Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Sabotage

FableTale

So today during the alert mission, the team I joined up with (didn't know these people) were having a good time battling hordes of infested and were continuing to survive, even after the 12 minute mark. Suddenly, 1 player ruined the game by going to extraction without telling us and ended the game for the entire team. The problem isn't that the player left. It's okay to leave you have other things to do and I don't know what's going to behind the monitor. The problem is it takes 1 player to ruin or possibly sabotage the game.

DE should seriously fix this by letting that 1 PLAYER disconnect from the game and take the reward not the entire team.

Has anyone encountered this problem numerous times or is it only me?

as much as i agree i can also see where this could become a problem to some

As an example there are times where only 1 person manages to reach extraction safely but thanks to that everyone succeeds in the mission without needing to wait for the bleedout to finish and risk that person to die. (I admit it'll only happen if they make their stay too long but hey!)

Everyone that does public Survivals with random people experiences this. It's incredibly annoying because you don't know it's happening.

What's been suggested many times is that there needs to be a visible timer for when someone enters extraction so everyone has a chance to leave without losing their credit reward. I also think the timer should be doubled if three or four people are alive since it can be hectic getting through the enemies in Survival.

Murasame made a good point about the single person forcing extraction. As annoying as it is, maybe it won't be as bad if everyone is aware that extraction has been activated.

Until the bugs in Survival when a host migration occurs are cleanly ironed out as well, I think allowing that one person to leave when they could potentially be the host would be a bad idea. Also, if that person is allowed to abandon their group to leave by themselves for the reward, then that could screw over the party if things get too difficult and they're short one or two players. It could result in everyone dying and having to forfeit the mission, hard work lost.