Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

46 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

This is the part that galls me the most, personally. DE released Railjack stupidly unfinished with promises to add so much more to it. Other than minor bugfixes ("minor," as in crash fixes), DE haven't really added much to it. And yet here we are, basing entire new events around a game mode which is itself still bare-bones, unfinished and honestly predominantly hollow. Finish what you started BEFORE using it in new events and crossover content. Where are the AI crews? Where are the Corpus ships? Where are the game modes other than Exterminate? Are you going to keep the Sentient fights in the game after the event, or are we going back to Grineer Exterminate missions all of the time?

Welp came back to the forums cause i am slightly miffed after failing to reach 30 days worth of ducat aff booster only to find out today D.E. SWAPPED the aff booster for credit booster and left everything about the same (cept the lack of primed chamber of course). Cause i wanted to get a stock prepared for titania prime coming in 4 days and likely next week or two would be scarlet spear for console.

Anyway i think brozime and a few other content creators sum up my own details a whole lot better, but pretty much: Get a live crew to focus on more active content while the regular crew is focusing on actually getting the big content out proper instead of what we have been getting constantly.

Honestly i wish D.E. delayed scarlet spear and instead focused on shipping out the corpus ship tileset revamp since atleast they HAVE some proper base-frame there to get it right. Though we all know the supposed new gamemode included with it will likely be broke on arrival too.

And yeah, that big WUT, on if we are going to get more nodes populated with sentients and will squadlink have any use OUTSIDE of the event indeed, especially once the event is over. Cause it feels more like D.E. is both mechanics testing & stress testing the mechanic`s syncing functionality for this for the month of the event, instead of actually having it already set for regular gameplay.

I think all the scarlet spear instances should forcibly expel everyone at the end of waves, and reset instances back to the beginning state. Perfect excuse for a 10 min cooldown.

There are seemingly empty instances and playing open squads solo isn't great. Makes the grind seem longer.

Talking about grind, looks like I will only be able to get 1 full set of arcanes before I get bored of the event. As someone that avoids ediolons, it's quite disappointing.

46 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Honestly i wish D.E. delayed scarlet spear and instead focused on shipping out the corpus ship tileset revamp since atleast they HAVE some proper base-frame there to get it right. Though we all know the supposed new gamemode included with it will likely be broke on arrival too.

I would have liked to see the Corpus Ship redesign first, as well. Even if its new game mode is busted on arrival, that's still a redesign of a LOT of legacy content. We don't HAVE to grind the new mission over and over again to enjoy the new content. It affects a lot more than itself - Sorties, solar map nodes, Liches, invasions... Well, hopefully invasions. Be real irritating if THOSE tilesets didn't get updated. Point being, a tileset redesign gives us more content than just itself, because it affects content across the entire game. Scarlet Spear seems to affect itself and nothing else.

48 minutes ago, Avienas said:

And yeah, that big WUT, on if we are going to get more nodes populated with sentients and will squadlink have any use OUTSIDE of the event indeed, especially once the event is over. Cause it feels more like D.E. is both mechanics testing & stress testing the mechanic`s syncing functionality for this for the month of the event, instead of actually having it already set for regular gameplay.

On the one hand, I hope so. Getting a new "planet" represented by a Sentient Armada that we can go to for both Ground and Sentient missions would be nice. On the other hand... Does Scarlet Spear really have enough content for that? I saw ONE Sentient ship and ONE Sentient boarding vessel. The Sentient tileset is nice (if a bit barren), but is there enough of it? This may just be my luck, but I seem to have run into no more than a dozen or so rooms, counting hallways. Are we sure enough of that tileset is ready for prime time that we can host full missions in it? Does it have a full set of containers and lockers and friendship doors and exploration secrets and all the other nitty-gritty that even the museum-like Orokin Tower tileset has? I mean, what's there works... Sort of works in the very limited context of Scarlet Spear, but I doubt DE have enough to host much besides Exterminate and Capture on that tileset... And maybe a repeat of Scarlet Spear's objective.

