Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel's feast change makes his kit worthless for current and future content against Sentients

xcrimsonlegendx

Grendel can barely hold sentients in his gut for 8 seconds before they magically escape and appear beside him.

Grendel's entire kit is dependent on holding enemies in your gut for extended periods of time. You need them to make use of his buffs, you need them to gain armor for his passive, you need them to spit as projectiles and you need them to power his meatball. Now he's basically useless against an entire faction, a faction that all new content is revolving around. Why even bother making new frames when you completely invalidate their kits against new content? Out of all the anomaly runs I've done, I never saw another Grendel holding up the mission by keeping sentients in his gut. Yet that's the reasoning for trivializing an entire warframe and his kit for an entire faction and planned future content?

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Perhaps its duration based, does your build have low duration?

It does have a low duration stat at the moment, yes. Grendel needs efficiency to maximize his abilities, the longer you can keep enemies in the more you can buff and the longer you can use his meatball so duration really doesn't do much for him other than the length of his buffs.

EDIT: After some testing it seems its about 8 seconds with 40% duration and the same 8 seconds with 100%, so I don't think duration does anything. Then if you try to re-eat them they are instantly spit back out in under 2 seconds.

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx
  • Like 1

The update notes about Grendel did mention his duration on Sentients particularly being gutted, so that could be that. Apparently it says affected by Diminishing returns but often when that was said in the past, it also meant that each attempt of an ability would give a reduced effect against that enemy. It would be useful to know what is their maximum time allowed I guess to determine if the ability duration is really improving it much.

58 minutes ago, Urlan said:

The update notes about Grendel did mention his duration on Sentients particularly being gutted, so that could be that. Apparently it says affected by Diminishing returns but often when that was said in the past, it also meant that each attempt of an ability would give a reduced effect against that enemy. It would be useful to know what is their maximum time allowed I guess to determine if the ability duration is really improving it much.

Seems as though after the first time you eat them, its a flat 2 seconds or so that they escape after that. Timer doesn't seem to refresh either.

5 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Seems as though after the first time you eat them, its a flat 2 seconds or so that they escape after that. Timer doesn't seem to refresh either.

Thanks for checking it out!