Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

Ok, so I will admit I jumped with my criticism before properly reading how the scoring works. Once you accumulated 5k credits through missions you get up to rank 3 of either individual team. Then, there is a "victory payout" in which you get a load of credits if the flotilla completes the required amount of raids, which is shown in the flotilla. At rank 3 in either team you can get 10k credits once completed. Knowing that, I'm not so much bothered by the grind as much.

However, it seems A LOT of people, like myself, never got this memo for varying reasons. This should've been explained very clearly in game.

And standing questions, do you need to actually be present in the flotilla to acquire the payout? Do you just get the payout for doing enough to earn a rank? Do ranks persist? How much investment do you need to give to each wave to be eligible for victory payout? We need some clarity.

3 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

To me the main issue is not about the grind,this even shows that they are capable of doing scaling rewards in endurance missions,something they should roll out to other missions as well.

It's quite possible they will, using this as a trial run.

42 minutes ago, xxvaderxxar said:

Yet another issue, the event is what like 3 hours long? if we exit the relay before the 3 hours are up, we get no scoring...

For real? Like, somehow my connexion was acting up and I was at 405 points and had to leave the relay, I get nothing? That can't be true.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Not a fan of having to nerf myself to create artifical challenge in game when de should be responsible for providing more challenge then gear checks that still can be bypassed by certain gimmicks personally. See I enjoyed stealth frames if anything im invisible or not targeted most of the time even with dragon keys. I don't find value in brining unmodded weapons because a someone playing for years why would I not use the mods I grinded traded and worked for? Why would I not use my beefy load outs that I grinded to achieve? It's not my responsibility as a player to create challenge for myself all the time 

I think that point's a little off topic.

Having said that, I agree with you. Hopefully DE (who've been trying to inject difficulty for years) will be able to be more successful once more revised changes come into play. Getting rid of nukes, infinite CC, invisibility also comes with the requisite rebalancing of player EHP and balance to make it so that the frames which rely on those abilities aren't suddenly left out in the cold.

vor 39 Minuten schrieb SmokinDice:

so this whole event is nothing but grinding the SAME MISSION, the SAME OBJECTIVE 20 TIMES PER MISSION for about FOURTY HOURS MINIMUM..

Two things

1. Agree. It's a scale thing. Like the other events, it's okay imo if the events content is limited in variety because variety comes by having different events, but the time expectations given by the rewards and the item prices outscale what the event has to offer.
  2. In a later post in the feedback topic, it was described that DE expected players to do a full run getting maximum rewards and thus bonuses each time. Doing a full run gives like 2000+ points, doing <5000 in one wave gives a bonus of 10.000 points. That are numbers pretty far from what you calculated. I would describe that as "rather optimistic".

Hey DE...please let people play public Murex missions. Forcing auto-host on them locks out players who have lots of ping and/or have less than decent Railjacks. They have to resort to doing the Ground missions which net them too few points for the effort it takes.

44 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

They don’t want to completely obliterate Eidolon Arcanes’s high value. So I can see the reason for the worse than plague star level of grind.

lets be real here though, eidolons is outdated content for many people.. and forcing them back to do it after they have done it for houndreds of hours already jsut to get their arcanes up to max level again is NOT fair.. and DE said so themself.. they specifically said the new event will have the arcanes so we do NOT need to farm eidolons again.. so they were lying.. because I HAVE TO do eidolon again.. and even worse I specifially DID NOT, because they told us not to worry about it..

Edited by SmokinDice
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, CortiWins said:

Two things

1. Agree. It's a scale thing. Like the other events, it's okay imo if the events content is limited in variety because variety comes by having different events, but the time expectations given by the rewards and the item prices outscale what the event has to offer.
  2. In a later post in the feedback topic, it was described that DE expected players to do a full run getting maximum rewards and thus bonuses each time. Doing a full run gives like 2000+ points, doing <5000 in one wave gives a bonus of 10.000 points. That are numbers pretty far from what you calculated. I would describe that as "rather optimistic".

