Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation Scarlet Spear: Bug Reporting Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: I didn't get the right amount of credit
  • VISUAL:

Same mission, 17 condrix (Mate screen) 20200409220355_1.jpg

Here, no emblem on my head20200409220642_1.jpg

And finaly you can see on the board how muxh crédits i get. On this one you can sse that only the host get the full amountunknown.png

• REPRODUCTION: Just play your event. Happen to me during the first week and then none til last week. It's now 1 time on 2 even for Murex missions.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should get 4131 crédits, emblem and fun
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I get 405 crédits, no emblem, no fun
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 50% of the time at least !

• TYPE: UI
  • DESCRIPTION: When in a Murex Ship, if you call up the Tactical screen, active timers on skills disappear. (I.e: as a Limbo, my remainging duration of Stasis and Cataclysm disappeared when I exited the Tactical screen. The skills are clearly still active so taht's good.  When I asked the mesa to check, he too had his Shooting Gallery & Shattering Shield durations turn off). You could still see the skill's icons botttom right wit hdifferent color as they were activated but the timer that is supposed to sit on them disappeared. If I manually turn off my Stasis and Cataclysm, and then activate them again, the timers do appear again (and you can break them again by calling up the Tactical screen and exiting it).
  • VISUAL
  • REPRODUCTION: It happened every time;
  • EXPECTED RESULT: When I exited the Tactical screen while on the Murex, active timers on my skill-icons should still be visible
  • OBSERVED RESULT: timers ons skills went missing after closing Tactical screen while on Murrex until I recast them
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% reproducable that mission.

• TYPE: Gameplay
  • DESCRIPTION: Starting a new space mission as host went to find my Railjack with breaches and fires everywhere while still full of level 100+ sentients left from the previous mission. The fires had tripled from what was left behind which leads me to believe the sentients that were left started a massive party on board.
  • VISUALWarframe0019.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: First time seen
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Expected to find a Railjack in good condition and clear of mobs
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Railjack at very low health with fires, breaches and enemies everywhere
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Not sure
Edited by Janado
  • Like 1

• TYPE: IN-GAME CONTROLS
  • DESCRIPTION:
    • Using a Stream Controller.  Controls stop working, then start working again.  Sometimes control inputs get stuck while all inputs are ignored.
  • VISUAL: none taken - this happens in the middle of any action, and it would be hard to show the instance it starts without some form of overlay or external camera to show the controller use and the game screen at the same time
  • REPRODUCTION:
    • Just play the game
    • Happens with or without input.
    • For example, I may be standing still, then attempt an input (move, cast ability, etc) and find it just does not work.
    • Another example, I may be moving and suddenly stop moving.
    • Running the Ground (Condrix) missions, it appeared to happen often just as the Condrix was performing one of its key actions (open eye or close eye, I think)
    • Mostly seeing this in Space missions, as I run them more often
    • Going into/out-of operator or archwing does not appear to have an impact
  • EXPECTED RESULT:
    • Controller should keep working normally (i.e. inputs should perform their expected operations)
    • Game should not continue processing inputs that are not there (this shows up as my frame moving forward, or at a diagonal, non-stop regardless of inputs, except when I escape to the menu)
  • OBSERVED RESULT:
    • Controller inputs get ignored
    • Controller inputs appear to be stuck (movement continues even when no inputs are used)
    • Sometimes inputs appear to unstick, but all controller input is ignored
  • REPRODUCTION RATE:
    • Does not happen reliably, but has been increasing in frequency.
    • Happened even before scarlet spear, but those times it felt more permanent and far less frequent
      • Could go days without hitting a bug
      • Some days, would hit the bug multiple times even with a complete restart of the system between instances
    • Now, the controller will stop working and suddenly start working again multiple times in the same Scarlet Spear mission - it FEELS as if the code is re-initializing, or resetting, the state of the controller often during the game, but not getting it right.
  • WORK-AROUNDS ATTEMPTED AND RESULTS
    • Switch into operator and back - mixed results.  Mostly does not help.  May have appeared to help occasionally.
    • Warp back to the Railjack - mixe results.  Mostly does not help.  May have appeared to help occasionally.
    • Disconnect and reconnect controller (wired).  Does not help.  Causes steam profile (e.g. custom button mappings) to be lost on the controller, although it may later be restored.
    • Void dash.  Does not help.
    • Escape to menu.  Does not help.
    • Change controller setting via menu (e.g. change one button's operation), save and apply.  Mostly does not help.  May have appeared to help occasionally.
    • Press different buttons on the controller. Does not help.
    • Switch to keyboard+mouse gameplay.  Mostly works, but does not help with lack of proficiency for the user with K+M ;-).  When movement is stuck, the K+M work to "adjust" the movement, but those controls need to account for the phantom input (i.e. I don't move in the direction requested with the keyboard).

