Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear [OVER ON PC]

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, ValinorAtani said:

I mean why extending it? Its a War based on the "Lore". Does the Sentients get bored after a month? Why should they stop attacking us? Why not make it a consistent gamemode. Why does it have to be time limited at all? This event is such a nonsense.

So we can farm the event when it ACTUALLY WORKS!!!

35 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

I mean why extending it? Its a War based on the "Lore". Does the Sentients get bored after a month? Why should they stop attacking us? Why not make it a consistent gamemode. Why does it have to be time limited at all? This event is such a nonsense.

Because they get driven back and lose plenty of forces on each try. Remember they cannot refill their ranks because they are currently sterile creatures.

After having played several missions, this event is WAAAAY too convoluted for me to really want to sink any time into it, which is a shame as the completionist in me wants to get all the arcanes they are offering.  I'm not going to waste time until the bugs and rewards are adjusted as I should be able to get one common arcane from a single mission.  At the current rate this is going, I'm going to have to no life it to get the arcanes I am missing, and that's not possible.

Tech is interesting.... but this event (in it's current state) is not worth my time.

Honestly, I am enjoying playing the event even if I feel like there are tweaks that can be made -- I'm not gonna be as loudly vocal about it but a lot of folks have talked about things like the layered timers, reward rates, etc.  I also enjoy the Railjack side more than ground, but I have also probably experienced 1/100th the amount of problems folks yell about, so take that as you will.

That said:  Please, for the love of god, do something about Limbos showing up in Railjacks.

I just had a max range/max duration Limbo tank a run because he threw up a Cataclysm bubble that covered damn near half of the ship and locked down the Sentient boarders, then proceeded to stand in the cockpit or the arsenal section and do nothing while I had Vomulysts attached to practically every console/station, keeping me from being able to use munitions, defend with side guns, or speed boost the ship until I went back there to kill it.

Like, yes, I get it, I and a lot of people loathe Limbo, but right now it's especially egregious.

Well, another day of the event and new bugs. In a flotilla of 8 squads on earth, 3 in space, codes are sent, but do not reach those who are in space and now missions are no longer 40 minutes, but more than an hour. Are you kidding me there?

On 2020-03-24 at 9:46 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

How does this scoring work?
It shows, if I got that right, that at 17 ground 'kills' I can send 3 more codes and at 5 'Ships destroyed' I can do 9 more but at 17 and at 5 I have to extract.

Also I'm not sure how I get 1875 points at 5 'Ships destroyed'?

Did 3 Ground runs before the Hotfix. 17 Condrixes apiece. It didn't get the bonus payout because the Flotilla expired before more than 30 Murexes were done, but I expected as much.

However, I logged in after the hotfix to find I got the Rank 2 Condrix Emblem and Rank 1 Condrix Emblem in my inbox, even though I had well over 5000 points from ground missions and should have received the Rank 3 instead.

What the heck.

So far i have not experienced any real bugs, but only have done the ground assault. My only real gripe so far, is the long wait between these event happenings. Everytime, except two times so far, i've had to wait for something or just got bored waiting and dropped off the game, to do something else. if i've got to literally live in the game, just to play this event, I'm sorry i won't

I wanted to get back on it and it wasn't working then a patch came out and it was fine, I had already a huge stockpile I'm running it for the umbra forma bp actually not even the points anymore 😄. The only remaining bug i noticed in RJ was players droping when launching missions because I furiously get back to it asap as a host and have a beast PC, so most drop because they are still loading something when I launch. There should be efforts beeing made on that.

4h of gametime for both weapons is fair(the whip is top tier and the gun is strong but non meta gameplay wise), especially considering it gives very good affinity, metric ton of void keys and in space decent intrinsics, mats(except minecraft ones you get a lot of everything) and shubidu parts + prospect of having umbra forma bps is great.

On 2020-03-24 at 3:26 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Earning Scarlet Spear Emblems:

During the Attack Wave:

Ground Assault = SCARLET SPEAR CONDRIX EMBLEM:
Rank "I" = 1000 points
Rank "II" = 3000 points
Rank "III" = 5000 points.

Murex Raid = SCARLET SPEAR MUREX EMBLEM:
Rank "I" = 1000 points
Rank "II" = 3000 points
Rank "III" = 5000 points.

Does anyone know where we pick up these Emblems or are they sent to us via inbox once we achieve those points. Also is that the amount of points we have to get in 1 mission or in however many missions during the entire wave?

The individual rank per wave should also be counted in a different manner due to problems with sticking to the specific instance with squad. The same case for people doing these missions solo aiming for rank 3 (happens quite often as it eliminates part of bugs). 

The score per each wave should sum up between flotillas (so f.e. if I did 1000 on one and 4000 on another I should get rank 3 emblem). With new victory bonus system it would work quite well. This would also partially get rid of problem where all murex are gone before anybody except few players can get to rank 3. 

IT would make actually reaching rank 3 possible for both some squads and solo players.

I still do not understand. Do I have to sit in the relay for the entire 3 hours after it hits 100/100 to get the double points? Because that seems pretty horrible.

I did one complete run of each ground and air, then left the relay and I didnt get anywhere close to what I was supposed to.

Well, today 03/27/2020 from Christmas, codes from the earth never reach, despite the patch added yesterday, people are on the 3rd day of the event, they are sitting on such nerves that it cannot be conveyed with words, maybe something will you do?

11 hours ago, ADirtyMonk said:

I still do not understand. Do I have to sit in the relay for the entire 3 hours after it hits 100/100 to get the double points? Because that seems pretty horrible.

