Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear [OVER ON PC]

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Devin said:

It says that the points are per kill code. 53 kill codes (maximum) multiplied by 90 points per kill code is 4770.

Yes, but you don't get 90 points per kill code. You only get that for the last three codes. Add up all of the points earned at each code. That's your total after 53.

Just now, iLightning13 said:

Yes, but you don't get 90 points per kill code. You only get that for the last three codes. Add up all of the points earned at each code. That's your total after 53.

This phrasing "Every Kill Code gets you Scarlet Credits - the longer you stay, the more Credits those Kill Codes are worth." is what made me think the point total was calculated at the end, when you're done gaining kill codes, so every code is worth the same highest value when you extract. If the "older" kill codes don't gain value/running the longest possible run only gets you 2565 points, that's... a MAJOR yikes.

22 minutes ago, mikakor said:

primary kitguns and modular archwing were advertised for this update. where are they? not even a single word on them... guys, come the f* on. 😕 

im wandering the same thing

21 minutes ago, Devin said:

This phrasing "Every Kill Code gets you Scarlet Credits - the longer you stay, the more Credits those Kill Codes are worth." is what made me think the point total was calculated at the end, when you're done gaining kill codes, so every code is worth the same highest value when you extract. If the "older" kill codes don't gain value/running the longest possible run only gets you 2565 points, that's... a MAJOR yikes.

In all honesty I haven't got a major problem with only 2.5k.

My issue is the fact that everybody is doing space missions, so nobody is supplying kill codes, so space missions get dragged out.

The reason for that is simply space missions reward the same amount but are faster (when enough people play earth), so nobody has any reason to play earth.

So is there really no matchmaking for this? It dumps me directly into my railjack every time I queue for Murex, not even looking for an open slot in an ongoing mission. That's pretty horrible. Also seems like it will not matchmake me for ground either, and that seems completely backward since it's a standard ground mission that always has matchmaking.

Also:

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What You Need To Know [snip]

These are the first stages of the wiki problem. All of these "Need To Know" items should be easily and explicitly stated in game. It shouldn't be the case that, when this post gets buried or ages off, newer players have to jump to the wiki to figure out how to play this in a future revision. I get that you guys are busting your butts trying to get this out for us, especially during a global crisis. But please don't let this information sit outside the game and get left behind. A lot of this information IS already available in game. But what those timers mean, the frequency, and how we matchmake/the lack of matchmaking needs to be there inside the game. Leaving it in hopes that the wiki or streamers/community members catch it will only hurt the game in the long run.

Good luck and stay safe!

6 minutes ago, Axtremulus said:

So is there really no matchmaking for this? It dumps me directly into my railjack every time I queue for Murex, not even looking for an open slot in an ongoing mission. That's pretty horrible. Also seems like it will not matchmake me for ground either, and that seems completely backward since it's a standard ground mission that always has matchmaking.

I got MM once for ground, but never for RJ. For extra fun, you can't invite flotilla members to join your RJ squad when the flotilla is full...not players outside the flotilla, mind you, but other members. Pants on head...

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

GROUND ASSAULT - so long as you are acquiring Kill Codes by using your OpLink on Condrix, you’re helping your Space Team! The longer you stay, the more points and Scarlet Credit you’ll earn! This is also a Solo-friendly mission.

So, just to be clear, you skipped solo players for Empyrean's launch, and months later you're still not interested in creating any Empyrean scaling for solo players. We just plod along on the ground.

I wonder what the reward difference is, can we even get the cinematic without doing the Railjack part?

Seriously disapointed. I'll do the ground mission until it becomes interminable but... if this is how you plan to treat solo players going forward, I can't help but wonder why bother. This has totally drained any enthusiasm I had for this event.

So, best I can tell, there's no way to join an existing Murex raid or have more than one player in Murex raids unless you party up first. Is that intentional? Is that temporary? I noticed Sentients at least don't obliterate your Railjack while you're absent from it in the Murex, but it's not well presented.

There's also no WARNING that you're about to jump into a mission - not that you can't just abort or warp back, but it's jarring, and if you haven't already prepped your Railjack the way you want it, you may well be up a creek without a paddle.

The feed of kill codes is cute for about 30 seconds and then it's just a nuisance clogging up the feed.

For some reason there doesn't seem to be squad chat, only flotilla-wide? Is that intentional? Is that permanent? I imagine that's going to be MUCH worse once these get heavily populated.