And what about the Ground mission? That's pretty good content that I'd play (sparingly) even outside the event if I could. Can I? Will we get to keep the one on Earth? Will we get Condrix on other planets like what happened with Disruption? I would like to. I mean, it's a glorified Excavation mission, sure, but it's still something new and it's not terrible. I would love to play that solo when I'm not trying to grind points for a limited-time event. I just think that if these kinds of additions rolled out as permanent expansions to the core game first and THEN got turned into events, I might feel a little better. I might feel like content selection is being expanded, rather than fearing a cool mission type will disappear forever in a few weeks.

17 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I saw ONE Sentient ship and ONE Sentient boarding vessel.

There's two, actually. One seems like a normal ship without anything special.

A second has a weird trick where, once it takes a certain amount of damage, it breaks into four smaller ships that shoot at you and don't have a targeting reticule. Either it reforms back to one ship on its own, or you can shoot down those four yourself (which has a risk factor of each one destroyed launching small energy projectiles at you).

Still limiting, yes. I'm kinda wondering if Sentients will have anything similar to a proper Crewship. Or if we'll ever go into a proper fight against the Murex, instead of hacking them to scare them off.

So with the "Splinter" boarding vessel that Cy likes to talk about....

There's_Three_Actually_Banner.jpg

Getting a new "planet" represented by a Sentient Armada that we can go to for both Ground and Sentient missions would be nice. On the other hand... Does Scarlet Spear really have enough content for that?

Ideally, they could add more missions. One would hope. They don't seem nearly as limiting as you make them out to be. Exterminate already fits. Using the OpLink as a "computer" we already have a form of Defense where we first place the object to defend - they could easily grow that into forcing us to move to different points in the ship for a "Mobile Defense" method. (though either one feels too similar)
Survival is just a fresh take on Exterminate, imo, with a timer instead of a kill count.

Capture could be worked in - there's Vomvalysts in there, and why not use OpLinks in some manner that locks one down to bring back to Little Duck or The Business for analysis?

Rescue would be workable too, maybe even spread out across multiple rooms, without necessarily "needing" a new room (even if it could benefit) - just stick an Agent behind one of the special "secret walls" and force us to figure out which one it is (maybe we're required to take out the Sentients in the area before we can do it, or have to "hack the codes" with OpLinks, something like that).

Realistically, only Spy would need new individual rooms, just so they can give us new puzzles to play with.

This may just be my luck, but I seem to have run into no more than a dozen or so rooms, counting hallways. Are we sure enough of that tileset is ready for prime time that we can host full missions in it?

I feel this is a non-concern. Current tilesets already repeat a lot of the same rooms, and we recognize all of them almost immediately. So this would be par for the course, imo. I personally love the new tilesets. I'm not sick of them yet, at least. And I've done a loooooot of Sentient Anomaly runs.

Does it have a full set of containers and lockers and friendship doors and exploration secrets and all the other nitty-gritty that even the museum-like Orokin Tower tileset has?

I think it has enough to be a regular thing. The secret doors that you have to hit with an Amp to open. The platforms that only form when you shoot the red clouds. The weird flying-through-space-link-thing between two rooms. The weird glowing "sun" that floats in some rooms as an indestructible threat.

It could probably use more fun things added in, but that just means there's more room to grow Sentient lore in the future without overcrowding this tileset.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

I thought that being stuck at home during a global pandemic would prepare me for the monotonous grind in Warframe's latest limited event, but it appears I was wrong.  Scarlet Spear is so agonizingly awful, I've decided to quit playing the game until DE takes the time to fix it.  There are more rewarding things to do, even in quarantine.  Doom Eternal came out last week, and id Software has infinitely more respect for my time than Digital Extremes.

As a parting gift, here are some fun Scarlet Spear anecdotes from my experience with the event thus far:

My first attempt at the Murex Raid event failed for no visible reason.  My second attempt (this time with a full squad) was unsuccessful because I was not able to load into the game.  My third attempt ended when my game froze on returning to the relay.

After a few more attempts at Murex Raids and Ground Assaults, I started noticing that I was being awarded arbitrary amounts of bonus credits, which had nothing to do with my actual contributions to the event.  Without being able to rely on bonus credits grinding to acquire credits felt very tedious.  Apparently, this was a well-known bug.

