever until you decide to get rid of it, but an item which gets deleted on the whim of another player, which is in my opinion god tier BS. It's 10p literally deleted from the game every time with no trace left. Not in form of a shop purchase, trade, forma slot, whatever, it's gone.

Building your own ghost dojo is a bandaid to this problem, but then you will have a lot to lose if you were to decide to join an actual clan filled with people, since all your stuff that you've built gets deleted. And you just know you'll be kicked again if you were to join one, due to again, taking a break.

Skips a lot of loading screens, especially with the new dojo additions. Some people build massive dojos and the loading times just become greater and greater. In a certain another game, most players just keep their version of dojo completely empty or low investment due to that game utilizing the same trade mechanics as Warframe does. Less things to load = faster loading, which is just for the sake of trading and less pain for the one who's being invited. It's sad to be honest.

Now you may say that there's that trading relay, the name of which I completely forgotten because I used it twice or thrice, and only once it worked. We kept being thrown into different sessions, despite being in the same party. And don't get me started on the "where are you?" timesink until we both realize we're in different dimensions.

• Like 3

I´d like to see a sysncronisation of basic functionalities between all the hubs e.g. chat, arsenal, trading, ... is the same everywhere. And in order to start a trade you can simply enter the name of the person you want to trade with in your local trading post.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this because X failed to join your session.

And here's one potential solution:
Give us a button to "Visit Maroo's Bazaar" just like we can visit Simaris. This way, we can bypass the walk (which is basically a loading screen for those placeholder Excaliburs).
Bonus points if you give us the option to choose an instance with 5 or less people in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

Bumping this because X failed to join your session.

And here's one potential solution:
Give us a button to "Visit Maroo's Bazaar" just like we can visit Simaris. This way, we can bypass the walk (which is basically a loading screen for those placeholder Excaliburs).
Bonus points if you give us the option to choose an instance with 5 or less people in it.

Didnt think i would revisit the forums since i was trying to avoid interactions to ween myself away from warframe after all the chain of b.s. thats been going on and its especially showing with all the popular content creators showing it real loud now.

But yes, Plenty of god frocking quality of life improvements need to occur, before a bunch of things. Screw Nightwave, Screw New Content, Screw New Warframes, Screw Deluxe Skins & Tennogen, Screw the memes. If D.E. cannot even implement something as simple as in-orbiter trading stations and ease of access trading functionality for maroo`s bazaar, then they clearly are ignoring what players NEED while oping on what they want to ship out instead.

I mean lets go over the various things TRADING itself could use, not all at once, but certainly one or the other or some being multiple things it could need:

• Update Trading Stations to not have this weird as FK distance requirement, i could have someone in a dojo alongside me, yet because they are too far away from the station, it seems to register them as not being present. Just make the thing pull from the players currently in the dojo and update when new people join or ATLEAST a refresh button so i do not need to keep entering/exiting till they get recognized.

• DIVORCE THE NEED FOR MAROO OR DOJOS FROM TRADING, I find it disgusting we cannot just open up some pop up menu chat box to enable trade straight from our orbiter, maybe even allow some extra functionality which i will point at the next bullet, but because of the many problems the current system has, its pretty annoying when people have trouble joining dojos or somehow do not SHOW UP in the dojo despite being in the dojo, somehow in a separate instance.

• Lets all agree the market chat system needs to be changed into some kind of ACTUAL, bazaar system, This gets argued way too much times on oh boo hoo its going to LOWER the value of everything, despite everything already going DOWN a downward spiral unless your holding riven mods that already get overpriced despite the stats getting an easy 20%~40% gutting almost every 3-5 months whenever d.e. updates the dispositions. Just let us open some special menu from the orbiter, where we can drop a bunch of items into a list, based on our MR, have a cap of say 200 plat we can set a single item`s price(Or better yet, the total value of all items we put up cannot be PRICED above 200 platinum in total) for and let us slap it either on a market board or it gets displayed at maroo`s so she has a use. If people want to deal with items at a higher price, then they can use a 3rd party website like warframe.market that D.E. could link to for those who want to take the high roller route. Screw this notion of items will drop in value if most items are already BARELY get marketed at all and the remaining ones keep dropping to begin with, Market chat is basically the Flea market on warframe and people come to flea markets to get things for small dollar bills, not forking over thousands of bills for a fancy toaster. Also i am not doing any more arguments with people crying the same thing over and over again about statistics, graphs, charts, examples and so on, Right now Warframe needs to get its things fixed and just like its many out-dated chat channel designs, it needs plenty of things fixed, where if D.E. has to take a LOSS in profit for a while to get the game back in a positive design afterwards (As in hold off on releasing new content to focus on fixing stuff first, amongst other things), then i myself and likely plenty of others might have no qualms if they shut down market chat to force us to use a reddit instead.

Funfact: We have one of those too, its calledhttps://www.reddit.com/r/wartrade/ , which they are rather tidy of giving tag examples, flairs and SO ON, which definitely makes finding things a lot smoother then how market chat works in my opinion just from a first glance on how its structured.

Because its not like we NEED market chat to sell items in warframe, its just we take it for granted, when a warframe.market & Reddit exists to do the same exact thing but MUCH BETTER. Its only because it exists that most are too lazy to pull up a website instead. Heck having to wait for a person to respond back on a marketing offer on reddit, is basically the same exact gag as waiting for someone to PM you in game, since in both cases, you do not know if a person is AFK or actually watching the thread. Which honestly should just get closed out after several hours had passed on reddit if that is not already a functionality to begin with. Because i still run into people still pm`ing me 3 hours after i posted something on market chat or recruit chat because D.E. likely does not make time stamps a DEFAULT option in-game chat.

• Bringing it up again, but seriously, just let us do the trading without the need of instances like Dojos & Maroo. I Find it already annoying we cant do the same stuff in some kind of area in the Relay, In the open world towns of Fortuna & Orb Vallis. Just as i find it annoying that D.E. hasnt just let us summon up Komi boards in said social spaces so we can just play Komi with Random passerbys while we are stuck on say waiting in a FLOATILLA, as we wait for the instance to end. Especially once Consoles get it likely this week or next week.

So moral of the story: D.E. needs to fix stuff, not make new stuff, JUST. FIX. THAR. GAME. FIRST.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 2