Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

Getting just 25 per kill code is just far too low, sgould be like 200 per kill code otherwise this is going to take ages and i'm already getting bored of running the same mission over and over and over and over again to get anywhere, its getting really boring!

Please increase the kill code score reward please.

Thank you. 

• Like 45

Honestly, this is kind of standard for all events. It's just repeat one or two objectives over and over until you get what you want. Funny how the need to get more arcanes came some bit before this event, eh?

But the first thing that a rando squad all said after scanning 7 condrix was "that's all we got?". Considering one of the rewards os 20k points it's really going to force the issue of burnout once again. I've already gotten bored of it, knowing that I'll have to do to get around 70k worth of items, not including repeat purchases of arcanes.

Could our squad had gone for longer than 7? Sure, but the OpLinks have health, so eventually you'll get booted out. And, since there are no leaderboards, there's hardly incentive to persevere.

Edited by R34LM
  • Like 14

I haven't found a megathread for this, maybe I just didn't look hard enough, if there is one, any staff feel free to just fuse this into that, thank you!

Scarlet Spear credit rewards (or SC for short in the following) need work. 
I just did 2x 9 kill codes for the railjack mission and completed it because our relay ran out of kill codes. What I have gotten from this is 345 SC.
That is 1/4 of the lowest tier arcane for a time investment in which I could have run 2x3 eidolons and gained six whole arcanes with the chance at a legendary. Not to mention the weapon blueprints cost 15 and 20k...

• Like 4

Just now, Xaero said:

RJ missions seem to give more points. Got over 1500 in one mission (5 ships).

Did you have any sort of booster applied?
We ran dry on kill-codes and I'm aware there is a ramp up to the rewards, but getting one arcane after five ships is still not worth it.

• Like 1

Same here

Did around 15 condrix which resulted in 1k credits.

Knowing that at the 10th condrix they're almost invincible and that those 15 took us 1 hour (!) it's safe to say that this is probably the worst time-based grind so far....

Either the prices should go down or the amount of credits rewarded should get boosted (a lot)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Xaero said:

RJ missions seem to give more points. Got over 1500 in one mission (5 ships).

1 minute ago, Vespilan said:

Did you have any sort of booster applied?
We ran dry on kill-codes and I'm aware there is a ramp up to the rewards, but getting one arcane after five ships is still not worth it.

Of course RJ gives you more points, really gotta sell that broken game-mode eh?.

Likely so, cuz the GT is solo, always I've seen and you can't just join a random team in RJ, you have to use YOUR Ship?, big pats on the back for who not bothered farming RJ

• Like 14

If my math is correct, from my solo run on Earth each condrix defeated is worth 30 points. That means to get 15k operation score, we need to kill 500 of them? Like even without going for the other rewards, that's a bit extreme for one single weapon. I could be wrong and doing a Railjack group could be worth more (which isn't fair to begin with, if it is worth more), but so far ...yeesh. that's a lot, even for a month-long event.

Edited by KaizergidorahXi
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Of course RJ gives you more points, really gotta sell that broken game-mode eh?.

Likely so, cuz the GT is solo, always I've seen and you can't just join a random team in RJ, you have to use YOUR Ship?, big pats on the back for who not bothered farming RJ

RJ part is easily soloable too. Just hide your rj inside Sentient ship, go inside, defend the beacon, repeat. No need to fight in space.

Edited by Xaero

Ah so railjack mode gives more points... well I suppose thats one way to encourage people to play it....

Even at 1500 points for railjack, it's still too low imo, but the land reward is pitiful for the time taken and the cost of rewards like the weapons. 

Low points aren't bad when theres some variation but it's literally repeating the same thing over and over again... I thought plague star was bad for it's repetitive nature but this truely blows that out of the water.

Got to be honest at the moment with the rewards versus grind at the current level I'm not even sure I can be bothered to do anymore of the missions....

• Like 9

Just now, Saravind said:

your math is wrong but it is still a bit much of a grind... you get increasing points longer you stay

Oh you do? I also read that Railjack missions give like 700 points each? So then...what's the point of doing the earth missions besides getting kill codes to players who make way more points than you?

• Like 1

I got on, simply enough. Decided I would try a single Scarlet Spear mission. I'd go until extraction showed up, and decide from there what I thought about it. So I did. I sent three kill codes, in just under ten minutes. I got 90 credits for it. That's 90 credits in 10 minutes, so, 90 X 60, that's 540 credits in an hour, assuming the same pace was kept. I'll even be generous and assume I managed to speed up just a bit, we'll call it 600 credits an hour.

At 600 credits an hour, the lowest tier of Arcanes, the Bronze tier, at 1,00 credits for one copy, will be fully maxed after 35 hours. There are six Bronze Arcanes on offer. So that's MORE THAN A FULL DAY for one fully maxed Arcane, and for all the BRONZE Arcanes on offer, that's 210 hours, or almost NINE DAYS of in game time farming this.

This isn't even getting into the Silver Arcanes at 1,500 credits, or the possible later addition of the Gold or Platinum Arcanes, presumably at 2,000 and 2,500 credits a piece.

Day 1, DE has INSTANTLY removed any reason to farm Arcanes from Scarlet Spear. Farming platinum and buying the Arcanes outright will, in EVERY case, be far more efficient for your time as of this release. The ONLY reason to farm Scarlet Spear would be the unique weapons, the new Simulacrum room, and a few cosmetics you may want.

Of course, given that one weapon is 20,00 credits, and the other is 15,000 credits, BOTH weapons are still MORE THAN AN ENTIRE DAY of in game time to earn, and the new Simulacrum room will be over EIGHT hours, more than a full work day, to earn.

Do NOT farm this event. Do NOT support this event. This isn't DE being out of touch, this is basic math, there's NO possible way they missed this. This was done with INTENT, and I will NOT support it, and I encourage you all to do the same. The community expected a bad rewards structure, but this is not that. This is intentionally insulting your playerbase with a level of grind that, even with the current worldwide quarantines, is insane in its time requirement. ESPECIALLY given that more Arcanes are recieved from ONE Tridolon capture, for faster. This isn't even double the time needed for Tridolon farming, this is insane. DE will NOT fix it unless we make a big stink about it, they've shown that over and over again. Start making a stink, here and on Reddit, and maybe we can get an event WORTH participating in by the end of next week.

• Like 29

This is wrong.
Each successive condrix defeated give you +15 per condrix, which mean the first is 15, second is 30, third is 45, etc...

For a 9 waves run, you would for example, get 15+30+45+60+75+90+105+120+135=675 points.
I did the math for reaching 50k in a single (for the 3rd badge) and it take 82 waves.

For the Basmu which cost only 15k, the fasted way to get it is a single run of 45 waves (if you can get enough damage to kill the Condrix).

Edited by lukinu_u
Added a missing "+" in my calculation.

Being true, and not changing... 'member when DE said in a recent devstream that "we don't want your investment to become nullyfied, since players already had their maxed arcanes"?

Well, I 'member. I also 'member how clever DE thinks they are when designing these systems that are clearly and objectively too grindy.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 12

5 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

This is wrong.
Each successive condrix defeated give you +15 per condrix, which mean the first is 15, second is 30, third is 45, etc...

For a 9 waves run, you would for example, get 15+30+45+60+75+90+105+120+135=675 points.
I did the math for reaching 50k in a single (for the 3rd badge) and it take 82 waves.

For the Basmu which cost only 15k, the fasted way to get it is a single run of 45 waves (if you can get enough damage to kill the Condrix).

I thought they capped the condrix runs at 17 each?

• Like 2