Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

Why is there no megathread?

were they expecting no issues?

Bah , i digress.

Other than the ocassional bugs , i have one bone to pick - that is the incentive to play Space vs ground missions.

Ground missions are relatively quick but for the time spent in them the rewards is nearly half (if not less) of what you would in RJ.

But the #*!%ing kicker is that you cant be efficient in a Railjack mission unless there is an actual live ,active and competent (three combinations of qualities which are rarely found in the game) squad on ground.

The Dependency on others has reduced my enthusiasm greatly and frustrates me when i have to wait minutes and minutes to do what i planned to do.

this needs to be changed or a better scale (more kill codes per scan to be shared) needs to be applied.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

6 minutes ago, Syrethyst said:

they do have a bug megathread..

But none for feedback. This isn't in the bug report section. At this point, the mods have collapsed at least four seperate threads that I know of into one big mess of a thread. We're on 24 pages now, and the collective gist of it is 'Rewards seem bad. They might be better than they seem, but we can't freaking tell'. And there's been no particular response to that from DE that I've seen. So, we'll see. We're coming up on the start of the workday for Canadians, so.... If nothing has been said in say, 12 hours, we can safely assume this either isn't changing, or isn't changing any time soon.

• Like 2

Also they buried the fact that "Squad Link" isn't really a thing. The game just puts your name into a list which is sent to the Railjack team. Some people have gotten killcodes from themselves when they switch from ground to Railjack. There is zero immediate, meaningful interaction between the ground mission and the railjack mission. They just made a new type of Extractor mission for this update.

• Like 6

I just come from a RJ mission on spear solo. FAILED Cause I sat there for nearly 2 hours going towards 3 Solo and only got 1 kill code out of the 9 needed. THIS IS TERRIBLE. I just sat there waited for nearly and hour just to get 1 kill code. I concluded that there is no way I'll get this so I decided to stress test it to see how bad it is. about another hour later I failed cause of the rail took too much damage and I was afk so I couldn't patch up the rupture. DE this is busted beyond belief between living on a prayer just for kill codes and the fact that I could afk and have the mission progress nowhere for that long is horrible.

The only solution I can think of is a Kill code bank that broadcasts kill codes to RJ teams so they aren't sitting there and hoping for codes at a reasonable pace

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, realmzjetter said:

Also they buried the fact that "Squad Link" isn't really a thing. The game just puts your name into a list which is sent to the Railjack team. Some people have gotten killcodes from themselves when they switch from ground to Railjack. There is zero immediate, meaningful interaction between the ground mission and the railjack mission. They just made a new type of Extractor mission for this update.

So it doesn't work as you thought it would work. To be honest, i also thought that it's going to be real-time link between teams, not a mailbox.

But there was a thread yesterday, it got deleted for some reason, and we were discussing that from the perspective of player, as long as there are no communications between two teams, it doesn't really matter if squad link is real-time, mailbox, or even a random event that server generates to let you progress (e.g. if there is no ground team to complete another part of distributed mission). So all in all it shouldn't matter as long as game let them finish the mission.

That said, this is extremely funny to uncover such revelation, and, at the same time, perhaps DE has some issues with expectations management. People getting their own stuff from past-themselves is a bug of course, or at least a Duviri Paradox, so to speak. I guess Duviri Paradox already starts this year.

• Like 2

well the only thing that is a negative point so far ist the chat i dont need to know who gets codes and i dont need to know who was the taking mine or giving it to me now my chat is constantly in my hud because of the server messages

33 minutes ago, realmzjetter said:

I'm not sure how they "buried that fact." The issue you're describing is self-evident from even a cursory look at the system, and blatantly obvious from actually playing a single mission. Squad Link is little more than a placebo effect, and I've been saying as much since it was announced. When there's no actual interaction between the Ground and Railjack teams, then the whole thing becomes functionally indistinguishable from a placebo. The game could take the codes you're generating and discard them, then generate codes and randomly assign a name to them from the people currently in the Flotilla and nobody would be able to tell the difference. In fact, I don't think you can actually prove that this ISN'T what's happening right now. Sure, some people running Railjack missions complain about not getting codes, but that could just as easily be faked as a means of bolstering the illusion.

