Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

---No-Mercy---

Scarlet Spear feedback

8 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

I suppose they have lost their edge, their drive. You know when it comes to art, usually artists peak during a period of time and then something happens and they don't create the same stuff anymore. I think it's the same with the current staff. They have fulfilled and peaked their creative potential and we are expecting miracles from them at this time.

(I hope I am wrong though.)

You're spot on. 
This isn't the first Dev team I've witnessed lose passion over the years. 

The Credit Cost for New Items in this update is  WAY WAY to high. And need to be adjusted immediately.

The Average run is around 250-450. So a single Blueprint should not cost 15,000.

My Prices will be listed Below DE need to fix this asap with all the other bugs.

Ceti Lacera BP - 20,00 Should be 10,000

Basmu BP - 15,00 Should be 10,000

Murex Console and Earth Console 5000 should be 3500

Ballroom Simulacrum 5000 should be 2500.

All Arcanes and Sigils are a fair price and should remain the same.

Also DE love the cutscenes and Story element and new Hub is slick.

Honestly, it's just super boring. Did one space mission and just stood there while a Limbo stasis'd everything. I can't blame the dude either, he's got to do dozens of hours of this S#&$, I'd stasis and watch something too...

14 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

On that flotilla, yes.

Go to another flotilla instance.

Which is what every player is forced to do, locking out other players from the grind. I'm not a genius game designer but I'd say that's pretty crappy in terms of basic game design--especially when we're supposed to be working together somehow. As it stands, it's a feeding frenzy for Murex and Scarlet credits...but nothing outside of a sensible Simulacrum to purchase.

You got me again DE. Once again I fell victim to the hype.

But then I saw the absurd prices you put on the rewards, and I sobered right up. After playing a mission and getting 90 credits, then seeing that just for the new weapon the cost is 15k credits? No. Just, No.

Even with rewards increasing each time, this is too much grind. Some grind is how a F2P game survives, but this is way, way too much. And you wonder why you're losing players? You keep trying to make things so the top 10% of players, who play 10 hours each day, won't get them right away, but in doing so make them an absolute chore for everyone else.

These missions are not fun. There are no interesting mechanics, no reward to trying new things, no nothing. The spectacle of them is nice the first two or three times, but after that you realise it's the same exact thing: go to place, drop thing into place, pew pew pew until it's done, rinse and repeat. It's lazy and boring.

I will not be playing Scarlet Spear, and I encourage everyone, all players, to not play it until DE gets their head out of their buttholes and lower the prices by a very large margin.

Oh but just wait! Riven nerfs are coming soon too, some icing on that lie of a cake.

I know right.. 

Please wait 30 minutes for your friends to finish before you can join them.

Plus you can just park the Railjack in a spot the sentient fighters can't reach

1 hour ago, Kyronz said:

why the heck would anyone want to solo when pub group mechanics exist, but DE is to lazy to implement the code in the event?

And why do you think that happens if not because people throwing crap at railjack public matchmaking at this forum site just for an example?

ehm i will be not salty like you yet
give am few days to stress test and fix up stuff
but the only thing is the grinds is BOORIng
link teamplay is just a a msg .
Nothing changed
boring
but
i
will
grind it
because im bored

8 minutes ago, Akaruy said:

These missions are not fun.

Grind is fine but it has to be fun, and you're right, these missions are so boring...

So we had that problem
IT WOULD be great if we could save our progression and beam up to the railjacks and go kill the murex go back to earth earn more [ without reset bonuses scaling etc] , this would be better event than current sameshow we see every buggedframetime .
this game becomes like comunism
sounds goods
does not work that well .
cmon guys
chop chop

Honestly im disappointed but at least now we can hope for next upcoming big update and that is paradox open world with mature operator 😀👍

I don't understand i score 5k points and got R3 Murex but i got 2000 credits instead of 10 000 at the end ?

Just did a solo run for 17 scans. Got a WHOPPING 2.1K POINTS ! (which took 1hr 10min). Then realized I need 15-20k for weapons. Yeah, back to borderlands 3...On a side note, nodes were literally full at first, now they are almost empty. 

20 minutes ago, Moe_Kazama said:

The Average run is around 250-450. So a single Blueprint should not cost 15,000.

