Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Being true, and not changing... 'member when DE said in a recent devstream that "we don't want your investment to become nullyfied, since players already had their maxed arcanes"?

Well, I 'member. I also 'member how clever DE thinks they are when designing these systems that are clearly and objectively too grindy.

I remember. I remember DE being laughed at as the fools they were when they used that as an excuse to deny using Universal Medallions for Conclave. ESPECIALLY after the guy who did the math to prove that maxing Conclave with them would be about the same time investment.

Arcanes have ALWAYS been poorly granted. Locking them to one specific bossfight? Bad enough. Locking them behind a city some of your players can't even get into, because you refuse to let them turn off rendering all the other players? Worse. TIME LOCKING IT? The last straw.

This is NOT OKAY. This is not acceptable behavior from ANY development studio, I don't care what their name is or what rapport they have with their community.

• Like 10

By the looks of it, it seems your personal profile score is a reflection of cumulative runs. Instead of promoting efficiency and getting a single good run done as with most events, this pushes players who want a good score to play an unhealthy amount of Warframe for the duration of this event. It is very unfortunate for it to be structured this way.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 8

il y a 11 minutes, KaizergidorahXi a dit :

I thought they capped the condrix runs at 17 each?

Haven't heard of that, but if it cap at 17 in mean each condrix is still worth 135 points, so you will get the weapon after 112 condrix kills, not the 500 you mentionned.

Edited by lukinu_u

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

By the looks of it, it seems your personal profile score is a reflection of cumulative runs. Instead of promoting efficiency and getting a single good run done as with most events, this pushes players who want a good score to play an unhealthy amount of Warframe for the duration of this event. It is very unfortunate for it to be structured this way.

Would you rather have a repeat of the Pacifism Defect? Because I don't.

I'm already discouraged and feeling burned out and I've barely started... 15k + 20k to get those weapons would take forever... in a limited time event!

And it's not really a case of "you pay with money or with time", in this case you have to pay with time, you can't get the weapons, stance forma or the decorations with plat.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, HunterDigi said:

I'm already discouraged and feeling burned out and I've barely started... 15k + 20k to get those weapons would take forever... in a limited time event!

And it's not really a case of "you pay with money or with time", in this case you have to pay with time, you can't get the weapons, stance forma or the decorations with plat.

Doing the math.... 'Forever' translates to LITERALLY more than 24 hours of in game active time. More than a FULL DAY.

The numbers do appear ridiculously low. Granted, DE probably under-tuned the rewards at first to avoid people going fast and being done early, but this is way too much effort for the time spend.. Feels like each reward is 10x too expensive.

I mean, the event isn't THAT fun that you want to run it nonstop for days. Even if you were only to try and get all the new rewards and ignore arcanes, it would require you way more time that I consider reasonable playing this event.

Then there's the arcane situation... You need 21 of each one to get a full set. Do the math and it's clear that even if you nolife the game for an entire month , you probably won't even be able to get all the arcane sets you wanted.

Again, I know DE loves to treat the game like a chore simulation, but when I spend an hour playing and I get like 300 points, and I need like 5000 for most of the base rewards, you know this is going to be an interminable grind of an event.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 9

20 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Haven't heard of that, but if it cap at 17 in mean each condrix is with 135 point, so you will get the weapon after 112 condrix kills, not the 500 you mentionned.

Who the hell wants to kill 112 condrixes for a single weapon tho. Should be like most events where a week of semi-casual playing gets you all the new stuff, then you have three more weeks to try and max out your favorite arcanes (since it'll take a long while getting 21 of a specific arcane.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Nssheepster said:

Context, for someone who wasn't playing during... Whatever that was?

During the Pacifism Defect operation, clan rank and rewards were based on the sum of all personal scores in the clan. Personal score was based on the highest score obtained in a single mission.

This meant that, in order to get a good score, you had to stay in the same mission for hours at a time. Some of the highest scores were from players that went for over 8 hrs in a single mission.

I'm saying that I don't want a repeat of that mess. The system for Scarlet Spear is much better, as the score reward gets better the longer you stay in the mission, but the mission does have an upper bound, so no more staying in a single mission for hours at a time. Thus, longer runs are rewarded better than shorter runs, but you are not forced to do longer runs to get rewards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Of course RJ gives you more points, really gotta sell that broken game-mode eh?.

Likely so, cuz the GT is solo, always I've seen and you can't just join a random team in RJ, you have to use YOUR Ship?, big pats on the back for who not bothered farming RJ

Or those that don't want to farm RJ because it isn't fun to do solo. (For those that don't like squad play or cannot connect due to bad internet). I'd gladly play RJ if I could actually use my RJ solo (WHERE's MY AI CREW?!) but alas I cannot, so it just sits collecting dust since I made it back in Rising Tide.    