problem is that we never reached 5k, 

because either the game bugged at 2,5k and the defense timer got stuck, so we were forced to exit (happend 3 times and ended the run)

or we reached the goal of 100/100 and were FORCED to leave.. (happend two times)

and one time there was a lich spawn and just destroyed the beacons one shot at level 200 ^^

so yeah, we never even reached 3k despite never having any Issues

27 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Not a fan of having to nerf myself to create artifical challenge in game when de should be responsible for providing more challenge then gear checks that still can be bypassed by certain gimmicks personally. See I enjoyed stealth frames if anything im invisible or not targeted most of the time even with dragon keys. I don't find value in brining unmodded weapons because a someone playing for years why would I not use the mods I grinded traded and worked for? Why would I not use my beefy load outs that I grinded to achieve? It's not my responsibility as a player to create challenge for myself all the time 

I get you. The game gave you power, and you want to use it. And you want to use the power in a way that makes you feel on-the-same-level as your opponents.

I would consider it almost like you want the power, but you want to not feel over-powerful, right?

I can only speak from my perspective, though.

Warframe is not balanced at the moment. There’s people wanting to be gods, and they can do that. There’s those looking for a challenge, and they can do that too.

If I want to use all my fancy mods, I’ll be overpowered, just like those who want to be overpowered. So I strip myself back; maybe I’ll use one fancy mod at a time.

I believe in developer responsibility to make things balanced and entertaining, don’t get me wrong. And I watch DE do their balance passes and changes, their new enemy introductions, and I can see how they’re trying to fulfill that responsibility. Successful or not is subjective.

It’s complicated, though. Balance is the bane of nearly every game. And while DE are trying to make new content while balancing the old, I’m willing to keep playing, being one of those numbers in the graph of player count, and giving them some money for platinum every so often. And to do that I need entertainment. And I find my entertainment by doing what I do.

That’s about the best I can do to answer your questions. You ask why you’d do what you’d do, and I can’t tell you. Why would you use crappy gear? Why would you not use the best of your equipment? All I can do is tell you why I do what I do in relation to what you ask, and we go from there.

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

1 час назад, SmokinDice сказал:

the mission was fun for the first run and the first fight..

and then i brought my tombfinger and scarlet spear got trivial. i did a single run yesterday, game crashed on a second one and i just decided to read a book instead,

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

someone doesnt remember the gradivus event, or has tried purging it from their nightmares, 100 wonderful invasions in a row.

Wasn't around for it but that event's content seems a lot more engaging. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I get you. The game gave you power, and you want to use it. And you want to use the power in a way that makes you feel on-the-same-level as your opponents.

I would consider it almost like you want the power, but you want to not feel over-powerful, right?

I can only speak from my perspective, though.

Warframe is not balanced at the moment. There’s people wanting to be gods, and they can do that. There’s those looking for a challenge, and they can do that too.

If I want to use all my fancy mods, I’ll be overpowered, just like those who want to be overpowered. So I strip myself back; maybe I’ll use one fancy mod at a time.

I believe in developer responsibility to make things balanced and entertaining, don’t get me wrong. And I watch DE do their balance passes and changes, their new enemy introductions, and I can see how they’re trying to fulfill that responsibility. Successful or not is subjective.

It’s complicated, though. Balance is the bane of nearly every game. And while DE are trying to make new content while balancing the old, I’m willing to keep playing, being one of those numbers in the graph of player count, and giving them some money for platinum every so often. And to do that I need entertainment. And I find my entertainment by doing what I do.

That’s about the best I can do to answer your questions. You ask why you’d do what you’d do, and I can’t tell you. Why would you use crappy gear? Why would you not use the best of your equipment? All I can do is tell you why I do what I do in relation to what you ask, and we go from there.

The thing is yes I do understand that other players would like to feel like a God and they should. My thing is for the past 2 years or so adding optional difficulty or a slider to adjust enemy level to at least create more challenging enemies would seem nice the simulacrum is the only place where I can fine tune enemy level to create a challeng- oh wait you can't fail in there which like you said failing sometimes does feel nice. But I shouldn't have to willingly delower myself to still only have a chance to feel such  and even then with my given playstyle being stealth I still see little challenge. As for balance it's taken de how many years just to acknowledge and start working on it? Yes I'm very happy that they've started but me and many other players have long dropped the game and at this point are just waiting to see if something peaks our interest. They fixed enemy scaling. (Not dmg cause you still can get pooped on even after shield gating so it takes a few more shots in endurance runs and also nerfed enemy accuracy (not a good thing or bad thing) the arcane reworks (meh I didn't use guardian or energize and my trickery and ultimatum got buffed) shield gating itself it all sounds great! they've changed melee and status and I can see they are working on more but at the end of the day the game is still too easy. They've neglected balance and players asking for such for so long and until there's a solid interest in many people have bailed. That was a ranty and off topic but yes 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Wasn't around for it but that event's content seems a lot more engaging. 