Logged in last night after the latest hotfix to play with a friend.  He tried to recruit two more people for Ground Assault, since we weren't getting matched with anyone in public games (I still don't know if public matchmaking even exists).  Got two people and tried repeatedly to find an open relay.  The Navigation display showed incorrect information about relay status, so after five attempts we were unable to find a relay with Murex waves.  Furthermore, the squad would get separated (presumably because of relay capacity) and sent to different empty relays.  Eventually, the squad just disbanded.  After searching some more, we found an open relay that would accommodate both of us but were unable to invite others.  After a few rounds of Ground Assault (which we again had to do with just two people), we were booted out because the relay had hit its Murex cap.

Logged in around noon today.  Got a squad to do a Murex Raid.  Had a bad connection with the host, so there were immediate problems, since Railjack is extremely poorly optimized.  Eventually, glitched out in the last of three runs and had to extract.  Squad left the relay while I stuck around to help get it to 100/100.  After a few more attempts to join ongoing Murex Raids, I started noticing that Kill Codes were either not being sent or being sent and not received.  The relay display showed that there were teams both on the ground and in space, yet the Murex count was not going up.  Tried to switch to Ground Assault, but that didn't help.  The relay finished at 85/100, so I got no bonus for about 2.5 hours of playing. 

I'd like to end this post with some constructive criticism for the event, but all I can come up with is the line "HIRE PLAYTESTERS" followed by deranged laughter.  

Edited by am0rtized
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

It could probably use more fun things added in, but that just means there's more room to grow Sentient lore in the future without overcrowding this tileset.

Well, if that's true then I sincerely hope we get the Sentient Armada added as a proper location. It could even move around like the Kuva Fortress - it is an armada. I don't know enough about the tileset, but if you feel there's enough then I would DEFINITELY want to see it show up as more regular content after the event.

43 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Well, if that's true then I sincerely hope we get the Sentient Armada added as a proper location. It could even move around like the Kuva Fortress - it is an armada. I don't know enough about the tileset, but if you feel there's enough then I would DEFINITELY want to see it show up as more regular content after the event.

Assuming they do continue work on this tileset and grow it, instead of just abandoning it now that they're working on the Corpus tileset revamp.

I really wish they had a team of people for maintaining and updating older content. The game is now too big for their small studio to properly handle it. If they had a team of people specifically for maintaining and updating content, then the big heads like Steve that love to focus on new projects can freely do that.

28 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Assuming they do continue work on this tileset and grow it, instead of just abandoning it now that they're working on the Corpus tileset revamp.

I really wish they had a team of people for maintaining and updating older content. The game is now too big for their small studio to properly handle it. If they had a team of people specifically for maintaining and updating content, then the big heads like Steve that love to focus on new projects can freely do that.

Supposedly, DE is a studio of 300 people - hardly a small indie. That doesn't explain the quality of their releases a lot of the time, but that's how they described themselves in a recent Dev Stream.

With that said - MAN I would love it if DE just added new rooms to tilesets every so often. Sure, the old Tilesets really do need to be redesigned from scratch both for visual fidelity and terrain navigation issues, but... Well, let's just say that getting even a single new tile for Jupiter Remasterd, for instance, would be really nice. It doesn't have to be monumental or ground breaking. Just a new room here and there should help grow the tileset significantly. The same goes for Sentients. I'm fine with the Tileset launching with a small number of tiles if I had ANY reason to suspect DE would ever add to it. You know, as opposed to abandoning it and running off to make new ones.

Oh, great. Apparently Scarlet Spear update also ruined the ability to invite people to your Dojo for trading. For all who invited, get inside a different instance of a dojo, like a different realy instance, so we are in the same squad, but we are not on the same map. As if we are not on the same dojo, although, we are.

My primary wishes right now are:

1) either an increase in point gains or decrease in some prices since even with the bonuses I don't think they're in an ideal spot and I don't think the rarer arcanes should be priced much higher than the current most expensive arcanes (but we don't have them yet so it's concerning how much they may end up being)

2) fixes to code uploading since it sometimes gets stuck even when there's more ground squads than space and I believe it does get stuck when it's not supposed to as I was in a game with a DE employee once who was hosting and said he was talking to a programmer when we got stuck and said that we had gotten stuck and left the game. When it's instant every time it's actually a fast reasonably timed mission. 

2a) as some suggested, changing codes to be a bonus rather than something you wait on could be nice: IE: you wait a maximum of 10-15 seconds for someones code and if not it just does it anyway, if you get a code from another player you both get bonus points or something

edit 3) Make your scores combined instead of picking the highest. There's no reason to separate them between modes anymore. 

