Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear [OVER ON PC]

[DE]Rebecca

25 minutes ago, (PS4)NatK98 said:

No leaderboards or endless missions in this "event"? 

Quite the disappointment, if I'm being honest. Oh, well. It's not like DE's into rewarding players for long runs anyway. 

Yea, I agree tbh. Also don't see any mention of earnable clan trophies either. This is def more Operation Letdown when it comes to clans and competition. However, I can't say it surprises me.

I will acknowledge there are actual exploits out there, and if some actual exploits crop up, and people get punished for it, that's what I expect to happen. 

Now to my actual concern.

Sorry if I come across as a bit rude, I tend to speak honestly and am rather blunt, and at times this comes back to bite me. There is a mental health reason for why I speak the way I do, but using that to defend myself is unsavory.

So, again with this ability use exploit nonsense? While Switch Teleport during the last Operation was excessively cheesy, it was (in my opinion) using a feature of the game in a clever and inventive way, that suddenly the developers decided, to be quite blunt, 'This is an unauthorized method of using that ability' which again, in my opinion, is a bit of a slippery slope. I myself never did it, and only heard about it later on in the Operation.

So how is that relevant to Scarlet Spear? If someone does something outside-the-box, and someone reports it as an exploit, and it's accepted as an exploit, at what point does the judgement of "it's ok to use this this way, but not that way" end?

30 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

If we report exploits, will we be safe and not banned? If we find an exploit and we like to report it, how do we do it? Because finishing the mission while exploiting on its own is already risky right? Do we abort the mission when we got evidence for you to report it just to be safe?

Thnx!

Sometimes exploits are not apparent until a missions ends. If you come across an exploit and you report it, then that shows more to your character than using the exploit to get what you want and then reporting it afterwards. Best bet is to report it as soon as you are aware. We do not want to punish anyone for bringing this to our attention legitimately.

2 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Sometimes exploits are not apparent until a missions ends. If you come across an exploit and you report it, then that shows more to your character than using the exploit to get what you want and then reporting it afterwards. Best bet is to report it as soon as you are aware. We do not want to punish anyone for bringing this to our attention legitimately.

Sweet! Ty sir!

37 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Transperancy. Transperancy. So still hiding the costs of the "Oh the grind wont be so bad" Dev Stream Conclusion? You know, keeping trust and cater it is a hard thing. And with the changes of the Arcanes and now with this radio silent on this topic. Not sure if you worth the trust to even try out this "event".

I think its more about, if any exploits are found to get spear credits, it limits the damage due to such exploits.

What does OpLink reinforcement actually do? Is it just damage insurance for the squad or do they get more spear credits? Do I get anything other than warm fuzzies for sending them out? really unclear what the function is here. I dont mind dumping 75k normal credits on this stuff but im not sure what it is.

ALSO, I'm really unclear how to JOIN a space squad for the Murex Raid rather than start hosting my own in my Railjack. My internet isnt the best so I think mostly people would rather I not be the host, but every time i click the Murex Raid console it immediately puts me into my railjack with no way to get into another squad?
Is there no way to do a Railjack PUG or will I have to do a premade group? I feel like thats a big hindrance for a lot of players trying to contribute to this event.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Access restricted to Mastery Rank 3 players and above.

But why though? The event is clearly not geared towards beginners in any way, not 1, not 3, and probably not even most 5s.

Locks like this are pointless as the content naturally filters out those who aren't prepared to handle them unless they are being carried by their friends or clan mates.. and if you're alright with them being carried, then why lock it at all? 

vor 24 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Kadet:

I think its more about, if any exploits are found to get spear credits, it limits the damage due to such exploits.

And? I mean the gutted already all the hours we spent with Eidolons? So why should we report an easy way to get our stuff back? I mean I'm not sure if the players asked for those arcane changes. Heck the even didnt do it right. Patching worse stuff to be useful. The only thing DE got was "Oh, why do they use it so much" Just get rid of it asap.

19 minutes ago, LapuLapo said:

What does OpLink reinforcement actually do? Is it just damage insurance for the squad or do they get more spear credits? Do I get anything other than warm fuzzies for sending them out? really unclear what the function is here. I dont mind dumping 75k normal credits on this stuff but im not sure what it is.

ALSO, I'm really unclear how to JOIN a space squad for the Murex Raid rather than start hosting my own in my Railjack. My internet isnt the best so I think mostly people would rather I not be the host, but every time i click the Murex Raid console it immediately puts me into my railjack with no way to get into another squad?
Is there no way to do a Railjack PUG or will I have to do a premade group? I feel like thats a big hindrance for a lot of players trying to contribute to this event.

I would like to second this, if there is matchmaking for the Murex raid then it doesn't seem to be working.

Archived