If you consider 100 Extermination missions as engaging.

1 hour ago, mrbubblepants said:

No variety, no challenge either. I just bring umbra pop spoiler mode and sit. There is absolutely no strategy beyond a cup of coffee to keep from falling asleep. I was hoping for something to take me away from liches boy was i disappointed.

Yeah... no. If you dont move with the Operator, Umbra kneels and stops attacking.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The thing is yes I do understand that other players would like to feel like a God and they should. My thing is for the past 2 years or so adding optional difficulty or a slider to adjust enemy level to at least create more challenging enemies would seem nice the simulacrum is the only place where I can fine tune enemy level to create a challeng- oh wait you can't fail in there which like you said failing sometimes does feel nice. But I shouldn't have to willingly delower myself to still only have a chance to feel such  and even then with my given playstyle being stealth I still see little challenge. As for balance it's taken de how many years just to acknowledge and start working on it? Yes I'm very happy that they've started but me and many other players have long dropped the game and at this point are just waiting to see if something peaks our interest. They fixed enemy scaling. (Not dmg cause you still can get pooped on even after shield gating so it takes a few more shots in endurance runs and also nerfed enemy accuracy (not a good thing or bad thing) the arcane reworks (meh I didn't use guardian or energize and my trickery and ultimatum got buffed) shield gating itself it all sounds great! they've changed melee and status and I can see they are working on more but at the end of the day the game is still too easy. They've neglected balance and players asking for such for so long and until there's a solid interest in many people have bailed. That was a ranty and off topic but yes 

Hmmm. This is food for thought, for sure. I’ll be re-reading your post a few times to parse and understand where you’re coming from.

That difficulty slider sounds like a pretty good idea.

I do think it’s unfair to imply they’d completely neglected balance over the years, and I’m sure you’d agree. This recent pass was a big change, definitely, and their priorities may have shifted. Can’t say though, I don’t work at DE, only know what the devstreams tell me.

edit: For me, shield gating is surprisingly amazing 👍. Corpus are interesting to fight and I’m not terrified of seemingly-unfair deaths

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

It's the worst event in any game ever.

Making it so you can only do the mission every couple hours for a few minutes,
well, time restraints is what people disliked about Alerts,
and peeps complained and loosing this and that.

I don't understand the timer because I joined (even hosted!) Ground Assaults and amassed points even though there was no active invasion. Timer showed about 2-3 hours to next invasion when I launched my missions...

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

But if all I really wanted to do was get the weapons, and then get other rewards on their own time by playing the event if I liked it, I could do that fairly easily (barring bugs)?

I wouldnt exactly say 'fairly easily. Loza gave you the absolute best case scenario. Basically you need to do two full perfect runs (it's actually a little more than that since each full run gives 2.3k on ground and you need 5k for the bonus).  He said 25 min per run, but at least on ground missions my times were closer to 30-35min playing with strangers from recruit chat. If you have a meta squad to play with you could speed run it (also apparently they just hotfix nerfed the condrix health). On top of all that you need to make sure you start your runs at the right time (you have 2 hours to raise those 5k, like cetus night cycles) so you cant start too late into the cycle. And get lucky that the 100 morex cap isnt reached on that 2 hour wave in the instance you're in (To get the bonus you need to stay and do your runs in the same flotilla instance, cant leave). So yea, you can do 15k (or even more) in 2 hours, but it involves a lot of work and it's best case scenario, not guaranteed at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Hmmm. This is food for thought, for sure. I’ll be re-reading your post a few times to parse and understand where you’re coming from.

That difficulty slider sounds like a pretty good idea.

I do think it’s unfair to imply they’d completely neglected balance over the years, and I’m sure you’d agree. This recent pass was a big change, definitely, and their priorities may have shifted. Can’t say though, I don’t work at DE, only know what the devstreams tell me.

If I'm not mistaken. DE themselves has admitted this. And also besides the recent balance passes what have they done to exactly balance the game in the past years brother