Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation Scarlet Spear: Bug Reporting Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

Please, I beg of you DE, MAKE THE DIALOGUE OPTIONS SKIPPABLE. There have been so many times I've been trying to get into Lil' Duck's trade list but keep accidentally hitting the dialogue option above it and then I have to wait for her extremely slow voice lines to finish. There have been times when I accidentally clicked it, went to the bathroom at the other side of my house, and came back and she was STILL TALKING.

PLEASE make it skippable after the first time listening. If I have to deal with unskippable, buggy dialogue for the entirety of the Tau system, I'm actually not going to be able to continue with the storyline.

• TYPE:In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Murex misson, Drop Rates where way too high,over 400 sentient cores and 2 shedus pats sets in one Murex raid, used Mesa peacemakers and couldn't stop it
  • VISUAL: "https://imgur.com/a/fV787HN" (mid misson screenshot)
  • REPRODUCTION: -
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Normal drop rates,
  • OBSERVED RESULT: could move with mesa 4 active but not shoot or deactivate, way too many drops
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: happened only once

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Frost Bubble no longer blocks blast radius of Corpus on Fortuna (at least). 
  • VISUAL: Screenshots don't make much sense. The bubble stops the shot, but not the blast. If you stand too close to the edge, you'll take damage.
  • REPRODUCTION: Go to fortuna, aggro a bunch and try to stay inside a bubble. 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Bubble should block it. 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: It doesn't. 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 2/2 so far it seems, getting absolutely trashed by the first profit-taker bounty now. 

• TYPE: [In-Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: [Was disconnected from ground squad mid-run, was returned to flotilla, clearly not in a squad, but was still in the squad chat. squad could not reinvite me.]
  • VISUAL: [below]
  • REPRODUCTION: [unknown.]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [should have been fully kicked from squad, or should have been able to rejoin somehow]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [unable to rejoin mission, didn't get credit for the run]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [N/A]

mkf85z7.png

• TYPE: In Game Scarlet Spear Ground Assault
  • DESCRIPTION: When hosting ground assault mission redeemer prime does very little damage against condrix
  • REPRODUCTION: When hosting ground assault mission redeemer prime does very little damage against condrix
  • EXPECTED RESULT: When hosting ground assault mission redeemer prime should do the same amount of damage vs condrix as when not hosting
  • OBSERVED RESULT: When hosting ground assault mission redeemer prime does very little damage against condrix
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%
  • Like 1

• DESCRIPTION: I was playing a normal murex raid with a squad of 4. The UI that shows the objective at the start of the mission freezes randomly and rewards aren't given to me specifically (since I was the only one in the squad that had this bug) when the murex raid is complete or when someone extracts from the murex raid.
  • VISUAL

BEhAXj0.jpg

• REPRODUCTION: This seems to happen randomly at the start of each mission.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The UI should update to all actions done in game and rewards should be given at the end of the murex raid.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The UI is frozen and shows 0 murexes driven away even though I have driven away at least 1 before this screenshot was taken and I didn't get any of the rewards at the end of the murex raid.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: This only happens once at the beginning of the murex raid.
Edited by Belugaking

• TYPE: Scarlet Spear
  • DESCRIPTION: On last Murex of run, when entering Murex, would get black screen and audio of archwing.  Could fly around and shoot (or at least hear myself) and could teleport back to ship with Omni.  Same result would happen if I tried again.  Rest of squad didn't finish mission (1 left, 1 died, and one on railjack, but could get on Murex, just couldn't defend all alone with Excalibur).
  • VISUAL: Black screen
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Enter Murex
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Black screen archwing mode
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: I've only had it one time, but another squad member (client) had it happen last night.

• TYPEIn-Game (PS4)
  • DESCRIPTION: Frozen oplink status/progression in HUD
  • VISUAL: a picture would not really show a frozen hud
  • REPRODUCTION: Restart murex raid with the same squad
    EXPECTED RESULT: see oplink progress and receive reward per completed code.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Not received any standing or completed code rewards

This is a bug report for PS4. Was trying to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue but I couldn't find any other posts.