Very odd seeing DE fall down the stairs this way, you'd think they'd seen that lego by now. They purposefully added too much grind on the Scarlet Spear event (considering that it was 4x less cost during the devstream) and it seems that RJ side of things rewards far more than ground-side. Wish they'd make soloing in RJ not stupid (abandon the RJ, the thing this entire sector of Warframe was created for) to us an archwing to complete it. Ugh, such poor design.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NexoGod13 said:

I got 945 in less than an hour... Either Im lucky or you guys did something wrong, Or it got fixed super fast but Yeah its still 20000 for some weapons

If it was in Railjack, that may be why... Supposedly those are currently more rewarding, even though that's not stated anywhere I can find... But Railjack is also still buggy AF AFAIK, so you could get more rewards or you could get no rewards.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NexoGod13 said:

yeah i got like 600 prob of this one, so yeah this guy is complaining going into the less rewarding one where I got 30min 945 credits so yeah supposdly u could get 1800 an hour credits

Cough. I'm the guy complaining, firstly... And this is still not okay, even at that rate, nor is forcing Railjack onto players in an event that is SUPPOSED to require both sides performing equally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nssheepster said:

Cough. I'm the guy complaining, firstly... And this is still not okay, even at that rate, nor is forcing Railjack onto players in an event that is SUPPOSED to require both sides performing equally.

You say it like Railjack is bad, Yeah its EXTREMELY buggy but still the prices are not that high only the weapons and the Photo thing, it might requre 20 hours of work if u get 1000 and hour but still This is GRIND GAME for a reason, U are complaining bout these that requires a day when making a warframe requires quite literally 3 days and u can only speed it up by trading or using IRL money

1 minute ago, KanoThalion said:

dont forget that you need premade squad for railjack where they did get this idea, its just horrible just let us join squads like normal railjack missions

U dont need an squad... it also works like in railjack... both options also work like in railjack it has matchmaking

There was some info in the announcement about bonus victory points but I'm not sure if that has to do with currency or how it works. Maybe once we figure it out that's the key to getting currency faster? 

The base rate is so low that I'm not going to do the event if that's really how slow it is. 20+ hours of farming per arcane set is nuts. Waiting until they change it or until someone figures out how to make it efficient and posts about it. 

5 minutes ago, NexoGod13 said:

U dont need an squad... it also works like in railjack... both options also work like in railjack it has matchmaking

Except that's not actually functioning at this time, if you have a railjack of your own.

As far as 'This is a grindy game'... It IS. However... GRINDING a Warframe doesn't take three days. It takes an hour or two at most to get the parts and the resources, then it's just waiting for build times. The grind itself is over when it is building. These prices... Even at the rate you quoted, that's still almost a full work day, for a single maxed arcane. That's not okay. There's grind and then there's this, and this is not okay.

• Like 2

il y a 26 minutes, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra a dit :

Who the hell wants to kill 112 condrixes for a single weapon tho. Should be like most events where a week of semi-casual playing gets you all the new stuff, then you have three more weeks to try and max out your favorite arcanes (since it'll take a long while getting 21 of a specific arcane.

First, we have no reliable information source for the possible cap and the official event post show it's wrong , so we can assume there is no cap https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1178067-operation-scarlet-spear-live-on-pc/ 
If there is no cap (which is 99% sure), it's 45 successive Condrix kills, which is still high, but definitely manageable.

Next, the reward don't necessarily need to be equal to the challenge, so can consider it as the "weapon not worth the grind", or as a trophy that also function as a weapon if want. If you don't care about the trophy then don't do it. If you want the weapon, do it but don't say it's not worth the efforts.

Speaking of challenge, donc 45 successives Condrix isn't that long but the challenge may not be doable by everyone and can be replaced by a much longer but easier task by splitting the Condrix kills in multiple run, this reward good players without punishing other too much.

And last, the event was a lot of work from DE, has some really important lore and so, might be a reccuring event, like Plague Star, Ghouls and the thing on Orb Vallis, so if it's too much for you will be able to catch up next time the event come.

To be honest, I think this is by far one of the best event in both gameplay and reward/progression system.

30 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

I don't find earning more points to be interesting either. I don't want to be a downer. There is room for making it more interesting I think. I just have other things to think about at the moment.

By your own admission, this event isn't really for you.... So your feedback on it isn't... Super helpful TBH. Even if the prices are made reasonable, it WILL still be a 'grind event', so you still won't want to play it.