Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

ok so i've played this operation for 2 hours ... result ? only 2400 points were a single weapon costs 15000..

other than that space lobby get more points and also more resources (shedu , war parts ) so what's the point to play the earth one?

i ve run 8 of those condrix for only 540 POINTS ! i need 1000 points for a ridicolous arcane (wich can take 1 hour total because of that condrix's health scaling).

sry for bad english and have a nice grind!!!

• Like 1

Hold the f up, is this some kind of lame scam to make people play the game ???

I think i heard countless of times before event started that we will get rank 5 arcanes when we buy them, and now i see i get one rank 0 arcane ???? for 1000 points ??the lamest arcane that i can get in 5 mins doing one terry ???

Really ???????????

Even the pic of arcane in vendor shop is Rank 5, and when u buy it u get one rank 0 arcane, no one should play this S#&$ as a protest.

U want me to play 30+ mins for one rank 0 common arcane that i can get in 5 mins doing terralyst ?

Or is this just bug and i should actually get rank 5 arcane ?

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Or those that don't want to farm RJ because it isn't fun to do solo. (For those that don't like squad play or cannot connect due to bad internet). I'd gladly play RJ if I could actually use my RJ solo (WHERE's MY AI CREW?!) but alas I cannot, so it just sits collecting dust since I made it back in Rising Tide.    

Very odd seeing DE fall down the stairs this way, you'd think they'd seen that lego by now. They purposefully added too much grind on the Scarlet Spear event (considering that it was 4x less cost during the devstream) and it seems that RJ side of things rewards far more than ground-side. Wish they'd make soloing in RJ not stupid (abandon the RJ, the thing this entire sector of Warframe was created for) to us an archwing to complete it. Ugh, such poor design.

Tell me about it and I'm getting flak by the gate-gaurds now.

• Like 2

there is a bonus system set up that if you would take the time to read the actual operation post that at the top end can net you 10k per flotilla, perhaps read this provided information and don't go off on the system that you only got access to a few hours ago you would have a more fully developed understanding of how system works before you declare it too grindy.   

• Like 1

Hi, i'm here for write my Mega-critics about the new event! Fell free to add more critic here for a thread rich of criticism!

1) The point you gain: after lvl 8 earth mission you gain more or less 650 point... (maniacal laugh) if you think they are a lot of point, just know you need 57574576754756349563475637456743679356 point to buy all the offer! But don't worry, if you play 24/24 7/7 sice the event end, you could have something!

2) You want to play the Earth mission? Change of plans tenno! Go railjack, there you gain the double of the point in half of the time! Oh well... it's not realy true, cause everyone play RJ and no one play Earth, so you are stuck in mission!!! /unstuck tenno!

I don't say more.... for now..... cmon tel your critics!!!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Gildarts_bb said:

there is a bonus system set up that if you would take the time to read the actual operation post that at the top end can net you 10k per flotilla, perhaps read this provided information and don't go off on the system that you only got access to a few hours ago you would have a more fully developed understanding of how system works before you declare it too grindy.   

I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that you can't personally cause that, it's not a certain thing, and nobody I've spoken to has actually GOTTEN one yet.

So no, that is not, at all, an excuse or a fix to this issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gildarts_bb said:

there is a bonus system set up that if you would take the time to read the actual operation post that at the top end can net you 10k per flotilla

The bonus system is not well explained at all, they really need to explain how it works or most people will quit before ever figuring it out. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gildarts_bb said:

if you read the operation post there is a bonus mechanic that at the top end can provide 10k per flotilla which should help speed up the process 

As per my reply in the other post.... That's not a fix or an excuse. If that was a certain thing every time the flotilla was closed, then it would be. Since it's not certain, and you can't personally cause it.... It can't be relied upon to reduce the grind. Also, despite multiple flotillas finishing a wave... Nobody I've spoken to has actually GOTTEN this bonus yet.

3 minutes ago, Nssheepster said:

I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that you can't personally cause that, it's not a certain thing, and nobody I've spoken to has actually GOTTEN one yet.