• TYPE: In-game
  • DESCRIPTION: Whenever I try to start any Murex raids I receive a message saying I do not own a Railjack. I have tried doing this with all settings (public, friend only, invite only and solo). Sporadically it seeme to work the first time I join a flotilla and set it to invite only. However on completion when I try to start it again I get the same message saying I do not own a Railjack.
  • VISUAL: Not really applicable since the only visual I get is a message saying no squads are available if I try to do a public join or a message saying I do not own a Railjack for any other group setting.
  • REPRODUCTION: Not sure how replicable this is since I have asked in my alliance and nobody else seems to have had the issue
  • EXPECTED RESULT: To be able to start the Murex raid given that I actually worked on my Railjack and have seen base level Railjacks when using the public join 😂.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Description pretty much says it all.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: It happens pretty much all the time. I have been able to do maybe 1 public match making and 1 invite only match in my attempts from the event start.

• TYPE:  In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION:  infinite falling on returning from space mission
  • VISUAL:  Proof: https://gfycat.com/shallowaptcow
  • REPRODUCTION: Happened at random. encountered it twice so far.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Land normally on scarlet spear flotilla after mission completed.
  • OBSERVED RESULT:

finished space mission (mission success), but on returning to flotilla I got stuck in an infinite fall alongside one other person and was forced to leave it instead of completing further missions for bonus. Typing unstuck had it inform me that I had be ingame to use said command.

Given that a flotilla is not open-world, I could not use usual trick of flying back up on archwing and landing on hoverboard.

• REPRODUCTION RATE: Happened at random. encountered it twice so far.

• TYPE: In game
  • DESCRIPTION: Started a new murex in flotilla 13
  • REPRODUCTION: N/A
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Deploy oplink
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No one could deploy oplink so we all left
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 1x
  • TYPE: In game
  • DESCRIPTION: Returned to orbiter after full murex run in flotilla 18 or 19
  • REPRODUCTION: N/A
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Mission success with all credits and loot
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Mission results showed mission failed and no credits or loot collected during mission
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every now and then

• TYPE: Stance Forma Bug for Wukong Iron Staff In Game
  • DESCRIPTION: I used the new Stance Forma on Wukong's Iron staff, hoping that I would grant additonal points for capacity as with other melee weapons.
  • VISUAL: None
  • REPRODUCTION: Use Stance Forma on Iron Staff
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Primal Fury should turn yellow and give a bonus to capacity.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No change from before using the stance forma
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% & wasted Stance Forma

Stance Forma should either enable exhalted melee weapons to give additional capacity, or the Stance Forma should not be usable on exhalted melee weapons.

Edited by Thiadon

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZyebYe2NWpmtHqszNPBoTYPE: Character ability-transference
  • DESCRIPTION: This bug has existed for a long time now. Where your character's equipment, abilities and animation locks up all of the sudden. Unable to fire your guns, switch back to either your operator or your Warframe, use abilities and even locks you from using the team chat. It happens whenever I switch to my operator. So everytime I'm in a squad my character bugs out and breaks my game session. 
  • VISUAL: I won't you already knew this one. 
  • REPRODUCTION: full squad during events or any mission that has alot of moving parts. Enemies and A giant thing in front of you. Go to operator mode in quick successions during high combat scenario. 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: something will lock up all of the sudden. It can be anything. The only way to reset your character is through a self revive. If your game allows you to die. 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: unable to fire weapons, interact with interactive objects, unable to switch back to operator or to your Warframe. Anything that shouldn't lock up, locks up. 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Everytime I'm in a full squad doing high combat scenario missions

