Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: 27.3.0

[DE]Megan

8 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

it does now they fixed it, i tested it, it's very very tasty 
----------

for the update, fix the prices, this is insanely high!

Ok, atleast we have 1 status shotgun again, even though its a melee weapon.

Ps. The event is horrible, boring mission with very little reward. DE said that the event is not gonna be a grind, but it seems DE doesn't even know what they are putting in the game. Thank god there are nice new games to play, so no need to grind this ûber meh event. 

I think the missions are actually quite interesting but they feel like they will get extremely tedious when the rewards/cost ratio is like this. But truth is it doesn't bother me, nobody is forcing me to use this event to maximize every arcane, there are other sources for them and this gives me a chance to invest in some of the more vital ones.

What I completely don't understand is the whole 100 Kills per flotilla instance every 3 hours. My last flotilla got to the mark 1h ahead of schedule, which from what I understood means I can't run the event until that has payed off without forfeiting the bonus. So I have time to complain on the forum instead of playing.

Even if I misunderstood this, the mechanic feels unnecessarily complicated, why not a simple player base bonus pay out every X amount of Condrix/Murex destroyed?

On an related/unrelated note, I know this is a difficult period and I am happy there was an update at all given the circumstances. As someone trying to work from home myself I know it's far from ideal working conditions. Thanks for not giving up and for the extra stuff to do at home.

Take care and stay safe.

From what I can tell, there is no way to see what instance you are doing your missions in when matchmaking or even joining a premade group. This is a huge slap in the face to people who have just finished doing 34 waves of ground defense with no way to check their own score, only the be met with a tier 2 reward because there was no way to check how far along you were towards tier 3. 

First of all, i got no clue what all the rewards are, i just go in a mission, do stuff and wack stuff.

So i joined a earth team, and to be fair.. did you guys hire michael bay or something? Apart of Earth set already is a nightmare to navigate through, i get shot from pretty much every single angle, see explosions and floaty things all over the place, there is nonstop red haze making stuff pretty hard to see.. And i though that big spider on that ice planet was already an overkill of GFX on your screen with #*!% knows what you are doing. 

Sidenote, if there is no team-spot available, dont make me start the mission on my own, if i would start it in my crappy ship.. i would've chosen to do so (poor souls who step on my ship).

• Like 1

On 2020-03-24 at 1:58 PM, ATF_Dark3n_8CZ9 said:

ever time some  idi###   "youtube"  spam too much videos and 90%  games are insta nerfed or changed.. .  hate this, i using lockdown normaly  for solo arbit....  rly sadly  from this game. ...  DE waiting for players what spend potencionaly real money and all thief. ..  total no motivation buy platinum

I couldn't understand a single thing you typed. But ok. 

all I know is that I spent hundreds of dollars across the years on warframe. and now that everything is getting nerfed to the point where you really can't play the game anymore -- I kinda wanna look into a charge back and be done with it.

can't teralyst hunt as efficiently anymore. the only warframes that have decent buffs now for solo teralyst hunting is Octavia and rhino, in which case they both suck and Octavia is stupid tedious to use compared to chroma or mirage. chroma, you now gotta wait for fkin ever to get a buff and now that you can't deal self damage -- you also CAN'T get a damage buff as mirage.

there's STILL no return of law of retribution.

Orb mother hunting isn't even challenging, its just annoying and boring.

outside of that, kuva liches or arbitrations -- in which case why bother if you already have everything and don't really need anything. 

game has gotten boring and everything is getting nerfed with no real motivation to keep playing. I didn't even bother to reinstall for this scarlet spear stuff so obviously im excluding that. but it also doesn't tempt me to.

too many nerfs for me to tolerate. and I've tolerated a lot of nerfs over my time.

Edited by RedToothKaki
  • Like 1

Hey y'all.

I don't usually post and I've been away from Warframe for a while, but when i heard that Titania was getting changes i was back in! i legitimately love this warframe (for real!) its why i play.

I was reading through the patch notes for Titania, it never mentioned melee auto targeting (like archwings get) being disabled while in pixie mode. is this a bug or a misprint? i hope to see it returned, zipping around from enemy to enemy is super fun! also the auto targeting is necessary to hit anything with the sword when you use razor wing blitz, its just too fast. i also have request...

While dashing from target to target with the sword in pixie mode, bumping into walls puts you into a spin where you can't attack, it's not fun. i don't mind spinning out while flying around that's my fault, but the auto target of the melee attack sometimes hits a barrier while going to the next target and she cant attack for 4 seconds. could you make it so when you attack it either doesn't  happen at all or maybe equipping an increased recovery time mod could reduce this 4 seconds.