If there were an in-game tool to debug the state of the controller, I would use it.

UPDATE: running the first sortie mission today, hit this and was reminded of another symptom that _may_ be related (may enter a separate bug for this).  On entering the mission, the transition finished and I started to move with the controler.  One step later, and the end of the transition played again, and then the controller stopped working.  Are there 2 (or more) threads fighting here?  I have seen a lot of symptoms like this, which make me think two threads in the game are both trying to calculate state, causing duplicate transitions and the like.....

Edited by AshikagaWest
added an update with more symptoms and question about threads

I have a now FULLY REPRODUCIBLE BUG possibly across platforms... and not fun ones.

So the first is, if you are piloting/flying while going to scarlet spear, if boost or ANY other commands are issued, the command menu and some interactions including sound samples continue to play. To hilarious effect sometimes some animations related to Railjack lock the Warframe to hilarious glitchy-animation effect. However some players might find that janky and gross or stupid. Likewise, the Railjack Health and Shield bars and HUD are still visible as well as the 'projectile weapon' FULL CROSS HAIR, and particle barrier and swarm missiles.

Sometimes boost for the railjack loops and holding 'aim' instantly resets animations.

Anyway, seems to happen so often that if you just barely randomly spam boost or simply fly the rail jack and someone returns to the flotilla, stuff it sort of get's carried over in part.

https://imgur.com/a/iRnpcqhneEpCDJ.png

Second is, if you are in the engineering hub and refueling something, it can radically overcharge. Which I think is almost a feature because some people don't refuel anything.

Thirdly, if most people attempt to play and do end up playing their shawzin sometimes they'll be stuck in a shawzin-like stance when they re-enter the flotilla, which to me again is almost like a feature like a 'air guitar' stance'. 

These happen regularly enough that I can say that in confidence these bugs can be squished. Cheers team. You got it.  

Edited by Bibbly

Are you sure you applied the recent dispositions changes correctly?

This is what my riven looked like before:

Spoiler

qn3GJqY.jpg

this is after the nerf:

Spoiler

OAB0cgU.jpg

Is this a UI problem or what? How is it possible for the stats to have been lowered by that much by a 1->0.8 change? I'm genuinely worried.

• TYPE: In-game, Specter
  • DESCRIPTION: Umbra Excal specter equipped with Shemu and the Paracesis. Does not clear Sentient resistances. Force tier Specter.
  • VISUAL:
  • REPRODUCTION: Tested in 3 Murex missions and in Sanctum. 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The specter using abilities, reloading, or hitting with the Paracesis should clear resistances
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Resistances are not cleared.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: every time, which is to say resistances are never cleared.

35 minutes ago, Hellspikez said:

Hide contents

qn3GJqY.jpg

this is after the nerf:

Hide contents

OAB0cgU.jpg

Is this a UI problem or what? How is it possible for the stats to have been lowered by that much by a 1->0.8 change? I'm genuinely worried.

Not a bug. This is a you problem. You got caught up comparing two different things.

The first is showing the correct values for a 1.45 disposition Nukor.

The second must be showing in the arsenal in a Kuva Nukor and is also correctly showing values for a disposition 0.8.

You can check the values easily in a Riven Calculator site like Semlar's if you want.

41 minutes ago, Hellspikez said:

Reveal hidden contents

qn3GJqY.jpg

this is after the nerf:

Reveal hidden contents

OAB0cgU.jpg

In some places that is called misleading advertising.

3 minutes ago, Koalachan said:

Not a bug. This is a you problem. You got caught up comparing two different things.

The first is showing the correct values for a 1.45 disposition Nukor.

The second must be showing in the arsenal in a Kuva Nukor and is also correctly showing values for a disposition 0.8.

This would seem to be the 'answer'...try putting the riven in the normal Nukor so we can see the claimed values (your first picture), the normal Nukor values (new image needed), and the nerfed values...er..Kuva Nukor values (your second image).

Isn't it fun to see an ad for a new game saying "This is a totally free to play game!" and then you login and at the end of the tutorial you get a prompt: "Please deposit $19.99/month in your online wallet to play this F2P game."

The ad in this case is the reveal screen...then you 'pay to play' by putting that sweet riven in an actual weapon.

I received the wrong amount of points after a Ground Mission. I finished the mission after the 17 Condrix, but on the end of mission screen, I got 2025 credits, plus another 2106 credits, like they were different items.

PtCEZLm.jpg

On the scoreboard, it shows I only got 2106.

gK9tB4T.jpg

Which means I will only get 4k bonus instead of the 8k that I was supposed to get.