• DESCRIPTION: Mesa´s Peacemaker randomly switching to a 3 shot burst mode (making her loose 70-80% of her dps) Mostly against sentients but sometimes also against other factions
  • VISUAL
  • REPRODUCTION: Be the host (can happen as client too but mostly as host) and be mesa (prime), squad should have 4 ppl (also happens with 3 ppl and very rarely with 2ppl in the squad), and use peacemaker A LOT (fps drops seem to cause this 31 fps seems to be the magic noumber (so having low fps or a drop below 31 fps seems to trigger this) not sure tho)
  • EXPECTED RESULT: constant damage with rising fire rate
  • OBSERVED RESULT: randomly switching to a 3 shot burst mode 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: with 4 ppl at least 3-4 times a run of 17 condrix up to every single use of peacemaker (also happens in space) mostly happens during the last 5 condrix
Edited by FL00FMASTER
potentional trigger for the bug found

• DESCRIPTION: [Ancient Healer specter spawned in default level 33 no matter which number of Murex Raid I was doing.]
  • VISUAL: [-]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Just spawn an Ancient Healer specter in any Murex Raid number, eg 1st Murex to 5th Murex]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [The Ancient Healer specter should spawn to level according to the level of enemies present at the time of spawn, just like ground mission, but it doesn't]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [Ancient Healer didn't spawn at enemy level]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [All the time]

• DESCRIPTION: [I finished a Scarlet Spear mission and left Incursion to come back to my Liset. I got message for the emblem...but I got it 3 times]
  • VISUAL: 914w.png
  • REPRODUCTION: [I don't know how to replicate it]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [I expected to get it once, not three time]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [See in Visual]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [As I don't know how to reproduce it, I can't give a reproduction rate]

• -=- MULTIPLE VERY SEVERE BUGS -=-
  • DESCRIPTION: Stuck in Operator mode [18:10] -> Melee Weapon missing [19:20] -> Can't pick up any ammo [32:10]  --> All Gear Gone after death [35:20] -> Lost all non-credit rewards on completion [38:00]
  • VISUAL:
  • REPRODUCTION: I guess spam operator multiple times to get rid of sentient resistances
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have been able to hit "5" to go back into my frame
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Stuck in Operator mode [18:10] -> Melee Weapon missing [19:20] -> Can't pick up any ammo [32:10]  --> All Gear Gone after death [35:20] -> Lost all non-credit rewards on completion [38:00]   - Occurred at 10:45PMish PST 4/11/2020
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Once, but incredibly detrimental - Multiple bugs and eventually lead to huge loss in rewards 
  • Like 1

• TYPE: Animation/Gameplay
  • DESCRIPTION: I was playing a ground Scarlet Spear mission (as a client, not hosting), when I became stuck facing one direction. No matter what direction I moved, my Warframe's facing direction did not change, and the running forward animation played. Aiming with right-click caused me to change my facing normally, but as soon as I stopped aiming, I was stuck in the new orientation. /unstuck did not help.
  • VISUAL: Gifs below. Please excuse the choppiness, they are composited from spamming F6.

sZlSPzb.gif

V29yPZu.gif

1UVnl7U.gif

• REPRODUCTION: Unknown. I was spamming a lot of Redeemer Prime heavy attacks, so that might play into it.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Moving the mouse should cause me to change facing direction.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I became stuck facing one direction and was unable to perform most actions. I was able to list what I could and couldn't do while stuck in this state, hopefully it helps narrow down the cause:
    • Could not:
      • Change direction normally
      • Fire weapons
      • Melee attack
      • Use Warframe abilities
      • Enter Operator mode
      • Dodge with Shift
    • Could:
      • Use gear menu and activate gear
      • Double jump
      • Crouch and slide
      • Use the alt-fire of the Fulmin - interestingly, if I spammed M1 while the mode-switch animation played, I could fire 1 shot right after the mode change before becoming stuck again
      • Interact with X - revive companions and open lockers
      • Switch weapons - melee key switched to melee but did not attack
      • Toggle between sprinting and walking
      • Pick up items
      • Set waypoints
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: It has only happened once - it's not clear what exactly caused it, so I haven't been able to reproduce it yet. I have saved my EE.log from this session and can provide it upon request.
    • Edit: It happened again, this time on a Murex mission. I believe the cause may be related to multiple rapid Void Dashes in quick succession - I was dashing through the Murex to try and get to the drop point, and when I went back into my Warframe I was locked. I was able to reset myself by going into Archwing and back out again.
Edited by ProTerraMori
  • Like 1

