[DE]Megan

The Orokin Vaults Have Emerged!

This is going to be way too annoying to run with other people. No one is going to want to choose anything but the bleeding key and the person with the movement speed key is going to be left behind. This is an even bigger smack in the face for people who would rather solo things like this because we're going to be wasting void keys for only a 25% chance at getting a reward.

use fast frame, like looki with rush and the speed nerv doesn´t matter

25% chance to get the right room, but if it´s not the right room u doesn´t loose ur key

I love the idea, I hate the hobble key... -50% movement..... it feels like you are left out of all the great moments:

- your teammates encounter huge enemy forces... they will be down till you are there

- teamates marking Mods or ressources for you.... they better do this 2 - 3 times till you are there

etc. you get the idea.

If rifle has no recoil, mod won't have anything negative. Such as flux rifle.

So this isnt an EVENT? its a new form of void we can do anytime we want?!

sounds great NEW mods make me ting a ling tingle!

seems like there's bug where I sent an invitation to a specific player, and that player automatically click Play now button without even pressing it.

"The mission can be played Solo, but you run the risk of not carrying the correct Dragon Key each time you try to enter. Team up with fellow Tenno, who can each carry one of the four Dragon Keys, to guarantee your access to the Orokin Vaults without delay."

Guess I'm just never going to get a Corrupted mod. I can't even run smoothly with my clanmates, due to a poor internet connection, so I end up running Solo almost exclusively. Otherwise, it's like I'm stuck in a fever dream - or like my allies are, on the occasion that one of them hears that I'm grinding for something and decides they want to help. Inevitably, it's actually easier to do the missions without them due to the poor connection, and certainly more enjoyable, even if it's a ridiculously tedious, or difficult, mission.

Point being, I have unavoidable dampers on being able to team up with anyone if I would like to enjoy playing in the least. Trying to encourage people to team up is admirable, but some people simply can't. As one of those people, this implementation feels more like a punishment for something I have no control over than anything, even though it's not intended as such; I'd play with people, I just can't.

As a result, with this method of implementation, to get Corrupted Mods, I'd have to gimp myself heavily 100% of the time in each applicable mission, for a 25% chance at any reward at all for being gimped. Even if doing this meant a massively improved chance at getting the Rares, that's not something that seems worth it, at least to me; if I go out of my way to do something extraordinarily difficult in the hopes of receiving a fitting reward, a 75% chance of failure to get any kind of actual reward besides "It's the journey, not the destination, right?" and the same Affinity as I'd get for any other run is enough to make me simply not do it.

To put this in some kind of perspective: I'll grind bosses, because I'll reliably get a reward of some kind specifically for fighting the boss (as bosses seem guaranteed to drop a Mod and a Resource, and sometimes Blueprints), but if I had a 75% chance of taking on a boss alone, and getting nothing at all, I'd probably never bother to fight a single one. Especially not if I had to be heavily gimped to even fight said boss.

I ground Tier 3 Corpus Defense missions for days trying to get Split Barrel, running against a 2.01% chance of getting the mod, because I would get something out of it, every time, not once out of every four missions, on average.

Sure, I ended up getting the mod from Sargas Ruk (after about a day of running him over), but it's a demonstration that I'm willing to grind, as long as I get rewarded for it in some way, even if it's not the way I'm aiming for, every single time.

I banged my head off the RNG wall for days, for a smaller chance of success, because I knew I'd get something for trying.

What I would suggest instead (Keep in mind that I have no idea what Corrupted Mods actually exist, and therefore have no idea of their rarities; I'd guess something like 8 Common, 6 Uncommon, and 2 Rare, but I don't really know. This idea is put forth with a potential spread of rarities in mind):

Each Dragon Vault consists of five rooms, one main chamber and four secondary vaults, one for each Key. The Vault only opens when at least one of the party members has a Key.

Each of the four rooms offers a single Corrupted Mod Token.

