Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Sort of whiteknighty but I think it's not "whiteknighting" statement "Maybe it's time to put the game down for a while. Go outside and take a breather. Let the new players take the wheel. You veterans are experiencing burnout".

I can solo Railjack Scarlet Spear Runs up to 6 Murex with a Legion of Specters and a geared Railjack. You have 30 days to grind, why the rush? Just take it slow.

This is a great time to rip and tear until it is done, then in a couple of weeks or so it will be a great time to save Midgar. Much better than going outside to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lowgrav said:

i think this grind is on purpously high so DE can learn if there is any shortcuts the players might come up with that DE will then patch out (like dropping the demolists down a hole to kill em thing) so DE is watching and listning so they can make this harder coz this is a grind game and being able to smash it out in 2 days is not what they want so incresse the grind remove the shortcuts and accidently deleate the replayability 

So what you mean to say that this practice is acceptable and a good tactics for a gaming company? 

1 hour ago, zuraja said:

I was doing a sortie when one round ended and didn't didn't get crap despite having the icon over my head when I left the flotilla.  There definitely seem so be some issues with it.

Seems like when your flotilla reaches 100 murex killed before the wave ends, you DO get a big boost of points and credits. I got it in my inbox.

Since then I've done 2 waves that feel only just short of 100, and I got nothing extra.

1 minute ago, Jivy said:

im on the verge of tears seeing the game becoming like this.. its emotional for me

I can understand it. I am in similar shoes. To be honest, I now understand those people who say DE is a toxic relationship, they keep abusing and hurting but we never give up on them. 😭 Case in point the insane grind during all these latest major update fiascos.

Edited by Nehra96

4 minutes ago, Jivy said:

it isnt tho ive done multiple runs my high score was 810 and more runs after and it still remains as 810

That is called a bug. Wait for DE to fix it.

I had 90 points (from ground), then got about 1100 and ended with 1260. I have only seen a benefit to doing the ground missions so far. Perhaps the space ones will have a catch up on it - possibly when the current thing ends.

Edited by krc473

1 minute ago, Nehra96 said:

So what you mean to say that this practice is acceptable and a good tactics for a gaming company? 

only if you dont want people replaying your games and for a game thats solely online non replay meens when people leave the game they wont be back

Your total points for the event only update after a wave ends.  So let the wave finish and then check your progress.

As for ground versus space.  Space kills the murex, ground gets the kill codes.  If you end up on a flotilla that doesn't have enough space, then they won't kill the murex and you won't get a bonus for that wave.  When the bonus gets implemented as it seems that the bonus isn't getting sent every time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

I can understand it. I am in similar shoes. To be honest, I now understand those people who say DE is a toxic relationship, they keep abusing and hurting but we never give up on them. 😭 Case in point the insane grind during all these latest major update fiascos.

im a 7k hour vet and ive known that way to long.. i love DE and i want to become a warframe partner one day cause of it but the way things are going i dont know anymore

9 hours ago, realmzjetter said:

Some people have done ground team missions, then done a railjack mission, and ended up getting a kill code form themselves. The whole "squad link" is a scam. Ground team player names are just put into a waiting list, and then sent out in order to a railjack team. There is zero immediate meaningful interaction between the two sides.

Years later this will be remembered as the Squadlink hoax.

I wouldn't mind the grind if it wasn't literally grinding the same game mode a million times.

The missions need some variety. We need incentive to actually fight the random grineer crewships showing up. We need a mission that has us actually blow up a damn Murex.

1 hour ago, zuraja said:

And on top of that, they also learned nothing from how much the time gate on Eidolons is hated.

Each wave is 3 hours long, and only 10 minutes apart. This is actually one place they did not mess up.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

I suppose they have lost their edge, their drive. You know when it comes to art, usually artists peak during a period of time and then something happens and they don't create the same stuff anymore. I think it's the same with the current staff. They have fulfilled and peaked their creative potential and we are expecting miracles from them at this time.

(I hope I am wrong though.)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jivy said:

i thought you would gain points after each mission done on earth but you have to earn 10000 points in one mission that isnt possible is it a bug?

It looks like you need to participate in a flotilla and earn one of the emblems over your head to get those emblems. (e.g. beat all 5 murex in one mission 3 times in a wave)

Then when the wave ends, you should get stuff in your Inbox. That's happened to me so far.

