The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which tile set should get looked at next?

Gerade eben schrieb Aadi880:

Europa.

I know that its a crashed ship, but I swear, I'm gonna get claustrophobia by playing in that tileset.

Agree, i always disliked Europa the most from the gameplay standpoint (visually its also not the greatest).

Its either long and confusing tunnels, really narrow indoor areas or big and boring big areas^^

On the other hand, i think Mars for example is also pretty old but that Tileset really doesnt need a rework, its the complete opposite.

It has a nice atmosphere and i really like all the rooms, they are fun to parcour through and somehow both bigger and smaller areas are kinda cool.

Kuva Fortress, I am fine with. Its a bit hard navigate at first, but after some time, I got used to it. (Not the same with Europa though. I fking hate Europa)

Though I will say some tilesets in kuva fortress needs a bit of look at. While most are fine for me, there's like 2 that never made sense. (still don't know where all the nooks are crannies are in those.). If anything, it needs some brush ups.

Corpus ice planet tileset is the worst. It's like a maze sometimes and waypoints don't always make it obvious where to go in some of the tunnels. 

Maybe less of a rework and more just adding more tiles but they should really add a tileset to Neptune instead of reusing the ice planet and outpost tilesets. It's a gas giant and also the ice planet tileset isn't a welcome repeat from Europa. 

51 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

Eris

This probably won't happen, really that whole area just needs to go. Nobody in their right mind would just park ships full of infestation in an area that can cause an outbreak. Really, first thing the commander should do is point the ships directly at the sun, push engines for full speed ahead, then bust all navigation and engine consoles and parts so the course can't be changed.

55 minutes ago, KCToxic said:

Corpus ice planet tileset is the worst. It's like a maze sometimes and waypoints don't always make it obvious where to go in some of the tunnels. 

Maybe less of a rework and more just adding more tiles but they should really add a tileset to Neptune instead of reusing the ice planet and outpost tilesets. It's a gas giant and also the ice planet tileset isn't a welcome repeat from Europa. 

The ice planet tileset (Venus, Pluto) is all right, some cleanup and lighting changes are called for. The crashed ship tileset (Europa) is what definitely needs an overhaul. Neptune, maybe a gas city version for that planet, unless the Orokin terraformed it from a gas giant into a solid planet.

1 hour ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Also Kuva fortress is stupid complex small and cramped as well. Never liked it either. 

It's supposed to be cramped, it's a base within an asteroid. Though we don't actually know how big the asteroid is, maybe some rooms can be made a little bigger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

No, ALOT. I'm convinced the sheer size of the Jupiter rework should be the expectation for all stages/tilsets

So you want an area that is barely being held together by nails? The Corpus couldn't even do gas city properly, all those structures should be condemened, especially when the Ropa keeps attacking too.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

So you want an area that is barely being held together by nails? The Corpus couldn't even do gas city properly, all those structures should be condemened, especially when the Ropa keeps attacking too.

I want it to be as roomy as gas city. Kuva fortress was home to the twin Orokin Queens. And the Grineer were Orokin builders. Nothing in that S#&$ show of a tilset resembles anything that could be considered Orokin worthy. 

That said, it just needs to be bigger. Let us use our archwing in and around it,  It's just way to cramped for it be a astroid floating around space. 

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

we don't actually know how big the asteroid is,

From the star chart it looks like it almost the same size as Lua, Sedna..any small moon, doesn't feel remotely close to that size. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82

1 minute ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

From the star chart it looks like it almost the same size as Lua, Sedna..any small moon, doesn't feel remotely close to that size. 

Using the star chart for size comparisms may not be the most accurate.

ie, The sun should not be smaller than earth.

If anything, the kuva fortress should have the combined size of a Grinner Fomorian and Grinner asteroid occupation tileset. its a "Fomorian mounted on an asteroid" after all

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Using the star chart for size comparisms may not be the most accurate.

ie, The sun should not be smaller than earth.

If anything, the kuva fortress should have the combined size of a Grinner Fomorian and Grinner asteroid occupation tileset. its a "Fomorian mounted on an asteroid" after all

Good point

Grineer Galleon.

IIRC it'll be the oldest unchanged tileset after the Corpus ship update. And while it still holds up well enough all of the minor details and obstacles in it were made for movement 1.0 resulting in everything being cleared in a single jump now.

For Neptune, they can just use New Gas City tileset but the skybox is changed from yellow to blue to match the planet’s environment. Less work and allows New Gas City to be more exposed.

Corpus Outpost is probably what I want to see it reworked entirely.

Edited by DrivaMain

I want Pluto to be a fully automated corpus proxy factory where a little mistake and alerting the system means a sea of proxies going down on you from MOAs to jackals with nearly zero place to stand so keep moving or fall down to the gears down below

• Like 1

Weirdly... Earth. The whole thing seems rushed, the joints between tiles don't fit properly and you can see a lot of cyberspace beyond through a lot of it. I don't know why but the whole place just lacks attention to detail; you can tell it was somebody's baby though, which is what makes it more unpleasant to point out.

Also, if it counts, dojo. There are entire novels of forum topics about Dojo construction already. 😕

I'd also like something a bit more interesting with Mercury. That planet's supposed to be very close to the sun, shouldn't that place be roasting? I'd like it if they made the place hellish to be, lots of fire traps, you receive heat damage if you stand still for too long, that kinda thing.

3 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Europa.

I know that its a crashed ship, but I swear, I'm gonna get claustrophobia by playing in that tileset.

while occasionally hitting by head on an overhanging platform.

Europa/Crashed Corpus Ship tileset and Eris/Infested Corpus Ship tileset are definitely top of my list. Neither have scaled even remotely well with the gains in mobility we've gotten since their inception.

5 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Also Kuva fortress is stupid complex small and cramped as well. Never liked it either. 

At least it's SUPPOSED to be, what with it being a fortress and all. It being hard to navigate and hostile makes sense and is the intended design. Europa, on the other hand? I highly doubt it was given that it's, well, not.

I've gotten used to getting around it and there are some interesting ideas in it, but it's pretty clear that it at least needs some attention so the focus is more on what makes it cool, and less on what distracts from that. More crashed spaceship, less garbage cluttering everything up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

So what tile set should get looked at next in your opinion?

Eris. dear god PLEASE can we get an Eris rework.

I understand what DE were going for: claustrophobic horror akin to older Resident Evil games, but it just doesn't work in Warframe, plus it's a PITA during Kuva Siphon missiosn to find the Black and Red Kuva Clouds against the dark and Red Background of Eris' corridors. 

also wouldn't hurt to update the Derelict: remove the key system, it doesn't really have a place in the game anymore.