Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation Scarlet Spear: Bug Reporting Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

14 hours ago, dot.ppt said:
  • TYPE: Scarlet Spear 100/100 credit reward
  • DESCRIPTION: Completed 100/100 Murex flotilla with ~5000+ points earned. This has happened 3 times now. 
  • VISUAL:
  • https://imgur.com/9OTrmlB
  • https://imgur.com/crnXBBO
  • https://imgur.com/t4YrcD5
  • https://imgur.com/aBVvMnC
  • REPRODUCTION: Seems random to me
  • EXPECTED RESULT:10,000 bonus credits for achieving 5000 points in a 100/100 flotilla
  • OBSERVED RESULT: 0 Bonus points in mail after long delay
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: It happens now and then. Don't know how to reproduce

happened to everyone in my party last run I did

Edited by Rickjamesz
adding info

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Lower damage dealt to all enemies while affected by Wisp haste mote buff
  • VISUALhttps://streamable.com/0qkzq 
  • REPRODUCTION: Occurs in the ground mission of Operation Scarlet spear, wisp and team deals lower damage while affected by Wisps haste mote buff. This does not happen on earth (mantle) or in the simulacrum. Weapon choise does not seam to affect it. From one test it does not happen in the murex raid
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Consistent damage values
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Lower damage numbers while affected by Wisps haste mote buff. The reduction in damage varied based on source but was consistent from the same source (for example fulmin automatic mode or bullets from the redeemer prime), about 25-30% lower damage for weapons.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happened consistently while testing for at least three separate ground missions, with different team members, (only two people tested) although in the same instance of flotilla.
  • Like 2

Hello, I'd like to submit that when me and some other members of my clan tried to view the profile of some offline players, mine included, the chat would give us back a "NOSUCHNICK" error.

Here are some pictures of it:

Spoiler

P9oiDlc.jpg

Spoiler

3rPytMb.png

• Like 1

• DESCRIPTION: Exodia Contagion projectiles do damage on the "normal plane" when Limbo fires them from the Rift (Limbo gets complete and total invincibility for zero cost in all ground missions in the game)
  • VISUAL:
  • REPRODUCTION: Equip Limbo, enter the Rift, launch exodia contagion projectile at any enemy.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I would expect exodia contagion projectiles to behave like all other projectiles in the game, and apply their damage only to the plane that Limbo is in when he fires them.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Exodia contagion projectiles do damage to enemies both inside and outside the rift when fired by limbo from within the rift.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

I guess it's possible that this is by design, but that seems so unlikely I am submitting this report anyway. I only recently became aware of it since I only started using Limbo for this event. It seems like this interaction has been used for some time, if a quick yt search is anything to go by. 

• DESCRIPTION: Able to send kill codes to self
  • VISUAL: https://imgur.com/a/NPwVVeS
  • REPRODUCTION: Do Ground Assault in an empty flotilla, then do a Murex Raid
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Tested to see if you were able to solo it, or do it with only a small group.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Was able to send kill codes to self.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

• DESCRIPTION: Melee mod "Relentless Combination" does not work as intended (presumably due to Slash status changes)
  • VISUAL: /
  • REPRODUCTION: Use a high status, high slash weapon. Apply multiple slash procs to enemy. Keep an eye on combo counter. 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Combo counter goes up with every instance of damage from a slash status effect damaging enemies
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Counter doesn't go up
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% of the time
  • Like 1

There is never a post-mission scoreboard for Scarlet Spear missions, and as such, if rewards are wrong / not received at all, an F6 screenshot can't be taken to prove discrepancies to support.

A scoreboard does flash in Railjack after the mission completes, but it is always empty (as it is in normal Railjack missions), only displays for a second, and cannot be recalled from the menu or via a key bind once forced back into a Flotilla.

• DESCRIPTION: Had finished multiple 100/100 murex flotilla runs without receiving my victory bonus; reached rank one two times and rank three, yet never received the bonus.
  • VISUALhttps://prnt.sc/rqf3nv R3
                   https://prnt.sc/rqf4dh R1 #1
                   https://prnt.sc/rqf5a3 R1 #2
  • REPRODUCTION: Happens at random times.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have received the bonus in my Inbox along with the emblem.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Did not receive the bonus
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happens at random times; (times where I would receive the bonus, then times where I wouldn't)

• TYPE: [In-Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: [OpLink not receiving healing from Venari]
  • VISUAL: None
  • REPRODUCTION: [Damaged Oplink, targeted by Venari's heal, no heal occurs]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Venari's Heal posture can heal Defense objectives when marked!]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [Nothing happens]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [Since most recent patch]
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:
  • DESCRIPTION: [OpLink not receiving healing from Venari]
  • VISUAL: None
  • REPRODUCTION: [Damaged Oplink, targeted by Venari's heal, no heal occurs]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Venari's Heal posture can heal Defense objectives when marked!]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [Nothing happens]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [Since most recent patch]

Hah, nice try. 

