(Switch) Operation Scarlet Spear: 27.3.9 - Status: Live!

On 2020-04-05 at 2:41 AM, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Hey there @[DE]Helen, Gamer-Steve here. I've been looking forward to when Scarlet Spear comes to the consoles in the future (No serious rush for that though I think, Health & Safety of ourselves is important too!).

I mainly had one question about the event though;

To help make sure people could get everything they need from the event, will Scarlet Spear be able to happen more than once? Not as often as the Buried Debts' thermia fractures of course, but somewhere between that amount of time and how often Operation Plague Star happens, as an example.

I think that it could be a good idea, unless that might impede the storyline of Warframe or The New War somehow. If it were to be recurring, even a month on and a month off (Coincidentally with COVID-19 happening it'll help provide everyone with a significant thing to try taking part in while staying indoors, though COVID-19 isn't why I thought of all this), it likely will help all the players feel less tension about rushing to get Scarlet Credits before the Consoles' given end date for the event, alleviating more stress if there is any.

If Scarlet Spear will be a one-time-only sort of event, then I suppose it makes sense. Though, all things considered I feel that it would be very helpful for people that aren't able to access the event missions very much for various reasons, be it work, family matters or personal business of their own. Just so long as it wouldn't put more stress and pressure on you or everyone else working from home too, to help keep the event recurring off and on throughout these times.

Thanks for hearing me out on all that! Be safe out there :]

This question I’ve seen asked dozens of times, even from Rebecca herself directly to Steve on stream to which he replied a non-answer lmao. Imagine not being left completely in the dark on the issues we care most about on a regular basis 🙃🙃🙃

On 2020-03-25 at 11:20 AM, (NSW)C4ffy said:

I agree with you to some extent.
The info update the Event is related to PC version so I see no reason why they should announce status for other platforms in PC topic. Have patience and the desired info will come pre-update. We still got time.

You realize you’re commenting on a switch status thread that has been up since March 24th? No one said anything about the pc thread. 

On Switch a lot of surfaces are getting a weird pinkish color. Like operator eyes, water surface and similar.  It is not a good thing to see.

Also archwing is "tripling" on anything. If it hits the wall. Very annoying as all the staggering stuff added recently to the game which ruined a lot of weapons, Including operator's amp.

And man infested somehow are killing me in one hit. 

Made fixes towards matchmaking and network issues occurring when your Switch resumes from sleep more as reported here:

• We have also looked at and improved on other net related issues while working on the above

Cautiously optimistic the 'offline bug' so many of us are experiencing is resolved with this patch.

27.3.8? A bunch of hotfixes missing for consoles again, that'll be fun. Killcodes not arriving for Space teams gonna be the shiet especially with such a small playerbase. Hope ya'll enjoy the operation lmao

Edited by (NSW)Hasuga

Hm, I wasn't aware that Rebecca herself had asked Steve about that during one of the streams.

If Scarlet Spear could be a recurring event, it'd actually give more reason to go back to it once more bugs and things are improved upon.

That being said, for everyone planning to get everything they can with Scarlet credits via both Ground and Space teams, coordinate in the chats with both squads, so all 8 people should probably pm each other or something during the missions. Might be the closet thing to having the true squad link, just like with the Fish Team during the original Empyrean reveal.

• Like 1

Yeah, I’d imagine Scarlet Spear would be a reoccurring event, especially since it’s launch on PC went over like a lead balloon (which in turn had some of us console Tenno holding our breath and/or clenching butt cheeks with how it would turn out for us...) and they seem to be pushing Railjack more and more with New War. It wouldn’t make sense for something of that nature to be a “done in one”.

Regardless of Steve’s non-answer, I think having it be reoccurring would be a win-win for everyone: they can refine the event more and people won’t miss out on the rewards.

That said? Personally, I’m glad we’re getting O:SS out of the way now, because I am *hyped* for Deadlock Protocol, even if we have to wait until May now (which I would not be opposed to if it means we have as smooth as possible of a launch). This Corpus junkie needs her fiiiiiix....