I like the addition of blink! its fun and gets you out of trouble when you need it. one think i would like changed though, is forward dodge. it's no longer necessary with this new blink feature. it gets activated accidentally all the time. the forward dodge doesn't let you attack for 2 or 3 seconds. it's the slowest between all the dodges. it's just awkward every time it's used.

last thing i wanted to ask, is a rewording of razor wing blitz mod. it doesn't mention a reduction in damage for every stack. its was a surprise to me when i was trying the scarlet spear event and the Condrix took less and less damage the faster and faster my attack rate rose. would like to know how much damage i'm loosing per stack of razor wing blitz.

I want to emphasize how much i liked Titania before the changes. its was the warframe i took to every type of mission, and still do now! im posting today because i want to make sure that while you make these changes to make her a more appealing warframe to the rest of the players you don't take away what makes her so much for for the rest of us. please don't rework too much too fast. she was almost perfect to begin with!😊

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb drakenstrife:

I was reading through the patch notes for Titania, it never mentioned melee auto targeting (like archwings get) being disabled while in pixie mode. is this a bug or a misprint? i hope to see it returned, zipping around from enemy to enemy is super fun! also the auto targeting is necessary to hit anything with the sword when you use razor wing blitz, its just too fast. i also have request...

I wouldnt wait for it to be back, they killed the archwing melee aiming with the "it will connect all content Islands - Railjack". Probably it could be funnier to shred trough the fighters with melee weapons instead of using the ship itself. They nerfed the Archguns as well after they unintended Solo Railjack Gameplay was kicking in.

Edited by ValinorAtani

will paid 10k platinum  for NEW MUST HAVE functions: 
IGNORE =  NO WANT SEE HIS TEXT IN TRADE MENU FOREVER
KICK BUTTON  for host
choice  if want join or host  (  i have set 100 ping ale still  game join me to potato pc  with 5 sec delay to trasfer operator)
matchmaking BAN menu --  this and this player  cant join to my host

Rank 

I like this in principle, including keeping separate ranks for ground assault and space raid, but it makes far more sense as a cumulative thing instead of a per-flotilla thing. What you do in a single instance doesn't really matter to a month-long war effort.

Also I suggest adding several more ranks, because by halfway through the event a large portion of players will be rank 3, and if everyone is max rank then max rank means nothing.

I've been playing for the past year. Empyrean and Scarelt spear are the most boring stuff that were inroduced IMO.

Kuva liches are awesome. Ember prime is awesome. Titania pime is awesome. Railjack is crap and step back.

It just feels forced and out of place in the theme of warframe lore.

Magus Lockdown Changes:

We are making changes to Magus Lockdown due to it being virtually one of the best CC and Damage combinations in the game. In some cases you can clear waves of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught without even using a Warframe or Weapon, and simply spam Magus Lockdown to victory. This goes well beyond the intended use of it and we are changing it to a CC only Arcane - true to its name - Magus Lockdown! 

• Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.
  • The amount of active Tethers is now limited to 2 per player. 
    • For example, Void Dash once > one Tether, Void Dash again > 2nd Tether, Void Dash a 3rd time > 3rd Tether, 1st Tether dies etc..
  • Magus Lockdown no longer affects the Golden Maw due to the Arcane killing the Maw and preventing Quest completion. 
    • This also fixes a script error when Magus Lockdown activates while encountering a Golden Maw.

my first post and because I am increasingly disappointed with certain measures that DE takes in the game, if the problem is the use of Magus Lockdown in Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, in my opinion it was enough to make the item specify ML ... no could be used in ESO ... as the restriction of weapons in the sorties, why doing a good thing turning it into trash without any use, now in POE I have to spend void strike buff to kill Eidolon Vomvalysts, also lose the best cc that the game had on Profit-Taker Orb missions etc ..., stop making good items in trash with nerfs without any sense, I also take the opportunity to talk about what is done in mod rivens, wasting time farming kuva sometimes spending platinum, going on a riven to then end up seeing the riven being nerfed the point of not even worth using it anymore to have constant nerfs not because the weapons are OP but because Poporality doesn’t make any sense of course if the weapon is one of the few among hundreds of weapons that we make only to gain MR because in fact they only serve this purpose and take space in the inventory, are few that players like to play with, bring back the best cc in game and stop the nerfs meaningless thanks.

Edited by bazezas
  • Like 1

On 2020-03-25 at 1:03 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Impact Changes:
Instead of ending in a knockdown or ragdoll, accumulating 5+ Impact Effects will now result in a "big stagger" with smaller staggers leading up to it, which has a random chance to activate a Parazon Finisher if the enemy is under the Health threshold. Each Impact Status adds 10% chance for the Parazon Finisher to be available. 

