Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Armor That Should Have Been

Jazz0411

I was looking over the warframe comparison page on the wiki and noticed something that is realy bothering me.

The fastest two warframes in the game both have 50 armor but there are 6 slower frames that only have 10!

There are 4 diferent armor values in the game as is but I think they should have been 75 ,100 ,125 ,and 150 not the 10 ,50 ,125 ,and 150 they currently are!

I agree, those frames with 10 armor should have more. As of now the only frames that can actually utilize the Steel Fiber Mod are Frost, Rhino and Saryn. Placing the said Mod on a Warframe that has little armor to begin with is pointless.

Frost, Rhino, Saryn, and Ash. Ash because of his large health pool. 

Steel Fiber is pointless on every frame anyways, the benefit from it is only about 15% as effective as Vitality is. Steel Fiber is a joke. 

I find armor the least effective defensive stat to go for anyway.  In a game with rechargeable shields whoever has the highest shields is the most durable (outside of defensive abilities).  The higher your shields the more hits you can take, and they can recover.  The only time health and armor stats are important is Nightmare modes when you are shield drained.  Outside of that the stat is pretty much ignorable.

I find armor the least effective defensive stat to go for anyway.  In a game with rechargeable shields whoever has the highest shields is the most durable (outside of defensive abilities).  The higher your shields the more hits you can take, and they can recover.  The only time health and armor stats are important is Nightmare modes when you are shield drained.  Outside of that the stat is pretty much ignorable.

I was doing some calculations, you would be amazed.

The tankiest possible Rhino, that is with Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Focus and Steel Fibre maxed can take 6419 damage (iron skin included), partly thanks to the 75.9% damage reduction from armour. Without Steel Fibre he can only take 5000 damage.

The tankiest possible Saryn has 5563.25 effective health, again largely due to the 72% damage reduction thanks to armour. Without a steel fibre you only get 3762.5 effective HP.

Edited by PenutReaper

I was looking over the warframe comparison page on the wiki and noticed something that is realy bothering me.

The fastest two warframes in the game both have 50 armor but there are 6 slower frames that only have 10!

There are 4 diferent armor values in the game as is but I think they should have been 75 ,100 ,125 ,and 150 not the 10 ,50 ,125 ,and 150 they currently are!

Actualy you forget to take into account that Nova and Loki both have the lowest shields and in Loki's case also lowest health of all frames. The 50 armor does not make much of a difference and is basicly just a token value given to them as a tiny survival increase.

Shield is far more important than health for non-tank frames and as such the 10 armor frames actualy are not that bad off.

Edited by Othergrunty

I was doing some calculations, you would be amazed.

The tankiest possible Rhino, that is with Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Focus and Steel Fibre maxed can take 6419 damage (iron skin included), partly thanks to the 75.9% damage reduction from armour. Without Steel Fibre he can only take 5000 damage.

The tankiest possible Saryn has 5563.25 effective health, again largely due to the 72% damage reduction thanks to armour. Without a steel fibre you only get 3762.5 effective HP.

Honestly, it does not surprise or impress me.  While yes high EH can happen with health and armor but at the cost of mod spots.  Since we are limited with mod points/spots I will always take the renewable resource.  Expecialy since I can not rely on getting health globes to keep me up.  Just today I was leveling my Volt in Kappa and got careless bringing myself down to just 5 health before I even got to the defense points.  After opening and breaking all the contaners I could find I got no health globes for the rest of the mission and kept myself alive with just my shields all the way to the end of the mission.  Health and Armor do not mean much if you do not let the enemy reach it.  Even more so with my main Mag giving myself 50% of my shields back for just 50 energy.

MAG IS THE BEST TANK.

Alhough seriously, there are a lot of valuables affecting the survivability of the frame. Frames like Ember and Trinity have (or had) their abilities to keep them alive and well.

But, with everything in consideration, the health/armour tanking isn't exactly the most efficient, seeing how you're not guaranteed to have a Trinity on your team most of the time, and all the other times EVERYONE is the tank.

• 2 weeks later...