• DESCRIPTION: I was piloting a Grineer crewship when the ship's reactor was destroyed by a teammate, I was stuck in an endless blackness with no way to get myself out. I also appeared to still have the crewship aiming reticule.
  • VISUAL: UCNHUpR.png
  • REPRODUCTION: I was piloting the Grineer crewship when a teammate blew it up
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The grineer crewship blows up and I am not placed into an endless blackness
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The grineer crewship explodes and I am trapped in an endless void
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: I have not attempted to reproduce this, but I assume the same thing could happen again.

• TYPE: in-game
  • DESCRIPTION: Inbox message
  • REPRODUCTION: simply play scarlet spear space I guess
  • VISUAL:HMMMM.JPG?width=873&height=755HMMMM2.JPG?width=864&height=755
  • EXPECTED RESULT: get 10k+ scarlet credits due to running 2 full murex raids with full squad which should give bonus of 10k due to getting a total score of 5k or higher
  • OBSERVED RESULT: got 720 credits
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: hasn't happened previous times, likely unknown factor caused this bug to happen
Edited by Firewolfslayer
fixed and added some stuff

• TYPEIn-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: An OpLink can be protected and healed with Vazarin Protective Dash.
  • VISUALhttps://youtu.be/lnOaIhGm7Cs
  • REPRODUCTION: Switch to Vazarin with Protective Dash, start ground Scarlet Spear operation, deploy an OpLink, let it take some damage, Void Dash through it to protect it (healing effect will work if an OpLink didn't take damage for 3 seconds).
    EXPECTED RESULT: An OpLink did not receive protection and healing from Vazarin Void Dash.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: An OpLink received protection and healing from Vazarin Void Dash.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% but sometimes healing may stop before reaching full health, at about 19,750 or so.

• DESCRIPTION: Players randomly disconnected while playing Condrix missions. Play any Condrix mission on any relay. Ever since Hotfix 27.3.9 I have been playing a lot of Condrix Ground Assault mission and I have noticed that players would randomly drop out in the middle of a mission. Regardless if I am hosting the mission or joined another squad, there is a good chance that at random, a random player will disconnect from the rest in the middle of the mission, at random times. Someiemes I would be host migrated and be left alone to do the mission. Another trend I have noticed is that it is a higher chance that I would be the only person hosting and doing a Condrix mission alone despite being in a flotilla with large numbers of players as well.
  • VISUAL: No way for me to capture this since it would happen randomly.
  • REPRODUCTION: I guess, just play any Condrix missions in any of the flotilla instances.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should expect a fairly good chance of me joining up with other squads for Condrix missions. I should expect players once joined in the mission to stay in the mission until completion or when the players themselves move to extraction while the rest of the team continues, not have random players randomly disconnected at random times.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I have observed that there is a much higher degree of me starting the Condrix assault mission alone. And I have observed that despite being in a squad of 2 to 4 players, there will be a random player who will randomly disconnect from the mission in progress.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Fairly high enough to notice a jarring discrepancies since Hotfix 27.3.9.

• DESCRIPTION: The flotilla score boards does not update progress despite being in the flotilla for more than an hour
  • VISUAL: https://imgur.com/copWwaZ
  • REPRODUCTION: Enter any of the flotilla and this occurs 100% of the time with me.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should expect to see the scoreboard update in real time or close to real time as players in the flotilla work together to drive away 100 Murex
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I have observed that there is no progress of the scoreboard, except for the timer counting down.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% of the time since Hotfix 27.3.10, at least from my perspective.

• TYPE: Event, Scarlet Spear
  • DESCRIPTION: No Murex state, scoring or population in ongoing flotilla. No missions can be started.
  • VISUAL: JooqGVy
  • REPRODUCTION: Entering a flotilla.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Flotilla and scoreboard should be populated. Should be able to start missions.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Flotilla and scoreboard unpopulated. Unable to start missions.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Consistent occurrence over past three (3) days.
Edited by 41_ma3
Corrected Visual Link

• TYPE: Program
  • DESCRIPTION: Program does not properly terminate upon quitting game. Requires the Warframe process to be manually terminated in task manager.
  • VISUAL: https://imgur.com/a/QB9Mp59
  • REPRODUCTION: Quit game.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Warframe process should be terminated upon quitting game.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Warframe process remains in list of processes after quitting game.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Consistent occurrence since Hotfix 27.3.10

• TYPEIn-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: An OpLink can be healed with Sancti Magistar when hitting enemies with a heavy attack.
  • VISUALhttps://youtu.be/LNjuS4MIuwk
  • REPRODUCTION: Equip Sancti Magistar, start ground Scarlet Spear operation, deploy an OpLink, let it take some damage, hit a nearby enemy (<15m from an OpLink) with Santi Magistar's heavy attack.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: An OpLink did not receive healing from Sancti Magistar.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: An OpLink received healing from Sancti Magistar.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% but sometimes healing may stop before reaching full health, at about 19,750 or so.