Now granted, I don't think Squad Link is actually a lie and I don't think the codes are procedurally generated to fake player-to-player interaction. I'm not that far gone yet. It is, however, hard to tell the difference between fake player-to-player interaction and real such when the interaction is that remote with this many layers of abstraction. I still don't understand what the point of Squad Link was in the first place. Why did DE look at this idea and think it was something they had to implement? Under what circumstances would that ever have been distinguishable from a placebo? Because I can't think of such a situation.

• Like 2

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Steel_Rook:

I'm not sure how they "buried that fact." The issue you're describing is self-evident from even a cursory look at the system, and blatantly obvious from actually playing a single mission. Squad Link is little more than a placebo effect, and I've been saying as much since it was announced. When there's no actual interaction between the Ground and Railjack teams, then the whole thing becomes functionally indistinguishable from a placebo. The game could take the codes you're generating and discard them, then generate codes and randomly assign a name to them from the people currently in the Flotilla and nobody would be able to tell the difference. In fact, I don't think you can actually prove that this ISN'T what's happening right now. Sure, some people running Railjack missions complain about not getting codes, but that could just as easily be faked as a means of bolstering the illusion.

Now granted, I don't think Squad Link is actually a lie and I don't think the codes are procedurally generated to fake player-to-player interaction. I'm not that far gone yet. It is, however, hard to tell the difference between fake player-to-player interaction and real such when the interaction is that remote with this many layers of abstraction. I still don't understand what the point of Squad Link was in the first place. Why did DE look at this idea and think it was something they had to implement? Under what circumstances would that ever have been distinguishable from a placebo? Because I can't think of such a situation.

Well, probably at the beginning they had plans that look something like the things i posted (originally in a seperate thread):

Zitat

This could have been awesome if:

• you get a teamchat with all players of both squads (communication)
  • the actions of the one squad have real consequences on how the game plays out for the other squad (interaction)
  1. a certain action of Team 1 staggers/slows/weakens the enemies or the Boss of Team 2
  2. on the other hand, if Team 1 fails to do this, enemies or the Boss get stronger for Team 2
  3. certain actions of Team 1 can buff the players of Team 2
  4. certain actions of Team 1 give Ammo Support/Health Support/Energy Support for Team 2 (maybe its even the only way to gain these ressources for the other Team)
  5. certain actions of Team 1 act as surveillance and provide the other Team with some sort of Enemy Radar/wallhacking vision or highlight weakspots on enemies for enhanced damage
  • since Team 1 can't do all of that at the same time, Team 2 has to tell them when they need what kind of support the most (communication)
  • for perfect immersion show an actual clip of what the other Team has done instead of a completly random clip with FashionFrame and a meaningless text (information)

I could go on and on, for example Team 1 has perfect information about the Map Team 2 is on and the other way around, so each Team can set Waypoints for the other Team on their Minimaps as the next task to do (need them to hack something so you can find new enemies? click the console on the Map so it becomes the next objective for the other team).

And then they noticed that they are not capable of realizing anything close to that, so the Placebo-Link is what we got.

2 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

And then they noticed that they are not capable of realizing anything close to that, so the Placebo-Link is what we got.

Hmm... OK, fair point - that IS less prone to being a placebo since real interaction is needed between the teams. I still don't think it would have worked unless you brought your own team of 8 people because "pubbies," but fair enough. What we got, though, really feels like a repeat of Kuva Liches - make big promises, then drastically underdeliver with a glorified repetitive grind which barely even qualifies as the same thing. For whatever reason, DE's development history over the last year or so increasingly resembles that of Might Number 9.

Honestly, I feel that Squad Link is a millstone around the neck of what is otherwise a pretty good game mode. This is a bit off-topic, but I'd love to keep the ground version of Scarlet Spear permanently after the event, just without the Squad Link. It's a neat if simple game mode, and we can use more of those.

Il y a 19 heures, R34LM a dit :

this is kind of standard for all events. It's just repeat one or two objectives over and over until you get what you want.

This.

Exactly. I cant' anymore. Maybe i'm too old, i don't know. Maybe i play for too long. But to hell with that.

• Like 1

Zitat

vor 19 Stunden schrieb R34LM:

this is kind of standard for all events. It's just repeat one or two objectives over and over until you get what you want.

This.