Depending on how many points you receive in a single Murex attack, you'll get a corresponding reward, 10000 points max.

Got to be honest, my issue is that instead of just letting us play it over a period of time for higher points DE in their infinite wisdom deliberately designed a system that requires us to play for a condensed (forced) period of time to get a set amount of points to get the 2000-10000 extra points, points that are necessary if we actually want anything from the store due to the imbalance in pricing versus normal return from the missions. 

These bonus points are only awarded if we get x amount of points within what seems to be a few hours and in all honesty, even in lockdown I don't think I can play scarlet spear for that long at a go without going stir crazy with it's repetitiveness....

That and the fact railjack mission gives more points which I think is totally wrong, because it's clear why it's being done... railjack just isn't popular so they're trying to 'force' people in by giving better rewards..

Throw in boring, repetitive tasks that put even plague star to shame it just seems like DE just hasn't been listening to all the issues we've had with older alerts and/or bosses.

33 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

On that flotilla, yes.

Go to another flotilla instance.

I've heard that this forfeits any bonus payout from the finished round in the first flotilla. Also, if all other flotillas are also completed, that advice would fall flat anyway. DE should just allow us to keep running missions past the 100 Murexes. Leave that number as te threshold for a victory and bonus reward for that flotilla, don't halt the missions and farming.

17 minutes ago, Akaruy said:

After playing a mission and getting 90 credits, then seeing that just for the new weapon the cost is 15k credits? No. Just, No.

End of Wave Bonus Tiers:

If you defeat the required amount of Murex in a Scarlet Spear Flotilla, you will get bonus VICTORY PAYOUT. Your Victory Payout earns you more Scarlet Credits depending on your rank!

Rank I (Ground or Space): 2000
Rank II (Ground or Space): 6000
Rank III (Ground or Space): 10,000

19 minutes ago, 844448 said:

And why do you think that happens if not because people throwing crap at railjack public matchmaking at this forum site just for an example?

lazy and bad coding, i mentioned that.    even ground runs you only get a mate or two to play on every 3rd of 4th round.   Either no one is playing or matchmaking is bad.

OR no one is playing since matchmaking makes the event dead in the water....either way it could be fixed, but DE is unlikely to put the effort in or they would have done so before release.

My recommendation is to stop talking about it or suggesting it needs to be adjusted. We've given DE enough praise for 'listening' in the past and another chance isn't what's needed here. Just don't log in to this crap anymore, stop raising that active player count in Steam just for a couple blueprints ( Riven/Platinum/Forma hustle ) and some arcanes. 

I don't think there's a better way at this point.
**I really don't want this to be about rewards though. It's not a job, this is supposed to be a form of entertainment, possibly fun ( the real reward).

While very emotionally charged, this feedback concerns pretty much the most discouraging thing in this Operation.

If someone able to play, say, 2h a day is faced with the prices, quick calculation reveals that Arcanes are as unobtainable in large quantities as from Eidolons,  if one's desire is to also get the new weapons.

Reducing prices, prolonging the event or even slightly incresing amount of scarlet credits gained each run would - in my opinion - help this whole operation to feel... more fair.

And I talked only about the grind-reward ratio, without touching weather the event is fun to do... For me it's fine, but I see not everyone share this sentiment.

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Got to be honest, my issue is that instead of just letting us play it over a period of time for higher points DE in their infinite wisdom deliberately designed a system that requires us to play for a condensed (forced) period of time to get a set amount of points to get the 2000-10000 extra points, points that are necessary if we actually want anything from the store due to the imbalance in pricing versus normal return from the missions. 

These bonus points are only awarded if we get x amount of points within what seems to be a few hours and in all honesty, even in lockdown I don't think I can play scarlet spear for that long at a go without going stir crazy with it's repetitiveness....

That and the fact railjack mission gives more points which I think is totally wrong, because it's clear why it's being done... railjack just isn't popular so they're trying to 'force' people in by giving better rewards..

Throw in boring, repetitive tasks that put even plague star to shame it just seems like DE just hasn't been listening to all the issues we've had with older alerts and/or bosses.

yeah it feels our time isnt being respected... ill still play because i need some mindless monotonous shooting in me right now though