I've been trying to get this for a few days now and I just outright kill them before this Parazon Finisher shows. I propose increasing the chance to more than 50%. Otherwise it's another day of punching them until they do not get up.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Digital Extremes,

I pray that one of your staff reads this, and I implore you: PLEASE make the new war scenes re-watchable, just like you've done with last year's cinematics, and even Nightwave.

Little did I know that these were once-and-for-all opportunities, so having not been prepared, missed that chance to record. I'd have to start a new account and grind like crazy. No bueno.

From one Youtuber & lore fanatic... please. And going forward, kindly keep future episode cinematics rewatchable too.

Good evening, Tennos.

Seeing lots coming here to complain about Railjack and Operation Scarlet Spear.
While I, too, would have been highly (and shortly) satisfied with more quest, dialogues and interactions. I will tell you how it went on my end, so that the opinions displayed on this post get more diversified. I usually don't go on forums but when I come to check for specific info (like end event dates), I take the time to check on few posts.

Railjack is a really decent base to mix game modes (Dogfight + Archwing + Ground Missions like Spy or Assassination ), just trying all avionics combinations, positioning during dogfights, you can see the clear potential that will keep you busy for lot longer than just one or two quests. I can see the clear flaws it has too, knowing where they are make it easier to win most battles, although lot of other complains are about their ship breaking too often and too fast; if one places his ship right for each battle you won't get much damage. I basically never repair my ship and I always win my battles.

The Railjack mode is highly forgiving, you can play smart and avoid damage with a good pilot, making piloting quite rewarding in some maps with fancy asteroids formation (that's what I do). Or you can even go the opposite way, exploit No shield / Low Health state to get a high damage boost to kill the enemies faster. There are more ways to play your ship, but you can pretty much get any build and find a way to win regardless.

While you have many ways to get amazing results with your Ship... Most players still chose to have archwing players slow every enemies with Amesha. It's a fair strategy, seeing it works is really a nice display of how Archwing could be useful in railjack until you get to the point where the enemies get brain dead and gunners are shooting at them with no effort. Effectively making it impossible to explore most of the maneuvers, the pilot is pretty much useless at this point and become yet another gunner. No need for smart positioning, no need to use Vector Drift during fights, no need to look out for Ramsleds. No wonder alot of people found it boring when you have a public squad like that. I did that too, and then I stopped because it wasn't fun to use archwing like that, while your archwing customization may sure get some value, the whole Railjack ship gets little to none with that kind of setup. I had other games where players would stop using Amesha or I would cloak my Railjack when they start using Amesha again so that they get focused by crewship and die until they stop. 😈

Now on to Scarlet Spear. I was there when it started, first reaction when I hosted my Space Squad was to realise that the event was more about playing ground warframe rather than Railjack. The only tricky part was the satellite, you couldn't afford to have it vulnerable near a crewship, it would blow up instantly. Once I got that, this made the railjack part a bit more interesting, we'd have to stun/freeze the crewship, destroy it before risking to get too close. Or build up a dash through vector drift and set the satellite right away, or cloak to avoid it.

Fighting sentients was interesting, since we never got to fight this many so often, it made most squad run one specific setup while I tried to come up with various ways of handling the problem. While others were exploiting limbo advantages against sentients, I was turning brachiolyst into lanterns with Titania. Making the fight 98% a win as long as a brachiolyst was around, it would affect all the other sentients.
It was an easy way to start the event and learn abit more about what we can and can't do, also good scarlet credits.
Then I tried slow Nova, the extremely large radius makes it really safe to use and the whole squad benefit from it.
Then I tried Limbo to check how it goes.
Tried Grendel, Gauss, Chroma, and Zephyr on ground assault, my favorite frame there.
Then I tried Banshee, on Railjack.
And finally yesterday, for Railjack, I made a Vauban high energy cost build specifically made to strip armor from sentients on a large radius, and kill any Sentients getting too close to oplinks, can only be properly used if you keep feeding yourself with sentient cores, and admittedly the Flechettes don't always hit their target so you still need to use your weapons, I was using Ferrox as a 5th mine. Fun, the sentient threat made me try alot of stuff I wouldn't usually consider since sentients are usually not coming at us in crowds.

Ground assault was pretty much what I expected. While 17 Condrix in a row was kinda tiring at times, making me avoid the mode when I just wanted to relax. On the contrary, when I wanted to see more fights going on, and have a few laughs as my squad just panic from being shot in every directions, I would definitely go for ground assaults.