I did one complete run of each ground and air, then left the relay and I didnt get anywhere close to what I was supposed to.

no you can immediately leave and u will get them in your inbox even if the time is not exprired

and u get the emblem with the number you have when u leave ex. if u leave ranking 1 u get the emblem with 1 on top of it

The event point calculation is plain unfair and already broke itself. There is no incentive to run ground missions. 

The ground missions are:

longer

harder (need to bring actual damage and kill things and things actuaally shot back)

scale higher (110 max level of enemies you do not need to kill vs 188 max level of enemies that need to be killed to progress, including a bullet sponge "boss")

yet somehow awards less score

It broke itself already because nobody runs them (or nobody runs them efficiently - only leechers doing 1% damage), so the space missions do not get kill codes.

I just finished a run lasting 53 minutes while carrying two such individuals and i got whooping 1000 points. In comparison same time i did 3 missions in space and without any problems/dying/risk got 5000ish.

Ok, so this is the first time that I feel like I have to write a feedback concerning an event!

First of all the bright side: I like the idea, the tilesets are beautiful and the gameplay is smooth.

Now the DOWN SIDE:

1) I am highly disappointed in the Bonus Point System. It’s totally broken, buggy and unfair.

2) It has now happened to me twice that I was forced, from the game, to leave a Murex Raid before the timer has ended with more than 10min on the clock and 99/100 murex. I tried to do the last one but the game said that there are no Murex left. (I did 5600pkt and got no bonus in this instance)

3) I can’t invite my friends which are on the same Flotilla and this drives me crazy. I am literally angry about the fact that i can’t play/invite with my friends.

4) Today we had the "funny" experience that we all joined the Flotilla 1 as a team, played some games and after returning one of us was on another instance of Flotilla 1 and not able to join us just tell me WHY? This is totally stupid.

5) Being forced to stay on the same Flotilla for the rest of the time is just ... (I really don’t get it). Yes, I tried to leave the Flotilla, after making points, but did not get any bonus at all in my inbox.

6) During Murex raids some sentinels just fly through the walls of the Murex ship

So right now it’s just not worth my time. I hate to say it but I am very displeased.

Update: 03.04

7) Jea sure the event is grind heavy, buggy and unfair so jea maybe just let the sentinels adapt to Limbos "2" ... and not adress the real problems with this event! nice Move ... i am very angry

Ait DE, i'll make this really simple. 

If this event is not fixed by the time it hits consoles, we done here. I have ACDC or whatever, and if i can't get everything with a reasonable time investment, i will go insane. Don't use this bat soup mubojumbo as an excuse, i still have to work and don't have all the time in the world. 

On the side note.

Railjack was terrible, but i let is slide because space ships....keep working on it. Kuva Lich monotony and grindyness was kinda pissing me off, need to make them more interactive...like who is hunting who wtf.

Time for some tough love baby...it's because i love you. 

On 2020-03-24 at 8:26 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Scarlet Credits can let you trade for:

• Ceti Lacera Blueprint
  • Basmu Blueprint 
  • Clan Sigils - Phased, Glyphed, Gilded!
  • Arcanes (more added each day).
  • Stance Forma
  • New Simulacrum Tile
  Reveal hidden contents

Arcanes?

The full Arcane offerings will be added once the event has had 1-2 days of stress testing!

Endless? 

The original mission design was Endless, but after testing we added a cap to help the flow and battle resolution. The cap on Condrix is 17 in 1 Ground Assault and 5 Murex in 1 Murex Raid. 

Competition and Leaderboards?

This is a communal Operation with no distinct competition. As you earn Badges, you will ascend to uniquely signified ranks for the Scarlet Spear effort.
Leaderboards are limited to best contributing Tenno per Flotilla.

Exploits and Exploiters?

All Exploits can be reported to support.warframe.com with the Subject Line ‘Scarlet Spear Exploit’. If you think you engaged in behaviours in-game that had unintended results, please report them to us using the support.warframe.com link. Exploiter’s missions often stand out in our Operations, and for our first Operation of 2020 we will be enforcing account restrictions on any exploit or abuse. 

How does the Scarlet Spear Credit Trade store work?

Everything you see there will be there for the whole event. Nothing is getting rotated out.

We are Adding more Arcanes to complete the collection.

Score Scaling FAQ:

Every Kill Code gets you Scarlet Credits - the longer you stay, the more Credits those Kill Codes are worth. 
This table tells you exactly how the points per Kill Code scales at the time of release - when it comes to modifying and balancing, this table will reflect those changes! 

TOTAL KILL       
CODES

CONDRIX 
COMPLETED           

MUREX
COMPLETED      

Points Per Kill Code
  GROUND 

Points Per Kill Code
   MUREX

so uhh, what happened to more being added each day? 

where in the world are the useful arcanes? i know you've been working at home, but atleast put the arcanes that we were aiming for little by little as you've promised . it's been 10 days now. players dont have the drive in participating on events that has no actual benefit for them.

Could we get an update on the scoring table as of 27.3.8? The patch notes only mentioned a change in the initial score causing a change in the total possible score, but they don't line up in the same linear fashion as before the patch...

1 minute ago, ToaMimrik said:

Could we get an update on the scoring table as of 27.3.8? The patch notes only mentioned a change in the initial score causing a change in the total possible score, but they don't line up in the same linear fashion as before the patch...

It will be interesting to see...just left a flotilla where someone running ground missions had 9800+ points. Does that mean they will get a whooping 10k still?

Archived