Hi

• TYPE: In-game,UI
  • DESCRIPTION: UI for the progression of what condrix am at and the score of the current ground mission i am in
  • REPRODUCTION: My loadout was Limbo,Shedu,A catchmoon kitgun and a plague kripath zaw and the Helios prime sentinel with his weapon, if that helps at all 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: for the game to tell me which condrix am at and the score of the current mission
  • OBSERVED RESULT: a frozen layout of that UI that either tells me am still at 0 condrix and score even though am not and wrong info on what to do (defeat sentients and all)  
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: nearly every mission i played today with that loadout,i dont know if its that loadout that caused it or not since i didnt test with any other thing
Edited by Atlas_is_bae
UI

i figured some scarlet spear enemies should remain in the game after the event, so as the content is effective for using later it should be cocoons and egglarvies which the scientist use for good and evil, batteries, anyways on the bottom of ships i which makes archwing and minning more interesting to discover a few different tyypes of treasures when exploring in the world of warframe, your players should find themselves fighting those enemies after the event in the other planets nodes and bossfights for extra loot,  i thought of many rewards even during fishing, which would allow konzu and fortuna npcs to have more loot and things to talk about, there was a facehugger over there and we have scented killerspray, anyways, they glow at night so its not a problem, blah blah, the rank system and syndicate progresion for both cetus and fortuna are a great example of lack of terasure / content gaps, with this new formating thats happening i hope you add more enemy types and features.

*and the water/caverns realistically to make for some new infested and facehugging dens, they like it moist, dark, spiders do so in fortuna, but there aren't enough of them, they need more traps and things, the baby murex & enemies need to have additional HAIR and CARAPACE this is later used in crafting and weapons blueprints in some other game areas, but the other NPC shops and vendors will have the access to them of the game later,

*originally i figured that maybe its a good idea to keep some of these enemies around in other POE areas where there are endless missions and bounties(NODES) THUS* to do keep them sharp, also new players will get a chance at what i feel like when i see the rodents and am surrounded, if they were to be deployed or attached on computers, this could be like they feed on electricity. If the murex were LATCHERS and seeked out robots and computers, then they woulnt die so easily, thus they eventually have barberic factions and evolve later on. This gives them a chance to tackle players get hit with elemental attacks, and also higher resistance to bullets like anime, the matrix, for example a murex who can warp time, will have a durable shield which bends reality, they could have their dominions as bosses later on, cash_or reasons to horde credits and human things for warmth/acceptance, new glyph, new emotes, soda.

The consoles and Flotilla were a bit in need of shops, and other NPC, i think it was rather small area, i hope they can be reused later for new NPC, and blacksmiths, entry level candidacy to make railjack more doable, and, and PVP gathering, sayed, effort to keep players away from complains, the visitors get a pass and bones which they keep up for an hour, if they find relays boring-after the visitors passes mayhem. 

*maybe the relic missions , excavations and other planets have continue

Scarlet spear enemies added permanently which would look really good invading corpus sciences, leaching data-banks, and inside the ship tile-sets, if the corpus were to raise guns against them, or something. (In resident evil the dogs break through the windows, but i dont doubt that some lockers and chest could have some grown parasites and crawlers which pop-up so it would make sense if players stopped opening the green lockers -thankyou - the best thing to do is use ur gun or knife to pop them open by force.

the security can still trigger unless you are all ons,  but that might set off some alarms if a guy hears you down the hall, they can play it off and set traps, or activate shields, but at least these murex enemies could drop from the ceiling tiles and save time on the loading screens like the classic games, so yeah,

cool ideas for those game areas to have the event enemies drop various blueprint containing new kitguns parts from the broken enemies and shields to make, it depends, if these murex spawns were found during bounties, or in other nodes, overall if you cant' come up with zaws or mods to atleast allow the players to still get Crimsom* or Scarlet spear tokens.