It's either that, or you have to get those emblems in a flotilla that actually beats the entire 100 Murex in that wave, and then you get something in your Inbox.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

3 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

I suppose they have lost their edge, their drive. You know when it comes to art, usually artists peak during a period of time and then something happens and they don't create the same stuff anymore. I think it's the same with the current staff. They have fulfilled and peaked their creative potential and we are expecting miracles from them at this time.

the game itself lost it's edge once they started changing and forcing the meta themself.

like someone else said, Remember when they were talking about that very specific game?

yeah... now this is the situation.
Spider Man Reaction GIF

Edited by 8faiNt
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I wouldn't mind the grind if it wasn't literally grinding the same game mode a million times.

The missions need some variety. We need incentive to actually fight the random grineer crewships showing up. We need a mission that has us actually blow up a damn Murex.

Each wave is 3 hours long, and only 10 minutes apart. This is actually one place they did not mess up.

Once it hits 100 ships destroyed any active missions end and you can't queue up for a new one until the 3 hour timer is up and the next wave begins.  

Edited by zuraja
  • Like 1

My first impressions of the operation:

• This is one of those instances of grinding where it feels like the costs would still be a little much even if they were divided by 10. Half an hour of play just to get the cheapest item on offer, i.e. a single unranked Arcane, is laughably awful, and DE once again have severely overshot the initial grind. Hopefully there will be the usual follow-up that will drastically increase the rate at which we can accrue event credits, as well as balance out the discrepancies between Railjack and ground missions.
  • The OpLink I don't think is really a success for now, nor is this event the best way of testing it I think either: for the ground mission, it really doesn't matter whether there's a team upstairs waiting for the kill code, because there's no feedback from the Railjack teams, so it might as well just be a regular endless mission. Meanwhile, for the Railjack team, when there's no-one around to transmit the kill code, it artificially halts progress, which feels particularly awful during a time-limited event. There needs to be a proper back-and-forth between OpLinked teams, and there needs to be some sort of compensatory mechanism for when player numbers are lacking (i.e. the game fakes a player squad to complete the requirements on the other end).
  • Auto-hosting is showing once again why it's a bad idea with Railjack missions, as players with bad connections or weak Railjacks find themselves forced to host even when they and their players really don't want them to.
  • The operation is being touted as the largest in Warframe history, but doesn't feel nearly as content-rich or as groundbreaking as expected: the ground mission is basically the same simple fight with a new enemy over and over again, and the Railjack mission similarly mostly recycles content we've already experienced. There's some new tech being tested with the OpLink, but at the end of the day we're just getting two missions to repeat ad nauseam.
  • One thing I do really like about this operation though is the ability to choose which Arcanes to obtain, and I would like that to be a permanent feature, e.g. by shifting it over to Onkko.

I would like to state again my assertion that DE is INFAMOUSLY bad with numbers.

Gameplay is hit or miss with DE, but when it comes to their skill with numeric balancing I almost feel they need to outsource for that...or put out the projected numbers weeks ahead of time to see what the reaction is.

The issue is that overall they are trying to be more ambitious than they can manage, ambition is not a bad thing, but it needs to be tempered with a sense of what is realistically achievable.

...They also shouldn't have gone into Scarlet Spear without addressing the remaining issues of Empyrean first, namely the lack of the Command Intrinsic.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Jivy said:

it isnt tho ive done multiple runs my high score was 810 and more runs after and it still remains as 810

The score doesn't update instantly. Points needed for emblem are indeed cumulative.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

You're spot on. 
This isn't the first Dev team I've witnessed lose passion over the years. 

• Like 1

The Credit Cost for New Items in this update is  WAY WAY to high. And need to be adjusted immediately.

The Average run is around 250-450. So a single Blueprint should not cost 15,000.

My Prices will be listed Below DE need to fix this asap with all the other bugs.

Ceti Lacera BP - 20,00 Should be 10,000

Basmu BP - 15,00 Should be 10,000

Murex Console and Earth Console 5000 should be 3500

Ballroom Simulacrum 5000 should be 2500.

All Arcanes and Sigils are a fair price and should remain the same.

Also DE love the cutscenes and Story element and new Hub is slick.

Edited by Moe_Kazama
  • Like 2

Honestly, it's just super boring. Did one space mission and just stood there while a Limbo stasis'd everything. I can't blame the dude either, he's got to do dozens of hours of this S#&$, I'd stasis and watch something too...

• Like 1