• Like 1

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Update 27.3.8 is still in Cert for Nintendo Switch. With the news that PS4 and Xbox One have passed Cert and will receive the update tomorrow, we want to reassure you that Nintendo Switch will have its own event timeline! Murex Waves and all their Rewards will be coming your way for a full five weeks once it is live on Switch. Official start and end dates/times will be posted with the Operation thread!

The team would have loved to share Operation: Scarlet Spear with you for the long weekend, but it looks unlikely at this time. We’re so sorry for the delay and grateful for your understanding. Looking forward to seeing Nintenno join the fight against the Sentient threat very soon!

1 hour ago, (NSW)Hasuga said:

27.3.8? A bunch of hotfixes missing for consoles again, that'll be fun. Killcodes not arriving for Space teams gonna be the shiet especially with such a small playerbase. Hope ya'll enjoy the operation lmao

Ah so to be clear we aren’t even getting the most recent patch and we get to play the event still broken even after weeks of beta testing on pc? that’s cool I guess. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the news @[DE]Helen! Looking forward to getting the most out of the event.

Once it comes, I'll do what I can to help Ground and Railjack teams with the builds I've worked on for Mirage & Saryn, etc. (If anyone is wondering what these builds are, feel free to message me if you see me in-game or on here)

That being said, has there been any follow-up on whether Scarlet Spear could happen again in the future after this run? It sounds like I haven't been the only one who's thought of that so far. Considering how the war may be a big one, these Murex waves may not be the only ones we'll deal with, if that makes sense.

In all honesty it really would be a win-win for the Tenno and I would like to think everyone at DE as well if it would occur again someday after this. It would allow for the whole event to be updated and enhanced beyond how far it has already come now, for any future runs. Not to mention if people miss out on the unique stuff this time, then just like with Operation Plague Star or the Acolytes, it will give newer players and more experienced Tenno who had other obligations (Health, family or work) a chance to come back and accomplish more.

Any info on that would be greatly appreciated, and as always stay safe 🙂

To disable Vacuum in Razorwing.

It's mostly so that you can run lower efficiency builds on Titania and not have your energy overfill through vacuum picking up drops immediately.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it at all, but you can just ignore it.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S

We have some surprising and exciting news to share this morning!! In a miraculous turnaround, Operation Scarlet Spear: Update 27.3.9 has passed Cert and will be going live today, April 9th @ ~ 11:00 AM ET alongside PS4 and XB1! You will be greeted by Red Text to countdown to the update's deploy.

As an early heads up, since this is our first work-from-home console launch, the Operation: Scarlet Spear event itself will begin sometime after the update has deployed. To help address issues quickly if present, we want to give our QA troops hunkered down at home the ability to jump right into the event with the community. Once everyone is in a position to do so on our end, we will launch the Operation. Once it is live we will inform you across the usual Warframe channels and post the dedicated Operation thread with all you need to know to start the collective fight against this new Sentient threat! We're extremely grateful for your patience as we work out the kinks of our new work setup so that we can bring you Operation: Scarlet Spear and more. We also want to apologize as we made an error in noting the correct hotfixes that we grabbed. We did in fact grab PC Hotfix 27.3.9 for this Cert build - the update title has been edited to reflect this: Operation Scarlet Spear: 27.3.9.

• Like 2

Wow, I guess Nintendo decided to throw us a bone for a change! (They've been dealing with their own nerf and patch issues with a certain title giving way too many eggs, lmao)

Nice surprise and a welcome one, too. Regardless of how O:SS turns out -and I'm sure the working-from-home things have made things more complicated-, I'm extremely grateful for fresh new content all the same.

Keep up the great work Danielle (and all of DE)! Working from home and being stuck at home is a new for a lot of people. Thanks for all the hard work you all continually produce! You are all amazing! Oh, and your laugh infectious, Danielle. I always look forward to someone making you break in every stream!

Edited by (NSW)Umbrella001

Since I've been seeing lots of valid concern around the Kill Codes issue that was plaguing PC (but fixed!) I'm cross-posting my response from the XB1 status thread here as well so that everyone is informed 🙂

2 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Thankfully since this was a server side fix (as noted in PC Hotfix 27.3.10), consoles have also received the fix for this update that resolve the issue of not receiving Kill Codes as Host in Murex Raids 👏