Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark_Lugia

Titanias augment mod: dead upon arrival

Recommended Posts

unknown.png

So Aviator blocks Titanias new augment mod Ironclad Flight....
They both drain 7 capacity, they both are exilus mods, they both reduce dmg received by 40%.

unknown.png

unknown.png

 

BUT Ironclad Flight disables the vacuum in razorwing mode.

So: why would I ever use this mod? And just for the polarity it ain't worth it.
(or did they copy paste the game code of aviator and now the game thinks they are the same aka not unique mods? Like back when Korrudo had Hirudos heal?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's meant to be an alternative version of Aviator. As mentioned in patch note, some people don't want vacuum while Razorwing is active so they can have better control over energy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 22 Minuten schrieb (XB1)EternalDrk Mako:

I did ask pablo on the mod  here is his reply 

 

wow...
after we needed years to fight for year for universal vacuum and fetch for pets some people don't want vacuum XD
(I know only one use and that would be eidolons; but even then it's a niche existence mod, for a niche existence game mode, for a none-meta (in case of eidolon hunts) niche existence warframe and then it's for a niche existence build...)

Can we get a mod that turns off the weird colours if you go invis with Loki or in hysteria with Valkyr?
That's something people are asking for, too. (And you can already do that by playing around with colour correction option...)

But thanks for asking 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Can we get a mod that turns off the weird colours if you go invis with Loki or in hysteria with Valkyr?

I think that can be disabled in Options by turning of Color Correction.  I'm not sure as I don't play Loki at all, and poor Valkitty is currently at the bottom of my Frame Harem list.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 5 Minuten schrieb DatDarkOne:

I think that can be disabled in Options by turning of Color Correction.  I'm not sure as I don't play Loki at all, and poor Valkitty is currently at the bottom of my Frame Harem list.  

yes, but then it turn off the colour correction for the whole game 😞
I just want to have a clear vision and not this filters if i´m using that abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dark_Lugia said:

wow...
after we needed years to fight for year for universal vacuum and fetch for pets some people don't want vacuum XD
(I know only one use and that would be eidolons; but even then it's a niche existence mod, for a niche existence game mode, for a none-meta (in case of eidolon hunts) niche existence warframe and then it's for a niche existence build...)

Can we get a mod that turns off the weird colours if you go invis with Loki or in hysteria with Valkyr?
That's something people are asking for, too. (And you can already do that by playing around with colour correction option...)

But thanks for asking 👍

i was honestly confused by why anyone dosnt need vacuum, still am, the argument to control energy makes no sense as vacuum pulls energy orbs in to bump your energy pool up to maintain the form . so its pointless from tactical perceptive so maybe it blocks visuals or something i dunno ?

i dotn usually bug de but some things are confusing 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

vacuum pulls energy orbs in to bump your energy pool up to maintain the form

TBF, I think the reason is that energy orbs get pulled in if you're lacking any energy. Even just one missing energy point will suck up the orb and dump the extra 24 energy points into the void. Not great if you happen to be rationing them for ability upkeep.

Of course, the better fix IMO would be to backlog those extra 24 energy points so that they don't go to waste, and then stop sucking up energy orbs, but that's just me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)EternalDrk Mako:

i was honestly confused by why anyone dosnt need vacuum, still am, the argument to control energy makes no sense as vacuum pulls energy orbs in to bump your energy pool up to maintain the form . so its pointless from tactical perceptive so maybe it blocks visuals or something i dunno ?

i dotn usually bug de but some things are confusing 

 

As far as I know it´s not because of the energy but the unairu wisps which are gonna be dragged away if you use vacuum. Energy isn't a big problem during eidolon hunts since you can spam energy pads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

TBF, I think the reason is that energy orbs get pulled in if you're lacking any energy. Even just one missing energy point will suck up the orb and dump the extra 24 energy points into the void. Not great if you happen to be rationing them for ability upkeep.

Even if you were "rationing" the orbs, the orbs will soon despawn from the other drops. Rather silly how Vacuum on Razorwing was requested for more than two years before it got implemented near the end of 2018. That request was far more popular than some people asking if they can disable Vacuum, which got implemented in less than a month.

I wish them good luck to see how fun it is to vacuum the ground for drops unless they want to exit Razorwing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's any consolation, I doubt many people will use either Nezha or Zephyr's passive augments either.  But their  audience and purpose, limits and all, is pretty clearly explained in the patch notes.  

It's not taking the place of an ability augment, so I'm not going to worry about it too much.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duality52 said:

I wish them good luck to see how fun it is to vacuum the ground for drops unless they want to exit Razorwing.

