Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will taking off melee stop the blocking animation?

tprx

Question

I was doing an Interception, running from one hot spot to the next, just shooting every one in my path. Well, that was the idea. I kept being interrupted by the blocking animation, which kind of stopped the flow of the mission. So, if I take out my melee weapon and only keep my range weapons, will that restore the normal flow of battle? Or is the interruptions part of the new staggering mechanics?

This question might have been answered before, if that's the case, I apologize for the repetition. I've been away from the game for a little more than a year. Still getting my bearings back 😊

10 answers to this question

if it lets you keep moving, then its blocking. It should be no trouble. But, if it is stopping you and your frame is doing a fancy "recovery"/backflip, then this is the new self-damage staggering mechanics. Unfortunately, this cannot be solved by taking off the melee weapon.

3 hours ago, tprx said:

I was doing an Interception, running from one hot spot to the next, just shooting every one in my path. Well, that was the idea. I kept being interrupted by the blocking animation, which kind of stopped the flow of the mission. So, if I take out my melee weapon and only keep my range weapons, will that restore the normal flow of battle? Or is the interruptions part of the new staggering mechanics?

This question might have been answered before, if that's the case, I apologize for the repetition. I've been away from the game for a little more than a year. Still getting my bearings back 😊

Melee weapons are not supposed to come out to block unless if you press E. More over, blocking never interrupts shooting. Shooting interrupts blocking instead.

I think you were experiencing something different. What was your weapon loadout?

3 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Melee weapons are not supposed to come out to block unless if you press E. More over, blocking never interrupts shooting. Shooting interrupts blocking instead.

I think you were experiencing something different. What was your weapon loadout?

Nah, it works exactly as OP describes. When enemies shoot at you from the forward cone (radius depends on melee weapon blocking angle) frame will randomly block bullets with melee, interrupting your shooting.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

Nah, it works exactly as OP describes. When enemies shoot at you from the forward cone (radius depends on melee weapon blocking angle) frame will randomly block bullets with melee, interrupting your shooting.

Never had this happen, like, ever.

In all cases of me taking frontal damage and never has my character once started blocking while I was shooting. In fact, its the opposite. I can shoot as my character is blocking with the auto block feature, and it interrupts the blocking. not the shooting

So I don't really know what is happening here with OP. Bug perhaps?

Edited by Aadi880

12 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Never had this happen, like, ever.

In all cases of me taking frontal damage and never has my character once started blocking while I was shooting. In fact, its the opposite. I can shoot as my character is blocking with the auto block feature, and it interrupts the blocking. not the shooting

So I don't really know what is happening here with OP. Bug perhaps?

When holding full auto it doesn't exactly show blocking animation but rof stutters for a fraction of a second. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

When holding full auto it doesn't exactly show blocking animation but rof stutters for a fraction of a second. 

I don't see anything happening even if I use semi automatic weapons or if I'm not doing anything at all. For me, blocking ONLY happens if I equip with E and stay like that. (Note, I don't mean holding F, which switches to melee mode entirely.).

If I ever have my gun out, my character never blocks, even when taking fire while standing still. I don't even  notice any stutterings or any kind of interruptions while full auto. 😕 

Edited by Aadi880

Hmm, strange. I noticed that behaviour with shedu, hema, kuva quatrak, and prisma grakata (actualy any primary i used in last two weeks). I got bored with tanks lately, so no status immunity for me. I also use melee a lot for slam positioning and stagger, but less for actualy killing. I never hold swap to change to melee only, only use quick melee. And still i block attacks, ancient and scorpion hooks, shockwaves. 

I think auto blocking is disabled when actualy aiming? Maybe that's causing our different experiences. 

I was using the Zhuge Prime, both in aiming and off the cuff shooting, while running from one node to the next. My melee was a polearm zaw. I didn't notice it coming out, juts the pause in the auto-fire of the Zhuge. And I think I also experienced the pauses while aiming, but not sure.

1 hour ago, tprx said:

I was using the Zhuge Prime

Zhuge Prime can stagger you with its blasts, are you sure that's not what you're experiencing?

Or ... do you by any chance have an Arcane equipped that blocks Status effects?
I remember those used to do a Melee block when triggered, not sure if that's still the case tho.

• Like 1