So no, that is not, at all, an excuse or a fix to this issue.

as it is very early in the operation we don't actually know it could be a bug that no one has gotten it 

I'll have to agree with the sentiment here.  I've done a couple of runs solo and the credit gain is so slow that it's actively discouraging.  The ground-side gameplay is very, very simple to the point where it's not strong enough to hold my interest on its own for extended periods.  If I could look at the rewards and always be saying "Oh!  Just one more half-decent run and I can grab X!", I think I'd feel a lot more motivated to stick with it.  As it is, I already feel like I've seen everything there is to see with the ground mission, and the feeling that I quite simply will not play enough to get any meaningful rewards because I like to do things that aren't Warframe sometimes, well, that sucks.  And this is coming from someone who struggles enough with Eidolons that I have very few arcanes, none of them maxed even before the recent changes.  This should be my big chance to get some and find out what all the fuss is about, but with these numbers it's not gonna happen.  The end of wave bonus not being a sure thing doesn't help either.  I'm going to give the space side of things a couple of runs and see if it's more interesting/rewarding/possible solo.

The costs are not actually particularly crazy. The amount you get per objective scales up quite a bit as you get further into the missions - a Murex run rewarded about 2k. And then on top of that you get the bonuses when a flotilla finishes.

This is just, as usual, explained very poorly. It's not explained at all in the game, and it's even hidden in a collapsed FAQ in the notes posted to the forums.

Between the crashes, bugs, rewards not dropping correctly, and lack of information, this is really showcasing pretty much everything DE is especially bad at.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

The bonus system is not well explained at all, they really need to explain how it works or most people will quit before ever figuring it out. 

this is true the explanation was a little vague, but we are very early into this event if they are quitting this soon then they should not be playing this game it have literally on been a few hours   

5 minutes ago, Modus-Pwnens said:

The costs are not actually particularly crazy. The amount you get per objective scales up quite a bit as you get further into the missions - a Murex run rewarded about 2k. And then on top of that you get the bonuses when a flotilla finishes.

This is just, as usual, explained very poorly. It's not explained at all in the game, and it's even hidden in a collapsed FAQ in the notes posted to the forums.

Between the crashes, bugs, rewards not dropping correctly, and lack of information, this is really showcasing pretty much everything DE is especially bad at.

Murex runs being the Railjack ones? Yeah, except thanks to DE's bad launch, lack of the Command Intrinsic we were promised, and the need for Archwing..... Railjack is easily one of the least loved parts of the game. So forcing the Railjack HALF of the operation to get good rewards isn't acceptable whatsoever.

• Like 6

I tried a few missions with clanmates this evening in Scarlet Spear and after a few runs i asked them if Squadlinking did already happen at some point, because i didnt notice it at all.

Maybe i am missing something, and if thats the case i would be happy about some explanations.

But my impression so far is that Squadlink seems to add absolutly nothing to the game from a gameplay perspective.

I mean, there is

• no interaction between squads
  • no communication between squads (unless you quickly type the name you see in the overlay and /w him or her)
  • no information about what the other squad is doing (yes there are some cryptic messages from cephalon cy, but thats not really what i mean)

Afterall, i have the impression that if we havent been told that this system exists, nobody would ever notice it 😄

Each squad is simply doing the mission it has chosen, and thats it.

It feels like every other mission, and the "interaction" between squads wouldn't be any different if the other side was AI/scripted.

If, at all, the system has a negative impact on your experience, but i am not sure about this because i dont fully understand the system.

For example, can the Railjack squad perform tasks faster if the ground team performs better or the other way around?

Or, Is one squad unable to go on if the other fails/choses to extract or do we get assigned to another squad?

As mentioned above, i dont know because there is not enough communication or information about whats happening.

if there actually is some interaction between squads and the performance of one team has an impact on the other team, there is one major flaw in this whole system.

Why is there no matchmaking for Squads? (meaning a Railjack Squad can team up with a ground Squad)

I didnt expect anything from this system because after a few years you know the game and the Devs and the first time they have shown it with the squad on the plains i expected it to fail and become something like "Incursions 2.0", and tbh after the recent announcements i had a feeling it would become exactly what it is now...

Once again, they announced something with a lot of potential (i can only smile when i read or write that word in relation to Warframe at this point) and ofc it has been hyped up as the new big thing in connection with Railjack which changes the way how we play and experience Warframe...and now its just a nice gimmick at best?