The Scarlet Credits reward rate is abysmal. Maybe that's intentional right now to prevent economy abuse in case of bugs, but it's almost not worth playing for anything other than the novelty right now.

And as a final note, for all Little Duck's talking, she doesn't really explain what to do. She doesn't even say where to get the Oplink. It's not great. For a player less well versed in the method behind DE's madness, this would be completely opaque (but what else is new).

TL,DR: Good content, still in some fledgling stages. Would like to see clearer and more concise direction given to the player and better methodology for squad building put in place.

It currently is RNG just to get kill codes while on the murex. 
it quite literally is impossible to know when you're going to get to even START the objective and I had to solo fight off sentients for 7 min before giving up on ever getting a code

1 hour ago, Devin said:

If I'm reading the chart right, you do 17 condrix in one ground mission, get 53 kill codes, and they're worth 90 points each? So, 53*90= 4770. That's a LONG mission for only less than 5k points, when a single weapon is 20k, max rank arcane 20k or 30k. Compare to Plague Star, where you can get 3000 standing ("credits") for one run with maximum phylaxis and catalyst. 

A 3k standing Plague Star run involved killing 4 hemocytes, which I'll call comparable to one condrix each (even though I think a hemocyte is WAY faster to kill). Sure, there's that quick setup thing at the beginning, which barely takes any time, let's say it's one to two condrix. Therefore, I think 5-6 condrix awarding 3k credits would be more in line with Plague Star. Instead, for 3k credits, you'd need... 42 kill codes, at 75 points each, which is 14 condrix kills. 

I see comparing this event to Plague Star as fair because the costs per item are similar. Therefore, I can understand, comparing to previous events, why people say the drop rate of credits is very strange and low.

Edit to add before people point out: 42 kill codes at 75 points each is 3150 credits, which overshoots the 3k run I was comparing it to. However, doing a 41 kill code run only awards 41*70 credits, for a total of 2870, hence why I went with the 42 kill code number for my comparison.

Max rank arcane is 1k. You aren't buying 1 rank 0, you are buying 1 rank 5.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb SocialSolipsist:

And as a final note, for all Little Duck's talking, she doesn't really explain what to do. She doesn't even say where to get the Oplink. It's not great. For a player less well versed in the method behind DE's madness, this would be completely opaque (but what else is new).

Well, she tells you that you can buy it from her i think.
What really bothers me, as a returning player, who hasnt had a lot of railjack experience from last few weeks in which Ive started playing again, is
the fact that they fixed the crashing issue in not that long of a time, but still give no statement on the missing matchmaking on space missions. Id love to play
this, as a newly themed mission (compared to just Earth with a new "boss") is always cool to experience.

Also i was really hoping the announced 8 Player/Ground-/Air-Squad Type of thing would have a little more depth to it. I mean come on, someone from the Warframe twitch channel even commented in a streamers chat that this Event is nothing meant to be coordinated. I will probably never understand why they removed the raids like law of retribution.
This game seems to have gotten so casual friendly, I remember when the only oppurtunity to get a Nitain Extract was to hope for a random alert mission every few hours, now you can get 5 of these for 15 Nightwave credits. Dont get me wrong, this is a super good thing. The decision to not lock a crafting resource behind randomized missions is something I fully support, but please, please get something like raids back into the game. The closest we got to this are the eidolon hunts, but as you can see, some people even solo these 3 "Bosses" in under like 9 minutes. Some endgame content, not meant for newer players, but for the ones who want to have a challenge, idk I really want to see something like this again, but please not a grind heavy challenge, but a gameplay challenge where you have to coordinate as a team, where there are different roles to fill and jobs to do.

Aside from this personal rant, i do like the flair and style of the mission in itself, as well as the new cinematic.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Is the point reward as straightforward as your table shows to us? Is there any other hidden factor or am I missing something? Do my uplinks need to be necessarily received by another player for me to get those reward points? 

Because according to the table, the max numbers of 53 uplinks in a ground mission, for a total of 17 condrixes, should reward me with 53x90=4,770 points. But I just did a full 17 condrix run until the last kill code and we were told to extract and I didn't get even remotely as close to this. I don't remember the exact number but it was way less than half for sure. 

Any insight on how it works? Thanks 🙂 

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you defeat the required amount of Murex in a Scarlet Spear Flotilla, you will get bonus VICTORY PAYOUT. Your Victory Payout earns you more Operation points depending on your rank!

When and how exactly are we getting victory payout? Our flotilla reached 100/100 and we aren't sure if we can leave the instance.

Archived