The number of Corrupted Mod Tokens carried by a given party (between 0 and 4) is used to determine which drop table is consulted.

0 is a 'null table,' where no Corrupted Mod is given, 1 is heavily weighted toward Common, 2 is primarily weighted toward Common and secondarily toward Uncommon, 3 is primarily weighted toward Uncommon and secondarily toward Rare, and 4 is heavily weighted toward Rare.

All party members receive the same Corrupted Mod upon mission completion.

Edit: Aaand they're all Rare (apparently they're already on the wiki, which I had not thought to check before posting). I'll leave this here, because I figure it could be a useful idea anyway.

Pros:

This would give people who, for one reason or another, from internet issues to simply preferring to go it alone, simply don't or can't team up with people a reason to try for these Vaults.

Cons:

I...guess it would be easier for full parties with full complements of varied keys to get better loot? I can't actually think of a reason that would be a particularly bad thing. They'd still be handling a double helping of debuffs, they'd just get them all at once.

Alternately, don't make the keys handicap the bearers. This appears to be a well-received (and creative) aspect of the keys, but if it weren't in effect, soloists would be more likely to use the keys regardless of the chances of finding the right Vault, because it wouldn't be an inconvenience anyway. One change or the other would actually give me, and others in my situation, a reason to bother with these.

Edited by OricSharp
  • Upvote 2

Key consumed, vault didn't open.

I guess I have to wait 3-4 more hotfixes till it's done.

are the new mods actuall yworth it tho? any info about those mods anywhere?

Orokin Vaults feedback!

-OD exterminate bug, yet my squad found the room, get to extraction with 117 enemies. from start to extraction no infested comin.
-OD capture, make the target hp zero, but cant capture him.

cant invite everyone, only specific player can be invited. what specific meaning still unknown. region? ping limit?

get spoiled strike mod but got dc becos of server. check in the mod library. i dont have the spoiled strike mod :(

the realy frustating thing is i cant invite everyone, they cannot join mine, say it full but i have only 2 member in my squad, unable to join session, session is unvaliable : \

One absolutely mandatory rifle mod aka second serration, a few warframe mods which are fun (oh hai map-sized snow globe), a few situational rifle mods, all pistol and shotgun mods are complete garbage.

Ones I personally think are good:

Magnum Force (Pistol)        +dmg +wep recoil   - might be good

Heavy calibur (Rifle)        +dmg, +recoil       - flux rifle has no recoil...

Narrow Minded            +power duration -power range   - For Loki or Ash invis

The rest:

Blind Rage             +Power Strength - Power Efficiency

Vicious Spread             +Shotgun DMG + Shotgun Spread

Tainted Mag             +mag cap -reload speed

Spoiled Strike             +melee dmg -melee speed

hollow point            - +crit dmg - dmg

Tainted Shell (Shotgun)        -spread -firerate

Burdened Magazine (Shotgun)    +magazine capacity -reload speed

Vile Precision (Rifle)         -recoil -firerate

Overextended             +Power Range -Power Strength

Fleeting Expertise        +Power Efficiency, -Power Duration

Corrupt Charge (Melee)       +charge damage -charge speed

Spoiled Strike (Melee)        +Damage -Attack speed

Critical delay(Rifle)        +crit chance -rate of fire

Got the info from wiki

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Corrupted_Mods

Edited by jepeman

ok so 7 solo runs into derelict got me into my first vault....but in the exterminate mission after i picked up the artifact there

was no self destruct timer...no biggie i just had to finish off last enemies then extracted

Edited by SASMcBride

patch is meh... the new mods arent worth it and another fail for solo players due to the crappy peer to peer

and the fps drops in the orokin levels isnt fixed yet either (DX11 related problem) and my hardware is pretty good

only good thing is the new level design

edit: and still no AI fixes/iimprovements for Nerkos/Nyx

Edited by RAZORLIGHT