Admittedly, as the time went by, people began to notice a trend and meta going on, and they started to run the same warframes. Most of them take Limbo, get a rift, stun anyone going in the rift, combined with Mesa Exalted Pistols, which can fire through the rift, because it's considered an ability.
Good on them for using these strategies assuming they enjoy them. But it did made most games too easy.

On the plus side, it was so easy that I tried to play other Warframes I never saw in my railjack squad, if there was a Limbo+Mesa in my squad (which would be surprising if there wasn't), I would go out of my way to make this mission a test run for new builds. If they know what they're doing, just the two of them will give you the win and... if they don't you can take notes and learn more for the next time.

If somehow, there was no easy crowd control frames like Nova or Limbo, that's when the fun comes back, your warframe finally has something useful to do in the fight other than testing stuff, now all 4 players in the squad know it's not going to be "Easy", everyone is on their toes and look for any sentient showing up within the murex, trying to take it down before it gets too close. Some have some lesser crowd control to help, some other try to buff the squad, they summon specters, use gear items, you watch them panic and you know it'll make them happy to survive this endeavor, now this mission has a meaning. These people will be thinking hard when going back to flotilla to get a much better build, they'll start to come up with new ways of dealing with the issues (most of them will end up turning into limbos), but seeing this process of failing then learning from it is so fun and enjoyable.

One of them stayed in my squad, and decided to try many different warframes and builds: he tried Mesa, Gara, Nyx, Vauban, Frost. You could tell he was having a blast, and seeing him try not just one build but all combinations was also enjoyable for the whole party..

While we could fight 20 sentients in simulacrum, we can't set an oplink there, so the whole simulation has to be done within a Murex, which is fine.

About OPLinks. They're not much, but it was truly enjoyable to have one party linked to other parties. I enjoyed receiving kill codes seeing the nickname of the player helping me and their equipment, some were really cool looking some had funny looks. Those were automated messages but it felt good knowing even if you're in a solo party (which happened sometimes because I'm not the type to wait for people to join me, if they join fast cool, if not I clear an objective and do the rest solo) your actions help another party, they mattered to a group of people. Once you get used to it, it has less impact but it's still cool to see the other warframes.

There was another thing to Oplink though, from Flotilla, players in the lobby can deploy an OP-Link Reinforcement to a squad still fighting for the event. They have to pay 75k credits, to restore some health to the current desployed oplinks of a squad of their choosing. This person helping a squad earns nothing from it, and in fact loses credits, it's pretty much like a Leverian donation, except it's fixed at 75k credits. But it has a higher impact, it has some personality to it, since the player specifically chose to help you. I always made sure to give my thanks in the Flotilla relay whenever someone helped my squad, when it was necessary or not.

I really like what we got going on with Oplinks, it would have more meaning if the established link is made specifically toward one squad instead of "Any squad", it makes for a more intimate and valuable relation between the two squad, like with the 75k credit example above or like in the teaser part where it was introduced. This fishing squad in the teaser got a prompt from their own version of the OPLink, and could decide whether or not to help a specific squad, once they accepted their missions would always help this specific squad.
While it might be harder to make it an efficient system and would require the Railjack team to always have a 2nd choice in case ground team fails to help; it had a more personal feel to it.

About the Shop, I only wanted the weapons, I don't want most arcanes, I just wanted 3 of them I didn't have fully ranked yet. I don't know why some players decided it was interesting to farm specifically for them. I just enjoyed my time in the event and was getting arcanes as a bonus. I specifically got what I wanted without even trying. I played this event when it started, and a few other time with friends like once a week. I don't know how you guys so called "Farm" but you're clearly doing it wrong, you can get these items and enjoy yourself, just don't try to buy the whole house, why would you.

I still enjoyed the whole Operation Scarlet Spear using the Flotilla for what it was, I too had to stop playing multiple times because of bugs, but whenever it was working, you could tell there was high potential for more fun encounters. If it was possible, I too wouldn't mind getting diversified content, like more story, more mechanics, more everything, of course.

But it is pretty clear to me, that DE intend to tie it all with the new Railjack system. Just like we didn't have much story going on during Open Beta to make the base stable, now they need time to make this new Railjack stable to add more story to it. It's hard to tell what is the best course of action for Warframe, since DE surprised us multiple times with choices we didn't know we wanted before. The loud crowd should chill a bit, and the devs should keep everyone informed through devstreams.

While I also want more all the time, I did enjoy this update for what it offered. Thanks Digital Extremes, stay safe and healthy. Keep in mind that all the people showing up are players who love the game in various ways whether they sound good or not.

Edited by STUVash