If it were possible I think just having a region wide Murex goal to hit in order for everyone to get bonuses would be best as you could then also merge matchmaking from all Flotillas. Currently having such a limited player pool per flotilla makes matchmaking kind of bad currently (may not be enough people queuing for something in that specific flotilla). On top of bad matchmaking, a region wide goal would let everyone get their bonuses particularly if the wave didn't end when you hit the goal, but allowed people to keep farming points to cap their bonuses. Because of the bonus system cap you've already limited how many points you can get per wave anyway, so you might as well not have TWO different mechanics to hold points back. Once you cap you're earning 3x fewer points until the next wave as it is. 

An expansion on that idea could be Murex goal breakpoints regionwide. IE: if you get to 1000x that wave, everyone gets 2x bonus points, 2k = 3x 3k = 4x 4k =5x (just making up numbers since I have no idea how many total we're getting right now each wave across all flotillas). That way you have no hard cap on Murex per wave, but you're chasing different breakpoints each wave to get a higher bonus multiplier for everyone. You could then increase the point cap to 20-30k or something, maybe even 50k depending on how much you plan on charging for the better arcanes. 

Edited by Borg1611

On 2020-03-26 at 4:04 PM, xxvaderxxar said:

The sentient assault rifle needs buffing hard. Neither of the sentient weapons have been anything more than a curiosity and they are rather hard to get. At least make the rifle special. Just give it a regular 20-25% crit.

I want to get it, i like the concept, but it is hard to justify spending so much time getting such a sub par weapon.

Yup.  I finished building mine yesterday and the only positive thing I can say about it is that it isn't as terrible as the Stug.

On 2020-03-26 at 1:03 AM, Prexades said:

I am really, really disappointed about the RJ part of this event. We are not really using our RJ to fight sentients in space. We are just ferrying from one Murex to the next. For those who absolutely can not stand RJ there are the ground maps, but you should have given us RJ fans a space battle to fight.

There is actually optional fighting going on but detrimental to do, better to hide the Railjack and have the whole team work on the objective. 

Why are the Conrryst thing give so little point at the start and take the same amount of time to scans as the latter wave thus making it take 30 to 40 min to get about 1500 points while RJ take less than 20 min to get the same amount.

Why not change it to:

- Mission start at level 50 , Conrryst are stronger or even do more than a target practice,you can only scan 1 time give 500 point.

- Level ramp up by 50 for each Conrryst.

- 1 kill code kill 1 Murrex, but take longer to defend.

-500 point for each Murrex

-Bonus just give it when you reach a certain amount of point like the rank but not dependence on the 100 Murrex thing.

These changes make thing more streamline and less conveluted, mean less thing can go wrong

P.S maybe lower the weapons to 6000 or 8000 point to lessen the grind for solo player. Most people doing the event want the arcane so don't time sink them to the weapon.

Scarlet Spear...Okay so we have Phase 1 or Emblem 1. Easy to do. Grinding, boring, and repetitive. To me it shows that D.E. has run out of ideas or their creators just don't give a damn anymore and it sucks for players b/c we hope that they come up with what made us love the game in the first place. Now D.E. here are some suggestions. Make every Phase of Scarlet Spear different. Hear me out. Make it so that instead of the tile set and missions being a hybrid Mobile defense have us do something completely different but full of the action we know and love. So with all 3 phases are we not only doing them b/c we want the rewards, we are doing them b/c they are interesting and they hold our attention instead of feeling mental pain/wasting our time after doing the same mission over and over. The Scarlet Spear feels less like content and more of a boring grind to slog through in order to get enough credits to attain the vaunted "Arcanes", new weapons, or other stuff. I say this out of all respect b/c youtubers who talk about Warframe are feeling the same way. Do you do this on purpose? We who play have all heard "Wait until what we are planning for next" then the next update comes and it's the same grind and very little content. Remember games back in the day like Bard's Tale, Curse of The Azure Bonds, Eye of The Beholder, Death Knights of Krynn(when it worked) Ultima(the series even before it went online)King's Quest, etc. these games(though old and graphically nothing compared to today)had some serious content and yes they are RPG's, it's not like your content creators can't take from some of the classics and inject that kind of content into Warframe.  So D.E. what's next? You're at a point where yes, you do still have a lot of players but for how much longer until a similar game comes out that learns from your mistakes and makes something better?