This could have been awesome if:

• you get a teamchat with all players of both squads (communication)
  • the actions of the one squad have real consequences on how the game plays out for the other squad (interaction)
  1. a certain action of Team 1 staggers/slows/weakens the enemies or the Boss of Team 2
  2. on the other hand, if Team 1 fails to do this, enemies or the Boss get stronger for Team 2
  3. certain actions of Team 1 can buff the players of Team 2
  4. certain actions of Team 1 give Ammo Support/Health Support/Energy Support for Team 2 (maybe its even the only way to gain these ressources for the other Team)
  5. certain actions of Team 1 act as surveillance and provide the other Team with some sort of Enemy Radar/wallhacking vision or highlight weakspots on enemies for enhanced damage
  • since Team 1 can't do all of that at the same time, Team 2 has to tell them when they need what kind of support the most (communication)
  • for perfect immersion show an actual clip of what the other Team has done instead of a completly random clip with FashionFrame and a meaningless text (information)

I could go on and on, for example Team 1 has perfect information about the Map Team 2 is on and the other way around, so each Team can set Waypoints for the other Team on their Minimaps as the next task to do (need them to hack something so you can find new enemies? click the console on the Map so it becomes the next objective for the other team).

Ofc things like my ideas above should have been kept kinda simple, basic and intuitive so it still fits into Warframe, but yeah, i would have appreciated basically everything.

Ps: I am not judging the missions itself, they can be fun (if you are lucky and dont have any bugs), i am only talking about Squadlink.

Edited by DreisterDino
Mods merged multiple Threads, renamed my Thread to original name, dont blame me if everyone is talking about something else here because Mods once again made a horrible Job with merging Threads!
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Gildarts_bb said:

this is true the explanation was a little vague, but we are very early into this event if they are quitting this soon then they should not be playing this game it have literally on been a few hours   

It is very early. And as you may recall... DE needing to Day 1 or 2 rebalance something because they did an AWFUL job with it.... Is not something new. Remember all the hotfixes and balance patches we got in the first week of Liches? Remember the MAJOR functionality changes we got too, because it was SO badly designed and implemented on release?

There's a lot of people saying 'Wait a week, either DE will fix this and it'll be worth doing, or they won't and you should just ignore it.' That seems like the sensible thing to do given that, as my OP stated.... On DAY ONE, prior to ONLY the first Hotfix, DE has made entirely certain that there is no reason to farm this event.

I am open to this improving. I hope it does. However it's also DE, and despite all their 'hard work' Impact is still the most hated damage type in the game, among other notable long running issues they have refused to fix/change. So there's a significant chance that this isn't getting changed and we'll get a BS post explaining why. Kudos to Reb though, she does a HELL of a good job making DE look better than they are.

• Like 2

Really hate this.  Was in a railjack mission.  Took 45 minutes and bugged at the end.  We got no credits whatsoever.  JEEZ it is late March and it seem like they just barely put this together.  

This event I hopes gets them more bad publicity.  The railjack portion is 99% not even railjack.  Wasting 45 minutes for nothing is not fun.  People defending them when it shows that this event was half-a**ed.  This is the way it has been for Liches, Railjack, and other mainlines for the last year.

Edited by Opetyr
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nssheepster said:

Murex runs being the Railjack ones? Yeah, except thanks to DE's bad launch, lack of the Command Intrinsic we were promised, and the need for Archwing..... Railjack is easily one of the least loved parts of the game. So forcing the Railjack HALF of the operation to get good rewards isn't acceptable whatsoever.

But given that Railjack May not be the massive hit that DE expected, it’s kinda unsurprising they’re adding a carrot specifically to the Railjack side.

(Assuming Railjack isn’t, in fact, that popular. It’s not popular with me, but that’s just anecdote.)

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

But given that Railjack May not to be the massive hit that DE expected, it’s kinda unsurprising they’re adding a carrot specifically to the Railjack side.

(Assuming Railjack isn’t, in fact, that popular. It’s not popular with me, but that’s just anecdote.)

Honestly, even if Railjack had launched perfectly it still would've been questionable at best, simply because the gameplay forces Archwing and that is VERY unpopular.

• Like 6

Just now, Nssheepster said:

The railjack ones are actually largely ground-focused too - you tow a satellite to the Murex, then you board the Murex and defend the beacons while kill codes upload. When we did it, we parked the railjack inside the "skeleton" of the murex, then one person stayed behind on the railjack, and repelled boarders (so also mostly normal ground combat).

A full railjack run gives 2565 score.

A full ground run gives, wait for it, 2565 score.

And the bonus goes up to 10k - for either ground or railjack.

5 minutes ago, Modus-Pwnens said:

A full railjack run gives 2565 score.

A full ground run gives, wait for it, 2565 score.

And the bonus goes up to 10k - for either ground or railjack.

Screenshots for that would be needed, seeing as nobody else seems to be getting equal amounts... Nor have I seen anyone getting that mythical 10K bonus.

• Like 1