Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has the value of prime frames gone down, or have people gotten cheap?

(PSN)slaphappycat

Yh, I'm on Xbox and have noticed prices steadily falling for at least 6-8 months now.   Makes getting plat for slots etc a lot harder.

For example, I regularly see people offering frames like rhino, nova, volt - all top tier and long vaulted - for 150p.

Syndicate mods for 10p.

Legendary cores for 80-100p

Arcane energise for 100p

Don't know about pc but console market has tanked.

the longer an item is available, and the more people obtain it, the more it's value decreases. chances are a lot of players are still holding onto relics with those prime pieces: why fork out when there's a chance you can get it for free?

it's a free market, so prices can change on things. you can still offer stuff for 100p, just don't be surprised if buyers look elsewhere.

• Like 3

All of the three are/were rather easy to farm, most of the parts are Lith/Meso/Neo, no rare Axi drops.

Also, Disruption has become the meta farm for Neos and Axis. Axis in particular used to be much harder to farm.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, (PS4)slaphappycat said:

Ive been trying to sell Limbo Prime, Zephyr Prime, and Mirage Prime for ages, but everybody always asks for 30-35 plat for each. I’m used to the days where a primed frame could b sold for 100 plat, so im just a bit confused, i guess. The title question still stands tho.

As far as I remember Zephyr, Mirage and Limbo were cheap (though I played for less than a year). Frames that are highly available are typically 30-50P. Frames that are vaulted around 70-80P. Only Saryn and Rhino sell for above 100P cuz they are popular.  

The value of an item is only what one person is willing to pay and another person is willing to accept.   

You can sit in chat and beg all damn day, but until I get what I want for spending my time collecting whatever, you can go ...............

I try to sell stuff but by and large I just watch trade and look at what people want to buy and shoot them offers.  Most of them get shot down but there are days when I make plat.  

I've built up a huge chunk of plat over the years.  Now when I reach a certain number I buy people slots and stuff.  Last xmas I gave 1k plat away.  I just dumped another 500p the other day on peeps.  

If I had any serious players in my solo guild I could spoil them rotten lol.  

8 hours ago, (PS4)slaphappycat said:

Ive been trying to sell Limbo Prime, Zephyr Prime, and Mirage Prime for ages, but everybody always asks for 30-35 plat for each. I’m used to the days where a primed frame could b sold for 100 plat, so im just a bit confused, i guess. The title question still stands tho.

This'll cheer you up; prices will probably drop lower due to people staying home during Covid related lockdown. 

Got nothing to do but play video games. 

• Like 1

Demand for items is only increased by new players joining and the rare occurrence of a player that wants multiple copies of the same frame and none of these players want to farm the items themselves. All while supply of everything is increased every time anyone gets a drop and is willing to sell it.

All which means as time goes on supply is constantly exceeding demands which causes prices to drop.

New frames/items only have high value because they start with a supply of zero and the demand is as high as it will ever be.

Just be glad you're not on PC where plat inflation is also a factor, plat discounts aren't always a good thing.

The number of people who have sets to sell far outweight the market of potential buyers.  If you want plat your best time is always when a new prime access comes around because a giant influx of plat enters the market and farming a new prime set a couple hours into its release will almost always net you a few hundred plat depending on how popular the prime is.  I suspect corinth prime will be quite popular though it also depends on where the rare parts are.  A lith or meso rare is always going to be easier to get than an axi rare for example.  

29 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

Staying home due to covid is certainly not a change in life habit for me...

😄 

You, maybe not.  But the hundreds of thousands of people in my area alone...?  Yeah, no, that's a big change. 

I live in a major metropolitan area with 1mil+ And the majority of then have been told to stay home.  Gaming just became a new pastime for a lot of people. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)slaphappycat said:

Console, especially PS4, is a different demographic and the market is extraordinarily depressed because of it.

Been that way for years.  Very Boom or bust.  Truly rare items skyrocket but Primes are better traded for equal value.

12 hours ago, GerberaOverture said:

playerbase is growing with each day meaning more and more parts hitting the market, not to mention that now we have warframe.market which makes prices transparent - its absolutely not a surprise 

And those that want an auction house system would see this 'decay of value' happen much sooner if we did have one.

• Like 2

All of what has been said but especially wanna echo the Riven Problem.  They're a huge plat black hole for the whole economy and because of how ridiculous the grind around them is people with plat wanna dump top dollar on that rather than a slightly better version of a frame.  The longer rivens are in the game without a more reliable, less taxing way to farm/roll them the cheaper everything else is gonna get.

This is especially bad on consoles where we only get 1 or 2 plat sales a year, most benefitting the top bundles.  Hell, PS4 didn't even get a Holiday sale around Christmas this time.  PC meanwhile gets plat coupons in place of market coupons making the currency flow a bit more regular.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Daemonfyre said:

All of what has been said but especially wanna echo the Riven Problem.  They're a huge plat black hole for the whole economy and because of how ridiculous the grind around them is people with plat wanna dump top dollar on that rather than a slightly better version of a frame.  The longer rivens are in the game without a more reliable, less taxing way to farm/roll them the cheaper everything else is gonna get.

This is especially bad on consoles where we only get 1 or 2 plat sales a year, most benefitting the top bundles.  Hell, PS4 didn't even get a Holiday sale around Christmas this time.  PC meanwhile gets plat coupons in place of market coupons making the currency flow a bit more regular.

Rivens aren't really the core problem here, it is supply and demand.

Even if rivens were to be wiped off the system immediately, we will not see future prime set prices at a higher point than they would be compared to if rivens still exist. Prime set prices were steadily dropping across a lot of different sets even back in the days before rivens were a thing. 

The problem lies in the fact that supply far exceeds demand, and for every new player that joins the game, they only need 1 set of the prime, while they can farm multiple sets, further increasing the problem. At least we don't have an auction house right now, because if we do, the situation will be far worse. 

Edited by Leyers_of_facade
  • Like 1

I'm on PC and i have always sold 4 part primed sets for 200 (50p times the number of parts) and i have never had issues for the past 5 years or so, same price all this time.

It does take time to sell and i don't use trade chat all the time, but when i do, the sets being sold must atleast be worth my time, at 35p that doesn't even cover the costs of keeping the dojo clean, might aswell not trade, don't really need the plat anyway

Edited by KIREEK

16 hours ago, (PS4)slaphappycat said:

larger community = more copies go around = overall price cheaper
the older primes used to cost more but are much cheaper
https://warframe.market/ is what is used to help you figure out prices on stuff now adays