, this way the bounties in fortuna & cetus dont end up trash,terribly boring , --in fortuna you have requirements to get teh heavy gun even if u have bought hyldren like i did, you have to get RANK5 so it was unfortunate to wait that long then have to fight the orbmother even though i had half of the parts, the points is! more aliens and kuva siphon in POE / Openworld areas should be more exciting if liches and other big enemies show up, while the excavators and bounties could only see that the missions get more bonuses and things to do after players fail the missions, maybe the minimap could have some additional events so the squadrons don't break up so soon, lastly in general the enemies you see in some planets and settings should be able to migrate, i tell this to all my MMORPG games they got dungeons with preset enemies and areas in the openworld stuck with generic sheep forever, its not as good as seeing a zombie sheep once a while or a migrating enemy escaping the dungeon, birds do this S#&$ all the time, why can't video games follow, most games just get a remake version with HD but are still failing to deliver the realism for PVE, the enemies die one hit, or are the same ones, so the players don't have to bother trying new things, they just blow S#&$ up, and extract, at least with scarlet spear there was strong sentiends and bug thingies, but they don't drop anything excitable, i would figure we could make some new swords and melee weapons, spears for fishing, and other wares for vendors / NPC need to use scarlet spear to sell things, barely anything on the platinum market, faction loot, and at least the missions rewards and chest, well, bistroes, lets make more bistros for the relays, also cetus has some food places and tents the fishermen will need to get stronger demos, maybe another pet, or collectible rewards so that hai-luk has stuff to sell/trade, we need those nakaak pearls, and atleast other types of fishing in the other planets...even pvp...pvp fishing....or like some new pants for the warframe and Omnious shoes for the operator, then ordis gets drunk, and kubrows. But you have to shoot the damn lockers from far away, if the god of dogs shoot fireballs from his mouth and did a few geomancy magics then kubrow woulnt be so horrible to use, so maybe we missed out on adding a few robotics and upgrades but watever, i dont see why little duck doesnt wanna reveal that she is actually a little duck inside, but i'll come up with some thing, she looks like a girl who is so bored,that she can throw a pog, then theres some cello music, bubblugumming and yo-yo tossing, vent kids,. I know eventually the murex will dissapear or get shifted like the halloween and squirtguns but lets atleast consider that in combat the murex did not have any attacks or magics which made each encounter seem more dramatic or interesting, overwall it was like running a marathon, the space enemies was cool but there should be positive rewards even if u fail the lot, i thinkin the course of tahe mission. each castle wwas dead, i fear soloing any of it, but i did my share of exploring, looked around for stuff like treasure chest, there ware like these headtotems maybe a nice place for scanning and arquitectures to enter some abandoned ships in space later on they can crash down in openworld areas and other planet nodes with new content, new enemies and blueprints to grab, forge new tools, and what not.

but from what i saw and played till rank 30k reward, mesa was a popular choice on the ground and space missions, ran out of bullets once it was horrible times with umbra at halfspeed, jumping sword attack! occasionally really horrible damage with my operator's disk, because i dont have the fortuna AMPS, in the railjack there should be some way to hire a few warriors, NPC and robots and SHOPS for the flotilla and dojo's should get some privillages, supplied emails, etc. from what i saw it was hell with spraying,

theres actually one BUG with that healing gun and heavy gun in $&*^mode, coulnt switch back to the acceltra, uh thats about it.

Edited by SnakeBadger
  • Like 1

Type: In-game

Description: Sentients are openly ignoring warframe abilities.

Visual: None needed.

Reproduction: Every Space and Ground mission I've run today.

Expected result: Stasis, Avalanche, Peacemaker and other abilities should be affecting/harming Sentients. 

Observed result: Sentients are ignoring stasis, not being frozen by frost even for a split second and are sometimes not targeted by Peacemaker.

If this isn't a bug, it is at least a very poor decision. The entire reason Warframes were used was to overwhelm the sentients with powers they couldn't adapt to.

Edited by Brynslustafir