• DESCRIPTION: Host migration bugs in Scarlet Speark Murex raid
  • VISUAL: https://imgur.com/rDwx98E
  • REPRODUCTION: Host disconnect during raid
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Everything keeps working as normal after migration
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Enemies stopped spawning in our current Murex we were in the middle of (the single enemy in the screenshot radar didn't move at all the entire time, we just say there and waited). Codes received went backwards from about 6 down to 2. The next Murex was fine, enemies were spawning again, but the one after that wouldn't let us enter the murex after placing the satellite (it did say the satellite was placed and to enter the murex)
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Randomly occurred once but isn't the first time we've seen strange host migration issues, seems to always be something different, matchmaking system seriously needs an overhaul/replacement.

• DESCRIPTION: Incorrect credits rewarded on leaving Scarlet Spear ground assault
  • VISUAL: https://imgur.com/AHoI70X
  • REPRODUCTION: dont know, what caused it 🤷‍♂️
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Getting the correct payout, should be over 1000 points for the 10 condrix we went through during that 24 minutes.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Rewarded credits listed as 90 :sadcry:
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Randomly occurred, only noticed it once but could have happened before, I dont always look at the results screen. There were no other issues seen during the mission so no correlation noticed.

• DESCRIPTION: Wrong credits from 100/100 flotilla
  • VISUAL: (don't have imgur account so not gonna post the screenshots)
  • REPRODUCTION: Play Scarlet Spear get 9568 points from space runs...go help ground crews finish off the 7 left to get 100/100...get back after hitting 100/100 and have 162 points. Get inbox mail with 360 'bonus' credits.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: A playable event that gives the 10k credits earned
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Continued uselessness of patching this garbage event and only getting 360 credits as the "bonus"
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every time you try to play Warframe's latest garbage event Scarlet Spear

This is so infuriating to play the event three weeks after launch and have it still being a stinking pile of garbage.

• DESCRIPTION: Attempting to use a Parazon mod on a Lich using Warframe Grendel while having devored an enemy. Here's what happens - Grendel moves in to strike with the parazon mod and once he touches the Lich, he is one-shot and falls dead onto the ground. This also happens when Grendel is in Pulverize form and he is grabbed by a Lich - he will fall onto the ground and will be unable to get back up.
  • VISUAL: N/A
  • REPRODUCTION: Use Grendel in a Lich mission and attempt to use a Parazon Mod on them.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Lich should not kill Grendel.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Grendel on the floor sometimes bugged to the point where he cannot be ressurected.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

2 bugs, completely unrelated but really want them to get fixed. 

1. I have a ps4 pro and one of my mates is a vauban main. If he places more than 4 bastilles (detonated) and i walk through them, my whole ps4 crashes. I’ve had my ps4 crash more than 10 times when i test it. 3 is fine, more than 4 crashes the whole thing. He uses normal Vauban and a bright green energy color, pretty sure this information is useless but im trying my best lol  

2. When using Nova Prime, accidentally inflicting self damage with the Kuva Bramma, causing the backflip stagger animation thingy to occur, nova becomes jumplocked and unable to jump until you inflict more self damage causing the same animation to play. It doesnt happen when Constitution is removed, but that’s essential to my Nova build. It appears to only occur with Nova Prime and the Kuva Bramma (mine is toxin but havent tested any other element) with the Constitution mod on. I dont know if its only the prime version. 

Note: I have had the glitch to occur on Saryn Prime once, also using the Kuva Bramma but without the constitution mod. The bug appears to be linked to the Kuva Bramma.

This was posted here as a desperate attempt to save the lives of Nova Mains, if you are listening DE, contact us via the latest hotfix. 

Sincerely, Nova Main #3649DY

• DESCRIPTION: I joined a murex squad and upon returning to orbiter I barely got 2 relics from 5 murex.
  • VISUALkAYNcBH.png
  • REPRODUCTION: Join a squad in a murex event (don't be host) and play as normal, see if you're getting any relics.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Getting a relic per code received.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Not getting relics per code received.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Not sure, probably happens always for clients.

Railjack Tactical screen frozen/stuck/locked

TYPE: UI ish

DESCRIPTION: Sat in the Railjack looking at a player inside of the Murex when a lagspike hit. After that all the buttons were locked - I couldn't leave the tactical menu, open the esc menu nor TP anywhere (despite having both the relevant intrinsics). /unstuck did nothing (naturally - i wasn't stuck in the terrain). Couldn't Alt-F4 either. Had to close the game via the toolbar.

VISUAL: [This is where I would've added my screenshot, if I had one]

REPRODUCTION: Strangling the connection or processing power might produce similar results?

EXPECTED RESULT: Lag spike stops, I TP inside the Murex and everything's working perfectly well as usual

OBSERVED RESULT: Lag spike made the tactical screen forget what intrinsics I had?

REPRODUCTION RATE: It has only occurred once in a dozen murex raids or so.