Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we save space mom? Please. (Major Story spoilers)

(PSN)Captain_Bonecold

The Lotus never really had any personality beyond generic mission command. I don't much care what the outcome is, since she's not a character worth having attachment to. I wonder if the whole "space mom" thing would have caught on so much if she wasn't voiced by Rebb, who acts as a friendly and likable face for the company a lot.

at least from a community perspective, in game i guess the operator character clearly has an obsessive mother complex. I wonder if they would have still written it that way if the Lotus hadn't been "space mom" to the community for years before that, though.

Edited by OvisCaedo

2 hours ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

I want the lotus back.  I miss space mom. She was a warming embrace. Can we please save her? #savespacemom

She was brainwashed into babysitting the Tenno and turning against her own kind. Despite the fact that she's our enemy, I find it extremely disturbing that you consider enslaving and brainwashing her as "saving". Honestly, if I was in her place I'd want to exterminate the Tenno and Orokin too.

Edited by Sovyul
  • Like 1

I'm personally ambivalent on "saving" the Lotus. That entirely depends on what direction DE take her characterisation and ret-cons in. Whatever the eventuality, however, I don't want the Lotus back as my handler. Her theme of "motherhood" has played its part in the game's overall narrative. We started as lost children, we were abandoned by our mother, we survive and grew up. To go back to mother's side now would be a regression. Personally, I want an entirely new handler altogether, and my preference would be Ordis for two reasons.

For one thing, Ordis already handles the majority of my mission control. He pilots the Orbiter and the Landing Craft, he manages onboard systems, he constitutes my entire "crew." Secondly, Ordis is already part of MY Crew. Being ordered around by a third-party agent, be it the Lotus, Teshin or Little Duck, puts me in an inherently submissive position. A party I have no direct control over chooses my missions for me. Being instructed by a member of my own crew whom I employ and control puts me in a position of power. While, yes, a voice on the raido is still telling me where to go and what to do, I employ that voice. I am, in effect, engineering my own instructions.

If DE are smart, they'll re-record all of the Lotus' voice lines and migrate us over to them after The Sacrifice or at the very least after the Erra quest.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sovyul said:

She was brainwashed into babysitting the Tenno and turning against her own kind. Despite the fact that she's our enemy, I find it extremely disturbing that you consider enslaving and brainwashing her as "saving". Honestly, if I was in her place I'd want to exterminate the Tenno and Orokin too.

i still think that the lotus is someone else, possibly an entity in the helmet that somehow took control of natah.

On 2020-03-23 at 5:19 PM, Sovyul said:

Hunhow destroys worlds. The people and creatures of these worlds could be innocent. Hunhow is a monster. He hired stalker and empower him to kill a child of the void. The Tenno are survivors. The Tennos aren't orokins. The void change them. Warframes are the broken. Warframes are infected if excalibur umbras proof of that. Orokins used the tenno. The orokins are dead. Another culture destroy by Hunhow. Natah could love the tenno of her free will.

I only want a choice if it's going to matter.

With War Within I was able to get a perfect 50/50 'good/bad' symbol (which I like, everything in balance as it were). However, I had teshin kill the queen (didn't change anything) and I took the power to be used for good (which didn't change anything either). 

Don't give me an illusion of choice and it not matter (got plenty of that in fallout 4 thanks). 

If we save her, give a good reason for it - right now don't know enough one way or the other, but her invading my personal space in the Ropalyst fight alone gives me pause to slay her.

If we don't save her, give a good reason for it.

Again, don't give the illusion of choice if it won't matter in the end.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

did u not even play second dream?

Well of coarse. The lotus woke you up. Just like she woke me up. Just like there is only one Ordis. Cannon wise currently there is only one Tenno, you/(Me). We are all playing the same campaign. Everything else is an assumption, a vague flashback or a dream. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82

20 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Well of coarse. The lotus woke you up. Just like she woke me up. Just like there is only one Ordis. Cannon wise currently there is only one Tenno, you/(Me). We are all playing the same campaign. Everything else is an assumption, a vague flashback or a dream. 

there is more then 1 pods on the moon....

and in chains of harro, its evne said that every tenno will have to deal with a thing on top of you fighting a tenno....

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma