Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

9 hours ago, Nssheepster said:

There's a lot of people saying 'Wait a week, either DE will fix this and it'll be worth doing, or they won't and you should just ignore it.' That seems like the sensible thing to do given that, as my OP stated.... On DAY ONE, prior to ONLY the first Hotfix, DE has made entirely certain that there is no reason to farm this event.

They'll keep doing this, they want no negative, only praise. You should be used to it by now, just ignore that guy. You won't win this argument here, if they put their fingers in their ears.

But onto topic at hand:

2 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

4 weeks...

So if I run a store, and put an item on sale for 50% off, but then double the price. Is it still a 50% off sale?

4 weeks sure, however that is 4 weeks of 3 hours where you can play it, and 3 hours where you can't play it. So all of the sudden those 4 weeks of yours just got dropped to 2 of actual time where you can play it. Even less considering that players might not have 3 hours a day to sit and play warframe. They might only have an hour or less, so if they get on and they missed it by 30 minutes, guess it sucks to be that player!

Pretty much this, there is no justification, nor any excuse to have this on Day 1. It's the same thing as that horrible event (water gun game). The rewards are STILL YET to be addressed, as sated on the first POST on the hotfix itself by an player.

Day 1 is the most BEST time to have something working 100%, if other games dare do it, they shun the game down to the ground. Yet when WF does it, everyone can forgive it. An Day 1 fail can cause players to drop the event and once more Numbers go down the drain. And no amount of "you will come back lol" will do anything. Once players leave, that's it, sure you can keep playing, cuz players just want to farm then leave, but the numbers still go down and stay down.

This event needs to be fixed as soon as, not a day after or tomorrow. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Tyreal2012 said:

They said in the devstream demoing Scarlet Spear that they wanted to make sure there were no exploits before releasing the rest of the arcanes and toning the numbers. 

Don’t suppose you’ve got a timestamp or something akin? I’d love to have a look but I’m making dinner at the moment

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

Sort of whiteknighty but I think it's not "whiteknighting" statement "Maybe it's time to put the game down for a while. Go play something else and take a breather. Let the new players take the wheel. You veterans are experiencing burnout".

4 hours ago, Awazx said:

Plus, punish solo players with infinite and frustrating grinding.

I can solo Railjack Scarlet Spear Runs up to 6 Murex with a Legion of Specters and a geared Railjack. You have 30 days to grind, why the rush? Just take it slow.

Edited by DrivaMain
Changed the “Go Outside” because I am a dum dum to forgot that there is a freakin Pandemic.
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Tyreal2012 said:

They said in the devstream demoing Scarlet Spear that they wanted to make sure there were no exploits before releasing the rest of the arcanes and toning the numbers. 

They also said that the numbers weren't final and not to get upset because it wouldn't be that much of a grind... And then increased the amount of grind...

^ This is even more true when you realize the major issues are all number tweaks or toggles. The players wanting Vazirin to work on the OpLinks? It's a toggle. The reward scaling issues? It's just a number, easy hotfix.

The bugs, those will take a whole... I doubt the railjack bugs will fully leave, simply because railjack had bugs before this event. But changes like these? That's not even an hour's work to slap this hotfix together to fix that.

It's not that DE is incapable or it's taking them time or even that working from home is slowing this down. They're doing what they always try to do with this Day 1 nonsense... They're waiting it out to see if the supporters will shout down the people who are upset with them. If it doesn't happen, they'll change in a couple of days, and Reb will earn her paycheck by doing her usual masterful job of spinning this as a good thing, as them listening to the players. The players all know it's bull, if they were listening they'd not have done it in the first place. But she'll sure make it sound good.

To those continuing to try to defend this... Go back. Go back and read the Day 1 release of the older events, the older mainline patches, the older quests. Then come here and tell me just how many of them were actually RIGHT on Day 1. DE is making a big stink about this being their SEVEN YEAR anniversary.... How many good Day 1 launches have they actually pulled off in those seven years? How many times have they gotten it RIGHT Day 1? I'm not talking about bugs, though there always seem to be a few Day 1 bugs that are shamefully easy to come across and replicate..... How many times has DE actually made the core event/content correctly, so they don't have to do a major balance/mechanical change? DE is known for many things, some true, some not.... Good launches of literally anything they do is not one of them and has not been for the entire time I've played the game.

• Like 10

It feels like something has changed massively with DE's design philosophy. I used to love DE and genuinely be excited for the new quests and events. It has always been a grindy game, and that has been part of the appeal to me. I've bought several prime accesses and other bundles to help the game as I really did want to support it, but the latest updates from the liches onwards have really beat that love of the game out of me. I used to play daily, but I can't find the energy to log in now as none of the new releases respect my time. 
I want to provide focused feedback, but I don't know how really. All I can give you is a feeling. 
- Liches - beyond grindy and I don't feel they respect your time. So many layers of RNG stacked on top of each other. They have taken steps to fix it, but not enough. It feels flawed at every level. Even just getting 1 weapon feels like a grind I really don't want to engage with. Having to add 5 forma to every weapon to max out MR is just a horrible system. Playing anywhere from 20mins to 2hours when you have all 3 murmurs complete to find your own lich to defeat them is another waste of time. 
- Railjack - its the same mission over and over, no variation, just grind with added RNG. I want to love it, but again its just grind without fun after the first few times. 
- Intermission - 152 days now? same rewards as previous nightwave. I've only got up to level 13 by accidentally completing some things when I occasionally log on. 
- Scarlet spear - what's going on here? reward costs are ridiculous. Ground mission, no variation, just a boring slog. Is there even match making for the railjack side? I haven't found it yet. Maybe I'm just dumb. Buggy as always. Not even getting the coins from every mission I do. What is a flottilla? what do the support packages do? what even is any of this? If you want me to engage with the content, at least give the most basic in game explanation of what I should be doing. I'm used to going to the wiki or youtube to find out what the details are, but please if you want me to engage with the content show me how you want me to engage with it. The rest of the game has matchmaking and we're used to that being a certain way. If that has changed explain in game "you need a squad" or anything. I'm not asking for warframe to hold my hand, it never has and it never should, but it should at least have road signs. 

I know they want to give players something to do, and to keep players playing, but this feels like exactly the way to do the opposite. It feels like they have replaced fun and respect for grind and RNG with everything they do. Whatever the reason for this I won't be supporting DE financially again until they change this philosophy. I know the game is getting old and its harder and harder to add new exciting and engaging content, but I'd prefer smaller more polished events more frequently than big patches that lack respect or fun. 

Edited by zenabiz
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, Rovaeden said:

myself could write 30 pages of ideas for this game but you guys don't even read these forums so I would be wasting my time.

30 pages of ideas won't help with the fact that this engine WF is running on is extremely dated. Ideas need to be realistic to the limitations of the engine it runs on and how previous updates were implemented. Expectations are way to unrealistic. Coarse it doesn't help that DE advertises way beyond thier limitations and has a lack of any real foresight. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82

I do honestly wish DE would focus more on the core gameplay, i feel like Liches were partially or mostly squandered by the focus on Empyrean and Empyrean is so ambitious and yet also... different. I play Warframe to play Warframe, Warframe has a lot of modes and features, but it sticks to one form of gameplay. That form of gameplay is not Empyrean.

It's great that DE isn't just falling into a pit where all they're doing is periodically releasing new weapons, but they really need to stop working on all these large-scale projects that take years to develop even in a barebones form. Like we've still got the Duviri Paradox coming with all the wacky stuff that was in that teaser and the New War. This sort of passion could be put toward making a smaller-scale idea far more polished, but instead they bite off more than they can chew and rather than actually chewing it thoroughly they just try for a bit then go for another bite anyway.

• Like 3

Currently Railjack missions for Scarlet Spear is halted completely if you aren't receiving any kill codes from ground teams. This makes the game mode literally unplayable unless you're in a well-populated relay.

An easy fix for this would be to make Railjack Scarlet Spear missions progress at a set speed, which is then increased when receiving kill codes from ground missions. If ground mission kill codes are successfully received, the ground team should receive more rewards. This would reduce grind, frustration, and actually encourage cooperation instead of the unplayable situation we have now.

