Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would be nice if we could use our orbiter in Empyrean

what would you use it for ? it is litellary a landing craft and living space

and I don't want all my noggles to fly around too 🤔

Edited by suchamess
although I would like to see railjack having deployable one person fighter type of spacecraft
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FRTE_Ret5o said:

latest?cb=20170903164803&path-prefix=es

Its huge, yes. Seems is more a transport than a batle ship.

To make the scale. Seee the blue dots on the front? Thats the liset XD

Is this a future update or fan creation? I like it.

Just now, suchamess said:

what would you use it for ? it is litellary a landing pod and living space

and I don't want all my noggles to fly around too

Well since archwing/archmelee/archwing is pretty much useless in Empyrean, we need something nimble, agile and something that can actually destroy fighters without offloading several clips on a single enemy the orbiter is perfect. They can finally turn it into something more than what it is now, something to steer in limited direction in a loading screen

The Orbiter is massive and cumbersome, not to mention it doesn't have any weapons as far as we know. It's basically the space version of a tow truck. 

The landing crafts on the other hand, are indeed small and nimble, but they are also completely defenceless, incredibly fragile, and instead have to rely on stealth tech to sneak us onto ships/the surface. Bringing a liset into a RJ mission would be akin to attacking a aircraft carrier/troop carrier with a jetski. 

• Like 4

Purely gameplay-wise, it'd still be a problem. It'd probably be a hassle to make it so that you couldn't use it in multiplayer. Probably better off making a dedicated Railjack equivalent for that small, agile size. Like, technically you and three others can walk around it, but its just one room with a helm, a forge for munitions/revolite/flux (no dome charge) and the exit. Add greater agility and speed, greater missile capacity and maybe an auto-cloak when nobody is aboard, but at the cost of overall firepower (only one gun), no Tunguska cannon and no Slingshot, and you have something that's a nice little fighter that doesn't cause headaches and bugs when you take it with more than one player.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Rami C G 1989 said:

Just imagine how fun that would be. Seriously why wasnt this implemented? The orbiters have been floating in space for years.

Why would your bring your house on a battlefield?

What would it achieve other than a risk of losing a roof over your head?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, (XB1)Rami C G 1989 said:

Well since archwing/archmelee/archwing is pretty much useless in Empyrean, we need something nimble, agile and something that can actually destroy fighters without offloading several clips on a single enemy the orbiter is perfect. They can finally turn it into something more than what it is now, something to steer in limited direction in a loading screen

The Orbiter is not nimble, agile, or even armed probably. It’s way, way larger than the Railjack from how things currently seem to appear.

16 hours ago, (XB1)Rami C G 1989 said:

So you are confusing the Orbiter with the Landing Crafts. The Orbiter is quite the big ship. Not build for battle. It's just a docking station.
The Landing Crafts are the Liset, the Mantis, the Scimitar and the Xiphos. But for example the Liset isn't build for combat either. It's a stealth ship for infiltration. It's safe to assume that all landing crafts are more or less just landing crafts not build for actual combat.
Combat is what Railjacks are for.

So really, there is no reason why we would use our Orbiter or our Landing Craft in Empyrean.

• Like 1

The Orbiter is a large, stealth ship with some of the most advanced cloaking technology available. We see this constantly. Look out your front window. (If it isn't covered in posters and noggles and other awesome junk.) You'll find that we park right next to Grineer Galleons and Corpus cruisers without any ounce of them noticing us. Our home, the Orbiter, is a stelth ship entirely meant to keep us hidden where we are most vulnerable. Our home. We keep our supplies inside it. We keep our pets and our Warframes in it. Our guns. Everything we own is in that ship, and it has nowhere near the armaments to defend itself without that cloaking.

19 hours ago, FRTE_Ret5o said:

latest?cb=20170903164803&path-prefix=es

Its huge, yes. Seems is more a transport than a batle ship.

To make the scale. Seee the blue dots on the front? Thats the liset XD

Right now, after changes in the interior of our orbiters, this concept doesn't match reality. I mean, when we go to lower deck there's a window where you can see your Railjacks.
If they would ever make it for us to see exterior of orbiters, first they have to update that concept above.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Exelcto said:

Right now, after changes in the interior of our orbiters, this concept doesn't match reality. I mean, when we go to lower deck there's a window where you can see your Railjacks.
If they would ever make it for us to see exterior of orbiters, first they have to update that concept above.

It could just be a really advanced viewscreen

No change needed

36 минут назад, Exelcto сказал:

This concept art became outdated long before Empyrean update. If you look closely you'll see Liset docked to the front of Orbiter. This concept was drawn when Liset was the only dropship. Now when we have 3 additional dropships of different shapes and sizes Orbiter must look differently to fit them all.

hace 41 minutos, Exelcto dijo:

but even railjack doesnt make sence XD. mid fight is small, in dry dock or orbiter is huge, sice in this matter doesnt really mater XD

Edited by FRTE_Ret5o