• DESCRIPTION: The murex timer on the naviagation board is obscured by decorations
  • VISUALhuvto0x.png
  • REPRODUCTION: Just look at the orbiter board
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should be able to see that timer without doing rounds around it to change my point of view
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The actual numbers are obscured by the orbiter decorations
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Always

• DESCRIPTION: Getting in Railjack pilot station while in end of mission warp transition back to flotilla results in UI issue/spawn  stuck in animation
  • VISUAL:  https://imgur.com/ySJOXU1 (stuck in pilot pose)  //  https://imgur.com/LCW0EPy walking around flotilla with piloting UI overlay
  • REPRODUCTION: as description
  • EXPECTED RESULT: spawn back in flotilla as normal
  • OBSERVED RESULT: spawn stuck in 'piloting' pose, unable to move, with railjack pilot UI elements overlaid. upon forcing player move via selecting equipment > arsenal, model became unstuck but UI elements remained, including target reticle
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: not attempted

• TYPE: Lost rewards after missions
  • DESCRIPTION: Did 3x 
  • VISUAL: proof of said run being done below
  • 144CD4C9E39D5B8BA80BEE47CF0D96EB628BB7E8
  • REPRODUCTION: Please test these events better
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Have gotten the rewards I was supposed to, in this case 6885*2=13770 credits
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Got absolutely nothing.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Uncertain. Has happened 2/3 times so far

I'm so, so tired of this. The event is just an awful grind on its own but with all the lost rewards it's even worse.

EDIT: Note that party members Rickjamesz and Myralast also did not get rewards.

Edited by Elspin
forgot to mention party members got ripped off too

TYPE: In-game

DESCRIPTION: On 2 different occasions, I received inbox messages after a completed 100/100 murex raid I contributed to a flotilla during, and received Condrix and Murex Emblems, but no Scarlet Credits to match my contributions, so I was bummed to be missing out on my bonus and really hoping I can get inboxed that after the fact even though is a tad late now.

VISUAL: https://imgur.com/a/tRX4dFh

LMrSXIY.png
U5in4aM.png
n1IfepM.pngLEpUVG0.png
n1IfepM.png

REPRODUCTION: I honestly have no idea what caused it or how it happened to reproduce it.

EXPECTED RESULT: On the first occurance, I expected to get at least 2400-4800 scarlet credits in my inbox and the second occasion at least1200-2400 scarlet credits in the inbox after doubling score/contribution.

OBSERVED RESULT: Only Emblem badges were received, and on the first occasion I received an emblem twice which I suspect essentially replaced the spot where my credits should be, since I believe you're only intended to receive one emblem per flotilla based on your score of 1000, 3000 or 5000 doing Condrix or Murex missions.

REPRODUCTION RATE: It has occurred twice without trying to make it happen. I want my scarlet credits, not to waste my time.

On 2020-03-28 at 4:53 AM, Kingseesar said:

Sorry! I just realized I posted this in the wrong bug mega thread... Reposting (an updated post) here:

• TYPE: In game - Operation Scarlet Spear (ground attack)
  • DESCRIPTION: There are two related issues. When sentient aerolysts appear, they eventually fly into parts of the environment and get stuck, causing players and NPCs to be unable to shoot them properly, then if you are lucky enough to shoot all the energy pods on the aerolyst, there's no delay before the aerolyst rejuvenates, and returns to being invulnerable. In two situations, it caused me to not be able to finish the mission. I was playing solo, using WuKong with dread, sonicor, and a guandao. I completed multiple uplinks, so the game was working okay in general, just the aerolysts were getting stuck and not able to be killed without extreme effort (about 30 mins to finally kill the one I was actually able to kill - so they can be killed, but it was not acting normally, I presume, mostly due to it flying off into a tree or pipe somewhere far away from the Condrix.) I'm playing on a PC, Windows 7 Ultimate, 16GB RAM, 16GB video ram, NiVida Geforce 610, XBox One controller, update 27.3.0 (unless the last hotfix is a higher number. Will amend this if needed.)
  • VISUAL: Sorry. I missed my opportunity, because I was trying to play the game... I probably will not play this mission again until it is fixed, as I failed the mission due to this bug. (Update: I have taken a few screenshots, but it just looks like an aerolyst behind a tree, when in fact the aerolyst is inside the tree, so I will wait and post a picture that has actually shows the issue clearly.)
  • REPRODUCTION: It happened multiple times, out of four Scarlet Spear ground attack missions, it has happened three times (every time an aerolyst has spawned).
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The aerolyst stays within the play area of the Condrix, the aerolyst does not get impeded by the environment, and the aerolyst remains vulnerable for a standard amount of time for normal game play (not less than one second after destroying the energy pods on the "belt" of the aerolyst).
  • OBSERVED RESULT: After the second switch to invulnerability by the Condrix, when an aerolyst spawned, it attacked NPCs and players alike, as normal, initially, but eventually, it would fly outside the normal range of the Condrix gameplay (maybe as far as the next tile, even?), and get stuck in a tree or structure. Only once was I able to kill the aerolyst and then return to the Condrix in time to send the uplink kill codes before I was timed out and the mission failed.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Four missions, 15 Condrix cycles, the bug occurred one the third Condrix cycle of the second, third, and fourth missions (no aerolyst spawned during the first mission, that I noticed). 100% of the time the aerolyst spawned; 75% of the missions run (four missions); 20% of the Condrix cycles in total for those four missions.

Update: I decided to run the mission again, and again, I experienced the exact same bug: the aerolyst did not stay in range of the Condrix, and I was able to shoot the energy pods on its "belt", but it returned to invulnerable status almost immediately (less than one second) and took almost or no damage (so little, if any, it was hard to tell) with both NPCs and players shooting directly at it constantly. Upon re-experiencing the bug, there is definitely something game-breaking here, and yet again, the mission timed out and I was extracted, failing the mission, on the third cycle, because of the aerolyst bug.

Further Update: Following hotfix 27.3.2, this bug is still not resolved. I had the same exact issue again upon my first attempt to run a ground attack mission. Everything is fine up until the spawning of aerolyst, third wave (after the second set of kill codes has been transmitted), third cycle (the second time the becomes Condrix invulnerable). The aerolyst flies off out of the combat area, then, occasionally gets stuck int he environment (this time it got stuck, then dislodged itself), and when (if) I was lucky enough to destroy the energy pods on it's "belt", it became vulnerable to damage for less than one second, returning to its invulnerable status almost immediately, thus it was not able to be killed, and the mission timed out (after 30 mins of trying to kill the aerolyst). 

As it stands with the mission bugged to the extent that 6 out of 7 times, I have encountered this issue, and 5 out of 7 times, I have failed the mission as a result of this bug.

What does happen, though, is I still get rewarded for the previous waves' scarlet points, which comes to 45 per mission, and I receive those in my inbox after the murex wave has ended (which I assume is the norm). All other rewards are forfeited. 

Update on reproduction rate: Bug occurred 8 out of 9 missions, now. Reproduction rate still 100% with when the aerolyst spawns.

Yet another update: situation basically the same after hotfix 27.3.5. This time, however, the aerolyst never became vulnerable, even after destroying the energy pods on its "belt." Not even for the less than a second, as it was before. The mission still timed out. Furthermore, I attempted the mission with different weapons, just to make sure it wasn't me playing with poorly modded gear. The result was still the same for any given weapon - able to destroy the energy pods, but not able to kill the aeorlyst,most likely due to no period of vulnerability.

Even more updates: Good news and no news simultaneously - I was able to get through a ground mission (finally!), but not necessarily playing as the game is intended.As far as the aerolyst spawning, then flying off into another area or into the envirnment, then when (and if) it is made vulnerable to attacks, the vulnerability is less than one second. I have no doubt this is not what the Devs intended. To defeat the aerolyst, I was lucky twice: I was able to use the grineer rampart guns when the aerolyst was more or less stuck in the environment, so basically, I used the bug to defeat the boss. I was ran out of bullets multiple times, too, even with ammo mutation mods maxed out on both weapons. Again, probably not the scenario the Devs intended. I still failed two out of four missions. I'm not the best player in the origin system, but this part of this mission is most definitely bugged.

Update (Partially Fixed and New Bug?):

As of Hotfix 27.3.7, there seems to be improvement on the aerolyst bug, but new issues have occurred that may be a new bug. Now, the aerolyst still flies into the environment, which I assume is a bug and not meant to be normal (meaning the aerolyst will disappear into a tree or rock for a cycle of its attacks), but it doesn't seem to get stuck there and not be able to be shot/killed. I still assume the time that the aerolyst is vulnerable seems extremely short, less than one second, but maybe that's just a bad design choice and not a bug. 

The new observation (which may or may not be a bug) is that three times out of five, the aerolyst has not spawned at all. No complaints, as I truly dislike this enemy, but I assume that's not correct, unless there is a spawn chance that is extremely high and I just got lucky multiple times in a row. Typically, the aerolyst starts spawning between the second and third invulnerable phase of the Conrdix in the third wave of the ground attack. I have run five successful ground attacks missions in row (since hotfix 27.3.7), reaching wave five or six (solo, oplink sometimes gets destroyed, most often regular extraction), and I've only seen two aerolysts spawn (both at the aforementioned point in the mission).

Regardless of the new (potential) bug, the aerolyst situation is definitely better, though, as I can now finish the mission consistently without being timed out due to a factor I cannot control. Thank you for the forward motion with this bug!  

• DESCRIPTION: [Exodia Contagion did not trigger.]
  • VISUAL: [None]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Melee attack while aim gliding with an Exodia Contagion equiped zaw .]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Should have launched a Projectile.]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [No projectile launched]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [90%, Have attempted in Hydron, Sanctuary and Simulacrum, will only launch 1 out of 10 attempts.]

• DESCRIPTION: Running Murex raid (solo since nobody joined squad). While pushing satellite to position no boost on railjack or launch any avionics. Makes it a slow boat ride indeed. Only use of boost was tapping... Repeated twice in a row. Later joined other host in space and they seemed to have boost availabie.
  • VISUAL: N/A
  • REPRODUCTION: Run Murex raid with nobody else in your railjack. Not sure it will reproduce every time.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Had boost available so should have been able to get to position quicker
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Slow boating to position and Murex hid-e-hole
  • REPRODUCTION RATE:Twice in a row but didn't happen prior to latest hotfix.

9 hours ago, ILOHARTA said:

is there any hope for the "locking" bug to be fixed? (random glitch that prevents the player to do anything, use ability, type in chat, use operator etc)

It has been happening to me too, mostly in Railjack, Murex, and Free Roam, but it happened to me in a Sortie too. I thought it was just lag, but the whole party cycled out of the murex mission i was bugged in and even then I couldn't do anything but alt+f4 and alt+tab, so I restarted the game and it happened to me a couple more times. About a week or 2 ago, I was in free roam and it happened, luckily getting into then leaving my Arcwing usually helps. Can't help if i'm stuck indoors or aboard a ship though.

I don't have any pictures that actually show anything more than me running around with my weapons out not firing so I don't know how to include a visual.

• Like 1

• DESCRIPTION: Did not get bonus points because I was in game when all murex died
  • VISUAL: https://imgur.com/a/ZINVDvS
  • REPRODUCTION: being on scarlet spear mission when all the murex in flotila died.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have gotten bonus points
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I did not get any scarlet points
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Already happened to me 3x whithin 2 days

is there gonna be compensation for these?

Edited by dreamycreampie

Operator arcanes are non-functional in Space missions.

• DESCRIPTION: Operator arcanes (Magus Repair, Magus Melt in my case) did not activate in Scarlet Spear space mission
  • REPRODUCTION: Bring operator with Arcanes into a space mission (and into a sentient ship)
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Magus Repair should heal warframes around it while crouching as operator. Magus melt should stack as a buff while dashing as operator.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No heal, no buff.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Edit: Happens not all the time. Just did two space missions in a row with me as host. First mission the operator arcanes worked, second mission they didn't. (First mission I was Limbo, with Mesa and Mirage. Second mission Mirage swapped to Wisp.)

Edited by Zyxazad

8 hours ago, Nekora said:
  • DESCRIPTION: [Exodia Contagion did not trigger.]
  • VISUAL: [None]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Melee attack while aim gliding with an Exodia Contagion equiped zaw .]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Should have launched a Projectile.]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [No projectile launched]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [90%, Have attempted in Hydron, Sanctuary and Simulacrum, will only launch 1 out of 10 attempts.]

You have to bulletjump or double jump first.