PS: Also, why can't we invite squad members into Railjack missions if the Scarlet Spear relay is full??? This applies even if the squad members are in the same relay. This practically forces people to play it solo, which makes the game mode even more frustrating. This is compounded by the fact that you draw aggro immediately upon starting the mission, giving you no time to even try to organize a group.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

30 pages of ideas won't help with the fact that this engine WF is running on is extremely dated. Ideas need to be realistic to the limitations of the engine it runs on and how previous updates are implemented. Expectations are way to unrealistic. Coarse it doesn't help that DE advertises way beyond thier limitations. 

Isn't Warframe's Evolution engine just as recent as Unreal Engine 4? I mean other than the engine being spaghetti AF, it seems like a very stable baseline. And being an internal engine gives them the flexibility to add low level features in a way UE or Unity would make difficult to do.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Whether over a month or over a day, 6 and a half hours of grinding for 2 weapons is still 6 hours of grinding for 2 weapons. Being a month long doesn't excuse the ridiculous costs.

Oh wow, the whole 6 hours, holy S#&$, it's like you need to play for 3 hours to get one item. Why do you even play the game if you don't want to play it?

No, i understand that grind is probably horrible as usual, i didn't see new op myself yet (as well as you, because you're on switch, right?), but i can imagine what is it. But don't you think this whole situation is getting ridiculous on both ends? Don't you think it would be more beneficial for Warframe if player would give a sensible feedback about real issues and DE would fix those issues instead of addressing complains about people not wanting to play the game for so long?

I mean, people not wanting to play the game IS the issue on its own i guess, but is it really related to the new operation or what?

Edited by 32768
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I have no actual way to put out a request for one, no way to check progress on a ground team or anything, and... realistically, I get nothing for just waiting.

Bingo on the bold, and actually, we can message the relay from space and ask people to get kill codes... buuuut that's assuming there's even anyone else in the relay to run the ground missions. And even then, we're stuck waiting out in space doing jack squat until they load in and actually kill/ scan a sentient. And then we have hope that they're going to kill 14 of them for us. Which can't be realistically expected from any team that isn't made up of MR20+'s with ridiculous builds on their guns. And the people on the ground are doing more work for less points. The whole thing is messed up from a base design standpoint. 

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Isn't Warframe's Evolution engine just as recent as Unreal Engine 4? I mean other than the engine being spaghetti AF, it seems like a very stable baseline. And being an internal engine gives them the flexibility to add low level features in a way UE or Unity would make difficult to do.

The engine is at least 8 years old. It's why it looks so dated. And it's not just about the looks, fundamentally things like knife in one hand and secondary in the other don't exist because ..dunno, they don't have time? They have to constantly update to stay relevant. And we get stuff like Scarlet Spear because of that fact. It's a never ending cycle. Their #*!%ed up 8 years of game code doesn't help in the least either.

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82

1 minute ago, 32768 said:

Oh wow, the whole 6 hours, holy S#&$, it's like you need to play for 3 hours to get one item. Why do you even play the game if you want to play it?

No, i understand that grind is probably horrible as usual, i didn't see new op myself yet (as well as you, because you're on switch, right?), but i can imagine what is it. But don't you think this whole situation is getting ridiculous on both ends? Don't you think it would be more beneficial for Warframe if player would give a sensible feedback about real issues and DE would fix those issues instead of addressing complains about people not wanting to play the game for so long?

I mean, people not wanting to play the game IS the issue on its own i guess, but is it really related to the new operation or what?

Dude, people have lives. Compare the rewards of doing this event to doing anything else on the game. The reward proposition for the time spent on this event is magnitudes lower than literally anything else in the game. If you want arcanes, you're better off ignoring this quest and just doing Eidolons. Which is frankly hilarious considering this event had arcanes added "to make getting back to Max less of a grind"...

Do I want to play the game? Yes. That's why I'm so frustrated with the level of grind on these missions. I don't want to sit idling with limbo defending a relay for hours and hours on end. I want to actually go play Warframe and enjoy the game's content. I want to play the game, not do chores for 6 hours.

• Like 3

vor 8 Stunden schrieb realmzjetter:

Some people have done ground team missions, then done a railjack mission, and ended up getting a kill code form themselves. The whole "squad link" is a scam. Ground team player names are just put into a waiting list, and then sent out in order to a railjack team. There is zero immediate meaningful interaction between the two sides.

lol seriously?

I would like to see a screenshot of that...

If the system is only lacking the points i mentioned its one thing,

but if everything is actually fake...well i really dont know what to say about that^^