Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Captain_Bonecold

Nidus Umbra and all warframes getting an umbra quest

Nidus is a strange warframe a nidus umbra could show us how warframes are made. I want to learn his story.

I want to see all warframes through thier eyes. Excalibur umbra story I loved. 

As long as umbras come with thier own Warframe slot and weapin slots.  I would love more.

No story definitely. No Umbra frames likely.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

Nidus is a strange warframe a nidus umbra could show us how warframes are made. I want to learn his story.

I want to see all warframes through thier eyes. Excalibur umbra story I loved. 

As long as umbras come with thier own Warframe slot and weapin slots.  I would love more.

they have said not every warframe will have a umbra an maybe afew will have a umbra 

43 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

they have said not every warframe will have a umbra an maybe afew will have a umbra 

Frost umbra 😎😁😎😁😎

54 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

I see umbras as good for one enemy type. So an all offers a bigger team of umbras. Umbras limits is that all umbras can only use Umbra mods on thier weapons and Warframes. Umbras also have all umbra polarities. The umbra polarities can't be change. I am hoping for more umbra mods. So umbras can be sealed with umbra polarities. 

5 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

And after some time they've introduced Umbra Forma. And they're also working on Echoes of Umbra which gives any warframe sentience passive.

I assume they have abandoned their plans on introducing more Umbra frames.

13 minutes ago, Xaero said:

And after some time they've introduced Umbra Forma. And they're also working on Echoes of Umbra which gives any warframe sentience passive.

I assume they have abandoned their plans on introducing more Umbra frames.

Umbra told a beautiful story. 

I think Umbra Volt and Mag, for back story would be great. They could also create new Umbra mods around shield/caster frame. 

It does not have to be as extensive as Exculibar. I would be okay with short story, even without cut scenes with some cool designs. 

I do not see it for other frames though. Too much work. 

53 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

DE said if there were going to make more Umbras it would be of the starter frames only.

They've never said that.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yes, they have.

Can you provide the source?

The only official statements regarding Umbra warframes (other than Excalibur) I've ever seen (and most likely none other exist) are these.

1. Rebecca's forum post (July 20, 2015).

Specifically this part:

VzqjzYD.jpg

2. Devstream 58.

uvasoiQ.jpg

3. Devstream 125.

1Imm3Ga.jpg

16 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Can you provide the source?

The only official statements regarding Umbra warframes (other than Excalibur) I've ever seen (and most likely none other exist) are these.

1. Rebecca's forum post (July 20, 2015).

Specifically this part:

VzqjzYD.jpg

2. Devstream 58.

uvasoiQ.jpg

3. Devstream 125.

1Imm3Ga.jpg

One of the devstreams.

Also, it took you like 40 minutes to pull up all that individual info. You have too much free time.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

One of the devstreams.

Which one?

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Also, it took you like 40 minutes to pull up all that individual info. You have too much free time.

6 minutes, to be precise.

Alright, to clear things up, the official Forum post said that they're not likely to make more Umbral style frames, but the actual DevStream comment (and no, I don't remember which specific one) was that they 'never say no to anything'. Which is DE speak for they keep an open mind, but some things are highly unlikely.

One of the key phrases repeated was that if more happened, 'All warframes have a Prime, but not all frames would get an Umbra'. This leads me to think, and a few others, that if it becomes relevant to release more Umbral style content, such as a new Umbral mod (holding out for Umbral Streamline...) or a new Sacrificial mod (come on, Umbral Prowess, it's an obvious pick...) then they'll likely do that by releasing an Umbral style of Warframe to go along with it.

In speculation...

It likely won't be on the level of The Sacrifice quest, it may come with a bit more Lore, but it likely won't come soon, and it likely won't involve lesser frames like Nidus. Oh, and I don't want to get into a discussion about whether Nidus, as a Warframe, is good or bad. But Nidus is not a Mag or a Volt, the poster-frames of the game. Neither is he Ember, Trinity, Loki, Ash or Rhino. Those frames were released with the base game 7 years ago, and if there's going to be another Umbral Style frame, it's going to be one of those. Calling it now.

To address one more thing:

15 hours ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

Nidus is a strange warframe a nidus umbra could show us how warframes are made.

You played The Sacrifice quest, they told us how Warframes were made in that... why would we need Nidus when we already know?

16 hours ago, Xaero said:

No story definitely. No Umbra frames likely.

No more Umbra but they have stated working on a possible Umbral Echo system for a duration of time one an individual frame. They have tested but not sure if and when it will be making into gameplay.

6 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

No more Umbra but they have stated working on a possible Umbral Echo system for a duration of time one an individual frame. They have tested but not sure if and when it will be making into gameplay.

I'm not sure it ever will make it into game play in the first place, because there have been (and continue to be) threads on these forums and on the other feedback sites that ask for the sentience to actually be removed from Umbra in the first place.

People are finding that the sentience on him is, at least to them, detrimental.

The whole reason that the 'Echoes of Umbra' isn't in the game already is because the largest, most vocal parts of the community collectively said they didn't even want it as a reward.

Nothing is really set in stone.(except Atlas, he's all stone)

I like the notion of additional Umbra Frames for the sake of the individual story. Excal-Dax and Ballas made a compelling emotional story. 

I couldn't say which Warframes and the "people" they were made from would have a valuable story to tell, what emotion would bind them to Orokin servitude, but we as a community could still push for new Umbra stories.

11 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I'm not sure it ever will make it into game play in the first place, because there have been (and continue to be) threads on these forums and on the other feedback sites that ask for the sentience to actually be removed from Umbra in the first place.

People are finding that the sentience on him is, at least to them, detrimental.

The whole reason that the 'Echoes of Umbra' isn't in the game already is because the largest, most vocal parts of the community collectively said they didn't even want it as a reward.

I agree with what you are saying. Ive seen it in many threads also. But we can all agree its already in DE's codes in game. Now all they have to do is come up with a plan on delivering the content to make if fit in the story. Im guessing around the time of Duviri when we are in Operator mode. In all honesty this really does nothing much to the game play because who uses Umbra Excal for this ability. We will probably barely use the Umbral Echo if it comes into game.

36 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Yeah, I've mentioned it earlier. Though they have not introduced it yet because of massive negative feedback from community. Later they asked design council for ideas, and remain silent since then.

8 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

But we can all agree its already in DE's codes in game.

It still doesn't make it a good mechanic.

Nor does it make for a reward that people will want to grind for every 24 hours, since the effect is temporary. Nor does it make the AI in Warframe actually competent and worth giving to your frames.

Given that the AI for Umbra itsef barely knows not to stick its sword up its nostril, I would far rather that DE introduce literally any other form of Umbral mechanic than the Echoes of Umbra.

All I want is every warframe to have an umbra. And every new umbra to have all umbra polarities. This way umbra's are forced to use umbra polarities. Also umbras having thier own warframe and weapon slot. Also you can't delete umbras or umbra weapons.  Nidus is the disease warframe.  Maybe Nidus was not diseased at first. We need more on Nidus.