D.E., We As A Community Know You Can Do Better, Now Step Up To The Plate And Hit A Home Run!

• Like 3

On 2020-03-28 at 12:45 AM, zuraja said:

Yup.  I finished building mine yesterday and the only positive thing I can say about it is that it isn't as terrible as the Stug.

Yeah, the Bamsu is pretty bad. It's not useless, but it's just... Eh. I've had trouble getting the heal to work, and "the heal" is kind of not the point of a weapon, as far as I'm concerned. Its mechanic is also really clunky to use. The long reload vs. the short auto-reload if you stop firing with a partially full mag means I'm having to very carefully feather my trigger every time lest I trip a reload and kill my already pretty weak DPS. The Secondary Fire is also uncomfortable in the extreme. Rather than have me hold the secondary fire button for which I don't have a decent bind, why not make it work like the Stradavar or the Kuva Hind. Alt fire to swap modes, primary fire to shoot. Alt fire to shoot is fine on weapons like the Tenora where it's a single charge-up shot, but on weapons with a held alt fire mode... Just let me swap modes, please.

19 hours ago, ntyd1s said:

There is actually optional fighting going on but detrimental to do, better to hide the Railjack and have the whole team work on the objective. 

As much as I find the Railjack event to be a really boring snooze-fest where a Limbo does something while I sit there tapping my foot and checking my watch... I kind of like the core idea of the mode. Yes, Scarlet Spear space is basically a Railjack mission with minimal Railjack use - most people just hide their ship inside the Murex ribs and leave it there. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing. See, the Space Scarlet Spear mission is still a ground mission, but it's a ground mission built out of the tools of Railjack. This is something I've talked about at length in the past (and should probably write up in a separate post), but this could potentially be the blueprint for bringing regular missions TO Railjack. Imagine a regular Spy mission with vaults inside three ships. You fly in using your Railjack, park it inside a nebula or an exhaust plume or some other "anomaly" where the enemy can't detect it, then EVA on your Archwing. You go ship-to-ship looking for spy vaults, one vault per ship. Let's say you blew the alarm on all three vaults - fleet-wide alarm sounds, enemy discover your Railjack. You need to rush back to it, fight off Fighters and Crew Ships jumping in until Cy can recalculate escape coordinates, then you jump out with ships still shooting behind you.

Now granted, I don't think this was the INTENT of the Scarlet Spear space mission. DE didn't provide us with a Railjack hiding spot. Rather, we independently found an unintended one on our own. Regardless of intent, however, this mission design CAN work to broaden the scope of Railjack away from just Descent Freespace in Warframe. Fully-ground-based missions which STILL use the Railjack as a framing device should still be a thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MattM01 said:

D.E., We As A Community Know You Can Do Better, Now Step Up To The Plate And Hit A Home Run!

You probably want a ice hockey reference if you want DE to listen more attentively.

As to the actual game issues , yes , it could definitely have been better,

And i am not one to defend DE but an actual suggestion rather than "Do better" would be helpful,

Here's a better idea :

Dialog by Duck: "I dont know how but those grineer seem to have managed to scare away a condrix , and get a few of those codes we need , lets see if we can put them to better use"

Mission becomes one of 4 things we know and love: 

Spy /Disruption

Little duck " OK those muckers probably dont know what they got but they know its valuable , they are keeping it in secure vaults , time to do some hacking tenno"

Do spy/disruption mission as you would normally do, each vault grants 1 point. getting the point spawns sentients that you need to kill to upload it.

Mobile defense:

Little duck: "A nearby console caught the screams of the condrix , make it sing for us"

Do typical MD not too different from condrix run , but no bells and whistles.

Capture:

Little duck: "not all grineer are dumb grunts some of them are smart enough to put 2 and 2 together, one of them has a few kill codes we could use"

At the end of any such mission we can have sentient spawns.

Little duck: "those bugs are onto us , they are interfering with the upload , get rid of em"

Note: these are all bonus objectives,

A condrix will still spawn , in regular intervals but if you have a well co ordinated team you can get more kill codes.