It's not fun at all.  I remember very well how annoying it was to have to fly down and try to touch the orbs just to get energy while in RW mode.  I usually spent the same amount of energy trying to get the orb as what it would replenish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

It's not fun at all.  I remember very well how annoying it was to have to fly down and try to touch the orbs just to get energy while in RW mode.  I usually spent the same amount of energy trying to get the orb as what it would replenish.  

In theory, all this is preparing new useless mods, where you get 50 energy by shooting an energy orb, instead of 25 when you take it. Apparently DE could not connect this with the pet's vacuum and decided to make another crutch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, zhellon said:

In theory, all this is preparing new useless mods, where you get 50 energy by shooting an energy orb, instead of 25 when you take it. Apparently DE could not connect this with the pet's vacuum and decided to make another crutch.

 

The mod isn't a crutch.  It's only something to make a very few people happy. Those who don't want vacuum on Titania.  Which is a very very small group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

It's only something to make a very few people happy.

Ah that painfully reminds me of the days of that one person on Twitter pushing Steve to exclude Universal Medallions from affecting Conclave, along with defending the Hema Research cost.

Fast forward the near the end January, some people arguing how the changes to acquisition of the Tenebrous Ephemera called it a "slap to the face". I know there will be these people, but it's rather baffling how DE are able to be swayed by them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

The mod isn't a crutch.  It's only something to make a very few people happy. Those who don't want vacuum on Titania.  Which is a very very small group.

Now I see that this is a crutch. People wanted the razorwing vacuum to work only when the pet has a vacuum. (Thus, people could not spend the slot, left without a vacuum and play a glass cannon without an aviator). This mod could be a razorwing vacuum so people can have a razorwing vacuum without pets. It makes more sense to most people. This mod could be an addition to the well-developed mechanics, but, I'm sorry, now it looks like a crutch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

some people don't want vacuum XD

There is that one youtuber, who wouldn't stop complaining about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

 

Of course, the better fix IMO would be to backlog those extra 24 energy points so that they don't go to waste, and then stop sucking up energy orbs, but that's just me...

 

OverEnergy just like OverShields.  That could be worth the mod.   I fail to see how I'd ever slot this one.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garbage Augment mods... What else is new? 

At least it shouldn't block aviator, it could have one use case then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a mod that is literally just a replacement for another mod with the simple bonus of disabling a passive that people have been complaining about... usually those people are fans of, or are in fact, Rob from AGayGuyPlays. Because his butt is crusty over the inclusion of a vacuum on Razorwing after thousands of players asked for one and he didn't.

And while this one is bad enough, look at the ones for Zephyr and Nezha, they disable the passive and add 15% Ability Strength, literally making them worse versions of Power Drift... It's just sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Krenlik said:

OverEnergy just like OverShields.  That could be worth the mod.   I fail to see how I'd ever slot this one.

The way I was thinking was that it wouldn't be a mod, it'd just be a universal thing. Because one problem with energy orb collection is that you collect them no matter how much energy you're missing, and the excess gets dumped. That's the main reason I see people want to ration off their energy orbs. You could have over-energy, you could make it so that orbs aren't picked up until you're missing enough energy to pick them up and use every bit of them...but just anything that'd make use of the entire orb would probably make most everybody happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

And while this one is bad enough, look at the ones for Zephyr and Nezha

Just for fun, how many people do you think  will want the Zephyr augment?  Can't say I've heard more than a few complaints about her passive compared to Nezha's.  Although I'm sure some of that is just due to relative popularity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

how many people do you think  will want the Zephyr augment?

Unfortunately about 50% of the ‘rework’ thread starters. And any people that want to personally prove me wrong...

Also me to prove I’m right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This makes no sense, why would you make this? the common sense thing to do to make an option (for all frames) to either have the ability to disable passives or have the ability to swap passive with another frame. (this is something that I suggested ages ago) So instead of making it a all round option for all frames you waste time making bandage mods that takes up a mod slot when that time could be used to make something else. Make that make sense.

But about this post... since you guys love to say this I`ll say it here; "this makes sense".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is most frames can already opt out of Vacuum by simply not equipping Vacuum of Fetch to their companion or choosing to not run with either. 

The problem is that DE created a problem because instead of going the more complicated rout of honoring Titanias Sentinel/Companion mod loadout while she is in Razorwing, they just forced Vacuum as a de facto passive for Razorwing. Unfortunately again we are seeing a refusal to honor Titanias Sentinel/Companion loadout and creating another round about bush fix for the problem. 

So in a way it is kinda dead on arrival (not for the same reasons the OP is implicating) but it does address the issue in a roundabout method. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...