Exactly. I cant' anymore. Maybe i'm too old, i don't know. Maybe i play for too long. But to hell with that.

Same.

I think the only reason i tolerated it when i was relatively new to the game was that i thought i need to prepare for the "real" content or the stuff we get hyped with all the time.

Took me long enough to realize and lose all faith, but at least i know now that it will always be like this.

Show and promise awesome stuff in DevStreams and at Tennocon - release just the bare minimum and make people play the same *** over and over again.

• Like 2

As someone that only has done the ground side of the event, I like it. It's functional enough, and fun to play. I feel like a lot of the criticism stems from previous grievances of the other bad content. It was kinda cringe watching Brozime getting absolutely rabid mad from having to wait for waves to start. I couldn't help think that past content made him look at this content in such eyes. 

Match making seems okay. Would be nice to pug railjack AND select to not use your own railjack, because my railjack is 0/0/0/0/0 ranked.

I wish the new primary weapon didn't require railjack resources. If the gun was for railjack, that would be fine, because that's related. For now, the blueprint will sit in the foundry until, if ever, I get the resources to build it.

6 hours ago, 32768 said:

Why don't you just do it then?

This isn't first thing people would ignore, is it? I pretty much ignore PoE and Fortuna and i'm pretty sure majority of players ignore archwing missions, right? So why don't drop Limbo and take another warframe to do this mission the way you would like to do it?

The difference here is that those things are not time limited events with exclusive rewards locked behind them. This is an operation, a time limited event. Those other things, if I wanted their rewards down the road I can still get them. And all of those things you mentioned may not be fun, but they still respect your time with rewards a hell of a lot better than this does.

6 hours ago, 32768 said:

No, seriously, it blows my mind. First DE is hyping (presumably) another mobile defense and leave people disappointed, and then people are disappointed, but here's the twist: those people didn't receive the update yet. Like holy S#&$, mind blown.

What are you talking about? The update is live. It's running on PC. We've got it in our hands...

6 hours ago, 32768 said:

Can't you just buy those weapons from the shop if you have a life and don't have time to play the game as it was intended to be played by developers? I mean, i'm not saying that grind is good, but you can just buy new guns in shop, right?

Someone clearly has not played the update. These are Operation weapons. Event weapons. They're not available in the store. They will be rolled out in other ways many many months down the road, but they're not available for plat. And that's to say nothing of all the other decorations and cosmetics that are exclusive to this event.

Also for the record even if they were, "you can buy it with plat!" Doesn't excuse a ridiculous grind that doesn't respect player time either. When it's faster to farm the plat to buy an item than it is to farm the item itself something is wrong there.

Just spent the damn 3 hours farming 5k points to get the maximum 10k bonus reward in the end. We got 100/100... didn't get any reward. Yeah, I'm done now. F this sh*t.

UDATE: seems it needs some time to update. Finally got the 10k.

Edited by Fellas92
  • Like 2

This even is worse than the squirt gun summer one. It's convoluted as hell, to the point where I'm reading online guides about how to play it but I still don't get how the points, score, and other bells and whistles of this event work. It's grindy beyond belief, to the point where I actually have to play the same mission about 160 times just to get the blueprint for the new weapon.

I honestly can't tell if it's bugged or if that's really how the event is supposed to work. None of it makes sense to me. I don't understand what the point of multiple scarlet instances is, what purpose the timer serves, if I have to stay in the lobby and wait for the timer to end or not, if I can hop on different instances to continue fighting without losing all my previous progress etc. Heck I don't even understand why each player needs to deploy their own thingy in ground missions; and don't get me started with railjack raids.

In my eyes, this is just a really sad attempt to scrape some of their newly developed sentient assets and stitch them up together like some manner of Frankenstein's monster and stretch it out to the extreme by making it crazy grindy, in a desperate attempt to deliver some form of new content and keep players "engaged".

DE, you've lost your minds. You're so out of touch with what your own game needs, it's actually sad. Even the "new gun every week" release cycle was better than... whatever this even is.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, xxvaderxxar said:

Having to stay 3 hours logged in into the relay or loosing event participation is unacceptable.

Are we sure that's a thing, though? People have suggested that your contribution is saved and you'll get the reward when that Flotilla concludes. I don't actually know either way, because this event has been stupidly under-explained to us.